Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@angelachase: Oh my goodness, I even commented on it on the other thread! Can I blame it on pregnancy brain? I am probably going to post one tomorrow since I will be 13 weeks exactly.

2. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: so glad everything is okay! thank goodness for good health care!

@angelachase: i am feeling bigger today too but i don't know if it is due to my first day of vacation and not being so self conscious about trying not to look pregnant!

3. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

I survived the weekend with the ILs without arousing suspicion as far as I can tell and had brunch with a good friend and wanted to tell her but decided to wait. Now we have almost two weeks off, 4 of which DH is off too, so I am so excited to just relax. I am now wishing my next appointment was earlier than the 9th so I could go back and just tell everyone as I think it will be a lot harder to hide at 12 weeks. Oh well!

4. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

For those of you that haven't told everyone - how are you hiding your bump over the holidays?? I just realized that my obvious bump needs to be hidden tonight and I have no idea what to wear!! Ugh...

5. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@ValentineMommy: big sweaters, skinny jeans and boots! Or loose layers. How far along are you now?

6. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MamaCate: almost 9 weeks! My parents and 1 cousin know, but I don't want everyone knowing yet. I suppose had I not had a loss last time, I would feel more comfortable. I just can't get past the feeling of something bad happening.

7. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@ValentineMommy: no I totally understand. My loss was at 12 weeks last time so the only person who knows is DH and we agreed to keep it under wraps until we are out of the first trimester. I also try to remind myself that no one is paying as much attention to how I look as I do!

8. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@ValentineMommy: I wore a scarf to work the other day and just let it hang over my belly. Totally worked!

AFM, officially out of the first trimester and 13 weeks today!!!! Please be ok little baby!

9. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

Wishing all the July mamas a wonderful and happy holiday!!

I might be off the grid at my brothers farm for the next couple of days. Recent 12 week ultrasound looked good and they gave me a "new" due date of June 29th! But MW is going to stick to July 2nd. Telling my brother, grandmother, family over the holidays. Can't wait!

10. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@simplyfelicity: hooray for being in your second tri!!!!
    @Reese: I read that as your new due date being JULY 29 and was like "holy crap that's a huge difference!!!!!"

Is anyone else planning to use Christmas to announce on Facebook? I think that's our plan, even though I'll be 11w5d

11. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Candy_nee: So did I! My heart sank for a split second.
    @Reese: Happy holidays! Let us know how it goes telling the family!

Haha, so I just ran into my MIL at the grocery store and I could tell she was looking for my bump...first grand baby over here!

12. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Reese: happy holidays! good luck sharing the news!

@simplyfelicity: yay for being out of the first tri! are you feeling better?

13. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MamaCate: Just saw this! I am okay, but pretty tired, emotional and kind of dizzy. Oh and been queasy all day. It comes and goes. How are you?

14. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

Merry Christmas mommas!
    Here's the announcement we posted on social media this morning

15. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Candy_nee: How cute!!!

16. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Happy holidays all!

17. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

Merry Christmas everyone

@Candy_nee: love it!

18. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@Candy_nee: so cute!

Merry Christmas mamas!

19. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Candy_nee: so cute ! I am telling people in person but haven't announced (fb) yet, I need ideas

Merry Christmas/happy holidays everyone!

20. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

Merry Christmas mamas! Hope everyone had a great day!

21. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I haven't decided either! We are going to announce after our next ultrasound in early January

22. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@Candy_nee: That's adorable!!

We're still keeping it off social media but I told my family today! We told our DD last night by giving her a big sister book and explaining. We were so sure she'd be thrilled and she just slid the book across the floor and hasn't wanted to talk about it since!! This from the kid who loudly asked us to "make a baby today" when out to breakfast over the summer.

23. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@simplyfelicity: I am sorry you are still not feeling better! Hopefully the end is in sight! I am feeling fine--I do need to eat quicker after I get up and am starting to feel full faster but so far I have really had it easy so I can't complain.

@Candy_nee: super cute announcement!

@cait: oh no! I am so excited about telling my LO in a few weeks but I would be so sad if that were her reaction. She is a little obsessed with babies right now so I am hoping for a good response.

24. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

As for me, I am in the waiting room for my NIPT testing right now!

How is everyone sleeping? I wake up at least twice to pee and have a hard time falling back asleep and today my back felt really tight. I was hoping this was not going to be an issue until later on!

25. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@Candy_nee: soooo cute!!

@MamaCate: I get up to per at least once now. DH bought me the snoogle for Christmas - GAME CHANGER!! Love it!!

Christmas announcement went well but my nephew and brother were sick! My brother was "getting over" the flu! Needless to say we left much earlier than planned.

If that wasn't bad enough my aunt burned an electric kettle on the stove (thinking that's how she had to warm it up) burnt plastic smell and smoke filled the house. I ran outside for air (and after 10 minutes we drove back to my parents place) but of course now I'm paranoid breathing in the fumes did permanent harm. Someone talk me off the ledge

26. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

Thanks girls! Trying to get a toddler to sit still to take a pic on Christmas morning is every bit as hard as it sounds!

27. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: Since you only breathed it in for a very short while, I am sure baby is ok.

28. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Anyone get some baby "loot" for Christmas? I got some soft building blocks, a baseball onesie, a baby picture frame, an SF Giants toddler sweatshirt, and a gift card to amazon.

29. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@MamaCate: She is much better about it today! I think she was mostly upset that she was allowed to open a gift before Christmas morning and then it wasn't something she could actually play with right then. Today she's been hugging my belly and talking about what she will get to do with "her baby."

30. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

Hi everyone! We had a really fun Christmas announcing to all the extended family and family friends! My very stoic grandmother cried and cried--I was honestly taken aback. I have never seen her get so emotional about ANYTHING.

@simplyfelicity: I got some maternity clothes, and swapping over to maternity jeans was a game changer! I also got a sentimental baby gift--my mom bought the same stuffed bear for baby that I always held & slept with when I was little.

31. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@simplyfelicity: dh got me an earth mama pregnancy/postpartum pampering kit, with teas and lotions and stuff. A nice surprise and looks like fun to try. He is the only one who knows although I am planning to treat myself to new maternity jeans once the next appt goes well in two weeks.

32. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@MamaCate: did your pack come with the bottom spray? That stuff was soo amazing after my vaginal delivery! I always buy it as baby shower gifts now haha!

33. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@simplyfelicity: My DH booked a prenatal massage for me for next week. And we got a few onesies and baby blankets... That made it feel so much more real for me!

34. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@simplyfelicity: yes! My mom made a huge gift basket for the baby. Onesies, giraffe robe, booties, scratch mittens, bottle cleaner, 2 packs of diapers, wipes, teether, baby clothes hangers . And oh dear I forget what else. Did I mention that she is very excited

ETA: DH bought me the Snoogle - love it!

35. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@QBbride: yes! I didn't hear about until after my delivery with lo so I am excited to have it for this time!

36. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

I've been doing in-person announcements this holiday season by dressing my two year old in a 'getting promoted to big brother' shirt. Will probably post a pic of him in the shirt on fb after everyone in real life knows, so likely another month.

For hiding my bump I agree with the long scarves. I also find suit jackets do a good job but I don't have enough to wear to work every day. Some days I have no bump and then all of a sudden I can eat and get so much has that I look like I have at twenty week bump!

37. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

I haven't been on in a few days, lots to catch up on! We announced to our families over Christmas. MIL sobbed when she opened her gift and saw the ultrasound, not the reaction I was expecting but everyone is very excited. My parents were both in a bit of shock at first.

We've only told immediate family and a few select relatives since I am home and wanted to do it in person. For everyone else we are waiting until our next u/s on the 14th. Now that a few people know we are feeling more ready to share.

38. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

Hey mamas! Hope everyone is having a great holiday!

We also just wrapped up our holiday celebrations and told our families/extended w ds wearing a #1 big bro shirt!

Nausea is still lingering on. Not horrible but def still have naseous Barfy moments.

I was also gifted a sonoline Doppler from a hb mama from my first due date board and heard the heartbeat last week at 8.5 weeks. I just tried it for Dh and found the hb in a minute at 9.5 weeks so it's definitely been a great reassurance and neat experience!

Looking forward to our next ob appt and following nt scan!

39. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@mrsjyw: that's awesome you found the heartbeat so early! I've never even heard the heartbeat, only saw it on the u/s at 10+3. My next midwife spot is Jan 7 (they were super busy over xmas and my last spot I was only 7w so she wouldn't try to find it) so I can't wait to hear it!!

We have told family and friends. I'm working OT tonight so I think I will let the news out at work. We won't make a Facebook reveal, we didn't with our son either. We waited until he was born to post something

40. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season. We are just back home and getting settled and busy finding spots for the plethora of new toys DD has been spoiled with. We announced to all of the extended family all over the holidays. Some people knew about the miscarriages and i think some people were totally expecting it, so while everyone was excited, it was more of a "oh how nice" reaction and then back to what they were doing. Haha, it's cool though.
    My NT scan is Tuesday, and I can't freakin wait to see him or her.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee