Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@mrsjyw: what an awesome gift! Yes, I find te doppler extremely reassuring. I have only used it a few times though. Each time the baby was quite easy to find.

@QBbride: Jan 7th is so close!!

@Tidybee: my MIL/BIL reactions were the same way. It was kind of awkward, oh well. My family was ecstatic! Our friends have been very excited as well.

2. cait

apricot / 268 posts

Anyone else catch one of the stomach bugs going around? What a great addition to regular morning sickness!

3. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@cait: not yet - but I'm super nervous about catching the flu/being sick! I often work in hospitals and have been using the hand sanitizer pumps like its my job

4. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@cait: I haven't, thank goodness!

Overall Christmas was fun. We announced to our families on Christmas Eve because we were all together and there was a lot of excitement. We basically put LO in a Best Big Sister shirt and had her walk into the dining room where everyone was sitting. At first no one got it. I could just see the confused look on everyone's faces, lol.

5. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@cait: My niece had it after I had been snuggling her all Christmas day but I somehow didn't get sick. Sorry you aren't feeling well, hope it passes soon.

Haven't had morning sickness for a few days and I ran out of my diceglis and thought maybe I didn't need it anymore...wrong!

6. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

Glad to hear about some great holiday announcements! We put my son in a Big Brother tee as well and people totally didn't read it.. my nephews' reaction was the best super excited for "Yay more cousins!!" My son has started calling the baby she and says it's a girl haha

@simplyfelicity: I'm still too scared to buy anything!! It's a total mental issue

@cait: I had a stomach bug two weeks ago and now the cold that won't quit!! Definitely not fun while prego

7. littlebittyhouse

pear / 1570 posts

Ahh I've been such a slacker! I am just getting caught up with the board. SO MANY exciting announcements over the holidays!

So, we decided to skip the first trimester screening this time and I went to cancel my appointment but the tech was like are you sure you just don't want the ultrasound? It was strange, like she was trying to convince me to do it! Now I'm conflicted! It would be nice to see a 13.5w baby but I don't really need to have the ultrasound...

8. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@littlebittyhouse: We decided to do the ultrasound without the NT scan. Could you just do that?

9. littlebittyhouse

pear / 1570 posts

@simplyfelicity: I could but it is scheduled for Friday at 10:45 at the hospital and I already have a regular appt with my OB at 8:45 in the office so I'd be spending my off travelling from Dr to Dr...I think I am just going to skip it. I will hear the heartbeat at my AM appt and I'm hoping that my anatomy scan will be here before I know it!

10. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

So does anyone else have issue with their MIL acting like the pregnancy is also theirs? After we announced on Christmas, we were all at a family gathering and one of DH's aunts was congratulating me and talking about how exciting it is. My MIL wasn't a part of the conversation and came up and was like "Oh yes! We are so excited!" I was completely annoyed. She did this with my first as well - like would uninvited grab my belly and ask how her baby was doing. Ugh!

11. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Candy_nee: Well...my MIL didn't tell me why but she wanted us to bring a onesie to her house, so we all ended up taking a picture with it and the family and then was told it was for a New Year's card. I guess she sends New Year's cards out? I kind of wish she had said it was for a card before. It just feels like a lot of pressure if something bad happens. Anyway, I haven't even told all my friends yet and it's going to be on a card sent out to people. She said that we won't even need to be in the picture next year because it will just be her and the baby... My MIL really is nice and is super excited about her first grandchild, but it's kind of like ummmm...?

12. cait

apricot / 268 posts

Thanks guys! It's been a miserable day (all liquid diet) but I'm hoping it'll start to pass by tomorrow.

@Candy_nee: @simplyfelicity: Ohh, boy. Both those stories sound frustrating. My MIL got us some baby gear and mixed it in with our DD's gifts. She told us she didn't know if we'd told DD yet, so if we hadn't our announcment would have been hijacked!

13. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Doc appt at 3pm today and I'm super nervous! I'm still having nausea (off and on all day) and (tmi) diarrhea every morning. I'm just so scared that something happened to the baby since we last saw the heartbeat. I hate this feeling. But - I'm 9w5d today! Also, having the gender blood test today! Hopefully I won't pass out from all the blood they're going to take!

Hope everyone is doing well! Anyone have any plans for New Years?

14. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@simplyfelicity: oh my gosh that sounds way worse! I would be so mad!
    @cait: I can't believe she didn't ask you first if you had told your daughter before doing that. Wow.
    @ValentineMommy: good luck today! Can't wait to hear how everything goes!

15. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@ValentineMommy: oh no! That sounds so rough. Hopefully you get relief soon. Finding out the sex will be exciting! Wishing you a an easy appointment

16. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@ValentineMommy: good luck today! Everything is going to be great!

We are headed up to Big Bear today! Snow! Yay!!

17. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@ValentineMommy: Almost to the double digits! Best wishes at your ultrasound but I am sure everything is great.

18. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

Had a great NT scan today. All odds are less than 1 in 10,000 and baby was even measuring 5 days ahead. heshe looks great DH and I got a sitter for the appt and went out to lunch and shopping to celebrate afterwards.

19. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@Tidybee: hoooooray

AFM, fatigue and nausea have been kicking my butt the last few days after surviving the holidays!

20. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Thank you for the reassurance everyone!!

Heard the heartbeat and doc said I can come back to hear it again in two weeks (instead of 4) since I've been so nervous following the mc. He's the best!!!

We will find out the gender in about two weeks from the blood draw today!!!!

21. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@ValentineMommy: WONDERFUL NEWS! That is really awesome of your Dr to offer an additional appt in 2 weeks

22. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@ValentineMommy: yay!

23. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@Tidybee: awesome news! And how fun having a little date afterwards!

24. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@Tidybee: @ValentineMommy: awesome news ladies!!!

I have my regular every 4 weeks appointment. I'm nervous and hopeful that everything is still ok in there!

25. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Tidybee: So glad to hear about a great appt and good results!

@ValentineMommy: So glad everything is going well and that you get to go back in 2 weeks! I wish I had thought of that!

As for me, doing pretty well but had a day with more fatigue than usual. I would Blane the pregnancy but I think it is really LO's fault as she was up 3 times from 10-2 and DH didn't hear a thing! She is 3 so we haven't done this in a long time--made me nervous for the newborn days.

I got a gift card to loft for Christmas and am tempted by their after Christmas sale, but I was hoping not to buy any maternity stuff until after my 13 wk appt next Friday. I bought several maternity shirts at a thrift store the week I found about my miscarriage last time and felt like an idiot, so that is what I am trying to avoid, but I am also trying to think positive!

26. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Tidybee: @ValentineMommy: Awww...this is so great! Couldn't be happier for you two.

27. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Tidybee: Yay, that's great news!!! Did you buy anything fun??

@MamaCate: I've been having the same reservations. I bought a few things with my last pregnancy right before my mc. DH gave me a huge gift card to Destination Maternity for Christmas and I'm afraid to go shopping yet!

Thank you everyone for the love! It's so great to have a group rooting me on. The mc really amped up my anxiety this time around (which was already pretty high). Lol

28. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@Tidybee: I somehow missed this, Congrats on an awesome appt

29. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@ValentineMommy: @Tidybee: such good news!!!

Can you believe it's nye already?! This is the year the babes will be born!!!

Anyone started thinking about names? I'm obsessed with looking and analyzing lol

Also how much weight have you all gained? I only gained 19lbs with my first (of which I sadly did not completely lose) but I'm already up about 5lbs from nauseous cracker eating. I'm hoping it slows down!

30. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I gained well over 40 pounds with DS and lost 35 by the time he was 1. It took a loooong time. I'm almost 10w now and have gained about 5 pounds, depending on the day (and bloat). We have a girl name picked, but have NO idea for another boy.

31. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@fuzzypeaches: omg I am obsessed with names! I have middle names nailed down but have too many favorite first names. We named DS completely after my husbands dad so now I have complete naming control and it's a lot of pressure!!

32. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@fuzzypeaches: It's so exciting! Ready to leave 2014 behind! I don't know how much I gave gained and told my doctor to just let me know if they are happy or unhappy with it. I tend to get hung up on numbers so it's for the best.
    As far as names, we have a girl name totally set but are wavering on a boy's.
    Also, I think your insomnia is contagious ...I woke up at 4 and couldn't go back to bed until 6:30. Thank goodness for Christmas vacation!

33. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@ValentineMommy: i am glad i am not the only one, for better or worse! I decided to walk away from the website for the moment. My appointment is in 10 days and I know there will be more sales and time after that. I can still wear my regular clothes for the moment so it is not urgent. Plus, my brother is apparently sending me a gift card to an unnamed store for christmas but it hasn't come yet (?) so it might be good to wait to see what that is too! How's that for rationalizing?

34. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@Tidybee: @ValentineMommy: Congrats on the successful appointments!

@fuzzypeaches: It is starting to feel a lot more real now that it's nearly 2015! Only about six months til baby!

I was doing well with weight gain, only up about four pounds....but that was before I went home for Christmas. I was too scared to get on the scale this morning and figured I will wait a few weeks until I'm back in a healthy eating routine

@simplyfelicity: We are the same! In total agreement on a girl's name but we prefer different boy names. Are you going to find out the gender? I really want to but DH is dying to stay Team Green!

Anyone have a gut feeling on baby's gender? I am feeling more and more strongly that mine is a boy.

35. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Let's see I think I gained 25 with my first. I am up 3 lbs according to my scale since my positive test. I am planning to get back on the bandwagon of my fitness pal in the new year just to stay focused on being healthy during pregnancy.

I don't want to think about names yet, as DH and I are both stubborn and had the hardest time coming to an agreement last time. I guess getting the genetic testing results early mean we have more time, either to argue or to agree sooner? What are you thinking about?

36. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I am up about 2 lbs. and fluctuate depending on every few days of nausea and food intake or lack thereof!

I gained nearly 40 with ds, gained a lot it the first trimester, so that's a bit different this time around. I'm also a few lbs below what I was prebfp with DS, I'm hoping to be more active this pregnancy and hopefully stay closer to 30 lbs.

No names picked out, and I think baby2 is a boy because I have nearly the same symptoms as with DS and I don't know anything different! Can't believe it's 2015 tomorrow!

37. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

We found out Friday it's another boy! No names picked yet. I'm still at my start weight but I think that's due to the sickness that I've had from day one! So hoping the next few weeks get better. Due date is July 8th!
    I go to a cardio doc on Friday because I'm having heart palpitations I go Monday to a high risk OB because I'm 36 years old So hate being old! LOL I had such a normal healthy pregnancy the first time, so this is all new to me. Looking for some support! Which I know the bees will give! I've been on wedding bee and then hello bee since 2008ish.

38. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

July Mamas!
    July 1: simplyfelicity
    July 2: Mrs. Pickles, Reese
    July 4: dolphin
    July 7: qbbride, fuzzypeaches, little bitty house
    July 8: turkeylurkey
    July 10: travelgirl1
    July 11: Candy_nee, sweettooth, Mrsk
    July 13: tidybee, sugarbee
    July 14: Chocoholic, dreamer3311 (twins!), angelachase
    July 15: nicole112
    July 17: MamaCate, cvbee
    July 20: Bluemasonjar
    July 21: Sarac, Lala
    July 24: BlueWolverine
    July 25: Mrsvdv
    July 28: Spinny, MrsH
    July 29: mrsjyw
    July 30: Cait
    July 31: ValentineMommy, ginabean3, Colekbl

39. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@turkeylurkey: welcome and congrats on a boy! i am 35 but they haven't sent me for any special high risk stuff yet, other than the genetic testing. my doc seems pretty unconcerned since my last pregnancy was uneventful but we'll see. we can bond over being AMA!

40. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@simplyfelicity: I forgot to say that my dating ultrasound gave me a new due date of July 13.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee