Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Candy_nee: DS will have just turned 2 when baby comes. We have an UBV that we will probably keep and I will probably wear the baby a lot since I wore DS a lot when he was little (I still do)! I really like the city mini gt double though so I guess we will see how it goes! I don't think DS. would ever agree to get into the rumble seat, I can see him throwing a big fit over it.

I'm still thinking about a second crib. DS is a crap sleeper so I'm thinking about just putting a mattress on the floor for him, but the other side of me likes him contained.

@simplyfelicity: I just did mine today too! 6 vials of blood!

2. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@simplyfelicity: yeah I just had 12 vials of blood taken this morning....funnnnnn

3. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Tidybee: @QBbride: They tested me for every STD under the sun... I guess that's normal?
    Must have taken 8+ vials, I didn't look.

4. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@simplyfelicity: yeah they tested me for HIV, syphilis, then gonorrhea and chlamydia were done by a urine test. Totally normal. The thing that gets me is having to re-do by blood type. Like it hasn't changed in the last 2 years?!

5. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Anyone having weird cravings yet? Not really weird but I haven't craved sweets this pregnancy (I have the BIGGEST sweet tooth.) I really want to eat salsa and chips and cocktail peanuts. Like a whole can of peanuts.

6. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@QBbride: I have no idea what my blood type is.

7. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@simplyfelicity: I only know because I got it tested when I had my son!

I have my NIPT test tomorrow but won't find out until I do part 2 of the SIPS test (so after 15 weeks).

8. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@cait: Glad everything looked good! Bet you can wait for your ultrasound.

9. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@QBbride: same for me! a whole vial....just for my blood type that I know. And they retested me for carrier for CF which I had done with DD1 because I'm now in a different state than the previous test. So annoying! I have to get the HIV test later in the 2nd tri.

10. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@simplyfelicity: I could not eat enough peanuts earlier (like 5-6 weeks). I bought tins and tins of them at the grocery store, and now I think I have 2 left and am not even that interested anymore. No real cravings...which I definitely had with DD by now.

11. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@simplyfelicity: I craved alllll carbs and greasy foods with ds. This time I'm craving sweets which is very unlike me!

12. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@simplyfelicity: I want Chipolte soo bad!

13. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

14. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Reese: oh no! I probably wouldn't call my midwife. I'd just wait it out for a bit and see what happens. Definitely go to the hospital to get IV fluids if you're getting really dehydrated (and let your midwife know of course!) but I bet it will pass quickly. Good luck!!

15. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@QBbride: thank you for responding! I called telehealth and she said to walk in to my MW office or family Drs office tomorrow if it doesn't go away. Not an emergency at this point.

Luckily my MW office is in my building at work so I can stop in.

16. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Reese: great! Hope you feel better soon

17. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: I hope you feel better soon!

18. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

So the nausea this time around is totally throwing me for a loop! It started earlier, lasting longer (weeks wise) but I go from having great days to bad bad days! Puked at the movie theatre.... And the fatigue is def still around. Apparently the spurt of energy yesterday put my body into extra exhaustion mode oh the roller coaster!

19. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@mrsjyw: @Candy_nee: @QBbride: I don't knew what to do about the double stroller! I was just about to buy a brand new baby jogger city select with extra seat (craigslist! $600) but I'm just not sure. DS will likely be 20 months when baby2 is born. But he hates the stroller and I might wear baby2? Should I buy it? Such a good deal but totally wasted if I don't use it lol.

And the crib situation is the same. I just don't want to push the little guy out before he's ready!

@QBbride: I'm thinking about a floor bed too. Maybe the loft style one from ikea so it can grow with him a bit? But he's finally sleeping through the night so I'm scared to mess with a good thing!

20. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@mrsjyw: oh God me too. I'm 12 weeks and still puking daily, although it's now a big better in the morning.
    I can't wait until I don't feel like crap all the time:(

@simplyfelicity: Mmm salsa! I'm obsessed with Mexican! Just like last time

21. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Reese: how are you feeling today??

22. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@fuzzypeaches: for what it's with about the city select - I think it retails for $669, so the deal isn't so great you should feel bad about passing on it.
    I'm in the same boat about the crib as well. We've talked about putting DS in the full size bed we have in our guest room (that were turning into the nursery), but he just seems so little!

23. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Fwiw, my ds is 22 months old and we just converted his bed over (has one of those open rails on the side) to his big boy bed. He watched me change the side off his crib, and I told him he was a big boy now. It's been over a week and his sleep hasn't changed at all. He hasn't even tried to get up at night. I was shocked! We will wait a few months and buy him a real bed so we can move the crib to the nursery. Hopefully that transition goes just as smoothly!

TMI - has anyone else had diarrhea in the first trimester? I have had it every morning for almost a week and it's awful. Seems to be my version of morning sickness?? It's freaking me out though, because I had diarrhea with my mc. It's been an anxious week.

24. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Candy_nee: I know but they are giving the extra seat too included! Oh decisions! So then if be saving about $250. I don't know if a 20 month old will still agree to sit though:s but we walk a lot so if might be nice to have the option?!

@ValentineMommy: how long has he been sleeping through the night for?? Im so scared to transition lol! But I figure baby2 will be in bassinet in our room for awhile so I have time

Also, tots tmi but I have (and had the entire last preg) this as well. I kind of deal like it's better than the alternative lol!

25. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@fuzzypeaches: on Amazon they're $669 for both seats as well. Maybe use that as a bargaining chip! The good thing about it is that you can use it as a single as well. If we do get it, we will sell our nice single stroller and use the city select as a double or single.

26. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@fuzzypeaches: he's slept through the night since he was 5 weeks old, with the exception of wake ups when teething. He's a great sleeper, terrible eater. I was really scared the transition was going to throw him off and the ability to get up at night was going to give him too much freedom. I hope your transition goes smoothly!!!

I'm kind of glad to hear I'm not the only one with this potty problem. It was really freaking me out. And I totally agree - it's better than the alternative!

27. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@ValentineMommy: I'm so glad to hear the transition went well. DS has slept through the night since he was 7 weeks old and has always been a champion sleeper. But he won't sleep in our bed because that's where we hang out in the mornings while DH wakes up. So I'm afraid he will think that beds are a place to play and not sleep.

28. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Candy_nee: if it makes you feel better, my ds has never slept in my bed either, and I used to try so I could get an extra hour of sleep! Fx your ds does well with the transition!

29. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@fuzzypeaches: when are you going for your NIPT test? Mine is this AM at 10:30!

30. Chocoholic

cherry / 216 posts

@Candy_nee: @fuzzypeaches: @QBbride: @mrsjyw: I've bren debating the double stroller too! As of now DS prefers to be warn. He'll be 19 months when LO2 comes so I'm wondering if I'll be able to wear him on the back and baby on the front? Not sure if it's even possible
    We will have to get another crib for sure.
    Current debate is if they should share a room or not. Anyone having them share a room?

31. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@Candy_nee: our son won't sleep in our bed but he will sleep in my mom's hah... he's in a twin now and sleeps better than he ever did in a toddler bed or in his crib (he's 3)

I will just say having a good OB practice is worth it's weight in gold, I started spotting a bit last night.. called they got me in right this morning so I could hear heartbeat and totally reassured me that everything looked great. So thankful to have great healthcare providers!!

32. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

I have been craving a few things consistently! Citrus, peanut butter & jelly with a glass of milk, salads, and cheeseburgers. Lately what's been most noticeable for me is going from 0-100 on the hunger scale almost instantly--like, feeling fine and not that hungry, and then suddenly STARVING.

I also realized the one thing baby sometimes hates is when I brush my teeth in the morning......I have been gagging/dry heaving a few times a week while brushing my teeth. Weird!

Anybody else feel like their bumps are suddenly popping? I'm 11 weeks today and feel like my belly is much bigger yesterday and today. Even DH noticed when we were laying on the couch last night and he had his hand on my stomach.

33. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: so glad they we're able to get you in so soon. And even more glad that everything is a-ok with your little bean!!

34. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Chocoholic: yes you can definitely tandem wear! What kind of carrier do you have?

@Mrs. Pickles: glad everything is OK!!

35. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Chocoholic: ahh see my DS will be the same age I think... It's kind of tough bc they are still babies for just long enough that it's maybe kind of worth it? I'm not sharing the room though
    @Candy_nee: I can't believe this ! You're right! I'm in canada do everything is so much more expensive, but my parents live in the us and I could totally ship it there and bring it back if I needed it.
    @ValentineMommy: hahaha I'm so glad it went well for you! I'm scared!

@QBbride: I couldn't get in! It's so sad the only appointment they had was jan 5 whixh is the one day I couldn't go so excited for you to find out gender early though!!!

@Mrs. Pickles: so glad everything is ok!

36. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@angelachase: yessss brushing teeth is my nemesis. I switched to cinnamon toothpaste and weirdly it helped a lot. ( but it still is awful!)

37. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: Happy to hear all is well!
    @angelachase: Cute! Have you shared a bump pic yet?

38. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@fuzzypeaches: We were using some "mint zest" toothpaste that was like orangey-mint, and that made me gag a whole bunch, so I switched to just regular mint and this morning thought I might actually vomit I was heaving so hard. The weird thing is that it never bothers me at night, just in the morning!

@simplyfelicity: I did on the bump thread last week, but I want to take another one today! I don't know if I actually look bigger all of a sudden but my stomach feels really tight and my pants felt miserable today.

39. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@mrsjyw: so no more worrying about your lack of nausea!!!!

40. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@ValentineMommy: that's good to hear. We're transitioning my 26 month old right after the holidays. She's a great sleeper so I'm definitely scared to mess with it. But she's excited about her new big girl room. we completely renovated our guest bedroom to be her room since we knew baby 2 would hopefully come soon.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee