Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Thanks all for the good wishes! I definitely am feeling a bit better (mentally)!

@Reese: Yay! Beautiful babe!!

@MrsH: Oh no! I'm sorry to hear you are sick! I hope you get better soon!

@Tidybee: I am definitely feeling a sense of relief (at least, a little bit)! Dh cried like a baby at the heartbeat sound too, so HE's definitely feeling better!

@simplyfelicity: Ugh, I know the feeling. DH wanted to tell his mom today since we had the u/s, and I begged him not to. She is 1 of 12, so once she knows, the entire world will know, and I'm NOT ready for that at all. I'm sorry you're feeling exposed, but I'm sure everything is going to be fine this time!

2. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@FannyMae: Oh no, I'm so sorry to read this news. I'm here if you want to talk. Major love and hugs.

3. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@FannyMae: I'm so so sorry read this we are all here for you

4. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@FannyMae: I'm so sorry...after all of that hassle you had to deal with, I was hoping you would have good news. Sending hugs and healing thoughts your way. We will miss you.

5. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@FannyMae: I'm so sorry Hugs

6. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@ValentineMommy: So glad to hear that the SCH was nothing of note! Such a relief

@simplyfelicity: I know what you mean about the exposure. I'll be 11 weeks on Saturday and my mom wants permission to tell the extended family at a get together she's having on Friday. I know it's happy news, and I'm glad she's excited, but I wouldn't mind if she waited until the new year. I did tell her to keep it off of Facebook. I totally get what you're saying though.

@angelachase: yay for heartbeats! It's like we're all getting early Christmas presents this week.

@QBbride: I want to go back to Hawaii too! We haven't been since we lived on the west coast. I feel like when you arrive in Hawaii you immediately feel relaxed. I'll be interested to hear how it goes with your little one. I'd love to take our son, but I think it will probably be after this next baby is born. Hmmm, maybe I can get the grandparents to watch the kids and we can just go

@mrsjyw: Frequent tiny meals, that's the only way I can feel normal! I'm glad you have the reassurance, but it totally sucks, doesn't it?

@Reese: So glad you had a great appointment! Yay for an active little bean in there

@fuzzypeaches: I'm with you on wanting to know as much as we can before we have 2 under 2!

@MrsH: I'm sick too, and it is rough! Are you able to take anything? I'm debating looking at the safe meds list soon to figure out what might help. Hope you feel better soon!

7. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@FannyMae: I'm so sorry, what terrible news I hope your recovery is OK. Be gentle with yourself. Thinking of you

8. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@FannyMae: sorry

@sweetooth: I have bronchitis so I have a myriad of prescriptions at this point. I opted for an inhaler because the steroids the urgent care dr wanted me to take was class D, which I was not comfortable with. Hope you feel better as well.

9. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@FannyMae: so sorry to hear this! My last pregnancy ended in a m/c and I had a D&C so feel free to wall me if you want to talk more about what to expect. Hugs!!

@simplyfelicity: yay for being 12 weeks! I think at a certain point you have to rely on faith and see what happens but it is hard to have it be out of control!

As for me, feeling good, back to working out this week and other than lots of carb snacks, feeling the same. I will be 10 weeks tomorrow and we are going to see in laws so I am hoping to stay incognito! I think I will be able to pull it off but I am looking forward to passing the next appt and sharing the news--I am trying to think positive!

10. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

I just had my first ultrasound this morning! Everything is measuring right on track and the hb is 169. Gummy bear didn't move around much but the tech got everything pretty quickly. We got some great pics that will be used for our announcement to family over Christmas. Feeling better but not ready for the whole world to know yet. Next appointment is 1/14!

11. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Bluemasonjar: Yay Congrats!

12. Chocoholic

cherry / 216 posts

@FannyMae: I am so sorry. Thoughts & hugs

13. Chocoholic

cherry / 216 posts

EDD: 7/14

Child # (include current child/childrens age and sex): #2! DS is 11.5 months

Tell us a fun fact about yourself: DH and I started dating when I was 15. We were together a few years then broke up when I was in college. We always stayed in touch but got back together in 2009.

How old are you?: 29

Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? Finding out!

What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?: girl! (Said boy last time and was right!)

What is your gut feeling on the sex?: boy.. Feel so similar to how I did during my pregnancy with DS.

When approximately will you find out?: mid January, blood test is at next apt.

When's your next appointment?: 12/31 (DSs 1st BDay!)

14. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@FannyMae: I am so very sorry for everything you are going through. I had a D&C back in August after a loss, so please feel free to ask me anything. Mine was absolutely complication free. Once again, I am sorry. My heart is heavy for you right now.

15. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@sarac: Just added you.

July Mamas!  
    July 1: simplyfelicity
    July 2: Mrs. Pickles, Reese
    July 4: dolphin
    July 7: qbbride, fuzzypeaches, little bitty house
    July 10: travelgirl1
    July 11: Candy_nee, sweettooth, Mrsk
    July 13: tidybee, sugarbee
    July 14: Chocoholic, dreamer3311 (twins!), angelachase
    July 15: nicole112
    July 17: MamaCate, cvbee
    July 20: Bluemasonjar
    July 21: Sarac
    July 24: BlueWolverine
    July 25: Mrsvdv
    July 28: Spinny, MrsH
    July 29: mrsjyw
    July 30: Cait
    July 31: ValentineMommy

16. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@simplyfelicity: can you change me to July 2nd - it's offical thought my dating ultrasound and 12 week US

I totally understand the vulnerable/exposed feeling

17. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: Gotcha! I cannot believe how much you baby looks like a, well, baby! It sucks having to wait until Jan 7th for our next with the holidays but it will look so much like a baby at 15 weeks.
    As far as the exposed feeling, I am trying to remind myself it is a happy thing.

18. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@FannyMae: I am so so sorry. Thinking of you and sending you lots of love and light.

@Bluemasonjar: so glad everything went well at your appointment

19. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@Chocoholic: I also think this is a girl because my pregnancy has been identical to my first one!
    @FannyMae: I've had 2 D&Cs and they are much more emotionally difficult than physically. After both I felt like my normal self within 24 hours. It will hopefully help with the pregnancy symptoms as well.
    @Bluemasonjar: Congrats on a great appt!

20. Mrsk

apricot / 287 posts

@FannyMae: I'm so so sorry, I know the pain well of getting that news, and I'm so sorry you're going through this. I've also had a d&c which went smoothly and had a pretty quick recovery, let me know if you have any questions.

21. Mrsk

apricot / 287 posts

EDD:
    Child # (include current child/childrens age and sex): 1!
    Tell us a fun fact about yourself:
    Dh and I have been saving and saving and are planning to redo our kitchen in May! It better be done before this baby comes!
    How old are you?: 29 almost 30
    Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? Team green! I'm surprised to see how many people are finding out! I love to plan and am looking forward to planning team green! Dh and I just love surprises!
    What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?: girl
    What is your gut feeling on the sex?: my skin is so clear...I'm thinking boy they are so common on DHs side
    When approximately will you find out?:
    When's your next appointment?: I have an ultra sound on the 23rd and midwives on jan6

We went to our first midwives appointment this week, she is great! I'm so excited! There was a very long list of people wanting midwifery for July and she said they chose us because I put my name in in twice before but had miscarriages, she said it seemed like I really wanted midwifery care, which I do! It's nice to think that maybe something positive has resulted from those miscarriages, as at times it's hard to find a silver lining.

22. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

I got so sick of my jeans today that I went to Target during my lunch and bought some full panel jeggings (is that what they are called?) It's kind of weird having something on my tummy but they are so much better!

23. Lala

apple seed / 4 posts

Hi July mamas! Sorry to join so late, but I have been super nervous. I didn't want to join until I saw that everything looked okay at our ultrasound (which it did!) because of anxiety due to a previous loss. I am so excited to join the group though!

EDD: 7/21

Child # (include current child/childrens age and sex): #2, 21 month old boy

Tell us a fun fact about yourself: We are planning to move across the country in the middle to end of June to go back home near our families. Hopefully, this pregnancy will go smoothly and won't throw a wrench in that plan!

How old are you?: 31

Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? Defintely finding out.

What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?: Boy (Said girl last time and was wrong)

What is your gut feeling on the sex?: Girl

When approximately will you find out?: Around 20 weeks

When's your next appointment?: 1/26

24. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Lala: Yay! Welcome! There are several of us who unfortunately have had losses in the past so you are in good company. So glad that your first appointment went well and you are brave to plan a move in the summer. How are you feeling?

25. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@simplyfelicity: I was a big fan of full panel last time around. I told DH that I wanted to put maternity skinny jeans on my Xmas wish list but that would not be keeping the secret, so I settled on asking for gift cards.

26. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

July Mamas!   
    July 1: simplyfelicity
    July 2: Mrs. Pickles, Reese
    July 4: dolphin
    July 7: qbbride, fuzzypeaches, little bitty house
    July 10: travelgirl1
    July 11: Candy_nee, sweettooth, Mrsk
    July 13: tidybee, sugarbee
    July 14: Chocoholic, dreamer3311 (twins!), angelachase
    July 15: nicole112
    July 17: MamaCate, cvbee
    July 20: Bluemasonjar
    July 21: Sarac, Lala
    July 24: BlueWolverine
    July 25: Mrsvdv
    July 28: Spinny, MrsH
    July 29: mrsjyw
    July 30: Cait
    July 31: ValentineMommy

27. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Lala: Welcome and congratulations! Like @MamaCate: said, most of us on here have unfortunately experienced a loss, so you really are in good company. Wishing you a very uneventful and blissful pregnancy.

28. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@simplyfelicity: I fold over my full panel pants. It helps keep them up and makes them feel a bit more normal.

29. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@simplyfelicity: I looove full panel mat jeans! I find they're super comfy and sort of hold everything in. I never liked the under belly pants.

30. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@FannyMae: I'm so very sorry. Lots of love to you over the coming days and weeks xxx

31. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Lala: Welcome!

32. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

Cramping and having round ligament pain or at least what I think it is... Isn't it too early for rlp? I'm only 8w2d!

33. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@mrsjyw: normal With my last two pregnancies I had round ligament pain at five weeks, super early.

34. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

Has anyone talked to their insurance about the blood test for genetic screening? I am getting mine done next week and just got off the phone with my insurance. They basically said they cover it under certain conditions and emailed me the conditions. They told me to talk to my doc about whether I meet them. It seems pretty clear to me that it is covered (advanced maternal age) but I am hoping to avoid getting a big bill in the mail. Any experience?

35. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

Also, I know we were talking earlier this week about the different tests and the referral person at the OB called mine "NIPT" which appears to be this:
    http://www.nchpeg.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=384&Itemid=255

36. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@FannyMae: sending you lots of love and light

37. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@Reese: due date twins

I'll play- fun after having the stomach flu while on vacation!

EDD: 7/2

Child # (include current child/childrens age and sex): #2, 3 year old boy

Tell us a fun fact about yourself: I'm a certified book nerd

How old are you?: 27

Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? I wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't find out

What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?: by due date, girl, by conception date, boy so you never know

What is your gut feeling on the sex?: boy but I didn't really know with my son until a week before our u/s

When approximately will you find out?: Feb 13 (yes I'm a planner)

When's your next appointment?: 1/5

38. Chocoholic

cherry / 216 posts

@MamaCate: I had asked my midwife if the test would be covered by insurance and she said the receptionist would let me know if it wasn't. I'm thinking I should probably call the insurace company myself to make sure.
    Are they taking a mouth swab from your DH?

39. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@Lala: Welcome!!!

40. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Chocoholic: they haven't said anything about a mouth swab? I am thinking i might call back next week and say that it is clear i meet criteria and ask about co pays? Maybe that will get me some more clear info.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee