Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@Reese: Hooooray!! Great news!

2. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@FannyMae: Oh my gosh, I hope you can get some answers soon.

3. mrsjyw

@FannyMae: h ow frustrating!!! I hope you get clear answers soon!!

4. mrsjyw

@travelgirl1: how are you doing? And seriously what is with my waves of nausea!!!! Good days freak me out!

5. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

I was at my desk during lunch with 5 minutes to spare before the bell rang (teacher here) when I threw up at my desk and had to run down the hall to spit it out. Then I threw up again and the toilet bowl water splashed me all over my face and hair (ewwwww!) I had to wash part of my hair and scrub my face in the sink and begin class with smeared mascara etc. Ugh...

6. mrsjyw

@simplyfelicity: ugh I'm so sorry!! I yakked my breakfast (in the bathroom thankfully) but ran into a coworker as I was heading to sink to wipe my mouth today. Ugh

7. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Reese: So thrilled to see this update! Yay for heartbeat and kicks! Now you can relax and enjoy the u/s tomorrow!

@simplyfelicity: oh poor you! It must be so awful to be sick at work! Hope you are almost through the worst of it!

@mrsjyw: you too!

8. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

Belatedly playing along!

EDD: 7/17/15

Child # (include current child/childrens age and sex): 2, DD just turned 3!

Tell us a fun fact about yourself: hmmm, I have lived abroad twice for long periods, once in South Africa and once in Peru. We hope to travel with our LOs when they are older!

How old are you?: 35 (old!)

Are you finding out the sex or Team Green?
    Finding out! Tempted by team green but I am too much of a planner

What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?: girl
    What is your gut feeling on the sex?: girl but sometimes I think girl. DH for some reason is convinced we will have all one gender.

When approximately will you find out?: mid January with blood test results

When's your next appointment?: 12/26 for prenatal screening blood draw at hospital, 1/9 next at OB

9. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@FannyMae: Oh gosh, how frustrating! I really hope this ordeal is over soon and you have an uneventful and boring pregnancy!

10. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@simplyfelicity: Eep! that sounds rough! Hopefully it eases up soon!

11. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

Playing along!

EDD: 7/2/14

Child #1

Tell us a fun fact about yourself: Before TTC we took a Euro trip and went to England, France, Italy, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium and Germany! We took it as our last hurrah and ended up getting pregnant when we returned!

How old are you?: 29

Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? Finding out! I might even do an early elective haha

What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?: Girl

What is your gut feeling on the sex?: Boy

When approximately will you find out?: 20 weeks? it seems like FOREVER away.

When's your next appointment?: Tomorrow for 12 ultrasound.

12. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@mrsjyw: you know my nausea has been almost nonexistent. We heard a perfect heartbeat today at 10 weeks 1 day. She said miscarriage rate is now down below 5%. Have faith!
    @Reese: Awesome! I bet you are now so psyched for tomorrow! Enjoy!

13. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@FannyMae: big hugs!

14. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@simplyfelicity: Oh no! That sounds awful, I'm sorry it's still so hard for you!

@mrsjyw: Grab onto those milder nausea days with both hands, they are gold! I know it's super easy to worry though, pregnancy nerves are no joke.

15. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Tidybee: so glad your appointment went well and you saw the heartbeat yesterday! it made it feel so much more real for me, although i will still be nervous until 12 weeks.

16. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Reese: Yay! Great update!

@Tidybee: Yay for the heartbeat! That's great!!

@simplyfelicity: Oh man, that sounds awful! I hope you start feeling better soon!!!

I have my appt with maternal fetal medicine in a few hours and I'm getting really nervous. I hope they can ease my giant fears about the SCH. I'm really scared!

17. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Reese: Aw that's so great you heard the heartbeat!!!

I'm way behind on this thread but will try and catch up soon

18. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@FannyMae: ugh how frustrating and stressful! I hope it's sorted out soon. I also remember reading that betas stop doubling at the same rate after a certain time. Hoping everything is OK and that you get some good news soon!

@mrsjyw: I was going to reassure you on not having much nausea but then i read you barfed! Haha! Anyways with my first I never even had a single episode of nausea, never even felt off. This time I've been super sick and on diclectin! So you never know.

We told our families out news this weekend, they were super excited! Now it's time to tell friends and work. It will be so nice to be "out"! I'm definitely showing, and not just a little bit seems as if my body definitely remembers from last time! I'll have to take a pic for the bump board!

19. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

Playing along too!

EDD: July 7, 2015

Child #2. DS is 18 months so they'll be just over 2 years apart!

Tell us a fun fact about yourself: DH and I love travelling. We lived in Sydney, Australia for a year and then spent 6 months travelling (including living in a camper van for 3 months... where we didn't kill each other!). Hmm but something about just me, I'm a NICU nurse.

How old are you?: 31

Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? Definitely finding out! I wish we could wait but I would drive myself crazy not knowing!

What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?: Girl

What is your gut feeling on the sex?: Girl (I was certain DS was a boy so we'll see!)

When approximately will you find out?: mid-January I think (doing the Panorama test as part of a study). I won't find out the results for a bit since I'm part of a study!

When's your next appointment?: Dec 23 for the bloodwork then my next midwife appt is January 7. Cannot wait to hear the heartbeat!!

20. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@QBbride: Oooh another travelling bee here! Don't get to do too much of it these days though.

21. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@travelgirl1: haha us neither! We did go to the UK and Paris for a wedding when out LO was 2.5 months old and we've also been to Hawaii with him but nothing like before. We did a last hurrah trip for our honeymoon (a month in Turkey - amazing!) where we got pregnant with our son.

22. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@QBbride: I bet Hawaii was amazing! Since DD was born, we've only done trips with her. The UK twice, Spain and Quebec City. Flights are not so fun with a toddler

23. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

EDD: July 10, 2015
    Child #2. DD is 25 months
    Tell us a fun fact about yourself: DH and I moved to Canada five years ago just for fun. We quit our jobs in England and hopped on a plane with two bags each to see where adventure would take us.
    How old are you?: 34
    Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? Definitely finding out! We have such different tastes in names, we need to at least be able to narrow it down by gender.
    What is your gut feeling on the sex?: Girl. Boys are a 1/10 occurrence in my family.
    When approximately will you find out?: I think March time, the 20 week scan anyway.

24. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

I had my follow up appointment with my midwife today--we heard baby's heartbeat on the Doppler! Yay!

25. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@travelgirl1: we loved Hawaii! We're actually going back in Feb. The flight will be much less fun now that DS will be 20 months old and I'll be 20 weeks pregnant!!

26. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@angelachase: yay!!!

Appt went really well at MFM. Heard and saw the heartbeat at 155 now, and they said they wouldn't have even noted the hemorrhage had I not mentioned it. When we brought it up to the doctor, he said it was "nothing of note" aka not to worry about it! Yay!

27. mrsjyw

And of course since I worried yesterday, today I can barely eat or function due to nausea. I'm happy for it, but boy does it feel like crap!

28. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@ValentineMommy: So happy to hear you had a great appointment.

29. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@angelachase: Oh yay!!! What great news.

30. mrsjyw

@angelachase: @ValentineMommy: wooooot for great appointments!!

31. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@angelachase: @ValentineMommy: yay for good news at appointments! So thrilled for both of you!

32. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

Well we saw our very active little bean today!! The technician was having a hard time getting the measurements because the bean kept jumping and spinning around! It was so amazing and beautiful to see. I was a little concerned when she called another technician in but it was because she said she was struggling getting good measurements of the head because of the movement and my bladder was way too full (oops!) she took her time and we were able to watch and see the baby for a while. HB was 165

33. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: Beautiful!!! So many happy appointments today!

34. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@ValentineMommy: Yay! Great news!@angelachase: HBs!!

35. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

Ahhh so many great appointments and beautiful babies I'm the worst and updating on here, it's so hard to so it from my phone and I am lazy, but I read all the time! This is such a great supportive community!

EDD: July 7, 2015

Child #2. DS is 14 months!

Tell us a fun fact about yourself: Between DH and I we have lived in over 25 cities!! Insane! I hope to stay here in BC for awhile though now

How old are you?: 30

Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? Definitely finding out! I'm so terrified of this whole 2 under 2 thing that I need to have as much info as possible lol

What is your gut feeling on the sex?: Girl!!

When approximately will you find out?: at my anatomy scan (feb maybe? March?)

36. mrsjyw

@Reese: Woot! Beautiful bean! Yay for great appointment!

37. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

Ugh, I havent been able to keep up with you guys, have been really sick and the coughing just isn't helping the vomiting

EDD: 7/27
    Child # (include current child/childrens age and sex):2, DD is ten months
    Tell us a fun fact about yourself: DH and I agreed on DDs name before we were pregnant. With this pregnancy I told him we could use our boy name if it is a boy but if it is a girl I get to pick
    How old are you?: 33
    Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? Finding out! I'm too much of a planner.
    What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?: girl
    What is your gut feeling on the sex?: I don't have one yet
    When approximately will you find out?: probably 20 weeks
    When's your next appointment?: dec. 30 is our first appt.

38. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@angelachase: great news. Such a beautiful sound, huh?@ValentineMommy: sounds like you can certainly breathe a lot easier tonight! are you feeling more confident about this now?
    @mrsjyw: as DH and I joke..."I feel like crap....hooooray." Glad you have the reminder and the reassurance.
    @Reese: soooo adorable. DD was so stubborn during our NT scan that the tech had to call a nurse in too. I was so pleased that I got extra "face time" with my girl I'm so looking forward to mine on 12/30!
    Am I the only Team Greener

39. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Even though it kind of freaks me out, we gave my MIL the "go ahead" to tell her siblings since I am 12 weeks today. She could hardly wait (first grandchild on this side.) Ummmm...just found out she emailed all the family (cousins etc) with the news. She mentioned something about leaving it off facebook. I wanted to wait until my next ultrasound but since we can't get it until 15 weeks, DH knew she couldn't wait that long. I don't know why but it's like this exposed feeling...not really fond of it. I know the odds are in our favor but it feels like pressure.

40. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

Unfortunately it looks like I'll be leaving you ladies, my OB called me a few hours ago with my 3rd hcg results. They had levelled off at the 2nd test, and have significantly dropped now with the 3rd haven't had any bleeding yet, but have been cramping for days now. I'll be waiting for a call tomorrow morning to go in and see him for an examination. Looks like i'll probably be booked in for a curette tomorrow at some point. ughhhhhhhh. no idea what to expect at all.

thank you all for your warm welcome and support through all of this xox

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee