Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@FannyMae: They have to know you are worried!

2. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@simplyfelicity: oh yeah, I made it clear to her that I'm feeling really anxious about the results, but I doubt that means much! They still need to tell me when my next appointment is to check on growth, don't know if my due date will be pushed back or not.

3. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@FannyMae: Hoping you hear back soon!

4. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@simplyfelicity: how old are the kids you teach? i am pretty private too and pregnancy is so awkward for that kind of thing since it is the one time that people seem to think they have a free pass to comment on your body.

@FannyMae: sounds so frustrating! i have no idea about numbers at that time but i am so hoping you get some clarity asap!

5. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MamaCate: I teach middle school...which I love but it's not so great with stuff like this.

Edit: I attached a pic but I looked so horrible, I had to take it down...plus my bathroom is a wreck.

6. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

7. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@mrsjyw: yaaay! So happy to be sharing another baby journey with you!

8. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@FannyMae: I hope you hear back soon

9. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@MamaCate: awwwww cute ultrasound!

10. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@FannyMae: How frustrating! I hope you hear from them today. I would call every other hour // That situation at the Lindt cafe was scary. I hope everyone you know and love is safe.

@mrsjyw: Congratulations and welcome to the July mama group! I had my NT scan for baby #1 around 13 weeks.

- - - - -
    I have my first OB appointment today! I hope I get to hear the heartbeat, but I feel like it will just be a boring appointment. I'm kind of hoping for boring though. I just want a normal, boring pregnancy

11. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@FannyMae: Ugh - I'm so sorry about your doctor. They need to get on the ball and call you back! I wouldn't worry too much about the hcg level....it takes way longer than 48 hours with numbers that high.

@sweetooth: Good luck in your appt!!!!

12. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@sweetooth: good luck at your appt!

What are you all doing about the flu shot this year? I got one my last pregnancy bc they did them at my office. This year I'll have to go get one at a Walgreens or something and I'm just too lazy/busy. Plus, I read it's only half as effective this year. My OB said I can get one but I'm wondering if it's too late in the season?

13. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Candy_nee: @ValentineMommy: Thanks you guys! I'm leaving shortly and I'm a little nervous.

@Candy_nee: I'm going to ask my OB about the flu shot. I have been lazy too. Making excuses as to why I haven't gone and gotten one. I wonder if it's too late too. But my husband reminds me that it's never too late, and even isn't it better to know that you and the baby would be protected? Sometimes when I've gotten the shot in the past I feel like it's made me sick and right now, with morning sickness, I just don't want more sick on top of that! (see? excuses, excuses...)

14. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Candy_nee: My OB recommended I get one, and I still haven't. I can't even comprehend making my immune system fight something else off right now. I already feel so sick!

15. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@sweetooth: thank you and good luck with your appt, I hope it's a 'boring' one

@Candy_nee: I'm eventually going to get one. I don't have a current PCP, so going to a Walgreen's or something myself too.

16. mrsjyw

Saw this on another due month thread and thought it might be fun to do since we've got a full month of mamas/babies!

EDD:

Child # (include current child/childrens age and sex):

Tell us a fun fact about yourself:

How old are you?:

Are you finding out the sex or Team Green?

What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?:

What is your gut feeling on the sex?:

When approximately will you find out?:

When's your next appointment?:

17. mrsjyw

EDD: 7/29/15

Child # (include current child/childrens age and sex): 2, DS is almost 25 months!

Tell us a fun fact about yourself: I'm double jointed! And I don't have a middle name!

How old are you?: 31

Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? Most likely finding out

What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?: boy!

What is your gut feeling on the sex?: boy!

When approximately will you find out?: Mid March!

When's your next appointment?: 1/9 - OB (11 weeks), 1/13 - NT Scan (12 weeks)

18. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

Hey all. I have been quiet lately because I'm super anxious about my 12 week ultrasound tomorrow morning. I will update after that.

Wishing everyone less morning sickness and an uneventful day!

19. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

EDD: 7/31/15

Child # (include current child/childrens age and sex): 2, DS is 22 months.

Tell us a fun fact about yourself: I play a lot of instruments and am really into crafting and art.

How old are you?: 33, almost 34

Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? Finding out with the blood test on Dec 30th

What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?: It says boy, but it said girl when I had DS, soooo....yea. lol

What is your gut feeling on the sex?: No gut feeling. I didn't have one with DS either - what's wrong with me??

When approximately will you find out?: January. I think the doc said the test takes 2 weeks to come back.

When's your next appointment?: 12/17 MFM appt, and 12/30 for OB

20. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Reese: good luck!

21. mrsjyw

@Reese: good luck!!
    @ValentineMommy: BC also said girl for DS for me too I don't really have an inkling aside from the fact that I have similar symptoms to DS!

22. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

How fun! I love these things!

EDD: 7/11/2015
    Child # (include current child/childrens age and sex): 2, DS will be 21 mo next week
    Tell us a fun fact about yourself: I'm the second of 4 kids but only want 2 myself
    Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? Definitely finding out, even though DH would prefer to be Team Green
    What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?: Girl! But, it also said that for DS, soooo...
    What is your gut feeling on the sex?: I don't have one. I knew DS would be a boy, but so far Im not leaning either way.
    When approximately will you find out?: Mid February
    When's your next appointment?: 12/31 for my regular OB appt.

@Reese: thinking of you for your appt tomorrow!!!

23. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@sweetooth: good luck at your appointment! Hope everything goes smoothly!

@Reese: good luck managing the nerves and sending good wishes for a great appointment tomorrow!

24. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

EDD: 7/13/15
    Child # (include current child/childrens age and sex): 2, DD is almost 26 months!
    Tell us a fun fact about yourself: my dog and DH's dog growing up (we met long after they died) were sisters!
    Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? Team Green!
    What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?: girl
    What is your gut feeling on the sex?: girl
    When approximately will you find out?: As soon as he/she slides out!
    When's your next appointment?: 12/30 NT scan

25. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@mrsjyw: @MamaCate: Thank you guys!

I had a great appointment. I forget how DELAYED my OB office can be sometimes. But I was pretty patient and just trying to think happy thoughts. It was a pretty boring appointment except for the highlight of hearing the heartbeat!!! Cue tears in my eyes! Ah, best sound ever...

Now I have my NT scan set up for 1/2. My next OB appointment later in January. And another ultrasound in February because I'm old Ha! I'm kidding. But the little slip of paper instructing me to make the appointment for 18 weeks says AMA/IUI.

I also got 5 vials of blood drawn for genetic testing and to find out the sex of the baby. Bleh. So much blood. I'm not sure when the results come in, but I'm pretty excited to find out.

26. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

Oh! And my OB said "Get the flu shot!!!" So, I'm making time for it soon. I promise. Maybe after Christmas. Still making excuses and putting it off. @ValentineMommy: I'm with you on my immune system not being able to handle anything else right now.

27. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

EDD: 07.11.15

Child #: This will be child number 2. Our son is now 13 months old. 2 under 2!!! Crazy!

Tell us a fun fact about yourself: I collect bug parts. Volkswagen bug car parts

How old are you?: 36

Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? We are finding out. At first I wanted to be team green. But I like being able to talk to a he or she throughout the pregnancy and I'm a planner.

What does this gender chart predict for you: The chart predicts a girl! (I secretly hope it's right

What is your gut feeling on the sex?: I feel like we will have another boy.

When approximately will you find out?: Whenever these blood test results come in. But I feel like we need the ultrasound for extra proof...not that those are always accurate...

When's your next appointment?: Next appointment, 1/2/15 first trimester screening

28. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Reese: Good luck tomorrow! It's going to be great!

29. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: I know it's so hard not to worry, but the odds are SO in your favor. Wishing you a peaceful and happy appointment.

30. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

EDD: July 1, 2015

Child # (include current child/childrens age and sex): 1

Tell us a fun fact about yourself: Not sure if this is "fun," but my husband and I have only been married for a little over a year. We were supposed to get married April 2014 (had it all booked) and decided to get married on the beach where he proposed on November 9th, 2013 (8 weeks after we got engaged.) We just had our immediate families and our photographer there and went to a nice dinner party after.

How old are you?: 30

Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? Finding out for sure!

What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?: Boy!

What is your gut feeling on the sex?: I keep thinking it's a girl, but that might be more to do with the fact that is seems like everyone in my life is having a girl.

When approximately will you find out?: Hopefully, at our 15 week ultrasound on January 7th.

When's your next appointment?: January 7th

31. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Y'all might think I am crazy but I am going to make a bump/blump board for us. I know I am not the only one with some serious stuff going on!

http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/july-2015-bumps?replies=1#post-1987065

32. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@Reese: I'm going in for an appointment tomorrow too, to try to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler since we couldn't hear it at 8 weeks, or do an ultrasound otherwise. I know how you feel. I am also very very apprehensive and so hoping everything is going to be okay. I'll be thinking of you!

33. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

OB's office finally got back to me a few minutes ago, to be told that I need to go and repeat the second blood test. Apparently the results "are not clear" so it needs to be repeated (I haven't told them that I have a copy of the results here though). I'm guessing the hcg on the second test was not high enough to warrant the resuts as being normal or ok. so incredibly frustrated with this right now feeling sick as a dog at the same time.

34. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@FannyMae: All that waiting to hear that!? I would be fuming. I'm so sorry!

35. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@FannyMae: Big hugs, that must be so frustrating!

36. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

I totally am.. she asked me to go in to the office to pick up the referral for blood test, I asked her to email it to me. I'm not in the best state to be organizing a 2 year old to come with me to the office and then blood test.

37. cait

apricot / 268 posts

EDD: 7/30/15

Child # (include current child/childrens age and sex): 2. DD is 3

Tell us a fun fact about yourself: DH and I are renting now but hoping to buy our own home and start a small family farm soon-ish!

How old are you?: 25

Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? Finding out!

What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?: Boy!

What is your gut feeling on the sex?: Boy

When approximately will you find out?: Probably around 20 wks

When's your next appointment?: 12/22

38. mrsjyw

@Tidybee: thanks friend! Happy to be here. Can you please talk me off the ledge and tell me that Baby bean is okay? I keep worrying about the nausea that has been much milder this time around!

39. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@ValentineMommy: @MamaCate: @mrsjyw: @sweetooth: @simplyfelicity: @angelachase: Thanks!! You are all the best! I had a brief midwife appointment - they basically just squeezed me in so they could print off different requisition forms for my appt tomorrow (12 week ultrasound- so they go to her office and not my fam Dr) anyway, I told her how I was nervous about tomorrow and how my symptoms were pretty mild at this point and she said "well we can try and have a quick listen"- ANYWAY! She found the heartbeat as soon as she put the doppler down and said "well, your baby isn't too shy!" And I even heard the little bean kicking! I'm feeling so relaxed and much more excited about tomorrow. Even more excited to start telling people!

40. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: Awww...that's so great!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee