Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@MamaCate: I'm doing the NIPT test. It isn't offered here except if you do it privately ($795!) but I signed up to be part of a study so it's covered

2. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

Hi Everyone,

I'm joining in!

EDD: 7/31/15

How far along: 8 weeks today!

First child? No, I have an almost 22 month daughter

First doctor appointment: I just went yesterday! I was super nervous because I just went through an early m/c at about 8/9 wks back in September. This appointment went great though, the OB found the bean right away, we saw AND heard the heartbeat.....very reassuring! The OB couldn't get a perfect measurement, the bean was wiggly and there was a shadow that kept moving over it so he actually thinks I might even be a little bit further along. I go back in 2.5 weeks for another ultrasound.

Any symptoms so far? Fatigue and nausea. I haven't actually vomited yet, but I feel like I'm going too and strangely the late afternoon/night time is worse for me vs. the morning. And I feel like I have hypersensitive smell. Yuck.

Who have you told? DH, LO, and one of my best friends (who is also currently pregnant!) We hope to tell our combined families next week on Christmas Eve! It's still early but being able to tell both of our families in person is good too to resist. We won't tell anyone else until 12 weeks.

Overall I'm super excited/anxious. LO #1 came unexpectedly at 30w5d so I'm really hoping #2 will go longer than that. (I am seeing a high risk doctor this time around).

So happy to join the rest of you July ladies!

Best of to everyone for a healthy pregnancy!

3. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@Ginabean3: @Lala: welcome!! There are many of us who are here after loss, you are in good company and support!

4. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

July Mamas!      
    July 1: simplyfelicity
    July 2: Mrs. Pickles, Reese
    July 4: dolphin
    July 7: qbbride, fuzzypeaches, little bitty house
    July 10: travelgirl1
    July 11: Candy_nee, sweettooth, Mrsk
    July 13: tidybee, sugarbee
    July 14: Chocoholic, dreamer3311 (twins!), angelachase
    July 15: nicole112
    July 17: MamaCate, cvbee
    July 20: Bluemasonjar
    July 21: Sarac, Lala
    July 24: BlueWolverine
    July 25: Mrsvdv
    July 28: Spinny, MrsH
    July 29: mrsjyw
    July 30: Cait
    July 31: ValentineMommy, ginabean3

5. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Ginabean3: So glad you joined us!

6. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@mrsjyw: Thank you!!

7. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@simplyfelicity: Me too! I've wanted to be able to join a board for a long time now....it's my holiday wishes coming true!

8. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Ginabean3: yay congrats !! We are due the se day, and I also have a 22 month old (son though)!!! I also had a loss recently, so we are in this together. Congrats again!!

9. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Ginabean3: forgot to mention - my major nausea starts at 4pm every day!!! It's AWFUL!! With my son it was just morning nausea then went away. This is off and on a little bit all day, then full on awfulness at 4. I threw up for the first time yesterday

10. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@ValentineMommy: oh my goodness! hang in there, hopefully it will pass soon! Are you taking any medication for it?

The worst part about having nausea late in the day like that is I can barely cook dinner for DH and LO and I definitely don't feel like eating dinner at all!

Big congrats to you too! Do you think that since your nausea is different from last time you might be having a girl?

11. Colekbl

grape / 84 posts

I've been lurking but decided to finally join in the fun!

EDD: 7-31
    Child # (include current child/childrens age and sex): #2 Our son is almost 2.5!
    Tell us a fun fact about yourself: I went to 42 & 2 with our son, hoping to go earlier than that this time
    How old are you?: 29
    Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? Team Green for the second time!
    What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?: Boy by DD, girl by Conception
    What is your gut feeling on the sex?: Boy, I've always wanted two girls so it's only natural that I'll end up with two boys!
    When approximately will you find out?: July 31
    When's your next appointment?: 1-14, we just had our first appointment last week!

Overall I've been feeling way more nauseous & exhausted than last time. Being pregnant with a toddler is no joke!

12. littlebittyhouse

pear / 1570 posts

@Colekbl: so glad you're here!!!

13. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@Colekbl: welcome and congrats! We are due date twins!

14. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Colekbl: Welcome! So glad you decided to join us! Hope you get your energy back soon!

15. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

July Mamas!
    July 1: simplyfelicity
    July 2: Mrs. Pickles, Reese
    July 4: dolphin
    July 7: qbbride, fuzzypeaches, little bitty house
    July 10: travelgirl1
    July 11: Candy_nee, sweettooth, Mrsk
    July 13: tidybee, sugarbee
    July 14: Chocoholic, dreamer3311 (twins!), angelachase
    July 15: nicole112
    July 17: MamaCate, cvbee
    July 20: Bluemasonjar
    July 21: Sarac, Lala
    July 24: BlueWolverine
    July 25: Mrsvdv
    July 28: Spinny, MrsH
    July 29: mrsjyw
    July 30: Cait
    July 31: ValentineMommy, ginabean3, Colekbl

16. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Colekbl: Welcome!

17. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@Colekbl: Welcome! Happy to have a fellow team greener!

18. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@Ginabean3: Welcome and congrats! Happy to have you here.

19. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Anyone finding out the gender soon - ish? I know there are all those tests that can tell you really early.

20. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@Tidybee: thank you!

21. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Colekbl: @Ginabean3: @Lala: Welcome!

How is everyone doing with nausea?
    I'm 11 weeks now and the intensity is easing off but my goodness I still feel dreadful. Heartburn has crept into the mix too. Today I went shopping with DH and LO and suddenly needed to gag in the street for ten minutes, ew. I seriously don't know if I could cope with another pregnancy after this one, and I always wanted three kids.

22. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@travelgirl1: I will be 13 weeks on Wednesday and still get nauseated in the evenings (like now.) I was miserable for a few weeks, so I will take this! Sorry you aren't feeling well.

23. mrsjyw

@Colekbl: hooooray!!! Welcome friend!

@travelgirl1: I'm so sorry you're still feeling sick!! I am 8.5 weeks and still mildly naseous but the yakking has passed (except for dinner today) for the most part and I feel okay eating. I still have strong food aversions, heartburn has started already, and I have afternoon/nighttime/motn/early morning nausea/something in my throat feeling, but I'm okay for the most part. Today was my first day without a nap! I actually finished Christmas shopping!

Trying not to worry about the lack of nausea and counting my blessings.

24. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@travelgirl1: nausea for me comes and goes....but mostly what bothers me more is the fatigue. I'm tired all the time. I feel like such a dud and I feel badly for LO because in the afternoons all I want to do is lay down on the couch and watch Ellen.

25. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@travelgirl1: I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and my nausea is much better. I've stopped the diclectin cold turkey and that seems OK. I just have to make sure to eat regularly.

I'm still exhausted though. I nap with DS every day that I'm home!! Can't wait to feel more like myself.

26. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@simplyfelicity: my blood test is Friday and it sounds like the results should be back in the next two weeks or so after that. It is crazy to think about knowing so early, but kind of exciting to announce after that and be able to announce the sex too!

27. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@travelgirl1: I am so sorry you are still feeling so bad. I have heard that every pregnancy is different but so far mine have been very similar with mild symptoms. I still snack more and maybe am more sensitive to smells but I am feeling pretty good at 10 1/2 weeks--knock on wood!

28. cait

apricot / 268 posts

Alright, I'm about to get ready for my first appointment! I'm so, so nervous. It's funny, my LO wasn't planned and I was so wrapped up in the surprise that I wasn't half as anxious about this stuff, but this time around I'm going nuts. Wish me luck!

29. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Ginabean3: I haven't been taking anything, but I've considered it. I feel like poo! Several people have mentioned the symptoms/gender question, but I don't know! I don't have any intuition about it (didn't with ds either), but I would be THRILLED with a little girl. Thrilled.

@Colekbl: congrats and welcome dd twin!

@simplyfelicity: my blood test is the 30th of dec. I think the doc said the results can take two weeks though!

@travelgirl1: I'm only 8 weeks and still in the thick of nausea. I'm SUPER lucky that I also get diarrhea with my m/s. Ugh. It's the worst. Heartburn has started as well. So sorry you're not feeling well either!

30. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@cait: good luck! Sending good wishes your way! I was a bundle of nerves when I went and probably will be the next few times too. Let us know how it goes!

31. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@cait: good luck with your first appt!

32. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@cait: good luck to you!

33. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@cait: good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

So, mamas pregnant with #2 - have you started thinking of gear yet! DS will be 2 years 4 months when #2 is born and I'm obsessing over double strollers. I love the City Select bc the two seats aren't on top of eachother. But I wonder if it's worth spending all that money since it's not like DS will need the stroller much longer. Thoughts?

34. mrsjyw

@Candy_nee: going to wait on the double stroller and see how DS does....he's already started not liking the umbrella stroller, so I have a feeling we'll be doing the umbrella stroller + baby wearing, then DS walking + baby in us come july. DS will be 2 years 8 months.

@cait: good luck today!

35. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@cait: I was so nervous too! Here's to having a great appointment.

@Candy_nee: I'm thinking about gear too, we just need to make sure our carseats aren't out since my DS will be 3 years 10 mo when LO comes

36. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@cait: Wishing you a great appointment!

37. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@cait: good luck!!

@Candy_nee: I am super into gear lol We are thinking about the Joovy Ultralight Too. We have an UBV now that I love, but ds will be too big for the little jump seat, so we would have to wait until lo2 is around 6 months so he/she could fit in the little seat and ds would be in the main seat, if that makes sense. At any rate, ds is starting to hate being in the stroller as it is. So much to think about. That being said, I really love the mountain buggy one, but can't justify another expensive stroller!

38. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@mrsjyw: my son already hates his stroller as well, so wearing and using the umbrella stroller is a great idea.@Mrs. Pickles: oh gosh! I didn't even think about car seats. We should be ok for the infant seat, and hopefully the bigger one as #2 needs it... @ValentineMommy: yeah, we already have the Britax B-Agile and I love it and we have a Chicco umbrella stroller as well (that we got on major discount at Target) and its hard for me to justify another expensive stroller when DS hates to be in it as it is...
    I'm now considering getting an Ergo and skipping the double stroller altogether... Decisions decisions!!

39. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

I have put it off forever and am finally getting my pregnancy blood panel done. Hate this part.

40. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@simplyfelicity: Good luck! I hate that part too.

My appointment went well! They didn't try to find a heartbeat which was a little disappointing, but they want to do the dating ultrasound first so mamas don't get scared if they can't find the heartbeat because it's too early. She said everything looks great though and my ultrasound is scheduled for early January!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee