Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@fuzzypeaches: yep we're going with our LO! And also the IL's. I'm not super excited about that part but hopefully DH and I can get some date nights in!

2. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@QBbride: Omg, I am SO jealous!

3. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@sweetooth: haha my husband grew up eating those smiley face cookies from eat n park (he grew up outside of pittsburgh)!

4. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@QBbride: oh my god take me with you. i'll run interference with your in-laws. i'll go pack my suitcase now.

5. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@smocks: i now want really crispy french fries. i can almost smell them.

6. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@Reese: maybe he'll be really active in the womb, tire himself out, and be nice and sleepy when he's born. at least that's what i would hope for (but did not get the first time around).

7. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@fuzzypeaches: i am super impressed that you are going to a concert! my friend kindly took me to a yo yo ma concert over the summer, but i didn't plan anything and was dead tired when we got home (it was only 10pm).

8. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@MamaCate: i have an appointment next week. i'm looking forward to it because i'm switching OB offices. i like the doctors at my current office, but administratively it has left a lot to be desired.

9. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@edelweiss: Haha I hope so. I am hoping little man just isn't a fan of ultrasounds. Since I am only starting to feel movement I don't know how much is normal. I am guessing when it is stronger I will have a better idea of how active he actually is.

ETA: Great news: I just called my insurance company and found out I am covered 100% for a breast pump! I was on the fence about getting one right away but now that it is covered - I will just go ahead and buy one.

10. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@Reese: That is awesome! Calling my insurance company has been on my to do list for weeks. I need to make it a priority

11. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@MamaCate: I think we're bringing our LO! She went to the dating u/s and then she wanted to go to my last checkup and hear the heartbeat (but couldn't because they don't allow young kids in during flu season at that office). I figure as long as she's so interested, I'll make her as much a part of things now as I can - I'm hoping that'll help with the adjustment when the babe actually gets here.

12. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

Is anyone else going crazy buying clothes.. I know I need to calm down and it's totally unreasonable... but....I.....can't...stop!

Also - how do people feel about eating soft serve? I know my MW would say yes go for it but DH brought me hope an Oreo blizzard (my pre preg weakness)

13. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@Reese: awesome about your pump!! Mine does too, but only starter sets. To get a full thing I have to pay to upgrade.

14. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@Candy_nee: Yeah - the downside is that it only pays for a max of $300 and the medela double electric is $400.. so I will just get the single. It should be more than enough. I have a one year mat leave so I will hopefully just be using the pump for engorgement and so I can get out of the house sometimes (alone) and leave DH with baby.

15. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@Reese: $400?! Wow that's expensive!! But super jealous of your year long maternity leave

16. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@QBbride: Oh my gosh. That sounds amazing! Went this summer right after DH obliterated his ACL. He promised to take me back.

17. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: Baby or maternity? I bought a onesie from Target but I am having SO much fun working on my registry! Oh and good call about the breast pump...I should call soon.

18. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@simplyfelicity: A onesie? Singular?? I meant baby..

Yes, keep editing my registry as well. Which curbs my shopping. I'm also going to start focusing on the nursery and purchasing things we need for that.

Are you registering for diapers or assuming people will get those anyway?

19. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: Haha, but I have bought three diaper bag. I got a diaper dude for DH, a skip hop duo and a skip hop diaper clutch for me. I am having four showers, so I figured I will get a ton of clothes then and just fill in the gifts after. I am actually "done" with my registry. I didn't include clothes but more gear and stuff.

20. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@simplyfelicity: 4 showers!? You lucky duck! Which skip hop pattern did you get? I can't figure out which one to settle on. I love that your vice is diaper bags

21. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: I was surprised, too! These are the ones I got.

22. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@MamaCate: We are bringing her, the poor girl has been to many of my ultrasounds so she is used to it

23. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MamaCate: I don't think we're taking DS1. He prob can't sit still that long lol I have a "check" coming up in a week or two. It's like a 5 minute doppler appointment. Our anatomy scan isn't for another month! We haven't seen DS2 since I was 7w pregnant and he still looked blobby, so I can't WAIT!

@Reese: I haven't bought anything...I'm waiting for summer clothes to come out! Since we're having a second boy (but completely different season), I'm not sure what I'm going to need and what we can reuse! As for soft serve, with DS1 I refused to touch it. This time, all about it. lol

@simplyfelicity: Wow, FOUR showers! That's awesome, you lucky lady! I love your diaper bag vice as well. I share the same problem. I think I have 8 or so at home and I'm definitely going to get a new one now that #2 is on the way Yes, I have a problem lol

24. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@ValentineMommy: 8???? Lol. That's a lot of diaper bags

25. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@Reese: I never registered for diapers and got a few boxes. I didn't start stock piling on the beginning and I'm glad I didn't because Ds flew through the first few sizes!

I got the kS Stevie w Ds that I'll reuse. I never bought into the diaper bag and only used it for like six months? We nursed a lot and I just threw his things into my regular jumbo sized pursed and it worked for me! Dh has a black messenger type diaper dude bag! He loves it!

26. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@travelgirl1: I've convinced myself that compared to my purses (since a diaper bag is all I carry now), 8 isn't a lot! Hehehe

27. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Reese: I haven't bought anything. I feel like all my friends have had boys lately so I am counting on some good sources of hand me downs. We will probably get a take home outfit but try not to buy much else.

@simplyfelicity: I have the skip hop duo and have been really happy with it. I like wearing it cross body a lot better than over the shoulder as a tip. Hope you like it!

28. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@simplyfelicity: oh cute! it's nice to have different diaper bags for different outings/needs. these days i just carry my tote/purse around on the weekends with some diapers and a sippy cup for LO (who's now 2).

@Reese: i haven't been buying baby clothes because we have a boy and regularly get hand me downs from one friend, but for maternity clothes...i've been scouring ebay and craigslist a LOT.

i'd probably be okay with the softserv. i ate a lot of lox this past weekend, which is another food that some people say to avoid. hope you enjoyed the blizzard!

29. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

I got an email this morning from old navy announcing a maternity sale starting today so I just wanted to share the news. I glanced online and it looked like some of the prices are pretty good! I am going to swing by the store tomorrow to see if I can use up the last bit of a Christmas gift card.

30. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Reese: Congrats on your official little man!! I am 100% down with soft serve during my last pregnancy I had it all the time, this time not as much. I think the risk of listeria is like... super low. Especially if it's a "clean" place.

@QBbride: OMG I hope you are on your way safely and have the best time! Look out for @edelweiss: in your suitcase lolz

@edelweiss: I was exhausted haha. It was an amazing concert but I am definitely paying for my partying last night this morning!

@simplyfelicity: Haha! 4 showers is crazy! Lucky ducky! Who all is throwing them? What a loved little baby you are going to have

@ValentineMommy: I also have a zillion diaper bags I can't help myself. It's fulfilling my purse/clothes addiction right now.

31. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@MamaCate: Love old navy maternity! They have some cute "valentines-y" shirts that are so cute right now

32. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

Also I'm not the only one packing on the pounds am I? I know lots of you aren't choosing to know your weight...
    I'm already up 8 lbs at 18 weeks. My Dr. isn't worried but I need to slow my roll! I only gained 19lbs last time (and didn't lose all of it) and I am so nervous about what will happen after baby 2.

Why is cheese so good?!

33. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@Reese: I haven't bought a single baby item.. totally have been online stalking though.. once we find out gender next week all bets are off. Even if we have a boy we will need little summer stuff since my LO was born in September.

@ValentineMommy: 8 diaper bags.. oh I could totally go there if I had unlimited funds

34. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Glad I'm not alone! Which is your fav bag? I'm up 4 pounds at 15 weeks, but I was, and still am, feeling like crap most of the time.

@Mrs. Pickles: Sales, definitely!

35. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@ValentineMommy: Right now it's the jujube (be prepared)! I find I like to have everything with me... because it's the thing I don't bring that causes the epic meltdowns hahaha

36. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I was really surprised! I am having one with family and friends, one at work, Dh's work and then my MIL wants to have one with her family and friends.

37. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I had put on 4lb a few weeks ago and will get another weigh-in next week but am expecting to have put on at least another 4. I piled it on like it was my job with DD and probably will this time too. baby likes sugar. And carbs. What can I say? Lol.

38. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I gained a ton and fast last time and wound up at 38 lbs just before delivery. Doc wasn't worried though so I didn't either. This time at 15wks I've put on 4-5 lbs. most of the in the last two weeks.

39. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@travelgirl1: hahaha. I wish that was my job right now! I just want to eat everything lol.

@simplyfelicity: That's amazing to even have one at DH work! It's going to be so fun Where did you register?

40. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

I'm terrified to see how much I've gained. My grandmother died and we've been at my parents' house the past few days with enough cheesecake, pasta dishes, cookies, Danish, etc to last weeks. But I'm starving all the timeand not being careful at all! I have a week to lose any extra water weight...it's back to salads and veggies when I get back to my house!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee