Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Reese: Where did you get your bras? I'm having a hard time finding any that aren't nursing bras. We do have a nursery thread! It's here: http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/july-2015-nurserytoddler-room-plans#post-2046062
    I love those prints you posted! We're also doing gray and navy, with aqua and red accents.

2. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@ValentineMommy: Thyme Maternity. Oooh heading over to that thread.

I wasn't going to do red accents but I think I am in love with the idea of getting a keekaroo and the blue isn't the right colour so I might go with red... if I can justify the cost

3. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@ValentineMommy: My boobs are unreal. I was a 34C already, and I have been too scared to measure myself now but I really need to buy new bras because I am spilling out of my regular ones! DH is like a teenage boy, can't stop staring.

4. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@simplyfelicity: i told my doctor the same thing about not wanting to know my weight gain (unless i'm gaining or losing an excessive amount), but i have to remember to say something at each appointment because i see different doctors and the nurses who weigh me at the beginning don't necessarily know about my preference.

@ValentineMommy: jumping in on the bra discussion. i have been wearing coobie bras. they're very accommodating and i was able to wear them throughout my entire first pregnancy. they're not the most flattering and do give a slight uniboob look though, so they're not for everyone!

5. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@Reese: congrats on finding out it's a boy! when do you find out the biopsy results? thinking good thoughts for you.

6. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@mrsjyw: i'm scared to stop taking my diclegis . and i hear you on how different the pregnancies can be--my first pregnancy i had nausea for a couple of weeks, this time it has lasted for a lot longer. i do think it's better now, and kinda hits me more in the later afternoon/evening, and not as strong. but still!

7. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

how is everyone doing on maternity clothes? i am due in a completely different season than the first pregnancy, so i feel like i need to stock up. i've been trolling ebay but it's so hard to know whether something will fit correctly (i'm short). where do you guys like getting your maternity clothes?

8. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@edelweiss: I am due in a completely different season this time too and I didn't really buy much the first time around. Plus I'm smaller this time around, so everything I do have is baggy, esp work clothes.

I've bought some from the HB classifieds and Gap had a good sale a few days ago so I got some staples for around the house and work. I picked up a couple of nonmaternity oversized things from Lulu and Nords. I'm in that weird phase where I'm in between maternity/nonmaternity, so hopefully this will get me through the winter...and then I can just rely on dresses and skirts for the summertime!

9. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@ValentineMommy: I started spilling out of my 36C bras a few weeks ago. Finally went out and bought some 38D, hoping they stay that size for awhile so I don't have to get more but DH is loving it

@edelweiss: This is my first but I am wearing maternity pants full time since 15 weeks. Luckily my sweaters and shirts still fit so I am hoping to make it to spring before I have to start wearing maternity shirts and can stock up on maxi dresses to get me through the summer.

10. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@edelweiss: Thanks. Hopefully Friday.

11. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@ValentineMommy: I've given up on buying new bras - last time I tried to guess how much I'll grow and bought three that just never fit. This time I'm sticking to cami shirts with lots of padding so nothing shows For once I'm glad I'm normally a size A!

@edelweiss: I have two pairs of old maternity pants that fit. They're not great lookers, but they'll get me through winter. I really enjoyed wearing dresses last time, but I was pregnant in a different season and could still wear most of my regular dresses... hopefully I'll get to do that again, but I'll probably be pretty round by summer and will look silly unless it's a maternity dress!

12. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Reese: Thanks, I'll have to check them out!

@edelweiss: I read about those on another thread and bought some BOGO the other day. I think they'll be great for everyday and around the house, but I know I won't feel super comfortable going into the office in them, so I wanted something with a little more structure for that. I usually shop at destination maternity. Like you, I'm also going to be preg the exact opposite season, so I have to buy a bunch new. I'm hoping to get by in a lot of maxi dresses that I already own, honestly.

@angelachase: lol my hubby just keeps asking if they hurt. I'm sure cause he wants to touch them. I just keep saying yes even if they dont lol

@Bluemasonjar: lol our darn DHs. If only they knew how uncomfortable these things can be!

@Mama Bird: haha that's what my mom keeps saying! She's also petite and since I was adopted, she's never experienced any of this weird growth. She thinks this is hysterical lol

13. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@edelweiss: I got a lot of maternity clothes from thrift stores! There is one near me that I had really good luck at--I have a few cute jersey dresses that were $5 each! I also got back some of my clothes from my SIL this weekend and some hand me downs from a friend at work today so I am excited. I had two pairs of maternity jeans from last time from gap, then got a pair of maternity skinny jeans from old navy this time. That is the only thing I have bought so far, but I think I might get a Bella band next time I am at target because my maternity pants are kind of loose and I can't find my old one.

My philosophy for maternity is not to spend too much and try to use non maternity stuff too. I have a couple skirts and a bunch if dresses that will work probably starting next month so I am hoping not to buy a lot more. I am lucky that I can wear jeans to work so that makes it easier.

14. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

It's so fun to have you all to connect with and discuss our growing boobs Not too many people I can discuss this with right now. I am SO much bigger in the chest this time around. Last time I stretched my regular bras out and never bought a maternity bra. Now I find that I'm more comfortable in a sports bra. I'm normally a 36B - I have no clue what I am now, but my cup runneth over! Do you guys go and get measured to find out what size to get? Or do you just try on a few and see what fits best?

@edelweiss: I'm pregnant during a different season too. I'm trying to make my sweaters work for a while longer. And wearing out my one pair of maternity jeans. I think I'll probably go to a local consignment shop soon to see what they have. There's a great one in Del Ray on Mt. Vernon. But I'm sure there are some near you in Falls Church.

15. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Reese: Congrats on your baby boy! Those nautical prints are a great decoration for your son's room!

16. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@sweetooth: I'm right there with you, sister. I was a 36B and according to my measurement yesterday, I'm now a 38D. Yikes. I measured myself using a chart I found online. I don't think I've ever been properly measured lol These boobs better calm down, cause I'm not prepared for them to be any bigger!

17. smocks

apricot / 483 posts

I've totally failed at keeping up with this thread. Oh well. Here's my update!

How far along? 14w5d
    Team? No idea yet, I'm guessing we won't find out until the middle of March
    How are you feeling? Symptoms? Feeling good, so far this is another easy pregnancy for me. I definitely nap every night before bed though, I get so tired after working all day.
    Upcoming appts? Feb. 16
    Who have you told? Made it FB official this last week, so pretty much everyone.
    Any cravings? Different every day. Today, it's really crispy french fries with ranch, and smiley face cookies from this specific bakery in my hometown. Neither of which I will be getting :'(

18. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@angelachase: So is my husband. I was a 36 D and DH CANNOT STOP. I have no idea what size I am now but there is definite spillage.

19. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@ValentineMommy: hahaha! I know! I fear what they will do once the milk comes in! I've never been measured in a store. But sometimes I'm tempted to do that. I don't know - maybe I'll look for the chart online that you mentioned

@smocks: Is that specific bakery in Pennsylvania? I remember stopping at a place along our drives to Ohio when I was little, and they had great smiley face cookies. Eat-n-Park?

20. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@ValentineMommy: well let me just tell you a story about my E's lol.. last time I got up to an F so I'm afraid of going to an H!

Yay for boob talk

I'm not wearing any maternity yet and am just looking poochy, so that may be a signal we're having a girl since I had an official bump by now with my son

21. pearl

coffee bean / 39 posts

I'm glad I'm not alone in the boob department. It's mostly my rib cage, I think. It's expanded enough that most of my bras are so painful on the sides!

22. smocks

apricot / 483 posts

@sweetooth: nope, Deerfield Bakery in Deerfield, IL. SO. GOOD.

23. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

I was a 32E before getting pregnant with my son. I just weaned him a month ago so my boobs still hAvent returned to their pre-pregnancy size. They're still huge!! I tried on some pre-pregnancy bras the other day and lets just say it was totally indecent, haha! I'm just wearing my nursing bras for now because I've been too lazy/cheap to go buy new bras.

24. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Oh man, I'm glad I'm not alone in the boobage department. I've just never had boobs this big! They're so uncomfortable!!!

25. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: I hope that the only way a letter E, F or H are associated with my ta-tas is to describe them as "Exceptional, Fabulous, and Hot" /// Are you finding out the sex of your baby?

@pearl: Maybe those little bra extender things are all you need for some relief. Do you have any of these? http://www.amazon.com/Maidenform-Womens-Hook-Spacing-Extender/dp/B0083QLONK/ref=zg_bs_2364773011_1

@smocks: I was WAY off! But now I really want a smiley face cookie...

@QBbride: Makes more sense to just wait until after this baby to buy new bras. Thanks for the reminder to grab some of my nursing bras out of storage

@ValentineMommy: I always remind my husband to enjoy these bodacious boobs while he can. I remember after I stopped breastfeeding I asked him "Seriously, this is what I'm left with?"

26. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@sweetooth: "Exceptional, Fabulous, and Hot" .. made my day right there. Trust me it's interesting nursing when your boob is the size of your baby haha

yes next Friday I can't wait!!! I still have no clue boy or girl though , at this point I knew with my last pregnancy so we will see.

27. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

You guys are making me laugh with all this boob talk! Mine still haven't grown significantly and didn't until after delivery with DD so I am fine if it stays that way!

My next appt is tomorrow and it sort of snuck up on me. Anyone else have appointments soon?

28. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

I've been so Mia, so sick I wish I could take cold medication! It's been non stop passing btw me and Lo.

I'm so jealous of your boob situations! I was a totally respectable 34c prior to babies. Then with nursing I got up to a DD, and after weaning was in a 34a!!! It was so sad! I hope I retain some boobs this time but fear is getting smaller lol.

Also the names are too far back, but I LOVE everyone's names! Dh ideas of names are totally insane, I'm pretty sure we will never agree lol. LO was nameless for a few days until I gave in and I'm pretty sure the same thing will happen this time!

29. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@MamaCate: I had my 18 week appt yesterday so uneventful. But my anatomy scan is in less than 2 weeks now! Can't wait!

Also totally not baby related, but going to see Sam Smith tonight! Anyone doing anything fun soon?? Trying to remember who I was before mom life took over

30. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@fuzzypeaches: yeah mine is the 16 wk appt although I will be almost 17 wks so it should be uneventful. The biggest thing will be trying to schedule the anatomy scan around DHs crazy schedule!

That reminds me: those of you with LOs at home, are you bringing them to the anatomy scan? DH and I were talking about it today.

31. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: "nursing when your boob is the size of your baby" - that made me laugh! I'm glad we can amuse one another

@MamaCate: I have a regular check up next week with my OB and an ultrasound on 2/16. I'm so ready to hear the heartbeat again and see the little guy. It's been too long and I need some reassurance, even if I am over 17 weeks now. Our scan is on President's Day and my husband has the day off and daycare is closed. I never really thought about bringing our son to the ultrasound. I'd like for husband to be able to come, but we don't have any back-up childcare. I'm not sure how my son would do in that setting...

@fuzzypeaches: It really is hard to be sick and not be able to take medicine to help accelerate the healing process. Hope you feel better soon! Have a great time at the concert! It's always good to make time for YOU during all of this. // I'm trying to plan tea with a good friend of mine. Not as exciting as a concert, but one-on-one time with a friend is hard to come by these days!

32. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: one more thing - yay for next Friday! Can't wait to hear if you're having a boy or girl!

33. pearl

coffee bean / 39 posts

@MamaCate: The ultrasound room at my OB's office is small, and my son is a wild little heathen so he isn't joining us My doula and my husband are coming though!

34. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@fuzzypeaches: my sister is going to see Sam Smith tonight too!

We leave this afternoon for 10 days in Maui! I can't wait!!!!

35. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@MamaCate: dh can't even come to my anatomy scan bc he's travelling for work so much. I gave up trying to schedule it. I'm not bringing lO though - I kind of feel like it's the new baby's time? I know that sounds weird haha

@sweetooth: one on one time with friends is honestly amazing! I miss just being able to plan whatever I want hahahaha. It's sad but a lot of my friends without kids I've lost touch with because it's just so impossible.

@pearl: I'm pretty sure "wild heathen" Is synonymous for toddler boy ! Lol

@QBbride: I'm super excited! But I mean Maui would be even better! Are you taking LO?? So fun! Maternity vacation wear is also the best!

36. mrsjyw

@MamaCate: we aren't. They recommend not to at our office since it's a long appointment. My mom will watch him while DH and I go. 4 weeks! WHAT?!

37. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@mrsjyw: isn't it just flying by? It makes me kind of nervous. The first baby I was so impatient to have him out but this time I am just trying to savour having him/her inside and safe with all needs automatically taken care of

38. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Oooh that concert will be awesome!

We had our 19 week appointment today. I am so glad we found out the sex at my biopsy (of all things) because the images were way better and this tech was a bit wishy washy (we don't guarantee but I think it's a boy). If I had only heard that I might be booking myself a 3D ultrasound LOL. Either way, it's pretty much a sure thing now that we have a little man coming. He was also super active again - it's starting to make me nervous.. will this baby ever sleep..? They couldn't print out images but I took some with my phone - but their pics were not as clear as the other place we have gone. We won't be going back there. I think this was our last ultrasound. It was weird to tell DH that this was the last time we would see baby on the inside!

39. pearl

coffee bean / 39 posts

@Reese: Congrats on your official boy! And what your husband said got me thinking, and that's so wild! I can't believe that the next time we see them might be when we meet them!

40. mrsjyw

@fuzzypeaches: it's FLYING by. I mean seriously, I'm going to blink, have our anatomy scan and be half way? WHAT?! Hope you get well soon!!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee