Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Candy_nee: I love your name choices! It goes so well with your son's name.

2. sugarbee

olive / 51 posts

We don't have a name nailed down at all. We know his middle name it is a family name. What does everyone think of the name Toren/Toryn (not sure of the spelling). But it should sound like Lauren with a T.

3. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@simplyfelicity: I got a couple from Carters but H&M had some super cute ones

4. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@turkeylurkey: yay the joys of potty training!
    At least your LO will go poop on the potty mine is scared of being sucked in the toilet.. we're working on it

5. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

Quiet here today! Happy Friday everyone!

6. cait

apricot / 268 posts

Has anyone dealt with spotting/bleeding in the 2nd trimester with this or a previous pregnancy? I woke up to some this morning. I called the dr.'s office and the on-call doc said there could be a few different non-emergency reasons and as long as it's not getting worse and nothing else is happening, to stay off my feet this weekend and come in Monday if I'm still spotting. I never spotted during my first pregnancy or until now with this one so I'm feeling a little panicky.

7. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@sugarbee: I like it!
    @cait: I hope it's nothing! I know it can be common. Keep us posted. If you're really freaked out, you can always go to the ER.

8. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@cait: oh no! How scary! Hoping it's nothing! I don't have any direct experience but I will be praying for you and baby!

9. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

Sorry for being MIA; I think pregnancy brain (actually report card brain followed by strep throat and then a bad cold) made me forget to check hellobee! (Wish it was an app!)

Exciting to read all the updates about gender and names. Also I really like the addition to the list of showing if people are first time moms.

My update: I'm 19 weeks and will have my anatomy scan at 21 weeks and then we will do gender reveal with the family at easter. Just went through all the old baby boy clothes today to remember what is in there. It's all blue, so if this is a girl we will be doing lots of shopping. And I think it is a girl mainly because I have been such a b-tchy pregnant lady and I wasn't like this when carrying my son, but mate it's more of a second-time pregnancy thing? We will see.

10. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: @MamaCate: Thanks, mamas! I've just been taking it as easy as possible with a toddler and my mom is taking DD for tomorrow (my DH works weekends) so I can get some decent rest. Baby has been moving around a lot so that is reassuring.

11. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@sugarbee: Definitely a cool name!
    @cait: Oh no, how scary! How are you doing today?

12. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Anyone still taking anything for their morning sickness? I didn't take my unisom and b6 last night to see if I still need it. Ummmm...yeah...blech.

13. Mrshanks

pea / 8 posts

EDD: July 22, 2015

How far along: 18 weeks 5 days

First child? Yes

First doctor appointment: was December 8, 2014 when we were 8 weeks. We were able to see Sprout for the first time and hear its heartbeat.

Any symptoms so far? Everything. I've had them all so far.

Who have you told? Everyone knows now. But at first we told parents and our grandparents. This is the first grandchild and great grandchild on my side but his parents third grandchild and I'm not sure we're the baby will fall in line of great grandchildren on his side. There are a lot.

14. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Mrshanks: Welcome to Hellobee and congratulations! Do you know if you are having a boy or girl yet?

15. Mrshanks

pea / 8 posts

@simplyfelicity: Thank you. My husband and I are very excited as this was a complete surprise and our miracle baby. I was told at 14 I would never be able to conceive children.

We do not know what we are having yet. Anatomy scan scheduled for March 13 but gender reveal isn't until April 4.

16. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

July Mamas!
    July 1: simplyfelicity (#1 )
    July 2: Mrs. Pickles (#2 ), Reese (#1 ) ,
    pearl (#2 )
    July 4: dolphin (#2)
    July 7: qbbride (#2 ), little bitty house (#2 )
    July 8: turkeylurkey (#2 ) , fuzzypeaches (#2 )
    July 10: travelgirl1 (#2 )
    July 11: Candy_nee (#2 ) , sweettooth (#2 ) ,
    Mrsk (#1 )
    July 13: tidybee (#2 ) , sugarbee (#1 ) , cvbee (#2), nettestars (#1)
    July 14: Chocoholic (#2 ), dreamer3311 (twins!) (#1/2), angelachase (#1)
    July 15: nicole112 (#1), bunnylove (#1 )
    July 17: MamaCate (#2 ) , Mama Bird (#2 )
    July 20: Bluemasonjar (#1 )
    July 21: Sarac (#2), Lala (#2), TheSwissWifeStyle (#1 )
    July 22: edelweiss (#2), Mrshanks (#1)
    July 24: BlueWolverine (#2), ginabean3 (#2 )
    July 25: Mrsvdv (#2)
    July 28: Spinny (#1), MrsH (#2)
    July 29: mrsjyw (#2)
    July 30: Cait (#2), smocks (#2)
    July 31: ValentineMommy (#2 ) ,Colekbl (#2 ) , kthomas (#1)
    Boys : 11
    Girls : 8

17. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Mrshanks: Wow, I can't imagine being told that at such a young age. So happy to hear that there were other plans for you.

18. Mrshanks

pea / 8 posts

@simplyfelicity: Yes it was a tough pill to swallow and I dreamed of having a baby. I am glad God had other plans for me. I am enjoying every minute of this pregnancy: the good and the bad. My mom was told she would have trouble conceiving too and had no problems conceiving me or my little brother. It's amazing how God works sometimes.

19. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Mrshanks: I could not agree more. This baby is my third pregnancy trying to have my first. As much as morning sickness sucked (like really sucked!) I was so happy to know he was ok. Unfortunately, life is not perfect and I will always wish for my losses but God is so good. I know my son will be worth it.

20. Mrshanks

pea / 8 posts

@simplyfelicity: Very true. And congrats to you as well. I cannot imagine going through a loss. But now you have your rainbow baby. I still worry about Sprout. I guess I still feel like it can't be real or this dream come true will end. But my husband has been amazing and he keeps me sane.

21. Mrshanks

pea / 8 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: if it's a boy it's with James Cornelius or James Randolph. If it's a girl her name will be Elizabeth Ann. For now the baby is sprout.

22. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Mrshanks: Thank you! When I got a positive this time, I was actually angry/numb/didn't want to talk about the baby for a while. Like you, I still worry about him but I feel like it gets easier with time. I was amazed that DH could be so positive after everything. Pretty stoked to be at viability in 2 weeks!
    This due date board is full of ladies who have had losses or a really difficult time conceiving-- so you are in good company.

23. Mrshanks

pea / 8 posts

@simplyfelicity: that is awesome to hear. Since I have started to feel sprout or at least what I think is sprout it's become easier to not worry as much. Have you felt your baby yet? I can't what for DH to be able to feel sprout.

24. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Mrshanks: I have an anterior placenta, so I sometimes think I feel something but I am not sure. I guess it's typical to not feel anything until 24-25 weeks with one.
    Oh and I love your style of names, very classic. Our son is likely going to be William Lawrence but we will call him Liam.

25. Mrshanks

pea / 8 posts

@simplyfelicity: aww that is adorable. The names were easy. We have had them picked out since he proposed.

I haven't been told if my placenta is anterior. I guess that's something they would told me by now.

26. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Candy_nee: Love the name!!
    @sugarbee: I don't mind the name, but I would pronounce it TOR-in, not like TAR-in...so I don't know how you'd feel about mispronunciations.
    @cait: Hope everything is ok!!!
    @simplyfelicity: My doctor just put me on Zantac for my nausea. I'm not getting sick, but I am still nauseated every single day. I'm so over it. I look huge now (thanks second pregnancy), but have only gained 5 pounds now. I had definitely gained like 15 with DS1 by now. Ugh, I'm so over feeling sick.
    @Mrshanks: Congrats!

27. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@simplyfelicity: Ugh, sorry to hear you're still feeling sick! Very nice and classic name you have chosen for your son!

@Mrshanks: Welcome! And very nice names you have picked out!

So, we shared what will likely be our boy's name (Landon) with my ILs and were met with awkward silence. Oh well. Don't care. DH said he figured his folks wouldn't be in love with it. I don't think they would really like any name we chose, so whatev! We even started calling him Landon already....so I think that's gonna be it! My little Landon

28. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

So much going on, I can't keep up!

@cait: I hope everything is ok!

29. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@ValentineMommy: I'm still feeling sick too. I have to shove food in my mouth right upon sitting up in bed...which is so hard to do at 5:30am. I wish I could sleep later and maybe not have to start the cycle of food so early, but it's the time that we have to get up to get our son out to daycare. I have heaved so many times today and it's not even 10am.

@Mrshanks: Welcome and congratulations!

30. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@cait: Hugs to you! I hope everything is ok and you were able to take it easy over the weekend.

31. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@simplyfelicity: I haven't taken anything for MS this entire time because I didn't want to deal with the terrible constipation it caused me during my first pregnancy. But at 20 weeks - I am SO over feeling pukey so much! Besides meds, what do you do to feel better? All I can do is get food in me ASAP, almost requiring me to eat every 2 hours. We had a huge breakfast this weekend and almost an hour after finishing it I was like, "I'm hungry" - and my husband was so stuffed for hours. This baby is a hungry little baby!

32. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Mrshanks: Thank you!
    @TheSwissWifeStyle: Thank you! We are pretty excited about having a name picked out.
    @ValentineMommy: Sorry you aren't feeling well still! And you should post a bump pic! I bet you look beautiful.
    @sweetooth: I am not a fan of zofran either. I take diceglis or the over the counter form. Sorry you still aren't feeling well, hope you turn the corner soon! Last night, DH made dinner and I was hungry for seconds and crackers. And my husband is not a small guy!

33. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@sweetooth: SAME here. The minute I open my eyes I tell DH to get me an english muffin almost every morning. Like you, I'm up early (at 5) to be at work by 6. It's really hard.

@simplyfelicity: Thank you! I havent been good about posting bump pics this time, but I will try

34. littlebittyhouse

pear / 1570 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: we get mixed reviews with Emily. People either love it or start suggesting other names!

35. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@cait: thinking of you, hope everything is okay!!!

36. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@cait: thinking of you! I know in some situations spotting can be common. Glad you're taking it easy. Are you going to the Dr today?

I weighed myself for the first time this pregnancy and I'm up 12 lbs. ugh. Same starting weight as DS but I was only up 5 lbs with him at this point. Ah, it is what it is.

37. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@cait: hope everything is ok!
    @ValentineMommy: @simplyfelicity: I'm having super weird gagging moments, like when I bend over I gag .. I don't know if lo is right up by my stomach or what.. it's actually gotten more frequent the farther along I am yay

38. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@littlebittyhouse: Emily is so beautiful and classic!
    @QBbride: I actually have no clue what I weigh. I always tell the doctor to not tell me or show me my weight but just to tell me if I need to slow down or gain more (unlikely, haha! ) They seem happy so far! I tend to get preoccupied with those things.

39. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: Motion has been triggering my gag reflex too. I carry the laundry up the stairs, and have to put it down and gag a few times. I guess I need to sit still. Like I need another reason to sit on my a** !

40. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: It's fun to have a name picked out and be able to talk to your belly with the chosen name. We have a name picked out - but are holding it close. We had a name throughout our last pregnancy and changed it within the last week! So we want to keep our options open. (I think Landon is a sweet name!)

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee