Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@simplyfelicity: I am off meds and have been for the last month or so, but I still get queasy and still barf (though much less frequently).

@QBbride: I think I'm up about 8 lbs. (I started packing on the weight with ds so it's a lil less this time, but I feel like I'm on my way to carrying the same at the end).

Our anatomy scan is next Wednesday!!!!!! I can't hardly believe it! :O

2. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrsjyw: Mine is next Wednesday too and I can not wait!!!!! We haven't seen this little dude since I was 7w, so we have never seen his little face. I'm super nervous though!

3. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@mrsjyw: @ValentineMommy: next Wednesday will be an exciting day! Can't wait!!!

4. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I love the name! Opinions are like --a---holes, everyone has them and they usually stink We don't even tell people our name lists because we don't want any feedback. As my mom pointed out, everyone loves the name when they see the baby...or it's just too late to do anything about.

I'm sorry for all of you still having nausea. You guys are troopers...I can't imagine.
    I am 20 weeks today --- halfway there! And anatomy scan is Thursday, but I'm pretty sure we're going to stay Team Green i just want to see the babe...heshe is so quiet in there (but still regular movement) compared to the big sister who was moving and groovin and showing off for everyone by now.

5. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@cait: Thinking of you. Has the spotting stopped now?

@mrsjyw: @ValentineMommy: I'm so excited to find out what you are both having!

6. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@simplyfelicity: I still take a tablet at night. If I don't take it, I know about it the next day

7. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Tidybee: Yay for making it half way through!!!

8. sugarbee

olive / 51 posts

@ValentineMommy: Tor-in is right! That is how it should be pronounced.

9. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Finally felt baby boy move last night! My husband and I actually felt it at the same time. I started to feel this knocking feeling and grabbed his hand. DH jumped back, haha. Love this! I am now wondering if I have been feeling this for a while and just didn't realize it.

10. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@simplyfelicity: you probably have! I know they saw first time mamas don't feel movement as early but mainly because they don't really know what they're feeling!!

I had an anterior placenta with DS and felt him move consistently from 19 weeks. But at that point it was big movements so I'm sure I missed the tiny ones

I have a posterior placenta this time and I swear I've felt the baby move since just before 11 weeks!!

11. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@sugarbee: In that case, love it!

Anyone else not feeling a whole lot? I felt DS1 a ton by now (at 17w). I've definitely felt sporadic flutters, but nothing major and not consistently. The midwife at my practice suggested it's because I had such a big baby last time and that he probably stretched everything out in there (....nice) and said it's not uncommon. But cmon! I wanna feel him more! It would at least make all this nausea have an upside lol

12. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@simplyfelicity: Oh that is great that you felt baby move! And that your DH was able to feel it too! My DH is still anxiously awaiting til he can feel the movements.

Anyone else notice their appetite starting to ramp up? Mine has been pretty much taking over the last few days. But, I'm too lazy/tired to go to the store!

13. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

Hey All,

Sorry I have been MIA. I found out the growth I had a biopsy on is a "special" kind of tumor that doesn't stop growing so I will need to have surgery to remove it. This will hopefully only involve a lumpectomy. Trying to just stay calm about it. It is what it is. Waiting for an appointment with the surgeon to see if I will be having this surgery before or after delivery. I'm concerned with how either of those decisions will impact my plan to BF. Blargh.

I also caught the office bug going around and now I'm home sick. Yay

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I can't believe your family reacted in silence! It's a great name and currently our front runner. I still want to consider some other names before we decide

14. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Reese: I know right?! And, sorry you're going through so much Sending you strength

15. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

Oh, also...I have some new IG followers, are any of them from this group?! Feel free to share your IGs, I think it'd be fun to follow each other on there I'm bettiB10.

16. mrsjyw

@simplyfelicity: yay! I had an anterior placenta with DS, felt flutters around 18/19 weeks, kicks a few weeks later, and I think DH felt the first kicks around 22 weeks from the outside.

This time I have a posterior placenta and I've been feeling baby flutters since 13/14 weeks. The last couple of weeks I feel baby pretty consistently throughout the day! I'm still getting used to feeling movement so early! The other day I was sitting in the bath and I swear I saw belly movement when baby kicked! Such a different experience than last time!

@Reese: I'm so sorry you're dealing with so much extra! I will be thinking of you and a swift and smooth procedure!

17. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Reese: I'm so sorry, how stressful! Fingers crossed the procedure is a very simple one and I hope you get over the bug soon!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I think we already follow each other (charlariela)

18. mrsjyw

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Love Landon! We didn't tell close friends or family until the final few weeks. More because we didn't finalize until then, but even with that, to leave the door for peanut gallery comments to a short interval of time! Thankfully ILs liked our choice.

19. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@mrsjyw: Thanks! It's weird b/c it's not like it's a made-up name or something. Whatevs! Probably good to keep it tight lipped, but I have a few friends IRL who are also pg, so we kind of want to announce his name in case anyone is thinking of using it too...terrible, right!? But after 3 years of trying and lost pregnancies, we've had to kiss quite a few of our favorite names good-bye b/c other people used them before we had a chance.

20. mrsjyw

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Not terrible! I told all of my friends who were pregnant near me last time our name choice Thankfully no overlaps, but a distant friend of DH's used the name for their third DS the following year. :\

21. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I wish I was getting an appetite. I still feel like crapola.

@Reese: I'm sorry I think I mentioned before that I had a lumpectomy 6 months or so before I had DS1. The procedure itself was not a big deal, but I know with you being pregnant that it has it's own issues with any procedure. Are they suggesting you have it removed now or post birth?

22. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Mine was HUGE from about 16-19 weeks. It was like the more I ate, the hungrier I got. I noted that in my pregnancy journal with DD1 and it was about 15-16 weeks. I think that explains my 8lb weight gain in 4 weeks....oh my gosh! But it has calmed down significantly at 20 weeks. I eat very normal meals and barely snack. I'm sure it'll ramp up again soon!
    @Reese: so scary! At least everyone caught it and knows what to do with it. I'm sorry you're dealing with that now. @ValentineMommy: I mentioned that I'm also having very little movements as compared to DD1. Your midwife's explanation made me feel better...DD wasn't huge, but I can imagine things are more stretched out in there...they are everywhere else! I have the constant movement but it's still sooo light...still like the goldfish feeling, whereas DD was full blown kicks and punches/making belly move crazy in there.

23. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Ummm...yeah, I have to have a second dinner every night.
    @Reese: Thinking of you.
    @mrsjyw: That's so cool!

24. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@ValentineMommy: I am 19 weeks as of yesterday but so far have only felt flutters once a few weeks ago, at least I haven't been able to identify any other occurrences. I am getting anxious to start feeling the baby by my OB said it was still early. It sure was moving around during my u/s last week though.

25. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@ValentineMommy: Im 20.5 weeks and can't feel my lite dude as much as I want. It's driving me crazy! And of course freaking me out. I'm looking forward to my anatomy scan tomorrow to make sure he's a-ok in there.
    @TheSwissWifeStyle: fun! I'm going to follow you. I'm: candacerwatts

26. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@Reese: That sounds very scary! You are really being a trooper. Thinking of you.

@simplyfelicity: How fun to feel baby finally! Isn't it so exciting when DH can feel it too? Mine was kicking furiously the other night so while we were watching TV DH just rested his hand on my belly and was so thrilled to feel baby so active.

I started seeing a chiropractor today because my tailbone & hips have been getting really achy. The chiropractor said my hips/glutes are really tense and did a lot of muscle work. Felt amazing, like the world's longest pigeon pose in yoga!

27. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

Thanks all!

@ValentineMommy: PMing you

28. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Reese:

29. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

We saw our sweet little guy again today at my anatomy scan. He's definitely still a boy! He's big and healthy - measuring about a week ahead. My BP was kind of high on the first reading which was scary since I had preeclampsia my first pregnancy. But it went down when they rechecked it. I'm down 3 lbs total, which is weird. But I don't have much of an appetite so that probably explains that.
    We took DS1 and he kept thinking me or the baby hurt and saying "baby chase momma hurt?" It was hilarious!

30. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@mrsjyw: How was your scan?!

Eta: oops! Just saw yours is next wednesday.

31. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Candy_nee: Glad you had a great appointment!

32. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Bluemasonjar: @Candy_nee: Glad I'm not the only one! I wanna feel this dude! It's making me really anxious.

@Candy_nee: Yay for a good appointment!!

33. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@Candy_nee: glad you had a good appointment! So sweet that baby's big brother could come along

@Reese: gosh, you just can't get a break... Thinking of you and baby!

I'm expanding. Like a balloon. Yesterday I realized I'm having a hard time reaching the kitchen sink. Come onnn... it's way too soon for that, I still have four months to go!

34. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@Candy_nee: Yay to see the little man again!

@Mama Bird: Thanks I feel like I am very quickly expanding too

Little man is moving around so much and that makes me worried so it just goes to show we will worry one way or another. Yesterday you could clearly see the movements from the outside.. I'm afraid of when he gets bigger! I predict this being painful.

35. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Outing myself to say I think Landon is an adorable name! I have a close friend from high school named Landon. And I shared our sons name early and got a bunch of crap for it but once he was born everyone adjusted and now they love it and is just who he is. Stick to your guns.

36. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@MrsMccarthy: thanks!

37. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@MrsMccarthy: @TheSwissWifeStyle: Yes! I obviously agree since we might be name twins. Luckily we live in different countries

38. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Reese: that's so cute! I wouldn't worry. There will be other Landons but its not as common as some names. My sons name is Tor and slowly we have started seeing a few pop up here and there. Congrats and wishing you the best of luck for your upcoming surgery!

39. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: oops! I actually meant to tag You! Dang phone!

@MrsMccarthy: thanks! Yeah, the rising popularity is the only deterrent for us. Still keeping our options open right now but we can't seem to find anything we love more than that name right now. It is so hard to commit!

40. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@Candy_nee: yay for a great appointment.
    I had pre-e with my first pregnancy too, so I'm super paranoid.. here's to hoping for better this time

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee