Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Reese: @simplyfelicity: I love checking in on your updates since were so close together! My GD test is this upcoming Monday!

2. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

We are babymooning to France! Leaving 2 weeks from today! I am soooooooo excited!!!

3. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@angelachase: jealous!!!!! Where in France are you going???

4. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@angelachase: That's awesome! I am super jealous!

5. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@LindsayInNY: Good luck! Sure you won't need it!

6. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

We weren't planning on a babymoon but Dh's work is sponsoring a trip to South Beach and they're paying for me to go too! My mom is going to watch Ds. So excited for some "us" time before two littles!!

7. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@Ginabean3: Paris for 3.5 days and Provence for 3.5 days. It's my #1 bucket list dream destination, and we haven't been on a really major vacation like that in 4 years or so, so we just decided to go for it! I know it will probably be a long time before we can put a trip like that on the table again.

8. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@angelachase: amazing!!! Good for you!!!! It was on my bucket list before we had kids too and I was able to check it off!!! I Paris! Take the train out to Versailles if you can! I'm so excited for you!!!!

9. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@QBbride: I actually have my own BP cuff and I check it daily, it's been really good lately! I see the doc next Friday so I'll see what they say

10. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@mrsjyw: That sounds awesome to me!

11. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

I was researching when the third tri begins and the answer ranges from week 26-28. Since I am 27w2d, I am going to consider myself in the 3rd tri.

12. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@LindsayInNY: Yes! Good luck! I'm sure you will be fine.

@angelachase: PARIS! we went last year! So jealous, what a perfect place to have a babymoon! Enjoy

@simplyfelicity: haha me too! Can you believe it??? I feel like time is flying by!

13. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@angelachase: omg amazing! One of my friends did France as a "babymoon" and said it was perfect! @mrsjyw: I like when the fates intervene to give us vacation haha I love it!

@Mrs. Pickles: hopefully your bp stays low! How often are they asking you to check it??

@LindsayInNY: mine is on tuesday! I didn't have gd last time but this baby loves all the carbs !

14. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

My unborn son already has more clothes than me and we haven't had the showers yet. This isn't even all of it.

15. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

Have you guys started to think about your plans for labor yet? I am trying to decide on whether it's worth it to hire a doula. They're sooooo expensive!

16. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@simplyfelicity: everything looks so cute! And so teeny weeny! I'm so torn about what sizes to get bc my Lo was in newborn forevvvvvvvver and it wrecked all my season specific buying lol.

@angelachase: I've become obsessed lately with reading birth stories and stalking the April labour board lol. I didn't have a doula last time and won't this time either, mostly because I don't have any specific things I want for the labor experience - are you thinking of going med free?

17. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

Is anyone thinking about getting an angel care movement/breathing monitor? I needed one as a baby as I had apnea/would forget to breath so I am definitely getting one. We have a video (FOSCAM) video monitor already so I will only need the sound/alert one. Canadian bees - its currently on sale at BRU

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=34622346

@simplyfelicity: Yes! So.Much.Clothes!

Surgery is set for tomorrow morning. Please send vibes for me and little man. Ready to get this over with.

18. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Reese: I've been thinning about you!! Sending positive vibes and please update us when you can.

Our Motorola video monitor recently kicked the bucket and I just ordered a double video monitor (Motorola) off amazon.

@angelachase: no I haven't really thought much about a birth plan. Last time my water broke at 38+6 and I was induced at 39 weeks (I was hoping that my water wouldn't break first since I didn't want to be induced). I was hoping to go med-free (I didnt!). I didn't have a birth plan as much as preferences. I think the only thing I didn't really consider last time was if baby went to the NICU, I'd want DH to go with baby and which interventions I was comfortable with. Having said that I work in the NICU at the hospital I delivered at so I think my co-workers would have known what I would want. I had a midwife last time (same team this time) and I didn't feel like I needed a doula since they were very hands-on and supportive. They're expensive but a lot of people say they're soo worth it, I think it depends on what you're hoping for (ie med free delivery etc)

@simplyfelicity: those clothes are so cute!!

19. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

It's going to be a cold babymoon! Well to me anyway!

20. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@angelachase: My birth plan is pretty simple:
    1. Heck yes to epidural
    2. Instant skin to skin
    3. Delayed cord clamping
    4. Tear naturally and no cutting

But we'll see what happens.

21. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@fuzzypeaches: @QBbride: @simplyfelicity: Yeah I am not going to write an actual birth plan per se but I do have some preferences. We are taking Bradley method classes and my hope is to be med-free. I got in touch with some doulas over the weekend because I keep hearing such great things!

22. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Reese: Good luck for tomorrow

23. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: Just saw the part about your surgery. Thinking of you...I know you will do great and it'll be so nice to have it behind you. Wishing you peace!

24. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Reese: good luck!! Thinking about you!

@simplyfelicity: looks so pretty! Hope you're having. A great time!!!

@QBbride: mine did revcently as well! Motorola sent us a new one (but single :s) - do you still have your original reciept? They were surprisingly helpful!

25. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Reese: sending prayers and good wishes your way!!

26. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@fuzzypeaches: no I can't find it anywhere! Which is super weird since I bought it online but i can't see it in my email. I've heard of a lot of people's dying so I was nervous to get another one... but the night vision is so good and I like a lot of the features!! I bought the monitor 2 years ago so I didn't think it would be covered anyway. You must have bought yours around the same time though! Damn!!

27. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@angelachase: Whoa, that's awesome!! Super jealous! As for the birth plan, mine is a schedule c-sec, so it's pretty straight forward

@simplyfelicity: Yay third tri!!!!

@Reese: We had one with DS1 that we will be using again. It definitely will set off a few false alarms that will scare the heck out of you, so be warned! Still worth it to me.

28. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@angelachase: my birth plan is the same as for DS1 - hell yes to the epidural! And let's get this kiddo born in the safest way possible - even if that means a c-section. I feel that, for me, going in without a plan (except that the epidural is a must!) helped me relax and let my body sort of do its thing. I was induced at 37 weeks and the whole entire labor was less than 9 hours start to finish. No extra monitoring, a small tear, and we were done.
    This time I'm more concerned about what I'm going to do with DS1 during labor!

29. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

Has anyone else found themselves still very emotional even well into the second trimester, or approaching the third? I'm a mess! Last week DH upset me over something silly and even after we talked it out, I sobbed for a solid 15 more minutes. And I often find myself in a funk and just not my normal self. or I find myself in just an awful mood for no good reason.

30. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Candy_nee: I'm not extra emotional, per se, but I still have the ridiculous exhaustion and nausea from the first trimester. Ugh. This pregnancy is no joke!

31. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Candy_nee: I am unexpectedly emotional about little things too! It could be stress but I am chalking it up to pregnancy hormones. I feel like crying over dumb things like sappy commercials or a team losing in March madness even if I was rooting against them. Post partum hormones should be fun this time around!

32. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Candy_nee: I actually posted about the exact same thing last week! DH said something and I was crushed and so hurt. He apologized a ton and I still fell asleep crying. The next day, I cried a lot at work about it. We talked again, he got me flowers. All is well. I am an emotional/sensitive person by nature but I can still be level-headed about things. Yeah...not so much right now. Thankfully, DH is really sweet.
    Also, that's kind of my birth plan. If it gets him here safely, I can't ask for much else.

33. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MamaCate: I started crying when I saw a pic of my niece (she had just had a CT scan and, thankfully, all is well.)

34. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Candy_nee: Yes! I watched Call the Midwife last night and was so emotional/scared while watching it. It was much more fun to watch when I didn't have a baby in my belly.

@ValentineMommy: Same here. Nowhere near as bad as I was for the first 15 or so weeks but I still have periods of intense nausea every day, that golden second trimester is just a joke!

@simplyfelicity: So glad your niece is okay, that must have been scary!

35. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

I don't know if you all remember our immigration/moving issues but they are far from being sorted. I won't bore you all with the details but whatever decision we make will likely involve risk and chance either way. Feeling very stressed about it all just now. Our options are to either stay put and hope I don't deliver before my due date when hopefully health insurance will kick in, or move back to England when I am 35 weeks to live with my inlaws. Because we have been away for so long, there is no guarantee the NHS would pay for delivery there either. It would be up to the individual hospital. I wish I had a crystal ball and could see into the future to find out which decision would be the best one. In the mean time we are trying to get quotes for delivery in Canada, contact gps in England to see how they would handle us (charge or not) and pray we get our Canadian visas at the end of the week to give us the choice.

36. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@Reese: sending you good vibes and hoping all goes well!@travelgirl1: here's to hoping your situation sorts out well for you and your family!

so I forgot that my dr.'s office was in the camp of no news = good news, so after 4 weeks of waiting my GD tests were good yay I was stressed about it for nothing

37. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@travelgirl1: oh my gosh! So stressful. I think I would just stay in Canada if there is a risk you have to pay for the delivery either way. Hopefully you get your visas sorted so it's one less thing to stress about.

@Reese: hope today has gone well for you

38. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@ValentineMommy: @MamaCate: @simplyfelicity: @travelgirl1: so glad it's not just me ladies! Lol. It's almost funny how ridiculous it's been.

39. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

Hi all, thanks for the well wishes and thoughts. Surgery went well. I am having a bit of bleeding now but overall I am just glad it is over and I can move on with my pregnancy. I have the follow up in 2 weeks to get the results but the surgeon said it didn't look suspicious (although still was the type that had to be removed anyway because of its continued growth). All of the nurses were amazing and took very good care of me. Ready to put this all behind me. Thank you for your support

40. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@travelgirl1: Oh no! what a predicament to be in. If you go after your due date then OHIP will cover it? Is this a timing thing? Was A early? late? Sorry you are going through such a stressful situation.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee