Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: Congrats on the good GD test! I am sure it was a relief.

2. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@Reese: so glad everything went well!

3. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@angelachase: sooo jealous. DD1 was conceived in Paris after a year of TTC....it is now my new favorite place in the world. Drink lots of cafe au laits and have lots of pain au chocolat!!!

4. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Reese: So pleased to hear your surgery is over!
    Well, we are hoping to get back down to the border on Friday (waiting on the results of DH's medical, we went to the border last Wednesday and were refused work permits because of this) and if we are successful this time I would get OHIP bang on my due date. With A I had a c section at 40+1. My mum went overdue with all four of her pregnancies, my sisters all did too. Not sure of family history has any bearing on it but it gives me hope. I did have placenta previa at my 18 week scan though and the dr said yo gave another scan at 30 weeks to see if it had moved. If it has we have more chance of going full term but if not they may not let me go that far. It's all a guessing game at the moment. Damn the three month OHIP waiting period!

5. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@travelgirl1: Oh dear. What unnecessary stress. At least you will have more answers at 30 weeks. How far along are you now? I think your history as well as your family history sounds pretty hopeful!

6. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Reese: 26.5 weeks. We'll figure it out

7. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@Reese: I'm glad your surgery is behind you. Hope you heal quickly!

@travelgirl1: sounds so stressful... it'll work out though!

All the babymoons sound amazing! We weren't planning to do one, but there's a small chance we might go somewhere in May or June. I don't even care where, I just want DS to have a good time. He loved our vacation last year, and I'll be so sad if he doesn't get one this summer!

8. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@travelgirl1: Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to read about this...I can't imagine what kind of stress that is. I hope you hear about your visas soon!!!

@Reese: So glad your surgery went well and you can move on. Prayers for a speedy recovery!

@Mama Bird: I hope you get your vacation!!!

9. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

Catching up after our babymoon this past weekend!

@fuzzypeaches: Cannes isn't all thaaat glamorous. It was nice to get away though! And my belly button is still an innie. I'm scared! Are there any warning signs if it's about to pop? Does it just happen overnight?

@simplyfelicity: omg! Be careful! lol. I totally had DH paint my toenails last week! He did a pretty good job!

@angelachase: awesome! Enjoy! As for labor plans....I guess I'm just going into it w/ an open mind. The clinic never called me back about my classes/tour So I need to call them today or tomorrow. I'm annoyed they haven't called me back. I think the way it's done here is you get midwives usually, and some doctors include delivery. My doctor will deliver for me, but my friend said she would have had to pay hers extra for delivery! I don't think I will get a doula though, but who knows!? I *think* the clinic I will deliver at provides after care at home. Guess I'll know more if I ever get to take the tour!

Oh, and pretty sure I'm gonna want some drugs!

@mrsjyw: That is totally awesome about South Beach!

@simplyfelicity: I know, I keep getting confused b/c on IG, there are lots of girls w/ #25weeks #thirdtrimester, and I'm like "huh?!" According to the thing online I've been following, it says my third starts at 28 weeks, which is April 28. Yikes to all that snow!

@Candy_nee: I am super-surprisingly not as emotional as I thought I'd be during pregnancy. Even DH said so. I feel more stable! Maybe b/c I was so down/depressed with dealing with IF, guess I'm just happier now! I will still tear up a little once in a while at dumb stuff on TV though!

@travelgirl1: Sorry you are dealing with all the extra stress, that really sucks!

@Reese: So glad to hear your surgery went well! xoxo

10. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

And now for my actual update!

Cannes was pretty good! It took us forrreevverrr to drive up there. We stayed in an historic fancy-shmancy hotel, but we weren't all *that* impressed with it. Um...and I had 1 bottle of water from the mini-bar, and it was 11 bucks!! Can you freakin' believe that!? The weather was pretty good mostly, but I didn't get to lay out in a bathing suit or anything. It was great to get away though! Here's some pics below.

Also, 25 weeks today! Woo hoo! Feeling pretty good. It's super cold and windy today, so that has me kind of irritated, but hopefully the weather will improve later this week. (My mood/activity level depends greatly on how good the weather is!)

Anyone know what they are giving for party favors and/or game prizes for their shower? I think we just decided on travel sized coconut shower gel/lotion in a little pack that says "From my shower to yours" as the favors, and for prizes, other beachy/tropical full sized bath products. (Shower is beach themed!) I thought my MIL was going to be taking care of all this, but she seems stressed out about the whole shower process, so DH and I just decided to take care of it. Whatevs!

11. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Your trip looks amazing and so do you! Love the Easter Egg pic - adorable!!

12. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Mama Bird: @ValentineMommy: @TheSwissWifeStyle: Thanks guys. It is so stressful, seriously. But we should have some answers soon.

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Love those pics!

13. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: Glad to hear everything went well and you can move forward.
    @travelgirl1: I can't imagine the stress but you are handling it so well!
    @TheSwissWifeStyle: Super cute! Glad you had a great time and I love the idea for your favors.

14. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: tee hee Easter egg belly is adorable

15. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

anyone else starting to get amped up? I was thinking only 3mo to go!!
    I think it's probably because a girl I know with my due date just had her tiny twins yesterday
    Holy moly I'm not prepared for two lol

16. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: LOVE the pics! Looks like a great time. The Easter belly pic is uber cute. My mom and aunt are organizing my shower but I'm pretty sure one of my BFFs who is a pastry chef is making edible favors (she helped with the dessert table for my bridal shower)

@Mrs. Pickles: can you believe it! I feel nesting mode creeping in. I look around in panic at all the things that aren't "done" yet. Like allocating a cupboard for the babies stuff (bottles, kitchen stuff.. Etc) oh dear!

17. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@Tidybee: Conceiving baby in Paris.....just like Beyonce

@Reese: So glad everything went well!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Oh man, I'm impressed that you're even thinking about things like shower prizes. I'm still working on painting the nursery......!

@Mrs. Pickles: I feel the same way! Our babymoon is a week away, then the weekend after that is my shower, and then I'll be 30 weeks and it's SERIOUSLY time to get ready!!

18. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@travelgirl1: I have the same thing! Go back the first week in May for another scan. I will be praying for both of us!

19. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@Reese: we have one. I got it with DS. I don't use the breathing monitor since he's 2 now. So my plan is to get just a voice and video for his room and moving the angle care to baby room. It gave me a lot of peace of mind.

20. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@travelgirl1: omg that sounds horribly stressful Ohip is the worst! I'm hoping everything works out for you!

@Reese: so happy to see your update!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: ok the easter egg belly is the cutest thing everrrrr! Belly button wise it was gradual over the last few weeks (belly button was shallower and shallower then out!) I hate it! After last time my belly button is so saggy and stretched out even if I got my abs back I wouldn't feel right in a bikini because it's so weird looking.

21. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: I am not ready at all! After a total and epic fail with the toddler bed transition with LO, I'm rethinking my whole nursery plan and have to start from scratch! Thankfully I hadn't started doing anything yet, so it's mostly wasted brain waves lol. How are the little twins doing?! So early!

AFM:apparently my iron is super low and they want to do an infusion since I haven't responded to the pills! I think it's probably why I've been having such a rough pregnancy, I convinced him to let me try 2 more weeks of high dose oral first but he's setting it up just in case :s

Has anyone had to do an infusion? My research says it hurts a lot!

22. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@fuzzypeaches: for the iron infusion, are you just getting it through an IV? I had to do it twice last summer. I've had chronic low iron for years. My body just can't seem to absorb or hold on to it. It didn't hurt at all. I just had to sit there for half an hour, on 2 different occasions. My iron was 17 before the infusions, and when I last had it checked weeks ago, it was still well up over 200, months later! So it's definitely worth it! I would do it ASAP because it can't take a week or 2 to totally take effect.

23. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: wait, so a girl you know who was due in July had her twins already? Are they ok?

OMG, I actually slept through the whole night last night! What a treat

24. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Officially third trimester and 84 days to go!!! Ahhh!

How many more days for everyone?

25. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@simplyfelicity: 104 for me! Can't wait to get under 100!

Oh and finally got my appointment for the clinic tour! Saturday, woo hoo! The lady I talked to on the phone was much nicer than who I spoke to before. Can't wait!

26. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: um I am nowhere near ready! I mean we have most of the big stuff since it's our second. But the nursery is still a guest room, it still needs to be painted and decorated. I have the bedding and like 2 things to hang on the wall, but no dresser or glider (we're selling our crap one from DS1). Not to mention, mentally I still can't believe I'm almost in my third trimester! This pregnancy has flown by at warp speed and I am not prepared!

27. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: Yes!!! I keep telling DH that there isn't a lot of time left and he kinda just ignores me at this point lol. It's going to come quickly though!!

@Reese: I've been thinking/wondering the same thing. I have NO idea where all these bottles and things are going to go with DS's toddler plates and cups and whatnot. I'm going to need a bigger kitchen lol

@simplyfelicity: Ahhh! I can't wait for the third trimester! I'm juuuust reaching the point of viability tomorrow at 24 weeks. Since I'll be having a scheduled c-sec, I have approx 106 days left (I took a week off since they do it around 39 weeks). Can you tell I'm getting antsy? I feel like time was really picking up, but now it's starting to go slooooow. I might just have spring fever lol

28. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

Guys, today has been seriously awful . We are all set to go to the border to try get our visas tomorrow and DH's medical info has come through and has been sent to immigration, which is what we were waiting for. I had been trying to get an OB appointment for next week, once we have the answer on our visa. So my doctor's receptionist rang today and said a dr there has decided (not my actual doctor, a male one) that they will not let me make another appointment until I give them $2,500 as a deposit for their time at my delivery. Never mind the fact I have placenta previa so they probably won't be doing my delivery anyway. I was so upset because the reason I wanted to give birth in Canada is that I love my doctor, but her colleague has decided that the most important thing is this deposit. I pay upfront (because of no health coverage) for every single appointment and test. I was not asking for a freebie. I just felt like this showed absolutely no compassion at all, that checking my health and my baby's health is of no importance. I have thyroid issues that need regularly checking, I cannot believe I'm not even allowed to make an appointment! The receptionist was lovely and recommended emailing my actual doctor, which i will do once we have been to the border tomorrow.
    On the plus side, I have managed to find our that we probably would be covered in the UK, so if we have to go home it should be okay.
    Hope you are all having a better day!

29. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@travelgirl1: Oh my gosh, that sounds so stressful. I am sorry you are dealing with this--seems like you are being pulled in so many different directions. Is it typical to pay up front for a delivery in Canada? We usually pay after the fact. Are you feeling like you would rather stay in Canada or go to England? Hoping your day looks up!

30. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@ValentineMommy: Yay for viability! I really hope time doesn't start slowing down...it's been flying so far but I am starting to get uncomfortable (I know it's just the beginning. ) We are at the end of the school year which usually goes by fast and I hope it keeps flying.

31. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Anyone getting maternity pics? I normally am not into having my picture taken but a good friend of mine said she would do it. Plus, it's been a bit of a road to our little man, so it's just another way to celebrate.

32. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: they aren't on CPAP anymore just nasal cannula so that is a positive, I can't believe it though they were 25wks 2 days when born... she went into labor at 21wks so was on bedrest until they couldn't prevent it anymore. It's amazing what modern medicine can do!

Glad I'm not the only one who isn't ready !!! Also, had to buy a new infant seat and big brother seat yay for carseat expirations!

@travelgirl1: air hugs!

33. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: wow that is crazy, so glad they are ok!

34. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@travelgirl1: sorry, that sucks

@simplyfelicity: Yup. Scheduled a maternity shoot for June 20!

35. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@simplyfelicity: It's not typical to pay at all because most people have OHIP. I think when do have to pay for big procedures, it's a combo of paying a chunk upfront and then the balance afterwards. In this case, I have to pay for regular appointments and tests upfront, which is fine. I'm just upset because he won't let me even book an appointment unless I pay a deposit on a hypothetical vaginal delivery. It's like his cash comes first and he has no regard for patients' health at all. It seriously makes me want to switch doctors practices altogether, and I love my actual doctor but this guy makes me hate the whole thing. Midwifery care would be free, I would look into that if I didn't have the previa issue. I am praying so hard that placenta moves!

36. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: @TheSwissWifeStyle: Thank you

37. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@travelgirl1: so terrible! Definitely email your doctor, maybe they will be more compassionate. Sorry you are dealing with this along with all the other stress!!

@simplyfelicity: normally we don't pay up front for delivery in Canada because we don't pay at all!! Normally it is 100% covered because of our universal health care. No not doing maternity photos. I didn't do them last time either. I'm sure yours with be beautiful! You gotta share a few!!

@Mrs. Pickles: that's amazing they aren't even on CPAP anymore!! I'm a NICU nurse so all things NICU interest me that really is amazing for a singleton 25 weeker, let alone twins!! (Usually they are at least a week "behind" singletons)

38. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: ah! The Easter egg pic is sooooo cute!

39. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@travelgirl1: oh man...I'm so sorry you're dealing with this! I'm praying for you that your placenta moves too! Hopefully everything can get sorted out soon! hugs!

40. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@simplyfelicity: 106 for me! I'm finally starting to feel large and unwieldy. I had to go buy a new pair of leggings today because my old ones don't fit anymore.

We had a good babymoon in Vegas this past weekend. Ate lots of good food and watched "O"! DH surprised me with an upgrade to a suite at the Aria and it was so nice! I'm a sucker for nice hotels!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee