Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I'm doing my GD test today too!! I think it's just the one-hour test and no fasting. I wasn't thinking and ate a drumstick last night haha!! Fingers crossed I pass or I will be extremely miserable. We're not moved out yet - we have to be out in just under 2 weeks. And of course we can't pack anything up quite yet. Totally stressed!!

@MamaCate: fingers crossed this offer is accepted for you guys! Good thing you have a few good options! Keep us posted.

@simplyfelicity: I'm glad everything is good with baby boy! And he is already so advanced, what a smart baby!!

2. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Thanks, all! To top it off, I am sick and accidentally got a substitute and went to a training 20 min away that was actually yesterday . I am all kinds of out of it. Luckily, my school was really nice about it.

@QBbride: That does give me some peace. I can't remember that they are called but she said it has to do with how quickly his heart rate can rise and fall. Am I even close, haha?

To be honest, I think I am struggling a bit with believing this could really be real and something isn't going to happen. I know most of you know this but losses can really mess with your head.

3. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@fuzzypeaches: @QBbride: Good luck at the HD test! It's such a relief to pass.

4. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MamaCate: Fingers crossed you get this house!

5. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

So I rarely have caffeine this pregnancy because it totally cracks me out. Well last night I slept like complete crap and really needed it today so I had a coke (regular although I would have preferred a diet). Well apparently this little dude is enjoying it bc he is going crazy in my belly.. I can even see it from the outside which I haven't seen yet.. It's pretty cool.

6. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I've somehow managed to gain almost 20 pounds now, even feeling this way! I think I gained more with DS1 by now, so that's good at least!

@Mrs. Pickles: My newborn slept well, so I am totally not used to this! I start work (at my desk) by 6am, so I am totally crabby today lol. I can not work under these conditions! haha

@simplyfelicity: Hugs. I still feel this way. I struggle with believing it's real and that he's going to be ok. It's hard.

@Candy_nee: How fun! I can't wait to see this baby from the outside!

7. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@simplyfelicity: so scary!! I'm glad your little guy is okay...well, even better than okay! I keep waiting for the bad news with this one too....loss really does take away the innocent joy in this.

8. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Tidybee: @ValentineMommy: I hate that we feel this way but, somehow, feel better knowing I am not alone.

9. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@simplyfelicity: glad they made you feel good about going in: the first of many great choices you have made for baby's health!

10. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

Checking in. 27 weeks. It's a BOY (found out at cake reveal on easter. ) head is down. And I go in for my fasting glucose test next week. I'm up 25 pounds which is the same total gain I had with my first. But then I loat 35 pounds after birth eventually so I guess it makes sense that I gain more to get to a similar state.

11. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@cvbee: Thank you and congratulations!!!

12. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

I went in for my glucose test yesterday afternoon. They told me not to fast but to avoid carbs and sugar so I ate eggs for breakfast and some cheese slices mid-morning. How long does it typically take to get results?

13. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Bluemasonjar: I had mine done on a Friday and they had the results when I called on Tuesday.

14. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@cvbee: Congratulations!!!

@Bluemasonjar: I got the results the next day. My MW said the same thing. I had peanut butter on toast, milk and a hard boiled egg. I passed.

@simplyfelicity: I have been such a worry wart. Especially after the surgery. Over analyzing if he is moving less. I swear I feel like a tug or a pressure around my belly button and I'm always convinced he is wrapping the cord around himself. I read an article about a baby that needed a limb amputated because of having the cord too tightly wrapped around that limb. Worrying about everything.. Don't even get me started on autism. DH is always so great when I bring up my paranoia. He just says. He is our son and we love him. Whatever happens, happens. Which puts my crazy hypothetical situations in check.

15. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: My husband has said the same thing! He was great at L&D last night. He didn't understand exactly why we were there but he said it was worth it if it gave me peace.

Sorry you are dealing with uncertainty too, you are so not alone. It's hard not to worry but I am told this is just the beginning--it's what happens when you are a mom.

16. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@QBbride: @Bluemasonjar: it was disgusting! I'm going to stalk my blood results online tomorrow

@Candy_nee: I love when that happens! also when I eat too much ice cream!

@simplyfelicity: @Reese: I think it's totally natural to feel that way... but think of it as just the beginning of all the worrying you will have to do I've been like this too! For some reason I am worried about spina bifida. I have no idea why, I think one of my friends' babies had a sacral dimple and i've been thinking about it ever since!

@ValentineMommy: ugh. I think I'm more like 25lbs :s (i.e. 5 more lbs than at DS delivery! gah)

@cvbee: congrats on your baby boy! how did the reveal go??

17. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I just stalked my results online and I majorly failed the 1-hour test. It was 8.6. Wahhhh. I could cry. Hopefully it's a false positive and I'll pass the two hour test. My ferritin is also only 5 (which is what it was at the end of being pregnant with my son) and my WBC are elevated, probably because I've been sick for 4 freaking months. Wahhhhhhhhhh.

18. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@QBbride: oh no!! did you have GD with your LO? I'll cross my fingers for your two hour! I can't believe you have to drink that stuff again blech

I didn't think it would be ready yet but you inspired me to check and I passed! Phew! But my Hb is still abysmal (89!)

19. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@simplyfelicity: glad everything is ok!! I and definitely hear you about still not believing it sometimes. I don't think I will 100% believe it til they lay him on my chest.

@ValentineMommy: I still feel like my little man's movements are pretty low too. I keep wondering when I'm going to feel the "Kick in the ribs" that everyone talks about. Sometimes I feel like he's kicking my ass...literally! Like I feel it in my a-hole. lol

@fuzzypeaches: I had my glucose test yesterday too! Luckily they let me go home in between. (It was a 2 hour wait.) The drink was nasty! I didn't get a bottle of orange stuff like I see online. It was just water with a sugar solution at the bottom. I had to keep stirring it to keep it mixed. Yick, so gross.

@cvbee: Congrats on your boy!

20. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

As for me, like I said above, had my glucose test yesterday at 26 weeks. They just said no call=good news. So I assume if I don't get a call today, I passed. Also checked my iron and blood clotting, to make sure the blood thinners aren't thinning me out too much.

Didn't think I'd see the doc yesterday, since I had gone in for the cramps and stuff on April 1, but I did. It was short but we did take a look at bub. He was in a much better position this time for picture taking! I am totally in love, and I think he is just the cutest thing already! I really want July to come now!

21. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@simplyfelicity: oh my goodness, that sounds so scary, I'm so glad you and baby boy are okay!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Awwww, what a cute little baby!

@cvbee: Congratulations!

22. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@fuzzypeaches: @MamaCate: thanks So far no one has given us any pricing other than one night in hospital is $1,500.
    But, I emailed my doctor last night (not the one who was mean last week, my actual doctor) and she replied at 5am with a lovely, detailed response. She gave several options and is going to find out about them all and get back to me. She said she would be happy to see me at OHIP rates ($35) a visit but the hospital charges a visit rate of $350 each time, which she is going yo ask her boss if we can waive. So OHIP rates are $35 and I have been charged $60-80 each time. That shows you how much they amp up the rates if you don't have OHIP, which is disgusting. Thank goodness my doctor is an actual human being!

23. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@fuzzypeaches: no I didn't have it last time! I just did the two hour last time and I passed with flying colours. I know the 1-hour test has a lot of false positives but it seems too high to be a false positive, you know?

24. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: what a perfect little picture! Such a cutie!

25. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I had the water with sugar last time! But the Orange one this time - both disgusting :s

@QBbride: oh I hope not pregnancy with carb restriction would be so hard!

@travelgirl1: hopefully they can make it as affordable as possible! I didn't realize they inflated the rates so much!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: adorbs! I wish I had another ultrasound!!

26. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I just talked to someone who had the and number as me and she passed the 2-hour test. So fingers crossed!!!

27. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@travelgirl1: wow! I had no idea about the non-OHIP costs. It sounds like you have a really awesome doctor - definitely a bonus!

28. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@Reese: I'm right there with you.. I feel like this time around I'm much more worrisome about every little thing.

Like my friend said one day at a time

@QBbride: here's to hoping your 2 hour is successful!!!!

29. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@travelgirl1: I'm so glad things are looking up!

@Candy_nee: I get this when I eat chocolate I can see it from the outside too, looks so funny!

@QBbride: oh no, I'm sorry! Good luck on the two hour test!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: what a cutie!

30. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: He's beautiful! @QBbride: Oh no, hope you pass the 2 hour!
    @fuzzypeaches: You are are probably right. You only gained 20 lbs total with your DS?!

31. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@simplyfelicity: I did! And I ate whatever I wanted, it was glorious lol.

32. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@simplyfelicity: You're definitely not alone

@cvbee: Congrats!!

@QBbride: oh no!!! At least your next step is the 2 hour and not the 3 hour....but that stinks!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I totally feel you....I definitely feel kicks in my, ahem, lady bits. It seriously feels like he's going to poke out of there sometimes. He better not! lol those are GREAT pics! What a little sweetheart!!!

@fuzzypeaches: damn - only 20 pounds?!? I gained almost 50 (and had a 9 pound baby). I'm hoping not to have a repeat of that weight gain lol

33. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Also, I'd just like to say, F#*@ pregnancy insomnia. Seriously. It's the worst. I think I slept a total of 5 minutes last night.

34. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@ValentineMommy: it totally does suck, I hope you get some rest soon. This time hasn't bothered me as much as with my first pregnancy though. These days as long as I am lying still with my eyes closed and no one crawling all over me then I'm happy

35. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Reese: Yeah the non-OHIP costs are seriously scandalous. I haven't had a check-up for almost three months because of this row over whether my dr surgery will see me anymore. I have emailed my mp, mmp and several groups in the city that have funding for non-insured though, so we will see what that yields while my doctor sees if they can waive any of the admin fees attached to her practice.

36. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@simplyfelicity: Hugs to you! It is so hard to have the loss carried with you and come out in different ways throughout the pregnancy, isn't it?

@TheSwissWifeStyle: what a cutie pie! so glad things are looking good!

@QBbride: sorry about your results! i know there are lots of false positives for the 1 hour so hopefully you can get through the 2 hour and be cleared!

@ValentineMommy: yes to the insomnia! night before last i swear i was awake most of 3-5:30 am and then just gave up and got up to work out. i know some of it is stress but still, it's ridiculous! hope you get some sleep soon--i wish i had some advice!

37. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

As for me, 1 hour glucose test today so I have to remember not to have any juice with breakfast. Bringing my work laptop to try to be productive while I am hanging out since I am up against some deadline. Baby is definitely getting stronger and kicking a ton!

And in other news, our offer on our house was finally accepted! We are so excited, but still in the thick of it with inspections and appraisals for the current house and the new house this next week or two. This process is ridiculous, but I am hoping the worst will be over soon! Thanks for all the good wishes sent our way!

38. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@MamaCate: congrats on the accepted offer!

39. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@travelgirl1: I think I was delirious I was so tired too! I kept thinking, "was I just asleep? Have I been awake this whole time?!?" Pretty sure I'm losing my marbles lol.

@MamaCate: I can't imagine how I'm not sleeping - I'm still on the Diclegis (unisom) meds and normally I go right out! It's so frustrating! Hopefully this is not a daily occurrence. Congrats on the accepted offer!!!!!

40. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

Just reading up on everyone's progress. Can't believe we are on the down-hill slope! Some of us only have 10 weeks to go! Crazy!

I did my Glucose test on Tuesday see the OB tomorrow and hope to get the results. I hope I pass the 1 hour. I didn't with LO#1 and had to do the 3 hour which was awful!

Anyone else experiencing a lot of pain in the lady region? Like the feeling of riding a bike for a really long time. Some days it hurts so bad I can hardly walk. I'm going to talk to OB tomorrow about it.

Anyone lock in their names? We have the first name but are stuck on the middle name.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee