Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@simplyfelicity: awesome news on the baby and the placenta. I still have 2 more weeks to wait before we do another ultrasound to check on my placenta.

2. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

Hey girls! I passed my GD test this week too. Sooooo glad about that. I had been sleeping really badly (and sometimes still do) but I've been sleeping in the side-lying position they taught us in my Bradley class and that's been helping a lot.

I am with you guys on having some anxiety. I've had a very calm pregnancy so far, not catching myself worrying a lot, but lately I have also been worrying about if she's moving enough, etc. I feel like I have recently heard a number of stories of late-term pregnancy loss and it's got me feeling scared.

We're off to our babymoon in France today!

3. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@angelachase: Congrats on passing-- such a relief! I am going to have to look up that sleeping method.
    I am in that boat with you, too. I worry about later losses etc...they keep showing up in my Facebook newsfeed or women who died during childbirth. So not helpful.
    Somehow, it makes me feel better I am not the only one freaking out...
    Anyway, enjoy your trip, it sounds absolutely amazing!!!

4. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MamaCate: Congrats on the house-- so exciting!!!

5. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@turkeylurkey: Thanks! Seems pretty common for it to move up and out of the way so hopefully you will be in the clear soon.
    I haven't had much pain but I seriously feel like baby boy is constantly kicking me in the butt and vag. Like all. the. time.

6. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@ValentineMommy: Sorry you aren't sleeping. I had one of those nights too where I don't think I slept at all but was like half-asleep or something. I am still on diceglis, too.

7. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@simplyfelicity: Yes, I've seemingly heard a bunch of stories in the past week of women who lost their babies late in pregnancy. I am finding myself constantly checking and worrying if she's moving enough, even though I KNOW that throughout my whole pregnancy she will go through long quiet periods and then a few very busy periods and that she is almost certainly fine. It is so so so unlikely, but the random chance that you could be the terribly unlucky one feels so scary. But, isn't that the way of motherhood, I guess? You have to get okay with the fact that SOMETHING could always happen (but probably won't).

8. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@angelachase: YES! You absolutely captured how I feel. I like this quote...

9. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@turkeylurkey: I get sharp pains in my lady parts, like REALLY sharp and short. They're so uncomfortable.

@simplyfelicity: I'm basically asleep right now, as I type this at my desk lol

10. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@MamaCate: Congrats on the house!

@angelachase: Exciting! Hope you have a lovely time!

@turkeylurkey: I bad pain around my public bone, so uncomfortable! We are nowhere near decided on names. We have nothing at all.

11. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@travelgirl1: @ValentineMommy: Yes that's the type pain I'm talking about. I can't figure out if its' the way I'm sleeping, sitting, walking etc.
    @angelachase: enjoy France this weekend. So jealous

12. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

So this is happening right now...
    Had some twinginess/dull pain all day so my dr sent me to have a non stress test done. Good news is no contractions and DS sounds great and happy in there. My BP is a little high, so they think it may be stress.

13. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@angelachase: congrats on passing! What a relief!!

@Candy_nee: oh no! Glad to hear baby is doing OK. Hope you're feeling better.

14. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Candy_nee: Oh no! Glad to hear he is ok!

15. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

A flooring guy (who I have never met but my MIL hires all the time) just stopped by the house and said, "so you got PG." To which I responded, " I'm sorry?" He then patted his belly while pointing at me. I don't know why but the way he said it totally rubbed me the wrong way. I felt like he was saying "eh, so you got knocked up...go figure."

16. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@Reese: @simplyfelicity: thanks girls. I'm on modified bed rest now through at least Monday. Should be interesting with a very active 2 year old.
    @simplyfelicity: yeah that would have pissed me off too! Why do people think it's ok to say whatever they want to pregnant people??

17. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Candy_nee: yikes! I'm glad you got checked out and that baby boy is doing well.

18. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@MamaCate: Hope everything goes smoothly with all the house stuff!

@turkeylurkey: Yup, we've had our name locked in for a while. Landon Kingsley!

@angelachase: Have an amazing time in France! Hey, you're in my time zone now! Hope all the traveling goes smoothly for you!

@Candy_nee: oh no! Glad that baby is ok. Hope the rest is just what you need!

19. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Candy_nee: So glad you guys are okay! Enjoy the rest, hope your toddler cooperates

20. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@Candy_nee: Oh boo! Try to get some rest!
    @simplyfelicity: I hate the comments all the time. I'm so big that people keep saying are you sure you're due in July? No I just picked a date out of thin air!

On another note... I passed my 1 hr glucose! I'm so excited because I didn't the last pregnancy and had to do the 3 hour! Yuck. Now just have to wait 2 more weeks until I get to do the ultrasound to look at placenta and umbilical cord. Please pray that it self corrects!

21. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

I've been reading along and following, yay for successful surgeries and glucose tests! Congrats on all the anatomy scans as well!

Hope everyone has a great time on their babymoons!

@Candy_nee: so glad you and baby are ok!

@travelgirl1: yay visa!!!!

@simplyfelicity: sorry for your scare! so glad baby boy is ok!

@turkeylurkey: prayers it corrects itself soon!!

AFM, I am starting to get my nesting on. Put away DS1's clothes, donated some, and slooowwwly but surely working on DS2's nursery.

As far as symptoms, lots of heartburn, on/off nausea, and small bladder syndrome. I swear I'm feeling 3rd trimester symptoms from last time super early. DS2 is very very low, and very very active!

I think my major thing I need to fix is that I forget that I'm pregnant, and then get frustrated when I can't keep up with my normal energy level, etc. I need to remind myself to take it easy. On a high note, I've made it back to the gym (just swimming laps!) and I feel better! I'm up 20 lbs though at just barely 26 weeks, so mama needs to slow her roll!

We leave for our babymoon in less than three weeks! Can't wait! Then we have my bro's wedding in NYC the following week which will be a fun time with extended family too!

After that, we'll be less than 8 weeks 'til baby 2! WHAT!?

Hope you are all well and your babies are growing strong and well

22. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@mrsjyw: Thanks and enjoy your babymoon!

23. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@angelachase: have a great time in France! Can't wait to hear about your trip when you get back!

@Candy_nee: Glad everything looks ok with baby and hope you can manage the bed rest. Will DH be around to help with LO?

@turkeylurkey: sounds like we are on the same schedule! I did my glucose test yesterday and have my second ultrasound in 2 weeks to make sure placenta moved up too. Fx for both of us!

24. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

As for me, I just got the call that I passed the glucose test! My OB said that they would call if there was a problem only, so I slightly panicked when I saw the caller ID. Such a relief!

My due date is 3 months from today. Can't believe how fast time is going!

25. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@Candy_nee: so glad babe is ok! I know those can be super scary

26. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

Thanks everyone! The baby and I are doing well today, just resting up. DS1 is with his grandparents for the day and DH is around all weekend to help. Luckily DS1 is all about some cuddles and hasn't noticed mommy can't pick him up.

27. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@mrsjyw: I hit a wall at 26 weeks (figuratively, not literally) and i couldn't understand why I was in so much pain, so exhausted and unable to keep up. I almost cried at yoga saying how I was starting to not like being pregnant. Which after fertility struggles and my miscarriages, I always swore I would LOVE being pregnant. And I do most of the time. On easter, I went for a long walk with DD and it was right after my DH said: you know you're pregnant but you're not acting like it. It was such an eye opener, and I let go of so much anger that this pregnancy wasn't going to be as easy as with DD and that it was okay to gain a little more or take a day off here and there, and not get every chore around the house done. I've really backed off my expectations of myself, and I now a much happier pregnant lady and I think it has translated into physically feeling better as well!

28. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

I've been keeping up here and there but spring has finally sprung so DD and I have spent so much time out and about. I'm going to miss it being just the two of us - she's totally my best bud in the entire world.
    I take my 1 hr glucose test on Monday. I am measuring a little larger (28 weeks at 26 weeks when last checked) so I'm a little nervous about pushing a big kid out!
    DH and I know what we're having but to the rest of the world, we're Team Green. We still picked out names for both boy and girl just to keep everyone guessing. So I'll throw them out to you too. DD1 is Cl@ire. We like classic, traditional, not common but not unheard of names. We're thinking for boy: Ryan Benjamin or Thomas James (after both of our grandfathers), and for girl: Anna May, Paige, or Maryn.

29. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@MamaCate: Yeah to passing! Let's try to keep each other sane over the next two weeks waiting on this ultrasound.
    @Tidybee: I too have cut way back from what I did during DS pregnancy. No yoga or long walks. My heart problem this go around coupled with nausea 24/7 has kept me from doing most things these days. But I passed my glucose test, weight for me is on track so can't be all that bad to take it easy!

30. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

Hi ladies and happy Friday! Great updates from everyone!

I still need to do my glucose test. I went to the dr yesterday and I'm at 20lbs/26 weeks. He said to slow down on the carbs. Sigh. I love carbs!! DH said he would cut down on carbs with me so that was nice...

We also took a tour of the L&D ward which was neat! I had DD in a different city at a different hospital so this hospital is new to me.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

31. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@MamaCate: congrats!!! I hope all the rest goes smoothly!

@Candy_nee: glad you're ok!

I've got my glucose test tomorrow. Yum. I pushed the appointment back because I had a stomach bug and couldn't deal with drinking that stuff, but now I've recovered and I'm so hungry in the mornings! Not sure I chose the lesser of two evils

32. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Bought my little guy his going home outfit! It's a newborn size but he was already 3.3 lbs at 28 weeks, so we'll see if it fits.

33. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@simplyfelicity: cute! I know, I'm so worried about all the NB sized clothing that I bought now. esp. since LO seems to be measuring big.

34. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@simplyfelicity: That is the cutest little outfit! I love it!

I have not bought one thing for this baby yet. Guess I need to get on that. It helps that we already have the big things from last time, like crib, breast pump etc but yeah, the kid's gonna need clothes

35. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@travelgirl1: haha I'm with you!! This poor kid will probably only get a new going home outfit and then live in his or her sister's clothes for a while since we have a lot of neutral stuff from being TG with DD. By now last time, we had the nursery set up and everything in stock. I'm dedicating two weeks from now (30 weeks pregnant) to get everything down from the attic and see what I still need.

36. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@simplyfelicity: adorable!!!

I was thinking about bringing DD2 home in DD1's coming home outfit...what do you think? Or should I get her her own special coming home outfit?

37. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Ginabean3: I love the idea of DD2 coming home in the same outfit! I wanted to do that too but since they're opposite genders I probably won't!

38. mrsjyw

@Ginabean3: great idea! I wanted to but realized ds wore a fleece sleeper home! (Nov baby!)

39. mrsjyw

@simplyfelicity: @TheSwissWifeStyle: ds1 was almost 9 lbs and we had no nb size clothing aside from his coming home sleeper. I had to run out and buy nb onesies and kimono tops (I highly recomend for boys w circumcision and also for their belly button healing). He wore them for about a month, but we still needed it! He was swimming in 0-3 / 3 month clothing that first month home!

40. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@mrsjyw: I know nothing about circumcision...do they do it at the hospital?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee