Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@simplyfelicity: They will ask you if you'd like it done. They usually do it the day following birth at our hospital. We had it done later in the day w my ob who delivered ds. We were not there for the procedure. Ds' healed correctly and sooner than I expected. I left the decision up to Dh because I didn't have strong feelings on it one way or another and he did. I don't regret the decision and will do so again w ds2. I would def make your preference known to your on beforehand if you know.

2. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@simplyfelicity: they did it at our hospital, but you may wanna check to see who will do it. Neither our pediatrician or my OB do them. Luckily our OB works with a ped who does all hers.
    @Ginabean3: I love that idea! I've thought of doing that with my boys, but I'm afraid DS2 will sweat his teeny booty off since DS1 was born in March and wore long sleeves and pants. I'm thinking of ordering the boys big/little bro shirts to wear when we bring #2 home.

3. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@Candy_nee: cuuute!!
    I thought about bringing the baby home in DD's outfit but then I realized if they looked alike and had the same outfit in 20 years I might not remember whose picture I'm looking at! And this one will be having so many hand me downs that I want to treat him or her to something new at least this one time.

4. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Candy_nee: I will check into that. Super cute outfits!

5. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Candy_nee: cute! You should def. get those

6. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@SIMPLYFELICITY, @REESE: Thanks, I didn't get a call from the nurse all week so I called the office on Friday to get the results and the good news is that I passed my glucose test! But they also told me that I need to supplement with an iron pill b/c my levels were a little low. Hopefully that is enough to fix it.

DH finally was able to feel the baby move last night. He was laying with his face on my stomach and the baby punched him right in the cheek. I just started seeing my stomach move regularly so baby is getting stronger.

We went to a 5 hour childbirth and labor class yesterday, it was hosted by one of the midwife's at my OBGYN practice. It was exactly what I needed. At this point I feel like I am as prepared as I can be!

7. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@Bluemasonjar: Great news!! I was told low/normal iron in pregnancy is normal. Like low on the normal scale (if that makes sense). They had me go on iron supplements when I went for surgery because of blood loss but I stopped taking it.

8. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

Just for the record - I think this glucose drink gets a bad rep! This is my second time taking it and I actually enjoy it hahaha! I guess because im a real sweets person but only ever drink water (soda or iced tea maybe once every 2 months or so...but I'd drink it every single day if it were healthier!) so this is like a treat.
    Baby is actually quite quiet in there despite the overdose of sugar. I guess my nightly ice cream has trained his or her sweet tooth well .

9. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Tidybee: yeah i really didn't think it was bad at all! The lab tech says you have to drink it in 5 minutes and she was surprised how fast I drank it. I don't think I would choose it every day but it is not bad.

10. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Tidybee: @MamaCate: While I didn't necessarily like it, I was expecting something much worse. I was afraid I would be fighting the urge to throw it up. It reminded me of very syrupy orange soda. Not too terrible.

11. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Just realized I have 6 weeks until my maternity leave...what the what?!?

12. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Congrats to everyone who passed their glucose test!! I still don't have mine for another few weeks.

@Candy_nee: cute!!

@simplyfelicity: Whoa!! I keep reminding DH how quickly it's going to come, since we haven't made much progress on the nursery. Sigh...men!

To those of you worrying about having a big baby and newborn clothes....if it makes you feel any better, DS1 was slightly over 9 pounds and he wore NB clothes for a month and a half!

13. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@Candy_nee: Those are the cutest!!!

@Tidybee: I thought it tasted pretty good too this time! Maybe because I was really thirsty.

14. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

one the newborn clothing line...
    my DS wore them for about 2months.. he was 8lbs 3oz

and then on the circumcision line, (definitely a personal choice/decision whatever works for you and your family)
    we had it done at the hospital, I didn't want to have to come back .. I was in the room and it took about 10min

15. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

Still having the weird aches/twinges. Called the office and they're having me go in on Wednesday for an ultrasound. She thinks it may be his position straining me. So that day I have that and my GD test. Wish me luck on both!

16. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Candy_nee: Good luck!! What are the aches feeling like? I'm having weird pains today and it's starting to concern me...though I'm pretty sure it's stress.

17. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@ValentineMommy: it varies from a dull ache, similar to a shin splint to a sharper tugging/pulling feeling. Mostly the lower right side of my belly. Originally they chalked it up to stress. And asked a million times if I was drinking enough water.
    If you're even a little worried, call your OB. that's my motto. Hope you feel better!!

18. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Candy_nee: Does it happen when you walk? I have pain in the same place but when I start walking, almost like a stitch, then it goes.

19. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@travelgirl1: no mine is sitting or laying. The walking one for you may be round ligament pain? That's what that particular one feels like for me.

20. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@ValentineMommy: i can't find a post that you made a little bit ago about buying a new carrier that is supposed to be more breathable. Can you remind me what it was called?

21. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@Candy_nee: that's worrisome! Good luck!

22. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: did he cry when it was done? (The circumcision.)

@Candy_nee: good luck!

Finally got some watermelon today!!!

23. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Candy_nee: Thanks! I definitely didn't drink a ton of water yesterday, but I did before bed and am feeling better this morning How are you feeling?

@Tidybee: It's called the Wrapsody Breeze. It's basically a wrap made of a gauzy material. I got it in and it's SOO much more breathable than my regular wraps.

As for the circumcision stuff, I'm not sure what the original question was, but my DS wasn't circumcised until 6m old. He had a "penile torsion", which I had never heard of before and the circumcision was the way to correct it, but they wanted to wait until he was a little more developed in case he somehow outgrew it. He had to be put under anesthesia to do it We were debating not doing it at all until he was born with the torsion.

24. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

How's everyone getting on with sleep? I think I am mostly just awake with my eyes closed most of the night, then need to get up to pee, then every time I turn over I get this searing pain around my public bone. Bed is not the cosy place it used to be anymore but, rest is rest so I'm not really complaining!

We're resuming trying to find a name this week

25. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@travelgirl1: I have good nights and bad nights. Last week was a bad week in general and I had insomnia. This week seems ok. I had no trouble falling asleep, but wake up a lot to pee and I have all sorts of weird vivid dreams that wake me.

26. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Candy_nee: glad you are getting checked out and hoping you feel better soon!

@travelgirl1: sleep has been very hit or miss for me. some decent nights (only one wakeup, back to sleep fairly quickly) but other nights are just long. Last night I was up twice to pee, took a while to fall back asleep, and was basically awake from 4:30 (pee break) until DH's alarm went off at 5:15. I am "resting" but it does not feel the same. I am trying to sleep with my top leg stretched over toward the other side and that seems to help with the pelvic pain.

27. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

I'm at the clinic doing my two hour glucose test. I don't think drinking it was too bad but sitting here after fasting with a belly full of sugar is making me feel a little gross,
    We didn't curcumsize DS1and won't this time too. DH said he feels robbed of his foreskin so we are against it.
    Glad to have a day off. I've been working really hard lately. I secretly hope my doc suggests stopping work early but I doubt it since I'm done work two weeks before baby is due. (Since I'm a teacher).

28. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: he did it was pretty sad, just during the procedure, then he didn't act like it bothered him, we were probably more concerned with it than he was

@travelgirl1: what's sleep? I feel the same way, every time I move my pubic bone hurts, and then I have to pee... it's starting to catch up to me unfortunately and I feel super tired at the end of the day

@Candy_nee: thinking of you!!

29. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@travelgirl1: sleep is as OK as it can be right now, I think. Good nights, and bad. Getting up to pee sucks.

Er...anyone else dealing with um, you know...the 'roids? Like, wtf. tmi and totally embarrassing, but ow...

30. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@ValentineMommy: glad you're feeling better!

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone. The aches still come and go. I'm glad we get to see him tomorrow to make sure everything is a-ok!

@travelgirl1: my sleep is total crap lately. I'm either burning hot, have to pee, or totally uncomfortable. I miss sleeping on my back!

31. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Candy_nee: Thanks! Ugh, I totally hear you on being burning hot - DH funally gave in a CRANKED the ac last night and I slept much better. I can only imagine how it's going to be in the actual summer soon.....blech.

32. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@Candy_nee: that is exactly my sleep! Too hot, peeing or uncomfortable.

I'm *glad* I'm not the only one getting crummy sleep.

33. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

It's funny because I have never slept so well in my life--jk. I pee like every five minutes. I need to actually use my body pillow but I am so warm I don't want anything but a flat sheet. Plus, my dogs like to sleep on the body pillow.

34. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@ValentineMommy: I don't know how it's possible but we don't have A/C and we live in one of the hottest parts of CA. Yay for old houses.

35. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@ValentineMommy: omg I know! I always said I didn't want a summer baby because I'm hot natured as it is. This summer is going to be brutal. I've already preemptively apologized to DH for the bitch I'm sure I will be

36. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

Y'all are gonna hate me but i actually am sleeping well! I think I am so exhausted taking care of dd plus growing a human that I am out like a light and then sleep like a log until dd gets up. Only last night did I wake up with some hip pain for the first time ever. But I've been waiting for that bc it started at 20 weeks with dd! I've been having pain in other places (helllllo varicose veins all over my body) to make up for it.

37. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: shockingly not those yet. But oh my gosh "the slowed digestion" has not let up since 8 weeks.

38. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

Had my GD screen this am and my ultrasound. Everything looked great. No cysts on my ovaries or anything they could see to cause any worry. The feelings I had have been subsiding so all is well. She thinks maybe I pulled something without knowing. DS2 is looking good. Already weighs 2lbs14oz and measuring about a week ahead. Thank god for epidurals!!!!
    Still waiting to hear on the GD screen. She said they'll know by the end of the day and no news from them is good news.

39. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I've been off the boards for a while due to the busy-ness of life but I decide to jump in when I see mention of 'roids. Good times. Not. I felt like I was experiencing them more when I didn't get enough water and was sitting too much. Especially after our road trip. I'm a water-drinking machine now and it seems to help. I'll probably ask about it at my OB appointment tomorrow just to make sure there's nothing else more serious going on.

@Tidybee: I've been sleeping pretty well too. Exhaustion due to taking care of my active little boy and growing a human has totally knocked me out by 9:30 most nights. I do see the clock a lot during the night, but I still feel rested in the AM. Biggest pain for me right now is RLS. I remember getting it so badly during my last pregnancy. The only way I can escape it is to just lay down and go to sleep.

@Candy_nee: I'm glad everything checked out ok! I hope that you get no news from your GD screen. I also wanted to comment on your back sleeping post. I still wake up to find myself asleep on my back most mornings. I worry about it - but I'm trying to trust that my body will move if necessary. I try to start out going to sleep on my left side, but if I just can't get to sleep - I go to my back.

40. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

Hey fellow July mamas - I've been MIA for a few weeks due to travel and starting my new position at work. Nothing like starting a new job at the beginning of the third trimester! Nutso...

I passed my GD screen. SUPER relieved! But my Vitamin D and Iron levels are low. So I need to be more diligent about my supplements. I wondered why I was craving burgers everyday...mmmm, I have found a great place close by that I can order a burger online and pick it up in 10 minutes flat. Delicious!

I'm getting into nesting more and more. Trying not to be a tyrant too much with my husband. But I really want to chip away at the baby room and rearranging my son's room so I can just enjoy the final month of June and relax. I'll try to take some pictures as it comes together. It's been inspiring to transform my son's room and make it more conducive to his new interests and levels of activity.

I am also trying to make it more of a goal to get out and exercise each day now that the weather is nice. Just a good long walk everyday. It's important that I take advantage of the times where I can walk without a stroller since carrying this extra baby weight and pushing a stroller with a 25 lb kiddo can be pretty tiring. I'm also counting the hour a day I spend at the playground with my kid as exercise.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee