Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Nursery/Toddler Room Plans

1. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Reese: If you were closer, I totally would! We'll see how it actually turns out. Lol

2. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

Let's all just have painting parties with @ValentineMommy:

Everyone goes back and forth on bumpers and when/if they are ok.
    For my 1st we didn't have one.. until about 8 months or so.. then we got a breathable because he would stick his little legs through the slats and get stuck.. he'd also sleep like that all the time.. still a crazy position sleeper

3. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: I would love to!

4. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

I found this great picture of my papa from the 1940s. A friend of mine is going to photo shop out the writing so we can blow it up for a canvas. What could be better for a vintage baseball nursery?

5. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@simplyfelicity: so cute! what a great personal touch for your little guy! I am so excited to see his room when you are done!

6. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MamaCate: I totally will! Never thought I would have this much fun planning a little boy's room.

7. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@simplyfelicity: That is SO adorable!

8. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@simplyfelicity: amazing!!!

9. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@mrsjyw: @ValentineMommy: I will definitely share when I get the canvas done.

10. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Just decided on this crib and hopefully this paint!

11. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@simplyfelicity: cute!!!!! love that crib!

12. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

anyone want to help me pick a light green that would go with this quilt? I'm color challenged ha

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1007791052

13. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

14. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

I cannot believe how difficult it is to pick out a paint color... we started looking at blues (which means I bought three tester quarts of paint from SW.) I realized that, with blue plaid curtains, it would be a blue explosion. So, I went back to SW and picked out a beige...DH hated it. Back I went to SW and they encouraged me to take their full catalog home. DH and I FINALLY picked out a color (I "let" him pick the darker of the two) and now it's on the wall...and it's a bit too dark. SW did say I could get a 75% or so formula. Anyway, thoughts?

15. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: Do any of these tickle your fancy? Maybe something in the second to left column?

16. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@simplyfelicity: Paint colors really can be hard. I'm more of a fan of going light because once you paint all of the walls, and not just a swatch, it feels so much different. The only times I've gone dark are on one single accent wall. I think that gray/beige you have in the photo works well with the colors in your accessories. And it would allow you to change things up down the road. Maybe you go a few tints lighter in the same family?

17. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: I agree with @simplyfelicity: - I'd choose from that second from the left column and I'd go to the very bottom of the column. Looks like it says "Lime Fresh". Cute quilt!

18. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@sweetooth: Thanks for the insight! I completely agree, I thought it was going to be a lot lighter. DH and I decided to go one step up in the color family. So the bottom color is what we have now and the top, "Alpaca," is the one we are going to get. Should I still get a tester quart? I hate how much we've spent on those...

19. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@simplyfelicity: I might even go up one more step (but I like lighter colors) and then you could do the wall behind the crib the darker color.. just a thought

@simplyfelicity:@sweetooth: thanks for the colors!! I really like the iced mint, lime fresh and lime sorbet- are these Sherman Williams?

Thanks we love the quilt and my son totally approved

20. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: I totally hear ya. The next step up is "simple white" (the lightest in this color family) which is a bit too light for me. Here are some examples of simple white (the first) and Alpaca (the second and third.) I do kind of want a cozy look.

21. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: Oh, the chart I posted is Benjamin Moore.

22. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@simplyfelicity: That is really cool! Good idea!

23. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

I'm embarrassed to admit our nursery is almost done! I just need to order the vintage world map for the one wall and decide on curtains!

24. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: Any pics? Sounds super cute!

25. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@simplyfelicity: lighting is crummy now.. I will take some pics and post tomorrow

26. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Reese: can't wait to see! Ours is still a hot mess/junk room

27. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Reese: can't wait to see photos!!

New baby won't have a nursery until she moves in with big brother. We are totally crazy, we are doing major renos to our house starting at the end of April until mid-June. So we will move back in when I'm 37-38 weeks. So much for nesting

28. mrsjyw

Just picked up paint for baby's room!

Middle row Aqua and gray... Will decorate w yellow accents!

29. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@mrsjyw: Love how cheerful it is.

30. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

Here are some crappy iPhone pics - the best I c an do right now. The left wall will have a large vintage world map. We still need to figure out window coverings and some other details!

31. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

We have picked out the paint color and totally emptied the room so it can get painted this week. I am excited to start getting organized and my first shower is coming up in a couple of weeks. Love to see everyone's progress!

32. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: Love it! Looks great.

33. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@simplyfelicity: thanks! Still a little bit to go.. But I like how it's coming along!

34. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@mrsjyw: looks awesome!
    @Reese: wow! Love it!

35. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Our crib arrived! Ellie likes it!

36. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@simplyfelicity: so exciting!!

37. mrsjyw