Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Nursery/Toddler Room Plans

1. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@simplyfelicity: not sure if you have a mobile yet, or plan on getting one, but I just saw this and thought of you! It's from the same Etsy store that has the mobile that we registered for.

eta: You can customize teams or whatever you want.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/187285244/baby-mobile-baseball-mobile-wooden-baby?ref=shop_home_active_1

2. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Reese: Thank you!!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: That is so cute!!!!!

3. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@ValentineMommy: You're not a lone. The room is painted and the furniture is in there, but nothing has been done and it's just piling up clothes, gear, etc. right now

4. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@simplyfelicity: super cute!

We still have not even started on toddler room for DD or changes to the nursery for baby

5. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@simplyfelicity: Love that name. So classic.

6. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: That's super cute! Thanks!

7. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrsjyw: Oh, the clothes. The nursery closet is still packed with other things and I haven't even opened it to see what's in there (I'm scared!!!). I really need to start though, cause I have a LOT of DS1's old clothes to sort through!! I still need to order DS1 his new dresser so I can pass the old one (with the changer) onto DS2. So much to do!!!!

8. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@ValentineMommy: Speaking of clothes.. I am having a tough time trying to decipher how much clothes I "need". How many onesies/outfits should you have for lets say 0-3? or 6-9?? I don't know if I have too much or not enough. I don't really have a lot of "pants" especially right away because he will be a summer baby. Is keeping him cute onesies OK? lol, clearly I need FTM help!

9. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Just got home from our babymoon and the sign I had ordered came in. Not sure it was worth the expense but at least I didn't have to make it.

10. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@Reese: I always like to go by the boy scout motto "be prepared" so I have way more than I need..
    newborns can get colder than us, some say one more layer than you would wear, so I usually have pants on (like cotton) unless we will be out and about then it's shorts
    and we had tons of blowouts with my DS 1, so we would go through like 7 outfits/onesies a day.. bibs are awesome especially if you have a drooly baby
    my son was 8lbs 3oz and was in newborn for about a month and then on to 3month .. he stayed in 9 month longer than the others though..so you just never know

11. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: 7 outfits/onesies a day! holy guacamole. I thought I had too much now I am paranoid I don't have enough. I will see what I still need to stock up on after my shower I guess.

@simplyfelicity: So cute! I can't wait to see the room completely together

12. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: Thanks! I can't wait to put it all together.
    As far as clothes go, I got a TON of stuff from my sis and am just going to see how it goes after my showers, too. It's also hard to tell how long they will be in newborn stuff so I will probably wait until he is here and make good use of Amazon prime.

13. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@simplyfelicity: Just read that the crib was broken. Get it ordered now. My SIL had a missing piece on her's and dragged her feet on getting it. They got an unexpected job transfer and moved across country. The place she got the crib from won't send her the replacement piece because the address wasn't the same! So stupid

14. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@simplyfelicity: I felt that way about the Etsy sign I bought. It was so cool online but in person just kind of blah. But I'm sticking with it. I'm using it in a gallery style wall over the changing table/dresser. So I think it will fit right in. btw... just read that you got the replacement part! LOL

DH finished painting yesterday. Color is more vibrant than it was in DS's room go figure! He also hung the curtains without me there. And they are about 2 inches above the baseboard. But I'm not about to ask him to move them because he was so proud of himself for all the work he got done! All of our spring cleaning/garage sale items are finally out of the room. Now we can start hanging artwork! I can't wait. I'm still waiting on the rug and mobile to arrive. This is the mobile but in the aqua, mustard yellow and gray colors https://www.etsy.com/listing/207530649/tanner-nursery-mobile-crib-mobile?ref=related-0

15. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@turkeylurkey: Haha, yeah, it all worked out with the crib. I am slightly embarrassed at how much I spent on the dinky sign but I guess you don't know until you have it. I was expecting more I guess. Oh well!

16. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Reese: ds1 went through maybe 2-3 outfits a day tops on a daily basis. I'd multiply that by however many days you don't want to do laundry lol that being said, I had way more than I needed with ds1 and I'm sure I will this time too! Who can resist those tiny outfits?!

@simplyfelicity: that sign is adorable!

17. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@simplyfelicity: so cute!!

18. pearl

coffee bean / 39 posts

We are moving right along with baby girl's room! Ignore the mess, but those are pink pom pom curtains, a floral sheet I'm in the process of making, and a ruffled crib skirt Nothing is put together, it's just all in her room!

19. pearl

coffee bean / 39 posts

20. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@pearl: Cute!!! Love the colors!

21. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

Slowly but surely?

22. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@pearl: nice! Those curtains are adorable!

23. bunnylove

coffee bean / 29 posts

I posted a little while ago my inspiration board but now the nursery is taking shape and the dreams becoming a reality... To do the feature wall we first painted the wall white, then used an overhead projector (old school!) to tape in the chevron pattern. Then we painted the grey areas white first (to avoid any grey bleeding through the tape) then two coats of grey using a small roller, letting the paint dry between each coat, and then peeled off to reveal beautiful, crisp lines!! The painting is so well done it looks like wallpaper. Eeee! I'm so proud of our efforts! Sorry that some of the photos are a bit blurry- we did the taping at night to make it easier to see.

24. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@bunnylove: Oh my gosh, it looks AMAZING!!! Ok, so explain the way to not make the paint bleed? I am having trouble picturing it...pregnancy brain!

25. bunnylove

coffee bean / 29 posts

@simplyfelicity: aw, thanks! Because we had a white wall to begin with, we only needed to paint the grey zig-zags- and the white ones would be created as long as the paint didn't bleed and we stayed between our taped lines. So we taped the areas of grey (which you can see are coloured in on the overhead projection, and once taped looked disproportionately bigger because of the thickness of the tape). Well I figured that the paint could bleed underneath the taping, no matter how well we did it so we started by painting a layer of white onto what we taped to paint grey. Anything that bled in that first coat, 'bled' white paint onto what would be the white stripes, so white onto white= can't see! The first white coat also seeped into all the (hypothetical) cracks and sealed the tape so we could do the two coats of the grey without it bleeding through. Does that make sense?

26. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@bunnylove: wow, awesome! I love that you used a projector, so clever!

27. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

There's a flash sale site here that I get daily emails from. Usually I'm too late and all the cool stuff sells out. But today it had some great stuff for LO's room, and I had good timing for once and I snagged these:

28. WinterBee

persimmon / 1071 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Oh my, those little RVs are adorable! Great steal!!

29. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@bunnylove: That makes perfect sense. Super clever!
    @TheSwissWifeStyle: Sooo cute!

30. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@pearl: love your fabrics!

@bunnylove: that looks amazing! you did such a great job!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: what cute decorations!

Now that we (fingers crossed) have a house, I can finally start thinking about nursery and toddler rooms! I think we are planning to give LO#2 most of DD's furniture etc (just a dresser, glider, and bookcase) and decorations and let her pick out her own things. We will need to do curtains in the nursery and figure out how to put everything together. The room is a little bigger than DD's current room so there might be room for some more fun.

Has anyone had good luck with online sources for dressers and bookcases that are affordable? My first thought is IKEA but the closest one is 2 hours away and I am struggling to figure out the logistics of a trip alone while pregnant loading up the car etc.

31. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MamaCate: I bet that the people who work there could help you! We are going next weeked and I am putting DH to work.

32. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

I love all the pictures! We have the room painted and all of the furniture built but very little decor. Since we are TG I am planning to keep it pretty neutral until we have the baby and then add some gender specific touches.

What are people doing for window treatments? The bookcase is located under the window so I need short curtains. I was thinking of hanging a double rod with white light blocking curtains and then adding patterned curtains later on.

33. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Bluemasonjar: We did a double rod in DD's room with a blackout curtain and then a curtain I made from some fabric I had lying around and it worked really well. It was a long window though. The new baby's room at the new house has shorter, wider windows so I am in the same boat. Let me know if you find shorter blackout curtains!

@simplyfelicity: Thanks! Let me know how your trip goes! DH works so many weekends so I am not sure I want to sacrifice a weekend where he is off to an IKEA trip, and I am not sure I can fit DD in the back in the car seat with the boxes, but the prices are so much cheaper that it might be worth it.

34. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@MamaCate: Awesome, that is exactly my plan! These are the shortest blackout curtains I have found. I still need to order some: http://www.countrycurtains.com/product/010150bo+black+out+rod+pocket+curtains.do?sortby=ourPicks

35. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Bluemasonjar: these look great! Thanks so much for sharing the link!!

36. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Oh my goodness those RVs are the cutest thing!!

37. myboxerstella

pea / 7 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle & @Reese I love your pics. I don't know what I'm having yet, but I love the nautical themes. Didn't think about using it for a girl till I saw the pics you posted.

38. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@myboxerstella: so happy to inspire there are a lot of ways to make it more feminine as well!

39. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@myboxerstella: If we were having a girl, we were thinking about doing pink and navy nautical! It can def. be done

40. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@myboxerstella: @TheSwissWifeStyle: Lurking We did a pink and navy nautical theme for our nursery! I'm hoping to post pics in a couple weeks.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee