Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Nursery/Toddler Room Plans

1. looloo

apple seed / 1 posts

@bunnylove: I love the rug too! Where did you get it?

2. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Got all the pictures for the "gallery wall"...just have to put them, ya know, on the wall.

3. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@simplyfelicity: i am obsesssssed with your nursery.

4. Umbreon

clementine / 854 posts

This is the best thread ever! We don't have our nurseries done up yet (Not TTC yet) but we do plan to do the painting soon - I'd rather be able to help.

I'm not a huge fan of the grey that seems to be super popular now. Maybe because we painting our room grey and the rest of the house is pretty neutral.

@mrsjyw: I may have to steal that paint colour. I absolutely love it!

5. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Tidybee: I really hope it comes together! I spent more than I planned buuuuut I think this theme could work for a few years.

6. bunnylove

coffee bean / 29 posts

@looloo: Thanks! It was my first baby purchase =) I'm in Australia- I got it from an online company called Temple and Webster but I've seen it sold other places too (and in all different colours- I was torn between the grey and the pink)

7. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

Question for those of you transitioning LO#1 to a toddler room: are you keeping a glider/chair/grown up seating of some kind in the toddler room?

I was planning to move the glider to baby's room for nursing and didn't think twice until LO was up puking last night and I ended up sitting in her room in the glider with her for an hour to make sure she didn't have to make any more bathroom trips!

8. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MamaCate: I've gone back and forth about it. We already moved the Glider out of ds1's room and into the new nursery, but I miss it!!! I'm thinking ofakong a window bench on a low bookshelf instead of buying something new.

9. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@ValentineMommy: thanks! I definitely don't want to buy anything right away but we have an upholstered chair in the living room that might work in her room (and might not fit in the new living room). It is helpful to hear that you miss the seating which makes me feel less crazy!

10. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@MamaCate: we kept the glider and ottoman in ds1's room. We have a queen bed in the new nursery and I think I want to keep t there permanently so I don't think we'll be buying another one either.

Nursery is slowly coming together. I still have to put up some wall art but the bed is taking up a ton of space and the room requires minimal decor. Dh is currently putting together the wooden closet pieces/drawers in the walk in closet right now. Can't wait to put away clothes and organize!

11. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Our nursery is finally coming together!

The painting is done and all the furniture is in! DH finally put up the closet organizer and I hung up his clothes.

We're getting a new window in there today (the old one was original to the house and barely worked), the rug is ordered and we're waiting for it to come in, and all that's left is to put in the new fan and put up decor!

How's everyone else's rooms coming along??

12. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Ugh...HB ate my post.
    Just got the quilt in and it matches the pendant flag banner made by a different etsy seller. Super happy!!!

13. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@simplyfelicity: um, I love that! What a lucky little boy!

14. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@ValentineMommy: still nothing here, lol.

@simplyfelicity: Turned out great!

15. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@simplyfelicity: ADORABLE! Love it!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: lol!

16. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

The "nursery fairy" must have visited us this weekend! lol

Sat. we went to Ikea and got all of the furniture and a few extras, and DH and fam. used the Ikea van to haul all of our old stuff away.

Yesterday, DH and FIL put the furniture together, and of course I did the fun part of putting all his clothes away

Today I'm hoping to sew new covers for the glider (bought it super cheap off of a friend.)

Still needs more work (decorating) but I'm so glad we got this much done and I feel tons better! It's so exciiiiting

17. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: So exciting! It's all coming together!

18. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: So cute! I love, love, love that fan!

19. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Got our rug in today!! I'm loving it!!

Now we need curtains and decor and we are almost done!!

20. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

Got the mobile over the weekend and another piece for the gallery wall. Now just waiting on the rug to arrive. I like this one's room more than I did DS' room.

21. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Looks great!
    @ValentineMommy: Goes perfectly with the wall.

22. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@simplyfelicity: thank you!! I'm loving it. I was originally going to get striped, but I went for pattern mixing and so glad I did

23. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@ValentineMommy: LOVE your room!!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Love this! We have the same dresser.. you seriously need to be an engineer to put it together.

24. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: looks great! Now it's all the "fun" stuff! Like decorating!

25. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@ValentineMommy: I love your rug! And your elephant bin! Lol....we have like 4 of those 3 Sprouts bins and I just ordered the purple hippo one for DD2's room. Love them!

26. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Reese: Thank you!!

@Ginabean3: Thanks! Lol I just put the one of the 3sprout hampers on my registry too. They're so cute!!!

27. Mamaof2

squash / 13208 posts

@ValentineMommy: ohh great color choice for the rug!!! love it!

28. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@ValentineMommy: The rug and wall look great!

All of the nursery furniture is built but I don't have any decor on the walls yet. Since we are I want to wait to have LO and then add gender specific things to really tailor the nursery now that all the basics are gender neutral. I've started a list of things to buy based on if it is a girl or boy

29. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@ValentineMommy: LOVE the rug!

30. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@ValentineMommy: awesome!

31. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Mamaof2: @sweetooth: @TheSwissWifeStyle: Thanks!

Rosenberry Rooms has SOOOOO many rugs to choose from!!! I'd highly recommend, with the warning that shipping took a little bit longer than I'm used to.

32. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

Anyone have tips on how to use the crib dust ruffle? I have one from pottery barn kids and it just does not want to hang right. It doesn't matter how high or low the crib mattress is. It looks horrible!
    This is the one I have
    http://www.potterybarnkids.com/room/rom/rombnr/boy-nurseries-harper-navy/?

33. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@turkeylurkey: no idea, but can you take a pic of how yours is hanging, out of curiosity?

34. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

Oh my goodness these nurseries are beyond gorgeous! I don't know who else to ask, but what do you guys think of the Jenny Lind crib? My husband thinks it looks too delicate and dangerous, but it's just so pretty! I was originally planning to get a cheaper crib off of Craigslist and then just buy a new mattress, but now I'm feeling guilty that Baby1 got everything new and I'm cheaping out on Baby2.

http://www.lussobaby.ca/DaVinci-Jenny-Lind-3-in-1-StationaryConvertible-Crib-in-White-M7391W.htm

Do you think the resale on Craigslist would be pretty good??

35. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@fuzzypeaches: We LOVE the Jenny Lind crib. Bought it for our first son, and just purchased our second one for baby #2. It's not delicate or dangerous, in my opinion. We took the wheels off of it. I love the look of it. Reminds me of the crib I had when I was little.

It's available for cheaper on amazon, but I see you're in Canada.

I'm not sure of the resale factor, but I have seen it listed on Craigslist. So you never know!

36. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I love Jenny Lind cribs! They're so cute!

37. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I'm obsessed with the Jenny Lind crib, I want it so badly!! Unfortunately there's no way I'll be able to talk DH into buying one since I think DS is on his way out of his crib.

GET IT!

38. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@sweetooth: @ValentineMommy: @QBbride: ahhh ok I think I'm going to buy it! So exciting to finally buy something!

DS seems so happy still in his crib so I'm just going to leave him there for now and sell his (which was a higher end crib anyways) when he is out. The Jenny Lind one is just so girly and lovely!!

39. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Yay!!!!

My DS was totally happy in his crib and never tried to climb out....but he was even happier to be a "big boy" and have a big boy bed!

40. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

I finally started working on the nursery this weekend! Dh put together the dresser and painted the mirror/knobs and I ordered the Jenny Lind Crib and these sheets/change covers/curtains from Land of Nod! Getting excited

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee