Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Nursery/Toddler Room Plans

1. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@ValentineMommy: Looking good!

2. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

I'm so pissed over piss! So we got the new elephant rug last Thursday. My DH wasn't home but my aunt came over and helped me carry it upstairs. We unrolled it and DS1 rolled around being goofy. Then we left the nursery and did our bedtime routine etc. Friday & Saturday I don't recall going in the nursery at all. Sunday morning I went in there to work on the closet and there was cat or dog piss all over it! I'm so upset. DH carried it downstairs and we tried Resolve pet stain remover and even took it outside and used water on it. It is ruined! had the stupid thing all of 3 days! 150 bucks gone! I'm afraid if I put it back down that the cat or dog will mark it again. Ugh!

3. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@turkeylurkey: ugh! I'm pissed for you!!!

4. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

Ok ladies, I think baby's room is finally done!

5. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Ginabean3: love it! It is so peaceful looking!!

6. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@turkeylurkey: Ugh... I am so mad for you! If it's dog pee, you could probably shampoo it out professionally. If it's cat pee, I would release it to the ocean.

7. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Ginabean3: Looks like a beautiful sanctuary!

8. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@QBbride: @simplyfelicity: thanks ladies!!

9. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@sweetooth: this is so great! can i ask what color you used for your navy accent wall? we want to do the same and I'm trying to narrow down a navy! thanks

10. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@turkeylurkey: oh my goodness that's horrible
    Dry cleaner??

@Ginabean3: I love it!!! Such a sweet room! The little banners are so adorable! And the rug is perfect!
    The exposed closet is also amazing! I love the look of that but I am not organized enough for one haha

11. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@fuzzypeaches: thank you! I actually found the little banners when I was going through DD #1's stuff....we used it as decoration at her coming home party! And the rug was a Homegoods find! I was eyeing one at PBK and randomly found a cheaper option! Oh...don't even get me started on the closet....we have ZERO doors on our closets upstairs! It was like that when we bought the house......the previous owners had taken off the doors years ago to do hardwood floors and never replaced them!! so annoying but at least it forces us to be organized until we decide what kind of doors we want to do!

12. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@simplyfelicity: @fuzzypeaches: Well we moved it back into the nursery to run a test to see which one is the problem. The cat or the dog. The dog can't get upstairs because of the doggie gates but we aren't sure if someone let her up there on Saturday during the baby shower. So if it turns out to be the cat she won't stop so I think it just might be history at that point. It is 100% wool and I've been down this road before with 100% wool rugs and cats. I just didn't realize it when I bought the thing online or I would have gotten something different. Oh well!

13. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@Ginabean3: Very sweet! Love it!

14. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@hellobeeboston: Thank you! I went looking for the paint can in our basement and couldn't find it. This makes me realize I should have written it down somewhere! All I remember from when we bought it was that I saw a full wall of it in a west elm store and I loved the richness of it. We painted the wall over 2 years ago. Good luck with your search for the perfect color!

15. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@ValentineMommy: The room is looking so good! I love that pegboard idea. So useful in a kids room with constantly changing needs over the years. And that chair looks so cozy

@Ginabean3: Your baby room looks like a peaceful oasis And isn't it crazy when previous owners do nutty things like that with doors? One of our bathroom doors was shaved off the bottom and top because it would get stuck in the door frame. Instead of fixing the poor installation, let's just chop the door in a haphazard manner!!

16. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@turkeylurkey: I would be so pissed too...

17. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@sweetooth: that is so weird! Lol. When we bought our house and took possession, the prev owners had left (no joke) maybe 1000 hangers in the middle of the guest room! So bizzare.

@turkeylurkey: did you figure out the culprit?? I didn't know that about cats and wool!

18. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Nope not yet!

19. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

How did I get so far behind on this thread!?

@turkeylurkey: omg that sucks!

@Ginabean3: very nice!

Our nursery is done! I think I might put up a room reveal post so I can be totally self indulgent Here's a pic!

20. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Oh my goodness - that nursery wall is adorable!!! Yes to self indulgence - I want to see more! Did you already post?

21. bunnylove

coffee bean / 29 posts

It's finished!! Yay. Feels good to be done before she's here (phew!). Curtains were a killer to make, especially since I found out I could have bought them through PBK when I was halfway through. Anyways...

22. bunnylove

coffee bean / 29 posts

Couple more to show off the quilts my grandma made from a drawing I did for her

23. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@bunnylove: gorgeous!! Your little lady will have a lovely room!

24. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@bunnylove: you made the curtains?!?! Gorgeous!!! What a lovely room and name!

25. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@bunnylove: amazing!! Also love the name
    And I can't believe you made those curtains!!! How nice for her to have something handmade by mom and great grandma

26. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@bunnylove: very nice!

27. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@bunnylove: Everything looks perfect!

28. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: love it!!!!!

@bunnylove: looks amazing and those curtains are gorgeous!!!!

29. bunnylove

coffee bean / 29 posts

Thanks everyone, yeah, I can't believe I made them either haha I just REALLY wanted them and couldn't find them anywhere to buy! In the end, they probably took about 3 days. Satisfied the nesting instinct I think plus I'm off work now so at least I wasn't just waiting around for her to come. Hopefully she suits the name Hazel, coz the letters aren't coming off easy! But thanks, I love it too!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee