Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2017 Moms!

1. purplelilac

grape / 89 posts

@winniebee: thanks for the positive thoughts and stories. I know our likelihood to have a healthy baby is ~90%, but that 10% can just be too much for this (already emotional) hormonal lady.

@Calibee: We went back and forth about where to go this spring and we finally decided on Capitva Island in Florida. It is supposed to be beautiful and is zika free. Currently the only active mosquito transmission of zika is in Miami, FL and Brownsville, TX so I am hoping it stays that way -at least until mid-April.

2. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@purplelilac: Congrats on having a boy! So sorry your ultrasound didn't go as well as hoped for. Hopefully further testing will reveal that baby boy will be fine. When will you know more?

3. purplelilac

grape / 89 posts

@Calibee: All our test results should be back in 10-15 days, then we will have to decide whether we want to have an amino based on those results. I am hoping it will be sooner than that - but no guarantees.

4. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@purplelilac: so hard to wait - you did the NIPT test, correct? If so, you're in pretty good shape already to rule out chromosomal issues. It's probably a fluke. XO

5. purplelilac

grape / 89 posts

@winniebee: we did end up taking the selfree DNA test last time, which cleared my downs risks (or so we thought). So we are hoping that all this testing is overkill and between the new tests, my negative CF, and low-risk selfree test that our minds can be put at ease.

6. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

@purplelilac: I'm sorry your anatomy scan is causing an increase in anxiety and testing. Crossing fingers everything comes back okay!

7. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@just_ju: congrats on a little girl!

8. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Mrs. J: holidays sound great!! Where are you going to?

9. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@purplelilac: I hope everything comes back problem free and that you can just relax until the end!! Congratulations on a little boy!

10. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@winniebee: Good luck at your anatomy scan and I hope this week goes fast for you!

@smores: Welcome!

@just_ju: Good luck at your scan and I hope everything is ok. congrats on the GIRL!!

@purplelilac: Congrats on your baby BOY! So exciting. I'm sorry you had a worrisome scan but I'm hoping that your tests all come back ok. And you get the results quickly

I'm very jealous of you all going on vacations and/or planning one. With us buying a house, a vacation is out of the question...although I sure could use one!

11. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@winniebee: we are going to Palm Springs!
    @purplelilac: congrats on your boy!! Boys are so fun

12. smores

cherry / 163 posts

Thanks for the welcome, everyone

Question for moms who already have lo(s), what is your plan for the birth of this one and where your current lo will go?

I assume if I go into labor during the night, my in-laws (they live closer) will come and stay with him and then I'm hoping my parents will get him and he'll stay with them for the rest of the time we're in the hospital. (And I'm hoping they'll bring him to see us/new baby). I'm assuming DH will be with me/new lo the whole time.

Anyone have alternate plans?

13. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@smores: my mum will probably be around so as soon as the signs are there she'd come over and stay here with Lo and probably bring him to the hospital to meet the baby. I'd love to spend as little time as possible at the hospital and thinking of not having visitors..
    It still seems so far away. I still need to register at a hospital..
    I have two options : the private clinic I delivered last time, I had a great experience plus now the have a "nature room" which means no medical intervention unless necessary (so just midwives). But we've moved and know it's 45 minutes away.

The second opinion is a public hospital about 30 minuaway but in a city centre. My friend gave birth there twice and had a good experience.

How long was your second labour ? So you think the distance should be the deciding factor ?

14. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@mamainthesun: my second labor was much faster. With my first, I labored for three days, and he was born after 8ish hrs in the hospital (45 min pushing). My second, I maybe started labor the night before but really on my due date. I went in for my 40 week check that morning, I was at a 9, and they wheeled me over to l&d. He was born like 45 min later (I needed antibiotics) and 4 min of pushing. I was told that for this third one, I need to just tell the midwives when I'm coming or I might have it at home!!!

My first hospital was at least 45 min away and my second/current is 10.

15. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Mrs. J: on the one hand it's great that it goes faster and faster..But also more stressful!!
    Why did you change hospital ?

16. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@smores: My parents will drive up to be with my daughter. They live about 45 minutes away. If traffic is bad and we need to leave for the hospital sooner, friends will come be with her until my folks can get here.

My first labor was pretty fast, so I'm slightly worried about how fast this one is going to go!

17. winniebee

@smores: Our family is 1.5 hours away but in general we will ask my mom or MIL to come up once I'm in labor. If it is the middle of the night and it is urgent, I will ask my neighbor to come over until someone can get here. The boys are in school 830-530 three days and 830-330 one day so I'm hoping it just happens when they are in school!

18. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@winniebee: good luck tomorrow. Sending lots of good thoughts your way.

@smores: If I have a scheduled C then I think I'll send my daughter to my mum's because you can only have one person in the operating room anyway. I'm really hoping to go into labour on my own though and magically have a vbac! My mum and husband were with me through my whole induction and labour last time and my mum will come again if that's the case. She's basically my doula and it's a tradition in our family for our mamas to be in the delivery room (her mum was with all my mum's babies). So if that's the case then hopefully either my sister can take her or one of my best friends who lives nearby can. I haven't actually made a plan yet though....although I guess I just did. :). I'm feeling like there's so much time that I haven't started thinking about anything really. And I'm going to have to get through the anatomy scan before I feel it's real.

19. purplelilac

grape / 89 posts

@smores: My first labor was fast and my second was even faster so I am already worried about this one. Last time I went into labor at night (10:30pm), which was awesome since there was no traffic getting to the hospital. A good friend of mine came over and stayed with my daughter overnight and then my MIL drove down the next morning to take over. I'm not really sure what we will do this time though my guess is that it will rely heavily on neighbors/friends again. When the time gets closer I will survey people about who is willing to help then make a huge schedule of people "on call" during the two weeks before and after my due date. I am type A and this helped me relax a lot last time, knowing that someone would be there to come help when needed.

20. HawaiianGirl

pea / 23 posts

@Mrs. J: Oh man, a vacation right now sounds so nice. Is it just you and DH or the whole family.
    @smores: My family and DH's family all live near is, soyhe twins will go to whoever is free (most likely his parents). DH is an OB, so I won't head to the hospital until he thinks it's time.

21. HawaiianGirl

pea / 23 posts

Question for you mamas who have had multiple pregnancies, did it take longer/shorter for your body to bounce back after your 2nd/3rd/etc pregnancies? I'm definitely in a frumpy mood today (clothes not fitting nicely, feeling like I'm huge, even though I know I'm not), and all I can think about is everything that comes with the post-pregnancy body.

22. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@mamainthesun: to have a closer hospital! I have loved both midwife practices, so I'm lucky. The further hospital/offices weren't easy to get to from my house/work.

@HawaiianGirl: whole fam! My ILs are renting a house for everyone

23. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@HawaiianGirl: good question !! I'm in a wedding in February and hope to look great ! Especially it's on a beach so I want to feel comfortable.

@Mrs. J: me it's the opposite..The clinic is easier for my work schedule but further from my house! Such a hard decision !

24. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@mamainthesun: now I SAH, so it doesn't matter, but I live in a west suburb, worked in a northwest one, and the hospital and midwives were in the northern suburbs/what we call the North Shore where I live. It was all super spread out!

25. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@winniebee: Thinking of you today! Hope everything goes well at your appointment.

26. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

Whoa, so much to catch up on! This week has been crazy busy at work, but I have a snow day today so I'm able to actually get on HB a little while DD is napping and DS is reading books.

@winniebee: Good luck at your anatomy scan today!

We had our anatomy scan on Tuesday. As I expected, my cervix is on the short side. For now, that just means weekly ultrasounds to monitor. I'm really hoping I don't end up on bedrest again. Our scan also showed that the cord only has two vessels when it should have three. Apparently, this happens in about 1% of pregnancies. It can be perfectly fine or it can lead to some heart, kidney, or weight gain issues. We're scheduled to get a fetal echocardiogram in a few weeks to look at the heart more closely, but everything looked ok so far.

I'm trying very hard not to freak out and just know that right now everything is fine and in God's hands. That's obviously much easier said than done, but that's my plan for now.

27. winniebee

Everything was fine!!!

28. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@winniebee: wonderful news! I just read your post. Now you can fully enjoy the rest of this pregnancy.

29. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@winniebee: so so happy for you!!

30. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@winniebee: Great news!!!

31. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@winniebee: yay!!
    @JennyG: I hope everything is okay with your little nugget!!!

32. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

@winniebee: amazing news, I checked in just to see your update!! Enjoy the moment

33. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@JennyG: fingers crossed that everything continues looking good!

@winniebee: I'm so happy for you !! Great news ! Now you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy !

34. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@winniebee: Such wonderful news!!

35. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@JennyG: Hope everything ends up being just fine. One of the moms in my mommy and me group had a two vessel cord. She had some extra ultrasounds along the way to monitor baby's growth, but went on to have an uneventful and healthy pregnancy and labor. But I'm sure it's scary to hear.

36. winniebee

@JennyG: oh man. I'm so sorry that you received less than perfect news. A few of my friends have had 2 cord insertions and other than close monitoring everything was totally fine. I hope the same is true for you.

37. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

@winniebee: what did you end up doing with the boys in the end, did they come with?

I've got so long to wait for my next scan & trying to just chill out. I thought I'd feel better once I passed the point of the mc loss but the fear is hard to shake

38. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@Nutella: When is your next appointment?

39. winniebee

@Nutella: we had our high school aged neighbor come over for a few hours for it! phew! I found that weeks 17-19 were the hardest for me -- waiting for that anatomy scan is a big deal! I hope the time passes for you very quickly!!

40. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

@Calibee: two weeks away! Last night when I was lying on my side I rolled back on to my back and could feel this big round lump on the side I had been lying on. It was so weird! I obviously started poking around and shining my phone on it to see if it looked like a baby 😂 But it went away so who knows what that actually was. I mean it was too big and ball-like to be the actual baby but it reminded me of later on in pregnancy tightenings.

@winniebee: lucky save by the neighbour!!! I'm glad you guys got to focus on the good news x

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee