Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2017 Moms!

1. purplelilac

grape / 89 posts

I heard back from ou MFM doc today and both my CMV and my husbands CF results came back negative. Hurray! This means that we still have no clue what is causing the echogenic bowel, but at least it isn't CMV or cystic fibrosis, and it is very unlikely it's Down's syndrome. At this point I feel like I can breath easier and can say that I am also (hopefully) done with testing. I do my monthly growth ultrasounds now to check on the bowel (and hopefully the condistion will just disappear!).

2. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@purplelilac: Great news!

3. winniebee

@just_ju: If there are no other markers, your chances of something being amiss are just very, very small. So sorry you have this extra worry!

4. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@purplelilac: great news!!!!

5. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@purplelilac: yeah!! Happy update!!

6. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@purplelilac: Such great news!!

7. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

Has anyone started looking for day care?? How long will your maternity leave be?
    I'm hesitating between starting after the October school holidays or after Christmas.

8. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@mamainthesun: I stay at home so my maternity leave will be forever! Haha. Well until my kids start school and it's unpaid so...

I currently take care of one child for 10 hours a day (super long day) and they're having another baby in April so when she's done maternity leave I'll shoot from 2 kids to 4 all day and that freaks me out a bit! Right now they're only two three weeks apart in age, but by the time her leave is done I'll have my 9 month old and 30 month old, their nearly one year old, and 30 month old.

From what I know about daycare (which isn't much since I only have worked at them and I'm also in canada), it's good to start looking asap and get your name on the list for a spot if you find a place you love. How long will your mat leave be?

And, on another note, I have now gained weight and I feel like it's a lot...which I'm sort of sad about. Haha. I know I need to gain weight, but I was on a high from only gaining like 1.5 pounds for the first 15 weeks. I feel like I have gained a bunch in the past week alone. It's really cold here so I haven't been getting out for my stroller walk and I have been snacking a lot at home.

9. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@mamainthesun: @Mrs. Goose: I also stay home with my daughter, but if we were going to need daycare, I would be looking now. In our area, only a few daycares take infants. When I thought about going back to work last time, we were also going to look into nanny shares.

10. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

@mamainthesun: I plan to take a 12 week maternity leave, but my mom lives with us and watches my kid(s) during the day. I'm lucky!

Doing okay over here at 17 weeks, still never turning down a chance to nap with my son though! Because of my BMI, my OBs are having me take the glucose test twice, ugh, so I had my first one this week.

Hubs and I started talking names and have 5 good candidates for both sexes, which is a far cry from last time, so I'm thrilled.

@winniebee: When you update our list, my due date is 7/28 (I did the math wrong, haha), we're team green, and my anatomy scan is 3/3. And thank you!

11. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

@mamainthesun: I've booked in a daycare spot for next August 2018! It was already getting full so thought I should put baby's name on the list just in case! I am not in love with my job but definitely enjoy the lifestyle two incomes bring, so it might be the way for us even though I don't want to think about it quite yet.

We live in an urban area where daycare spots for babies/ young toddlers are rare! Can't hurt to ask the question though.

12. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Mrs. Goose: @Calibee: @Nutella:
    Wow I thought day cares got full quickly here but more than a year in advance is crazy! I'm definitely going to call around on Monday and put our name on lists !
    Here the system is different I think, most day cares are government services and then you have private structures (mostly an at home structure with one lady who can take care of up to 6-8 children), I live in a small village and there are about 20 structures on the village list. They take newborns to 3 year olds and free school!
    Lo1's nanny told me to start looking in April at the latest but definitely working on it now so!

In France the normal maternity leave is 12 Weeks but as I'm an independent worker I can choose how long I take. And I also don't work during the school holidays so I'll probably start again after a holiday or in November or January. So that'll be 4 or 6 months. With Lo1 I started after 2,5 months and I thought he was still so small!

13. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Mrs. Goose: I've been starting to put on more weight, plus I'm still feeling tired and my belly hurts sometimes so I haven't been doing any exercise. Arg I hope I can start controlling it again!

@jaypegs: I didn't haveto do the glucose test. Good luck with that, I've heard it's horrible !
    Ahhh names....It's so hard... Everything I suggest gets shot down and of course he doesn't have any suggestions !!

14. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

@mamainthesun: exercise....what is that again?

15. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@mamainthesun: 4-6 months old sounds much more reasonable than 2.5! I'm so tired once the afternoon hits everyday. My toddler naps unreliably so I can't sleep usually. I told my husband we cannot bring bad snacks into the house right now. I have zero willpower. Anyone doing any in home exercise?

@jaypegs: where is this magical 2nd tri energy boost?! Haha. My sleep at night is declining too so that doesn't help. Great that you hit upon names you both agree on. Our boy one is from last time and pretty much locked in. Girl names we find much harder to agree on.

16. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@purplelilac: That is excellent news!!! Praying that everything else takes care of itself. Now you can relax a little.

@mamainthesun: I am thinking I will stay off until the beginning of November. My position at work is up in the air as the job I've done for 5 years was a grant funded position and the grant is over. I definitely have a job, but I might be back in a classroom after not doing that for 5 years. I returned to work in the beginning of November after having my son (July 17 b-day) and I liked the timing as a teacher. Thanksgiving was right around the corner and then a few weeks and Christmas

As far as daycare, our in-home daycare is going to take this new baby. I think this might put her over our states's numbers, but she said we'll make it work. We absolutely love her so I'm glad she was willing to do that.

@jaypegs: I had GD in the past and will have to do the test twice two. I hope you don't have to do the 3 hour. Yuck!

@Mrs. Goose: My night time sleep is definitely starting to decline. Up to pee and just overall uncomfortable. Ugh, only 20 weeks so there is still a long way to go.

17. HawaiianGirl

pea / 23 posts

@mamainthesun: I was just discussing this with DH last night. There is a new opening up about 45 minutes away that I'm really interested in. It projected to open at the beginning of 2018. So, if I decided to quit my current position and work there, I'll have a longer "maternity leave". I'm 80% sure that's the path I want to take.
    As for daycare, most likely my sister will watch DD2.

18. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Nutella: hahaha I know! Supposedly it's good for you!

@Mrs. Goose: I know where is the boost! O felt better for a week and then back to erukk... Plus I often have headaches. Ive been craving chocolate and cheese like crazy, and I do the groceries..So not a good combo!! Thank God I've also been craving fresh veggies! Hope it'll balance out!

@JennyG: true I didn't think of the last weeks before Christmas flying by because of festivities! Good point! It makes going back to work fun as there is something to look forward to!

@HawaiianGirl: ooh a new job! Nice Especially if it comes with better benefits for you!

So many of you have family members that can look after los! So lucky, it must make the first droppoffs so stressed.. I remember crying so much in the car after dropping off my son the first few times, leaving your precious baby with a stranger...

19. winniebee

@mamainthesun: I'll go back to work in the fall sometime (take around 3m off). I work around 25 hours a week, about half from home. We will get a nanny who will watch the baby 3 days - my oldest will be in K and our second will be doing the Montessori program again, 5 days. The nanny will also get the middle kiddo from school and be home to get the oldest off the bus (and then will be in charge of all 3 for about an hour!) Nanny is just easier with 3 kids and I can avoid paying for after school programs for the bigger kids.

20. honey786

grape / 81 posts

Our childcare is also up in the air for now. I would love to stay home, but my health benefits from work are hard to beat and my spouse runs his own business so getting it on our own would be a lot more. My employer offers 12 weeks paid leave. I am planning to ask my manager if there is any flexibility to take an additional month unpaid. In addition, I want to go down to 32 hours when I return. I still have to make one call out to the HR center to ask how that will impact my benefit costs. My local HR contact said that all these exceptions have to be approved at the manager level, so I am hoping it works out! Then I can be home 1 day a week, and we can get my mom for another day and maybe a nanny for 3 days a week? I am hoping to not send her to a daycare.

21. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

Hello baby bump! Even though I've been in maternity clothes for a while, I feel like I kind of popped over the last week or so.

Also, I've started getting a shooting pain from my booty down the backs of my thighs when I'm standing. Not an issue when walking or sitting. What the heck is this?? Is this sciatic nerve pain? I'll ask my doctor on Wednesday when I see him. Just curious if anyone has experienced something similar.

22. purplelilac

grape / 89 posts

Thanks for all the well wishes. I am feeling much calmer these days (thank god).

I plan on taking off 3-4 months then going back to work (I work PT, 2 days/wk)- that is aaauming there is still work for me to do. I work as a contractor to the EPA so there is a serious chance my budgets may be slashed. The current plan is to keep our nanny around through this summer/maternity leave and then She will juggle the three kids. There is a chance we may have to find a new nanny come fall, but I really hope not as our current nanny has been with us for 4+ years and is wonderful! Either way, a nanny is definitely the most economical and easiest option for 3 Little's around here. I can't even imagine how much it would cost and the logistics of after school care, preschool, and daycare together !

23. winniebee

July 2017 Mamas
    Beatlesfan629: 7/1 (#2)
    Honey786: 7/1 (#1)
    Purplelilac: 7/1 (#3)
    Winniebee: 7/3 (#3)
    Just_Ju: 7/4 (#2)
    Jennyg: 7/7 (#3)
    Enjollah: 7/9 (#3)
    Mamainthesun: 7/10 (#2)
    Calibee: 7/11 (#2)
    Hawaiiangirl: 7/14 (#3)
    Makingbabyw: 7/15 (#1)
    Nutella: 7/20 (#2)
    Mrs.J: 7/27 (#3)
    Smores: 7/27 (#2)
    Jaypegs: 7/28 (#2)
    Odynsmom: 7/29 (#2)
    Mrs. Goose: 7/29 (#2)

Anatomy scans:
    2/24: Nutella
    3/3: Jaypegs
    3/7: Mamainthesun

24. winniebee

List is updated! Let me know if I can update or add any genders or appointments.

25. winniebee

I'm starting to feel the weight gain ladies! I've gained 10 lbs at 21.5 weeks, but probably a pound a week for the last 5 weeks. I haven't been able to work out as much either. It's going downhill from here, lol.

26. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: I've gained the same already, and I'm a week behind ! I'm hardly working out, I'm just still so tired and my bump is "hurting"more this time.

27. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@winniebee: my anatomy scan is 3/11!

28. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@winniebee: I'm on the 10th for my scan! I think I'm up at least 5 at this point. I'm not feeling too heavy in the belly yet, but sidelying for sleep at night is making both my hips hurt, plus the wake ups, and constant dreams are not restful.

29. winniebee

July 2017 Mamas

Beatlesfan629: 7/1 (#2)
    Honey786: 7/1 (#1)
    Purplelilac: 7/1 (#3)
    Winniebee: 7/3 (#3)
    Just_Ju: 7/4 (#2)
    Jennyg: 7/7 (#3)
    Enjollah: 7/9 (#3)
    Mamainthesun: 7/10 (#2)
    Calibee: 7/11 (#2)
    Hawaiiangirl: 7/14 (#3)
    Makingbabyw: 7/15 (#1)
    Nutella: 7/20 (#2)
    Mrs.J: 7/27 (#3)
    Smores: 7/27 (#2)
    Jaypegs: 7/28 (#2)
    Odynsmom: 7/29 (#2)
    Mrs. Goose: 7/29 (#2)

Anatomy scans:
    2/24: Nutella
    3/3: Jaypegs
    3/7: Mamainthesun
    3/10: Mrs. Goose
    3/11: Mrs. J

30. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

Eek, I haven't been feeling teeny flutters anymore. :(. Cue more Doppler use. @winniebee: did you end up ordering one?

But, yesterday I lay super flat on my bed and saw my tummy move! So cool. It was just twice, but was for sure baby.

31. winniebee

@Mrs. Goose: you know, I didn't. I decided to see how I felt after I could feel him move more. I started feeling him move at night around 19 weeks and even with an anterior placenta once it started, I felt him every day and then by 20 weeks could feel him during the day as well. He's pretty active so I haven't had any real freakouts yet!

32. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

My anatomy scan was last week, and baby is healthy! I also found out in having a boy. I'm sad to say that I've had a really hard time with this. I know I'm so very lucky to have a healthy baby, but I really wanted to have another girl and to give my daughter a sister. I worry that I won't know what to do with a boy and my kids won't be as close. And of course I feel like a monster for feeling this way.

Anyways, that's what's been going on over here! Any great stories about super close brothers and sisters to share?

33. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Calibee: my husband and his sister are super close. He does wish he would have a brother, but in addition to his sister. I would consider her and her husband some of our closest friends.

34. winniebee

@Calibee: Glad your baby is doing well! I'm very close with one of my brothers in particular (I have a sister and two brothers). I think closeness is usually dictated by personality, not gender!

35. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@winniebee: good for you! Great that even with an anterior placenta you have felt that much movement. I have seen baby move a couple more times while lying down so that's exciting.

@Calibee: yay for good results! I have brothers and sisters. There is 12 and 13 years between me and my younger brothers so I think for us, age has dictated our closeness, unfortunately we aren't very close. I agree with what winniebee said. It's going to be great for them to have each other and their different experiences. My niece and nephew are 2 years apart and they are quite sweet together most of the time. A buddy is a buddy no matter if they're a boy or girl...to a kid anyway!

36. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@Calibee: I have a brother and sister and am really close with both of them. My brother and I are 5 years apart, but we still talk probably once a week even though we live 6 hours apart. I agree with @winniebee that personality is a bigger factor than gender.

37. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

How's everyone doing? Anyone else feeling like their belly has exploded in the past week?

In the past two weeks I failed my 1 hour glucose test, had my follow-up ultrasound where my cervix was shortening way too fast, and had a cerclage placed last week. To say the least, it's been a little rough. Luckily, I'm finally feeling better from the cerclage and should be able to avoid bed rest if I take it easy.

38. winniebee

@JennyG: Oh my goodness, super busy few weeks for you! I am having cervical ultrasounds every 4 weeks - my next is in a few weeks. Hoping it's still nice and long. My issue is more contractions in third tri (I'm already having some) but I'm hoping that my cervix stays long at least until the third trimester. And yes, I'm enormous. And have been eating SO MUCH in the last week.

39. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@Mrs. J: @winniebee: @Mrs. Goose: @JennyG: Thanks ladies

@JennyG: What a crazy and stressful few weeks. Glad to hear it sounds like things are under control. Fingers crossed everything continues to look good.

@winniebee: @JennyG: Yes! I am suddenly huge! And have days where I can't stop eating. Yesterday I never stopped between lunch and dinner. It was literal all day grazing.

40. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@Calibee: Glad to hear the baby is healthy! I just wanted to say, I totally understand your feelings. I have had such mixed feelings after finding out LO2 was a boy. We know that this is our last one so I do get sad sometimes knowing DD will never have a sister and I also worry they may not be that close. That being said, I do have three brothers that I have great relationships with. Out of the three, I'd probably only consider myself "close" with one of them but like others mentioned, that's more due to personality.

@JennyG: I'm sorry you've had such a rough few weeks.

And yes, I feel huge too. I think I'm packing on the pounds pretty quickly out of nowhere too which I don't feel great about. I try not to eat too unhealthy, but I agree with you guys - I can't stop eating!

Last night, I literally couldn't move for like a 2 hour period because I had such horrible sciatic nerve pain. I never felt anything like that in my life, it was so intense. My husband was laughing at me because the pain was mostly in my butt but it really did hurt! It's totally gone now, as if it never happened.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee