Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2017 Moms!

1. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@BeatlesFan629: It's definitely a mental adjustment. This is also our second and last baby, and it just makes me sad. But my friends are doing a pretty great job of teaching me how awesome little boys are and how close siblings can be regardless of sex. But man I am not ready to start purging the tiny little baby dresses yet!

Sorry to hear about the pain! Hopefully it doesn't come back.

2. purplelilac

grape / 89 posts

@Calibee: I completely understand where you are coming from. I have 2 girls and our third Is going to be a boy. I am excited for something new- but also a bit nervous. Change is scary.

I am also feeling like a house these days. In the last few days I have noticed some surprised reactions from people when I tell them I'm Due in July (so still have 4 months to go). What I am I going to look like in June?!

3. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@JennyG: you already had your glucose test?! Are we there already???

I am not very big yet, but definitely feeling it when I bend and what not! Baby is kicking frequently too.

4. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@purplelilac: haha yeah. People are like oh. Man. You've got a ways to go! I found that with my second the growth evened off a little bit in third tri.

5. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

Glad I'm not alone in the insatiable hunger department. Though still finding myself turned off by some foods really suddenly so when I do find something good I make the most of it

6. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Calibee: great news that everything is looking good ! I have mine on Tuesday and starting to feel nervous !

I also feel enormous at the moment. It was February holidays here so I haven't seen my students for two weeks and of course everyone commented on my bump!
    Also scared to think of what I'll look like closer to July! Just hope it won't be too hot!

For those of you with several children, did your second labour go faster ?? And before or after due date ??

7. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@mamainthesun: my first was ten days late and three days of labor, 45 min of pushing. My second came on his due date, about 1.5 days of labor and 4 min of pushing

8. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@Mrs. J: I had to take mine early because I had GD with my first. My doctor said I could go for the 3 hour test or just assume I had it and start checking my sugar 4 times a day. I was so sick the last time I took the 3 hour that I just opted for the finger pokes instead of the 3 hour. You still have a few weeks before you're guzzling the sweet orange drink.

9. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@mamainthesun: My first was about 5 hours of labor and an hour and half of pushing. But my water had broke with no contractions, so that was on Pitocin.

My second was 4 hours of labor at the hospital (I was a 7 when I got there) and a little over an hour of pushing. It really only took 8-10 pushes but my contractions were far apart (like 6-8 minutes) even though I was at a ten.

My doctor has already told me not to mess around once labor starts and get my butt to the hospital.

10. winniebee

@mamainthesun: My first came at 38.5 weeks - I had been having contractions since 30 weeks (and was on bedrest from 30-37 weeks) - I checked into the hospital at 6 pm and he was born at 6 am. My second came also at 38.5 weeks - also had contractions throughout third tri and was on modified rest from 30-36 weeks. Then, I was induced at 38.5 weeks because of a suspected growth issue. They broke my water at 1 pm and he was born just before 10 pm (no pitocin).

11. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

I'm so nervous about the second labor being faster! First labor was fast and furious, I can't imagine this one being faster! The Dude was born at 39.5 weeks, labor was a total of 6 hrs from first contraction to baby out, and I went from 3 cm to 10 cm in an hour! Thank goodness they didn't send me away (hospital is 40 min away) when I was only at 3. And the aftermath of that fast labor was not pretty. So if the second is faster ... yikes.

12. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

oh man, this is my worry too! My first was 8 hours of labor and 20 minutes of pushing. I remember the nurse saying "And the next one will be even FASTER!" literally 2 minutes after I pushed DD out. I remember thinking, ok thanks but can I just focus on this one now? Now that I'm pregnant, her words just play over and over in my head. I think I may just camp out in the parking lot of the hospital once I feel my first contraction...

13. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

My first was also really fast. Contractions came out of nowhere at like 5 minutes apart. I went from first contraction to 9 cm in less than 4 hours. Then I got my epidural and things slowed way down. (I had been begging for one since the time we got to the hospital--hello crazy back labor! But both anesthesiologists were in emergency c-sections.)

Even after the epidural, I had a baby less than 12 hours after going into labor. And the doctor said it would have been faster, but her head was turned to the side--hence the back labor from hell.

14. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@JennyG: my midwife told me no messing around too! They never believe me on the phone, so I was already at a 9 when I got to my 40 week apt with DS2.

15. winniebee

July 2017 Mamas
    Beatlesfan629: 7/1 (#2)
    Honey786: 7/1 (#1)
    Purplelilac: 7/1 (#3)
    Winniebee: 7/3 (#3)
    Just_Ju: 7/4 (#2)
    Jennyg: 7/7 (#3)
    Enjollah: 7/9 (#3)
    Mamainthesun: 7/10 (#2)
    Calibee: 7/11 (#2)
    Hawaiiangirl: 7/14 (#3)
    Makingbabyw: 7/15 (#1)
    Nutella: 7/20 (#2)
    Mrs.J: 7/27 (#3)
    Jaypegs: 7/27 (#2)
    Smores: 7/27 (#2)
    Odynsmom: 7/29 (#2)
    Mrs. Goose: 7/29 (#2)

Anatomy Scans:
    3/7: Mamainthesun
    3/10: Mrs. Goose
    3/11: Mrs. J

16. purplelilac

grape / 89 posts

I had a follow-up US today and (finally!) everything looked great with our baby boy. The "bright bowel" is gone and he is measuring on track. Such a relief. The MFM doc wants me to come back for one more US at 28-32 weeks, and I'm not sure I'll do it. I am nervous they are going to find something new to be worried about.

Regarding past labors- my girls were fast (6 hrs, 4 pushes), and faster (2 hrs, 2 pushes). According to my Dr third babies can do their own thing and don't always follow a pattern so I am banking on that. Otherwise this little guy will be born at home

17. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@purplelilac: wonderful news!!!

18. winniebee

@purplelilac: oh thtz great news!! I get what you mean - more high tech ultrasounds often just mean more little issues to find. I have a cervical ultrasound next week and a growth scan at 32 weeks and I'll never be able to be excited about those!!

19. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@purplelilac: yay! Great news!

20. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@purplelilac: That's great news! I feel the exact same way about the super high tech ultrasounds. I have to go for a fetal echocardiogram ultrasound in two weeks to check on the baby's heart. I know it's for the best and better to get super in depth than miss something, but I wonder if we sometimes end up getting ourselves worked up or worried about something for nothing.

21. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@purplelilac: great news!! I'm so happy baby boy is looking good !

It's so interesting to see how every birth is so different ! I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the second one goes!!
    I had my anatomy scan this afternoon and everything looks great !! So happy!!

22. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@mamainthesun: Yay for a great anatomy scan!!

23. winniebee

@mamainthesun: Great news! Congrats!

24. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

Thanks ladies!! Next pregnancy milestone?? Birth?!

25. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@purplelilac: Awesome news!!

@mamainthesun: That's great!

26. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@mamainthesun: yay!!!!

27. winniebee

My boobs are so big and swollen I feel like they are going to explode. So uncomfortable. 23 weeks -- is it too early to count down the weeks?!

28. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: mine are much bigger but thank god not uncomfortable...Just have had some "milk leaks" already...I didn't know it could happen this early! Thank God it's still cold and I wear many layers!

29. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@winniebee: @mamainthesun: I'm pretty "blessed" in that area to begin with, but I'm still not back to my pre-pregnancy bra size (still nursing...so maybe it's that? But we're down to once a day, so maybe it's not that...). I'm terrified to see what happens when my milk comes in for this pregnancy. I'm thinking some pretty unheard of letters of the alphabet.

30. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@winniebee: I don't even know what's normal for my boobs anymore. I went right from nursing my 11 month old to pregnant again. They don't really hurt as much as feel really full and kinda heavy.

And no, I'm with you at 23 weeks tomorrow. I think it's perfectly acceptable to countdown the weeks. I have an app on my phone that is counting down to 1. due date (no way I'm making to that) 2. 37 weeks (cerclage comes out), and 3. 32 weeks (can deliver at my local hospital, which was a goal with my daughter, but hopefully get way past that this time).

31. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

My boobs are huge too, but luckily, they never got as sore as they were with my first pregnancy. They are so itchy though!! What are you ladies all using for creams?
    I guess this time around I would need something more for the itchiness than anything. I'm not that worried about preventing stretch marks because all the ones I had from pregnancy #1 have already resurfaced. I tried all the fancy creams last time trying to prevent them but they showed up anyway

32. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

@purplelilac: fantastic update! Glad everything looks good!

@mamainthesun: hooray for a great anatomy scan!

@BeatlesFan629: I'm with you on the itchiness! I have some generic Target shea butter lotion I think. It's a giant bottle. I use that once in a while, but should use it more. (Husband isn't fond of the smell, so I don't use it regularly.)

We had our fetal echo this morning, and everything looked great. Finally no more concerns (for the time being, at least). We got a pretty good picture of baby's face, and she looks a lot like her big brother!

33. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@winniebee: mine are slowly growing this time. With DS1, I went from a B to a DD by 21 weeks. By the time I got pregnant with DS2, I was down to a C and quickly went back to DD. This time, I was down to a B and am only at a Cish right now at 20 weeks

34. winniebee

I went down to my usual B after I weaned DS2. I'm back up to a D and will be DD/E when nursing. And they hurrrrrt!

@just_ju: aweseome news!

35. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@BeatlesFan629: I Burt's Bees Mama belly butter (I think that's what its called). Its so creamy and smooth and makes my skin feel amazing.

36. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@just_ju: Great to hear!

37. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

Has anyone started shopping yet? What did you buy? Other baby prep?

I bought my first few boy clothes last week. I know July will be here before we know it, but I'm just not feeling super motivated to get anything done. I would rather nap!

38. honey786

grape / 81 posts

@Calibee: I went through some major "nesting" moments the last couple weeks but have calmed down now. This is my first so I have nothing yet, but I don't plan to have everything purchased or ready by the time she comes. I decided I should order a glider this weekend since they take so long to get. I have an idea of what else we want to buy for nursery furniture, the stroller, carseat, etc... but won't start buying until we get closer. We started clearing out the room we want for the nursery and are doing some other minor home improvement projects. I am with you on wanting to nap instead!

On another note, I have been craving and eating sugar like CRAZY the last couple of weeks. Anyone have advice on how to stop? I am nervous for my glucose test next week. Whatever the results, I would really like to figure out how to not cave into the sugar addiction.

39. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

@honey786: oh my goodness, my sugar craving is so out of control too. My plan is replace my sugary snacks with healthier choices. Nuts maybe? My OB told me on GD testing day to eat protein (lots of eggs lol) and vegetables, so that's my plan.

40. winniebee

@honey786: ugh I'm like buddy the fracking elf lately. give me alllll the sugar GD test is Monday!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee