Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2017 Moms!

1. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Calibee: @BeatlesFan629: yeah more July babies!! Congratulations to you both and enjoy the new born snuggles!

2. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

Is anyone else having trouble with this thread? I can't see the latest comments.

3. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

Eta: Mr. Bee fixed it, it seems.

How is everyone doing? I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and this kid is so low!

4. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Mrs. J: chugging along! My baby is not low at all...so taking after my first kiddo. Did you go early at all with either of your first two? Sounds promising maybe with how low youre feeling babe. I really want my body to start some kind of action soon. Why is the end of July so far away?! Had a stretch and sweep tueesday, but I'm only a 1 and baby's head is floating and my cervix is long so I knew it wouldn't do much. Going to call my midwife about acupuncture tomorrow. She's pretty sure that my best vbac shot is spontaneous labour and I think my best shot is spontaneous labour as close to 40 weeks and not over!

I accidentally typed 50 above initially on my phone....could you imagine??!! Haha

5. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Mrs. Goose: it does seem so far away!! My first was 10 days late and my second was one his due date, so I'm not anticipating going early, just hoping! When she checked me at 36 weeks, I was 1cm with a long cervix but I haven't been checked since then. It's not necessarily a good indicator of when you'll go into labor and it's totally a mind game!!

Omg 50 weeks would be a killer!!!😱

6. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Mrs. J: ugh. I'm step b positive this time too. I wish cervical checks actually indicated signs about labour. Ha!

This is random but elephants have it rough to be pregnant for so long! So maybe just think about them as we wait. Haha. 95 weeks says google! My first was 14 days late so whenever anyone says "you're close" I think yeah, sort of, but maybe not really. That's a whole month extra that I was pregnant from where I am now!

7. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Mrs. Goose: I'm still a 1 and my cervix is still long I just have to remind myself that can change very rapidly.

8. Veggie

coffee bean / 40 posts

@Mrs. Goose: @Mrs. J: Is it weird I would enjoy that?! I'm going to miss my belly, having the baby around with me all day, and feeling the little kicks! Maybe part of that is just being nervous about how it's going to be once baby is in the world.

9. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Veggie: :). I think if I was pregnant with no other children then it would be more enjoyable. I just want to be able to take care of my current kiddo easily, but also want to know my little passenger is out safe and sound too.

10. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Mrs. J: for sure! I'm trying to book acupuncture for next week to see if that might get things moving, but preparing for similar news to be given to me at my next midwife appointment Monday. My midwife said she wouldn't want the baby to come before 39 weeks anyway. Not that there are any indications that is likely at all! I probably have another lifer in here!

11. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

I haven't been doing a great job participating, but I've been reading!

Today was my 38 week appointment, and they mentioned for literally the first time that their practice is to recommend induction no later than 39+6 for woman with my BMI (just over 40). I freaked! My goal is an intervention free labor, which I had successfully with my son at 40+1. What would you do?? Some friends have said they would switch practices over this. Try all the natural induction methods, even though I believe in letting the baby set its own timeline unless otherwise clinically indicated? Just decline and deal with the fallout? I've has NSTs 2x weekly and ultrasounds 1x since 32 weeks and everything has always looked "perfect." My blood pressure is low, I don't have GD. This is super stressing me out, which isn't going to help me go into labor either!

12. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@jaypegs: based on all the things you have mentioned about your health and how this pregnancy has been going, I don't know why your doctor wouldn't let you do what seems to be the standard induction date of 41+3 (at least recommended by obgyns in Canada) and I think the ACOG. https://m.acog.org/Womens-Health/Labor-Induction?IsMobileSet=true

I only looked quickly but couldn't find specifics about bmi and induction, just general induction practices.

At the very least I'd see if they let you have those few extra days to go into labour at the same time as with your first since you didn't go over much anyway. I'd be pissed that this is the first time they're mentioning it to you. If it was me and they didn't have a great reason besides this bmi business then I'd switch I guess. That being said, because you went into labour at 40+1 last time, an induction at 39+6 would probably work in your favour I'd assume. I know that's difficult when all you want is no interventions at all and have had that before too.

13. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

@Mrs. Goose: Thank you! I was spinning yesterday, and after a night of a lot more research than sleep, feel much more prepared to decline unless they can present me with bothe the research that supports this recommendation (I can't find it) and reasons why an induction is clinically indicated in my specific pregnancy.

14. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Veggie: haha I used to miss it too, but I have two littles who make me very tired and it's hard to parent when you're so big. I'm sure I will miss it a lot as this is our last child.

15. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@jaypegs: I would be livid if this was the first mention and no other reasons except BMI. I think your decision is perfect.

16. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@Mrs. Goose: Agree! I was much less miserable at the end of my first pregnancy. This time I just wanted that baby out asap! Being hugely pregnant while chasing a toddler is no joke.

17. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

Some bloody discharge this morning! Maybe this baby is coming sometime soon.

18. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@Mrs. J: exciting!!!

19. winniebee

@jaypegs: that's upsetting. Your decision seems reasonable to me

20. Veggie

coffee bean / 40 posts

@Mrs. J: Maybe we will be date twins!

Today is the day for me, doing final preparations then headed into the hospital in a few hours for the cesarean!

21. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Mrs. J: I'm stalking you! fingers crossed baby 3 is on the way soon. Can't wait to see if you have a he or a she!

22. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Mrs. J: exciting! At least it's something.

@Veggie: congrats on being so close to meeting your baby. Hope it's fabulous.

23. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Veggie: @Mrs. Goose: some contractions, but i am not timing yet.

@Mrs. Microscope: eeee! In a few months it will be you!!

24. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Veggie: good luck!!

25. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

So little miss was born this morning after a very fast labor. I was 10cm when we got here and she was born after 1 push!

26. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Mrs. J: aww, congrats!! A girl too! :). Exciting. Sounds like an epic birth.

I'm like the last one hanging on in all my birth groups. Haha.

27. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Mrs. J: what's her name?! oh also, did that make a difference for your gbs antibiotics? That you got there at 10 cm

28. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@Mrs. J: Congratulations!!!!!

29. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

@Mrs. J: Congrats! Were you really surprised it was a girl?

@Mrs. Goose: I'm still hanging on here too! How are you feeling?

I declined the early induction at the doctor's office yesterday, and they pretty much just said ok. Now I'm just hoping they won't be all intervention happy whenever I do go into labor!

30. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@jaypegs: 39 weeks tomorrow. Just ready to meet this little person and hoping things work out for a vbac. I'm so nervous and in limbo and nobody is very optimistic about me going into labour by myself...and, just like my last pregnancy, there are no indications that labour is even remotely on the horizon.

Glad they didn't fight you on induction. Although if you're steadfast in decisions and there is no basis then it's your body and there isn't anything they can force you to do! Without potential repercussions....

31. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Mrs. Goose: her name is Madeleine Marie I only got one round, so we had to stay 48hrs like with DS2. Hopefully discharged this morning!
    @Calibee: thanks!!
    @jaypegs: yes! I was pretty convinced or tried to tell myself it was another boy, although I had a small feeling she was a girl.

32. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Mrs. J: that's so pretty! Have your boys met her yet? I'm pretty sure mine is a boy. I don't even have a small feeling that it's a girl. I would be extremely surprised if it's a girl and very happy either way. I already have a girl at home.

Hope you get to go home soon!

33. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Mrs. J: yay! Congratulations on your little lady!

34. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

@Mrs. Goose: I'm 39 weeks today, so I feel you! I'll have my fingers crossed for you VBAC. I'm sorry people aren't being more encouraging! Our bodies can do marvelous things and I don't think it's at all unusual for nothing to be happening at this point anyway. I've declined all cervical checks this time, but last time I was still closed at 39 weeks and had my son at 40+1. Have you thought about listening to any meditations or affirmations?

@Mrs. J: what a pretty name, and it must have been such a fun surprise! I had felt like this baby was a girl, but after the ultrasound tech made a pretty obvious slip, figure it's probably a boy. It will be fun to find out for sure though!

35. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@jaypegs: :). Thanks. It may be a good idea to listen to something although I'm not even sure where to start. My husband is even more convinced that it's a boy just because of the ultrasound techs' behaviours when they ask us what we have already and asked us to look away repeatedly at our scans.

36. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Mrs. Goose: yes! I think they are going to smother her with love haha.
    @Mrs. Microscope: thanks!!!

37. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

@Mrs. Goose: I've been listening to Gabrielle Targett's A Labour of Love tracks (amazon has them cheap) and just bought the Hypnobabies Come Out Baby track. They are both more hypnosis based, if you're open to that. One of Gabrielle Targett's tracks is affirmation based, but I haven't listened to that one yet. I find them all very relaxing and reassuring!

38. winniebee

@Mrs. J: so happy for you!

39. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@jaypegs: thanks. I'll check it out. I remember sampling some hypnobabies tracks and not liking them much, but I'll see if I'm in a different head space now and they appeal more.

40. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@winniebee: thank you! Now to remember how to do this newborn thing

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee