Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2017 Moms!

1. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

Omg complete new mom brain. Our new baby's middle name is not Thomas. It is Taylor. Hahahahha!!!!!

2. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@winniebee: bahahaha I was wondering what happened there!!

3. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

Baby is on the way!! Water broke this morning at 2:30! Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl!!

4. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

5. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

6. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

7. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@JennyG: yay. Good luck!

8. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

9. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@JennyG: good luck!!!! Can't wait to find out what you're having!!

10. winniebee

@JennyG: good luck!!!!

11. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@JennyG: Yay!!! Good luck!

12. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@JennyG: yay! Hope everything went/is going ok!

13. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

It's a boy!! We decided to name him Andrew William after my dad and my husbands grandfather.

I had a lot of contractions Friday night, but they weren't very painful and were only 10-12 minutes apart. I decided to see if I could sleep through them and get some rest. At 2:30, I woke up when my water broke. I went downstairs and tried walking around to see if I could get the contractions going. I was doing all this with a giant towel between my legs which was quite an experience.

At 4:00, I decided to call my doctors office. She suggested I head in to L&D to get checked. We got there around 5:00. I was barely contracting, maybe every 15 minutes and was still 3 cm. By 8 am, my contractions weren't picking up and I was at 5 cm. The doctor wanted to try some pitocin to get things moving. I was fine with that, but wanted an epidural if we were going that route. The pitocin got started at 9 and I had the best epidural ever. I mostly just tried to rest and relax as I made my way to 10 cm around 1:15.

It was time to push, but the epidural was still strong enough that I could feel anything. It didn't matter though because apparently I was pushing enough sincf he was out in only two pushes.

He's a little bruised up from coming so fast, but he's doing so great and nursing like a champ!!

14. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@JennyG: congrats! What a sweet boy!

15. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@JennyG: welcome little guy. Congratulations! 5 weeks until my due date seems so far away. I want to find out who is in there!

16. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

Congratulations! What a beautiful little boy 💜

17. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@JennyG: Congratulations!! He's perfect!

18. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@JennyG: congrats!! He's beautiful!

19. winniebee

@JennyG: congratulations!! He is awesome!!

20. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

I had my 39 week check up yesterday. Still not dilated or effaced at all. It's such a discouraging feeling. I asked them about getting induced and they told me that they will not induce me before 41 weeks... That would mean 7/7 for me. But the kicker is that they don't do inductions on Fridays, so the earliest they said they could do it for me is 7/10. I seriously want to cry (actually I did cry lol) thinking about how far away that feels. To have a baby in almost the middle of July when my due date is technically the end of June is so annoying. I know I'm being dramatic/hormonal and things could change but I just know from my previous experience that nothing I did worked and this is the route I had to take. That doesn't mean I'm not trying all the old wives tales to get this baby out because I am...it just sucks.

21. winniebee

@BeatlesFan629: ugh that IS a long way off. I feel for you I was crying after my 38w visit thinking it would never happen!! Walking seems to really get things moving for me.

22. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@BeatlesFan629: Ugh I'm sorry. That's so frustrating. The end is just so hard.

23. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@BeatlesFan629: I'm so sorry—that stinks. The last few weeks are so hard!

24. honey786

grape / 81 posts

Baby arrived on Sunday, June 25 at 4:23am! Light contactions started Friday night. I labored at home all of Saturday and we called our provider to go in at midnight on Sunday. The hospital was full so we got diverted to another one. (We discussed which hospital midwifes suggested and our doula helped us decide too). By the time we left the house I was already in active labor, when I got checked at the hospital I was 7 1/2 cm dilated. Took about two hours until she arrived via water birth. She is a perfect 8 lbs. 4 oz. and 20 inches long. Welcome to the world Elinor Maya!

25. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@honey786: congrats. Sounds like it went great! She's beautiful.

26. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@honey786: congrats!! She's beautiful. How was the water birth? I'm so intrigued!

27. winniebee

@honey786: welcome elinor! She's beautiful!

28. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@honey786: Congrats!! She's beautiful!!!

29. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

Just had my 38 week appointment. I'm 4cm and 80% effaced. How am I not in labor yet???

30. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@honey786: congr atulations! She's beautiful and a lovely name!! Enjoy

31. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Calibee: crazy!!!!

I felt like this kid was trying to escape today. Lots of pangs of pressure on my cervix this morning, and I could totally feel the baby trying to wiggle down. I'm 35 going on 36 weeks, so I'd like a *little* more baking time!!

32. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@honey786: congrats! Gorgeous!

@Calibee: so jealous! That's awesome though!

33. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@BeatlesFan629: I agree! Calibee is probably in labour now!! Exciting!

34. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@BeatlesFan629: I'm sorry. That is so disappointing when all you want to do is meet your little one. After doing so much to keep this baby in, I thought the minute they took the stitches out I would go into labor or at least within 24 hours. After being upset for a few days, I decided to try to do one thing everyday that would be more difficult or not possible once the baby was here. While it didn't bring him any faster, it put me in a better place during the waiting. Lots of hugs!!!

35. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@honey786: Congratulations!! She's a doll!! I love the name.

@Calibee: Wow! Once labor starts, your baby will be here before you know it.

@winniebee: How's life on the other side with 3 little ones?

36. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@mamainthesun: I wish!! Still very much pregnant over here.

37. purplelilac

grape / 89 posts

@honey786 and @JennyG and @winniebee: congratulations!! I was so excited to read both your babies are here! But also rather jealous.

Luckily, after 3 days of on/off contractions my baby finally decided to make his move! Last night I woke up at 11 with stronger contractions. After 20 minutes they were 4-min apart and quite strong. We headed to the hospital as soon as my sister came over to stay with the girls. When we finally made up to L&D (longest walk ever) and they checked me I was 8+ cm! Our baby boy was then in my arms 20 min later (for a total active labor of 90 min). He was 8lb 13oz and 21in making him the biggest and fastest baby yet. His sisters were thrilled to meet him today but less than thrilled when daddy had to take back home for dinner and bed

Hang in there pregnant mamas! Your time is coming I promise.

38. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@purplelilac: congrats!!!

39. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Calibee: hahaha it could change very fast!!

Anyone trying anything to kick-start labour?!
    I'm had an acupuncture session yesterday and an underwater osteopathy session...

@purplelilac: yeah! Congratulations!! Wow what a quick (and easy?!) Labour!! I've heard that the third labours go slow, lucky you!! Enjoy the hugs and kisses!

40. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@purplelilac: Yay! Congrats!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee