Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2017 Moms!

1. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@purplelilac: wow that was fast!! Congrats!!!

2. Veggie

coffee bean / 40 posts

Late to the thread but my due date is July 18th! At my 36w appointment I wasn't dilated or effaced but I did find out the baby is breech. I go in tomorrow for an ECV. It's my first baby and currently measuring 7lb11oz so I have the odds against me but I'm really hoping!

Any other breech July babes out there?

3. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@purplelilac: Congrats!!

4. purplelilac

grape / 89 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

5. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

We're officially in July!! Come on babies!

6. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@mamainthesun: Right?! Let's have some babies!!

7. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@Veggie: Welcome! How did your ECV go?

8. Veggie

coffee bean / 40 posts

@Calibee: It was cancelled after an hour of monitoring because l&d got really busy. Was there a full moon recently? My dr said maybe today but that doesn't look like the case so hopefully Monday!

9. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Veggie: welcome!!

I had my 36w appt yesterday, and I am 1cm dilated but my cervix is still pretty long. I think I've been losing pieces of my mucus plug.

10. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

Just found out I'm GBS+ again. Boo

11. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Mrs. J: oh no! What is it?

12. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@mamainthesun: group beta strep. It means I have to receive antibiotics while in labor for the baby

13. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Mrs. J: here it's called strep b, I hope it works out ok...my doctor told me I had strep a, but apparently not a problem...

I went for my last appointment this morning and cervix is soft and a good opening already! So fingers crossed he coming soon! I also feel him very low!

14. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@mamainthesun: yeah group b strep. My phone auto corrected this morning haha.

Good luck! Hope it's soon!!

15. winniebee

@Mrs. J: that stinks. I had it this time too and didn't even get the full dose of abx before he was born. They just ran a blood panel the next day and all was ok though

16. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@Mrs. J: That's a bummer. I was positive last time but am negative this time. So weird how it can be different for different pregnancies.

17. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@winniebee: I didn't get the full dose with L, so they kept us for observation. I'm hoping to be able to go home sooner, like I did with J! We only stayed one night with him.

18. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Calibee: I was negative with my first, and now positive with second and third. Very weird indeed!

19. winniebee

@Mrs. J: with 2 others at home stay in the peaceful hospital as long as possible lol!!!

20. purplelilac

grape / 89 posts

@Mrs. J: I agree with @winniebee: stay in the hospital as long as possible. I love my big kids but I definitely needed some time away from them to get set up with this new baby. We've been home almost a week now and things are starting to get more manageable, but I am still missing room service and a call button.

21. winniebee

How is everyone doing?!

Life with 3 is pretty crazy! We have part time child care (no family nearby) but I am in charge of all 3 quite a bit. Our older is super enamored with G and wants to be around him all the time. He's been acting out in other ways and has been very emotional! The 2.5 year old has been.....SO difficult. He doesn't want me holding or feeding the baby and in general has felt himself get bumped from baby status. Now that I'm out of the fog a little bit, I'm better able to manage him and all of the BIG emotions. G is doing great though. At 2 weeks he was 7 oz above his birth weight, so BF is going well. He still sleeps a lot during the day though he does have some longer awake stretches now. Nights are still hit or miss - we had 5 nights where he did a FIVE hour stretch. But mostly he's up every 3 hours. Definitely my best sleeper so far!!

Can't wait to see more July babies!!

22. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

Hey everyone, so sorry for my silence on this thread! We have exciting news in that baby boy #2 arrived ahead of schedule on June 22! Four weeks early so of course my hospital bag wasn't packed (I had a list written down & in my head so was able to yell at DH on the way out the door)
    Labour this time around was fast! Pretty much skipped any early labour apart from a few Cramps which then escalated quickly. Made it to hospital just in time.
    Baby boy is healthy and feeding well, sleeping lots, very chilled...our older LO is the real challenge as he is non-stop energy BUT he's in love with his new baby brother so it's all very cute. And worth it!

Wishing everybody luck for their upcoming dates! If you haven't already...pack your bags!!

23. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

@winniebee: how long did you feel emotional and a bit fragile? I'm still in the thick of it, I think. DH went back to work this week so it was a bit daunting but I suspect hormones are also playing a part...

24. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Nutella: congrats!!!

Man this kid is sitting right in my pelvis. So low! 37 weeks today.

25. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Nutella: congratulations on your babe's safe arrival! I'm packing mine this weekend, but would be ridiculously surprised to go into labour before 40 weeks.

Just hanging out here. Nothing to report. Feeling like I'll be pregnant forever. Don't have an appointment until next week when I'll just be over 37 weeks.

26. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Nutella: congratulations!! So happy it all went well and that big brother is so in love with baby brother!

27. julieloran

apple seed / 1 posts

Hi, happy future moms! My name is Julie and I am from Russia originally. Moved to Prague a couple of years ago, and found the love of my life here. I was so happy about it, we were young and careless. Even though I was 20 when we started dating I already knew I wanted a kid. Two. Three or even more. He was focused on education and career. So was I, but I still considered a big family in my future. In out future. Several years have passed, and look at me now - I am pregnant with my first baby and the daddy is all proud and happy. We have reached enough goals and started our own business together. The only thing he was worried about was a financial support for a kid that we can easily give to for now. I always wanted to be a young mom, and I am! Luckily, not much of symptoms so far, but I can feel the happiness down there. Does it count?:)

28. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

I'm 39+3 and aggg so over it! Everything I feel makes me wonder if labour is starting..I don't remember being this impatient with the first one!
    Also still very hot here...that doesn't help!
    Good luck to all the ladies near the end!

29. Veggie

coffee bean / 40 posts

@Nutella: Congrats on your little one!!

@Mrs. Goose: I didn't even think about packing a hospital bag until 36w. We had the car seat installed before I started the bag. Now at 38w2d I'm thinking of pulling it out of the trunk and going through it again hah!

@mamainthesun: That's how ai feel too, everytime I move I think my water is going to break. I wonder if its a sign that our bodies and minds are more intune than we think!

I had a chance to try the version this week but unfortunately it wasn't successful, I'm still recovering from the soreness of that and mentally getting in the right head space for the cesearan.

30. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@julieloran: congrats, Julie. When are you due?

31. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Veggie: I think I was 36 weeks last time when I packed it. We installed the car seat last time at 38 weeks and same with putting the crib in or room. This time around I'm not even worrird about getting those two things ready. If we have a happy early surprise then we'll just get things in order when we can. No big deal. Ha!

Sorry your version was unsuccessful. I had an unplanned c section with my first because she got stuck. A c section was never even something I considered and emotionally it was a lot for me to deal with after, but overall the actual surgery and recovery was not too bad. It's a bit of a blessing that you can at least mentally prepare for it.

32. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Mrs. Goose: I haven't packed a bag yet either at 37 weeks, but I did install the car seat last week since I needed to move my eldest's over.

33. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Mrs. J: that definitely makes it more real. Going to be a party back there!

34. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

@Mrs. J: wowsers! Party time indeed! Good plan to have that sorted though!

35. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

@Veggie: thanks! The bag was a funny one because I was quite fussy about what I wanted included in there, but also couldn't be bothered packing it since it involves bending, moving, walking....so hopefully you have better luck finding motivation!

36. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

Baby boy was born Monday night! It was only three hours from them hooking me up to pitocin and breaking my water to a baby in my arms! So I'm very glad I was induced because I seriously question whether I would have made it to the hospital if I had gone into labor on my own.

Big sister is adjusting wonderfully so far. She loves to hold him and make sure he always has the stuffed animal that she bought for him.

At five days old he's almost back to his birth weight. Which makes me so very happy because my daughter had major weight gain issues.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of these July babies big arrivals!!

37. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@Nutella: @Calibee: congrats!

My baby boy decided to make his appearance Wednesday AM at 12:30 (missed being a 4th of July baby by 30 minutes).
    Labor came on fast and furious but went as well as one can hope. Baby boy has been such a good eater/sleeper. After having a rough newborn phase with DD, I'm grateful this time around is going much better. DD has been great with him, but is almost a little too helpful- if you want to call it that.
    I know I'm only a few days post partum and a lot can change but I'm feeling really good right now. I had such bad baby blues with DD (that started very soon after she was born), I just expected it to happen again. Like I said, I know a lot can change but it's just nice to feel this way now

38. winniebee

@Calibee: ahh congrats! glad things are going well!

39. winniebee

@BeatlesFan629: congrats!! I really think every postpartum recovery is different. I had bad baby blues with my first but really nothing but sleep deprivation the second time. This time it has been awesome. Emotional when thinking about our angel, but really everything has gone smoothly so far.

40. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@BeatlesFan629: @Calibee: congrats!!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee