Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2017 Moms!

1. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@winniebee: such a big week! I hope you can keep busy!! Glad to hear the scan went well.

2. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

Fun idea!

How far along are you? 10 weeks.

How are you feeling? A lot better actually. Pretty tired. Some food aversions. But a lot less nauseous over the last few days.

Best reaction to your BFP news? My mom. She was totally shocked. And cried (very happy tears).

Worst reaction to your BFP news? Nope.

Any appointments coming up? Yes. I have my NT scan and my 12 week appt at the end of the month. I need to get my blood drawn for that portion of the genetic screening, but I'm totally putting it off because I haaaaaaate needles.

Do you work? SAH? I've stayed home with my 20 month old since she was born.

Anything else? I get to stop my progesterone supplements in 2 weeks! Counting the seconds until that's over with...

3. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@BeatlesFan629: Oh grandma...

@winniebee: Awesome news on your latest ultrasound!

4. HawaiianGirl

pea / 23 posts

@mamainthesun: don't worry, im not showing either. even with the twins, I didn't show at the beginning, but then HELLO.

@Mrs. J: so cute about DS being sweet! I can't wait to see the twins reactions when we tell them they will be having a brother or sister.

@winniebee: Yay! And you look adorable!!

5. HawaiianGirl

pea / 23 posts

How far along are you? 9 weeks 3 days

How are you feeling? Pretty good! Occasionally tired and boobs are starting to feel sore, but that's about it.
    Best reaction to your BFP news? I'd have to say my reaction. I was jumping around and was all giddy.
    Worst reaction to your BFP news? Haven't told anyone besides DH, so no bad reactions. I'm sure I'll have some parents who won't be thrilled when they find out. Some get upset when we I'm on vacation/have a day off and their kid needs to be seen. So I can only imagine what how they'll react when they realize I'll be taking some time off.

Any appointments coming up? Yes, the 23rd!!
    Do you work? SAH? Yes, full time pediatrician. Possibly will be switching to part-time after the baby.

Anything else? Exciting for the Holidays! We go all out for Christmas! And afterwards, Hubby and I are taking a quick trip to Maui for the New Year.

6. HawaiianGirl

pea / 23 posts

Let's hear some announcement stories! ! I'm trying to figure out how to tell my kids and family. I didn't have to think with DH since he was next to me when I found out.

7. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: @HawaiianGirl: thanks ladies for making me realise I'm stressing for nothing!! I'll show when I show!!

8. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@HawaiianGirl: I've been wondering about that too, I want to do something special but not sure what!
    My mum arrives on Tuesday ( yes only one week!!) And I'm picking her up from the airport, then lunch at mine, possibly with some champagne to celebrate. So I need to tell her before I have to say no to bubbles!!
    With lo1 we had a little sign with an arrow that said pregnant. Maybe thinking of writing mama on it, and make him carry it up to her?!!
    I still need to think about it!

9. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@HawaiianGirl: my parents already know, but we are going to tell my husband's family at Christmas. Our plan is to give his mom a picture frame that says "Grandkids" (or something similar) on it and put a picture of our daughter in one slot, and the ultrasound picture in another. It's probably not the most creative idea but his family is very dramatic so I'm sure all of them will start screaming. lol

10. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@shellio: have you had any follow up since your last appt? Thinking of you!

11. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

@winniebee: stalking you to say yay for good news update, I've a good feeling about it all for you so plan lots of fun distractions and lots of deep breaths before next week!

12. purplelilac

grape / 89 posts

How far along are you? 11 weeks 3days
    How are you feeling? Any symptoms?
    I'm feeling great! My exhaustion seems to have ended last week and now I'm back to Basel end tired (life with 2 kids).
    Best reaction to your BFP news?
    I told a group of mom friends last week and they were all thrilled- except since we haven't told our girls yet we had to talk in code for the rest of the play date
    Worst reaction to your BFP news? So far so good
    Any appointments coming up?
    I had my 11/12 week appt today and (after some hunting) I heard the heartbeat on the Doppler which was a great relief! I have my NT ultrasound on Monday 12/19
    Do you work? SAH?
    I work PT but work has been very slow (thanks to Trump and his evironment hating ways) so I almost entirely home now
    Anything else? I can't wait for my US next week so (hopefully) I can breath a sigh of relief and move onto the 2nd tri.

13. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@winniebee: Thanks for reaching out. I had a repeat ultrasound today and the baby hadn't changed since last week so I'll have a D&C hopefully in the next couple of days, just need to schedule it. I'm not really feeling sad anymore, just ready to move on. Hopefully I'll be back on a due date board sometime soon!

14. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@shellio: I'm so sorry for you. Lots of and fingers crossed ! I love your positiveness!

15. winniebee

@shellio: I'm very sorry for your loss

16. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@shellio: Sorry for your loss.

17. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@HawaiianGirl: We had our daughter walk up to my parents wearing a 'Big Sister' t-shirt. It was cute.

18. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@shellio: I'm so sorry, mama

19. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

Work has been crazy busy, but I had some time today and realized I never jumped over from the June 2017 board when my due date changed.

How far along are you? 10 weeks 5 days

How are you feeling? Ugh, tired and frequently queasy. I never really know what's going to make me feel off, so it's always a guessing game.

Best reaction to your BFP news? My husband. This pregnancy was a complete surprise and I was freaking out, but he was just happy.

Worst reaction to your BFP news? My mom was completely shocked and I could tell a little like, what are you two thinking??

Any appointments coming up? Yes, but I have to reschedule. It's supposed to be on the 29th, but we won't be back from visiting my family over Christmas yet.

Do you work? Work. I'm currently a literacy coach working with 3-5 grade teachers. My position is grant funded so it's now up in the air if the district will pay for me to keep doing this or if I will be back in a classroom next year.

Anything else? This is baby #3 for us. DS is 3.5 and DD is 1. We're currently thinking about being Team Green since we have pretty much everything we would need either way. We'll see if we change our minds!

20. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@JennyG: welcome and congratulations with baby 3! When is your due date?

21. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@JennyG: welcome and congrats!!!

22. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@mamainthesun: July 7th. I will most likely end up being a June mama anyways because I don't tend to keep my babies in for 40 weeks. DS was born at 35 weeks and DD was born at 37 weeks. Here's to hoping this follows the pattern and makes it to 39 weeks!!

23. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@JennyG: my mom went longer with each! I was born at 33.5 weeks, my sister was at 37.5, and my brother was the day before his due date

24. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@JennyG: Welcome! My daughter came two weeks early--hoping for the same with this baby! That would put me at the very end of June, too.

25. winniebee

I've been a posting machine today but wanted to let y'all know my NIPT came back low risk and we are having another boy 💙💙💙💙

26. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@winniebee: CONGRATULATIONS!!

27. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@winniebee: congrats!!!! Three boys!!!

28. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@winniebee: Congrats!!! So happy for you!

29. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

I went to the doctor yesterday! And all was well!! Baby was bouncing around, so beautiful to watch!! I can't wait for the 12 week us after the holidays!

30. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@mamainthesun: so great!! I can't wait to hear/see our bean

31. purplelilac

grape / 89 posts

@mamainthesun: good news!
    @winniebee: yippee!

Question- has anyone been diagnosed with a UTI during their pregnancy? My urine test can back positive after my 8 week visit so I went on antibiotics. But then at my 11 week visit it came back positive again, so this time I'm on a stronger drug. According to my OB it's normal and common in pregnancy but I didn't have His in either of my other two so I'm caught off guard. Any experiences to share? Does it eventually get better?

32. winniebee

@purplelilac: I had this with two of my pregnancies but they cleared after 1 dose of antibiotics.

33. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@purplelilac: My understanding is that pregnant women are (unfairly!) very prone to both UTIs and yeast infections. And that they can often be asymptomatic so that's one of the reasons you get tested for them so frequently throughout pregnancy. Oh pregnancy. So glamorous.

34. purplelilac

grape / 89 posts

So today I had my 12 week US/NT scan. The baby looked so great flipping around in there and it put me at ease.. until I met with the doctor at the end. Turns out I have increased risk for Down syndrome (1:191). The odds are in my favor, but I have still been an emotional mess today. It doesn't help that my husband is out of town until Thursday and I head out for the holidays soon. I am having the Cell Free DNA test being done now and should know the results in 7-15 days. Just in time for me to be an emotional mess through the holidays with both of our families. I want to imagine being with family should make the wait easier, but I'm not sure that's true.

35. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@purplelilac: Oh I'm so sorry your scan didn't go as well as hoped for and that you have this stress to deal with. Hopefully everything will turn out absolutely fine - although I'm sure it will be hard to wait for your further test results. But you're definitely right that the odds are in your favor. Keep us posted!

36. winniebee

@purplelilac: I am so sorry that your ultrasound did not go well and you have to endure this stress. I have received bad news at ultrasounds and it is shattering. You're right that the odds are on your side. My NIPT just took only 6 days to get results. Hopefully you'll receive yours just as quickly

37. winniebee

Had ultrasound at MFM today - everything looks good so far. Early anatomy scan there on January 11 and then real deal on February 9. I'm so nervous for people to actually know that I'm pregnant!! But I guess I'll probably stop trying to hide it now...12.5 weeks.

38. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@purplelilac: Im so sorry for you. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best!

39. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: I'm happy everything is looking good! You must be showing quite a bit, are people not suspicious?!

40. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@winniebee: Great news! So glad everything is looking good.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee