Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. extrasprinkles

coffee bean / 44 posts

Hi All! After lurking around for far too long, I thought that I should join in and stop being a creeper!
    DH & I are in the Boston area and expecting baby #1 on 6/15! I'm psyched to see the 2nd trimester on the horizon -- fingers crossed for less vomming, nausea and skin issues. Good stuff, I know. Our NT scan is coming up next week and genetic testing results should be rolling in at some point as well. Eek!
    In any case, very happy to be joining this group!!!!

2. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@extrasprinkles: Congrats! We're currently due date twins but I think I might be moving to 6/10. I'll hear at my next appointment.

3. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@extrasprinkles: Welcome and congrats!

4. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

I forgot to mention on yesterday's NT scan, I was worried because the pee instructions were very specific. Pee two hours before appointment and then drink 16-24 fl oz of water prior to the appoint. I remembered the first part but not the second. I had only had a small cup of water and 4 oz of coffee. I thought I was going to get a lot of grief from the technician (I even hunted for water to chug while I waited for the appointment but didn't find any).

When the technician started she said "I'm so glad your bladder isn't full. A full bladder makes this so much harder on women with your uterus shape." Really? Couldn't they have said that to me before the appointment? They have been all up in my business lately. Apparently the water only helps them see the baby on some women. I would have been very frustrated if I was holding my extremely full bladder for two hours only to hear it was making things harder.

Did you have the same NT instructions? Did you follow them?

5. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Corduroy: I don't have any instructions whatsoever about peeing and drinking water leading up to my scan next week. Maybe it is because they are also doing the glucose screen (I have a risk factor for gestational diabetes so I have to get screened early). So my instructions are about when to drink my sugar water drink which I'm sure will just be so yummy!

ETA: Oh, and my OB's office has us pee in a cup for them every single time we are there for an appointment. So that would keep me from having a full bladder for the scan anyway.

6. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@extrasprinkles: congrats! I love that we are still getting new people in the group! Welcome!

Anyone else lurking???? Come out, come out!
    @Corduroy: they told me to come with a full bladder and I just had a cup of coffee. With J, I had specific instructions like yours, got stuck waiting a long time, and was dying! I swore never again. This time, even with just the one cup of coffee, they said they had a great view...so I agree that's the way to go!

7. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

I broke the news to my parents today...was going to wait until tomorrow, but my mom knew I had the gender results and was bugging me for them. I wanted to make sure my Dad knew the gender first (before my mom), since he didn't know I was pregnant (and he hates being the last to know a secret). I texted him these two pics and then they called me.

8. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@78h2o: Those pictures are adorable!

9. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@78h2o: How was the reaction?

J is so stinkin' cute!

10. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

I'm making our Christmas card from these photos I hope people can read them!

11. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Jess1483: I think the finger to the mouth one is awesome! Love them! You'll have to share your finished card.

My Dad was pretty shocked. He said he had mixed feelings - he said he knew it was what I wanted and he was excited about the prospect of another grandchild, but he was really worried about my ability to handle everything. Pretty much the reaction I expected. I'm glad it's over with!

12. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@78h2o: He was saying shhhh… Sort of. That's clearer in other photos, but then you can't read the sign.

I'm glad your announcement is over, too! Still have the ILs, though, right?

13. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@jess1483 & @78h2o soooo cute guys !

14. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Jess1483: So cute! And you can totally read the signs!

DH told his extended family the other day. He went down to FL with his parents for Thanksgiving (I had to stay home and work) so they called and had me on speaker phone talking to everyone and DH announced that his grandpa was getting a 4th great-grandchild (I'm the 3rd cousin on that side of the family who is currently pregnant so he's been getting lots of great-grandchild news!). We're telling my extended family next weekend during our belated Thanksgiving celebration.

15. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Jess1483: @78h2o: LOVE these!!!

16. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

So are my eyes (and clothes) playing tricks on me? I definitely feel like I'm starting to get a bump. On the left is my bloat bump at 6.5 weeks in one of my tennis outfits and the right is today (11w2d) at work. Also, yay for work bathroom selfies!

17. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

Oh - and I really need to go buy new bras. My regular bras no longer fit comfortably so I've been wearing this wireless sleep bra thing. Clearly not very supportive!

18. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Here was our announcement we posted on Facebook

Happy Thanksgiving!!

19. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsBrewer: That's awesome you got them to sit!!

20. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Here's our facebook announcement we posted this morning! My status was happy for our little turkey baking, however this turkey won't be fully baked until June! Happy Thanksgiving!

21. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

Since @78h2o: told the lurkers to come out ... Hi everyone! I've been following along pretty much from the beginning but wanted to wait until we got the all clear from the RE before joining the conversation :).

EDD: June 23

How far along: 10 weeks, 2 days

First child? Yep!

First doctor appointment: my first OBGYN appointment is next Wednesday. I just graduated from the RE at my "10 week" (9 week 6 days) appointment on Monday.

Any symptoms so far? I've had some mild nausea, but nothing too bad (knock on wood).

Who have you told? Both of our families, some close friends. Quite a few people knew right away - it was pretty unavoidable in our situation. We achieved this pregnancy using IVF, so several close friends and our families were aware of our testing and appointment timelines.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone and following along :).

22. Ifyoulikepinacoladas

coffee bean / 38 posts

@78h2o: I have been lurking! It really is time I formally joined haha!

EDD: June 11

How far along: 12 weeks 1 day

First child?: 2nd! I have an almost 5yo DD.

First doctor's appointment: I've had so many already! I'm high risk with a recurrent MC history and a sketchy immune system and went through an RE for this pregnancy. Have had 4 scans so far! NT scan was yesterday and passed with flying colours. Also got our Verifi genetic testing back - baby is super low risk .... And it's another !!!

Any symptoms: huge bloating, nausea, fatigue, heartburn, occasional rage, frequent peeing. I've been visited by 'em all!

Who have you told?: close family and friends have known for a while. Quite a few people I'm not even remotely close to have guessed because of the bloating. Awks!

23. Ifyoulikepinacoladas

coffee bean / 38 posts

This is the gender reveal I did for DH yesterday when I found out. We're keeping it to ourselves until Christmas - I've told DD that our baby doctor sent a letter to Santa telling him what it is, and she'll be getting something in her Santa Sack on a Christmas Day telling her if she's getting a brother or a sister (she's been really wanting a sister, so she'll flip out!) for everyone else I'm getting a cake done in the shape of a present with pink layers inside

24. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@just_ju: welcome!! Another Wisconsinite here!!

@Ifyoulikepinacoladas: welcome!! Very cute gender reveal!

25. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@just_ju: welcome due date twin!

26. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

@MrsBrewer: we're practically neighbors lol I'm an hour-ish north of MKE.

@rpparker: woo hoo! So excited to have a due date twin

27. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsBrewer: and @dc yoga bee: So cute! We still need to take a picture for our announcement.

@just_ju: and @Ifyoulikepinacoladas: Welcome! I'm glad everyone is coming out of the woodwork and officially joining us!

28. extrasprinkles

coffee bean / 44 posts

thanks for the welcome and hello to the other new mamas in the group! i am loving all of these fun announcements

@corduroy: hello due date twin (for now)!

@Mrs.KMM: any idea where you might look for new bras? i was thinking of trying to take advantage of all the black friday/cyber monday craziness for maternity wear but haven't made it happen just yet!

29. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@just_ju: oh how cool!! I'm in Milwaukee!

30. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

@MrsBrewer: Milwaukee is a fun city! We spend a lot of time there at Mayfair or AJ Bombers or visiting friends lol. It's really awesome to "know" someone near me

31. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@mrsbrewer your announcement is super cute! I have pups too and I wish I had thought of this!

Welcome to all the newbies yay for another baby girl @ifyoulikepinacoladas

DH and I have thought of a couple girl names.... I need help.

Lennan Kinsley Kayleigh. I know it's still super early but I'm so indecisive I have to start thinking now. Why do you guys think?

32. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I definitely see more of a bump! You look great!
    @MrsBrewer: Aww, your pups are so adorable. Cute announcement!
    @dc yoga bee: Another cute announcement!
    @just_ju: @Ifyoulikepinacoladas: woohoo! I am so glad you both de-lurked and joined us!

@Ifyoulikepinacoladas: How fun that you are on the opposite side of the world! My BIL is from Brisbane. Such a cute gender reveal!

@hocuspocus: I tend to pick really classic names, so I'm probably not much help on the name front. Out of those three, I think I like Kinsley the best. Our name list is huge... I have my picks narrowed down to like 15, lol!

My DD is going on day 7 of an awful GI bug (thankfully no puking, but no appetite and the worst diarrhea ever. I have been cleaning her and her surroundings about 10x a day. Thursday, my morning sickness was especially bad due to not sleeping well, and I ended up cleaning, puking, cleaning, puking all day. It was not pretty!!! I am 14 weeks today - HELLO 2nd TRIMESTER!!!!!!!! and super anxious for the morning sickness and fatigue to go away. I do feel like maybe I am starting to feel a little better, so hopefully that trend continues.

33. Ifyoulikepinacoladas

coffee bean / 38 posts

@78h2o: Yes! I keep on reading about you ladies getting into winter and I'm like SUMMER! It is upon us! Australian summers are pretty special too. Christmas Day is usually a scorcher love your announcement/gender reveal btw!

@hocuspocus: Separately all of those names are really nice but they're not flowing well together?? Maybe it's the two K names together?

We're pretty much set on our new LO's name: Emilia Judith May. Emilia I just love, Judith after MIL and May as a tribute to my grandmother Mavis (can't inflict Mavis on a sweet innocent in this day and age though - think that name will stay vintage!)

34. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Ifyoulikepinacoladas: Yeah, I have Skyped with my sister many times while she was celebrating Christmas in Australia and they were often barbecuing and wearing shorts, etc. My sisters in-laws also have a big celebration for Boxing Day, which we don't really do here. My BILs parents, two of his siblings, and their families are all going to my parents house for Christmas. My LO and I will likely fly home for the week before Christmas. It will be fun to see our "Aussie" side of the family!

I love Emilia Judith May! My husband is lobbying for Amelia, but I think it is too close to Julia??

35. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@78h2o: I don't think Amelia and Julia are too close. I think they're sweet together.

36. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@hocuspocus: Are those separate names or are you thinking all of them together?

@Ifyoulikepinacoladas: I like that name!! I think we're about set on our name options as well!

@78h2o: Aww, I hope you start feeling better!!

37. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

JUNE MAMAS

June 1: @78h2o (#2 ), @cascademom (#2 )
    June 3: @hocuspocus (#1 )
    June 5: @dc yoga bee (#1), @BabyMats (#2), @MrsBrewer (#1)
    June 10: @MamaB (#1)
    June 11: @merriment (#2), @Ifyoulikepinacoladas (#2 )
    June 13: @TarHeelBee (#1), @MUI831 (#2)
    June 14: @Eko (#1)
    June 15: @Corduroy (#2), @extrasprinkles (#1)
    June 16: @Mrs.KMM (#1)
    June 19: @Jess1483 (#2)
    June 23: @rpparker (#1), @just_ju (#1)
    June 24: @MrsKMM (#1)
    June 26: @LindsayInNY (#1)

38. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@LindsayInNY: thanks so much for updating the list.

39. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Welcome new mamma's!

I was able to eat Thanksgiving dinner, and then I promptly got right back sick. 13w4d, and still sick as a dog. The midwife thought I'd be over this at 12 weeks. No such luck. Maybe next week!?!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

40. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@dc yoga bee: Yeah, my friend who has had hyperemesis (I'm sure I spelled that wrong), is sick throughout her entire pregnancies. I hope that's not the case for you (it does get better after first tri, but definitely doesn't go away).

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee