Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. Ifyoulikepinacoladas

coffee bean / 38 posts

@LindsayInNY: @Mrs.KMM: @Eko: thank you!!!

2. extrasprinkles

coffee bean / 44 posts

@eko @LindsayInNY: so many crazy overlaps - DH was born in Nashua, we started dating when I lived in NYC on the UWS + he lived in (on?) Long Island and I lived in Porter Square when we first moved up here! I was born/raised in MA so I just roll my eyes when DH starts talking about buying this baby Mets gear ...

3. extrasprinkles

coffee bean / 44 posts

@dc yoga bee: Cheese has not been kind to me either, minus a string cheese here and there. It's been a lot of bland food (including Eggos!) and lemon water. Hang in there!!

4. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: Syrup sounds safe enough to me? Now I want some lol!

@extrasprinkles: Too funny!! How old is he? Wonder if we would know each other somehow... Yeah, luckily DH is a Red Sox and Tigers fan and I'm okay with either! No NY sports teams allowed!

5. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@extrasprinkles: that's crazy! definitely no NY gear in our house, haha. DH grew up in Maine so we are NE fans through and through.

6. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

This is my 12w12d us and bump pic. I did have sort of a flat belly so I am in big trouble with my small torso.

7. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Eko: that is a beautiful picture with all that detail!! You have a cute bump too!

8. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Eko: Yay! That's a great ultrasound picture! And you have a cute bump.

I can't wait for my appointment tomorrow (even if I do have to drink the nasty sugar water stuff for an early gestational diabetes screen)!

9. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: Wow! What a great ultrasound picture!!! Very cute bump pic too

10. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Eko: Cute and cute!!

11. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@dc yoga bee: With my LO, I lost 10 lbs in the first trimester from no alcohol and morning sickness. I gained it back in the second trimester.

12. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@dc yoga bee: @Mrs.KMM: @MrsBrewer: @cascademom: Thanks! I took the care to block out my face, but didn't take my name out of the ultrasound photo, whoops haha. not that it matters too much!

13. merriment

cherry / 222 posts

@EKO super cute bump and sonogram!!!

We had the NT sonogram yesterday and found out...BOY!!! Our first is a girl so I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by the idea of a boy! I thought I would find out the gender from the Materni21 test, not the NT!

14. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@merriment: Ohh, how exciting. One of each. Boys are a lot of fun. I'm a mommy to boy and soon to be another one.

15. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@merriment: That's really exciting you were able to find out! Congratulations!

16. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@merriment: Yay! One of each!

17. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@merriment: Wow! We didn't find out at the NT screening last time, and assume we won't this time either. But I'm jealous. I LOVE my little boy--and little boys love their moms!

18. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@merriment: Congratulations!!! That's so exciting to know so early!!

So, I'm doing my FSA, and oh okay I can pay for childbirth classes. I go to the hospital website, and they're BOOKED UNTIL JUNE! WTH!?!?!?! how are they already booked up this early!?!

19. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@dc yoga bee: Man - that is crazy!

What (if any) child birth classes are you guys planning to take? Just a general one? Or a specific birthing/labor method?

20. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Mrs.KMM: We've never held a baby, or changed a diaper- so everything and anything LOL. My midwife also suggested I look into hypnobirthing because I may not be a good candidate for an epidural due to prior nerve damage from wisdom tooth removal surgery.

21. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

I want to take Bradley Method classes and hope for a natural birth! I know I'm super early but it annoys me that no one replies to email requests for class info. I figure I'll wait a bit to call them.

I don't think LO likes candy. I ate a small bag of jelly belly jelly beans (and by ate, I basically inhaled them). Now I have a stomach ache. I would love for this baby to NOT have my sweet tooth and instead have DH's almost aversion to sweets (or extreme self control?).

22. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

I just posted another thread to see if anyone else has taken one but I am really interested in a Confident Childbirth method class. (http://www.confidentchildbirthmethod.com/about-confident-childbirth-method/why-confident-childbirth/)

Confident Childbirth teaches a combination of Lamaze breathing, Bradley husband/partner involvement, and Hypnobirthing relaxation. They are also “pro” natural birth, yet not “anti” intervention when such intervention is necessary to promote the “Healthy Baby, Healthy Mom” outcome. It really sounds like it fits with the mentality I want to approach our birth with.

23. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: Check now!! You're in a big city too. I'm 13 weeks, and everything is almost booked in the DMV. Like, I could only find January, or June 27th for a hospital tour! A hospital tour?!?! Press on my friend!

@Mrs.KMM: I'm going to look that up now! I have no preference one way or another as long as I survive. We have a history of death in childbirth (in the 2000s), so I'm really really really fearful of dying. Ahh I no longer live in Atlanta, OR Athens anymore! Womp womp womp!

24. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

I tried to take a Bradley method class before LO1 and there weren't enough interested people so she didn't run the class. We got the workbook and books and worked really hard without the class. I labored naturally for 13 excruciating hours (like, the morphine I eventually let them give me didn't even take the edge off excruciating) before giving in and getting an epidural (the pain I could handle, but 13 hours in, I still hadn't made it past 2 cm dilated). I figured (and my doc suggested) that at this point, if I was able to birth naturally, I'd be too exhausted to care when he was born, and if I wasn't able to, we'd be way more likely to end up with a C-section. 10 minutes after the epidural, I was dilated to 6! My body was just fighting itself. I'm going to try natural again this time, but if my body fights itself again, you can bet I won't wait 13 hours before getting an epidural!

25. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Jess1483: I know absolutely nothing about birth, so forgive me if this is a stupid question! But, what do you mean you're body was fighting itself? Like cramping up so you couldn't dilate, and then the epidural relaxes you?

26. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@dc yoga bee: Yes, exactly! The nurses/OB were all super supportive of me trying naturally and didn't say anything, but once I asked for the epidural, they all said they thought it was the right decision for me since my body was too tense. They all said my breathing/relaxation techniques seemed to be going well, they just weren't working.

27. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

Note: The Bradley books are rather terrifying and will convince you that if you get an epidural, your child will be a drug addict (I'm not really exaggerating.) I think natural birthing is really awesome (my masters thesis actually had a lot of midwife research in it), and I think it has benefits, great ones! But I think, like the breastfeeding v. formula feeding debates, that it's totally blown out of proportion. This has the unfortunate effect of making moms who want natural births but end up with interventions feel like they've failed. Is the baby out of you and healthy? Then you haven't failed. So, happy baby, happy mommy=success. This is my new philosophy (I had a really hard time accepting the epidural, but I am so, so glad I did given my situation.)

28. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: Most of the Bradley instructors only have classes listed through January! Honestly, we wouldn't stress a ton if we couldn't get into a class. My MIL runs a daycare and DH grew up around kids. And I've been babysitting since I was 12. A class would definitely be helpful but not essential for us.

29. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: That's pretty sweet! We know absolutely nothing about babies! I'm most interested in the infant care class. I haven't researched any of the. It thing methods other than to see they're darn near full

@Jess1483: I wonder if people really think their kid will be a drug addict from an epidural!?! I read an article today that said c-section babies are more likely to be obese. How is there even a correlation!?!

30. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@dc yoga bee: I had a lot of experience with babies (tons of babysitting/nannying/etc.) and I still wish I'd taken a newborn care class more than the labor and delivery class I took.

31. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Jess1483: I had the same experience with an epidural. I labored naturally (with contractions I could not walk or talk through) for about 28 loooong hrs before going to the hospital and finding out I was only a 4cm when the nurse checked me at triage. I was so exhausted, I reluctantly agreed to an epidural. I was 8cm when the doctor checked me just 15 min later, so I really think it sped things along. Julia was in a weird position and was born with her hand on top of her head and the cord around her neck, so I think my body was having a hard time with it.

The birthing class I took via the hospital was somewhat helpful... The breastfeeding class I took was far more helpful.

32. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@merriment: congratulations! I can't believe they would tell you so early from the a at scan? I thought even girl parts protruded like boy parts at that point? I'm sure that the people who do scans for a living know a lot more about it than I do though! When do you get your Materni21 results back?

@Eko: that is such a great u/s photo! You can see baby's profile so clearly! You have an adorable bump! I am tall but have a relatively short torso, so I feel your pain.

33. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@dc yoga bee: I did an infant care class. It was okay. I don't if I remembered anything of it by the time LO arrived. I think the pamphlet they gave us helped about swaddling, feeding, poop and pee counts early on.

34. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

On epidurals, I got one about 6-7 hours into labor. I was 4cm dilated when I got to the hospital. I wanted one immediately. I got it eventually when the doctor had time. It relaxed me enough to sleep through contractions and be ready for delivery. I labored a total of 14 hours with about half of it with an epidural. I'm pro epidural. It made my labor and delivery great!

35. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

Just got back from my appointment. Baby looked good and had a strong heartbeat! (No new photo or heart rate though ). And they took all the blood for the Panorama screen so we should find out the gender when we get those results back in 2 weeks!!

Oh - and I passed my (first) gestational diabetes test! Now I just have to hope I can do it again in a few months.

36. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Mrs.KMM: So glad your appointment went well. Lots of great news. Do you have a feeling about which gender you're having?! That's exciting that you will find out soon!

My LO has been home sick from sick since last Tuesday, when I had to leave work to get it her. I hate that I am burning through the sick leave that I was hoping to use for maternity leave. On top of that, I have a bad head cold and a little bit of the GI trouble my LO has been having. I just want to sleep all day, but of course, I have to watch J. I am getting so behind in stuff for work too.

She is napping now and I don't think I can resist the urge to nap as well... hopefully I will be able to listen to my alarm clock and get up int 30-40 min so I can take care of a few things while she's still napping. I will probably go into work tonight to lead a group if my babysitter can get here by 4pm. I really don't want to, but otherwise we have to cancel (as my backup person is MIA).

Ugh, sorry for the vent! It just sucks being sick while pregnant... all the helpful meds are off limits!

37. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@78h2o: DH and I both have a gut feeling that it's a boy. But obviously that is based off of absolutely nothing! I'm so excited we get to find out so soon though.

Sorry to hear that both you and J have been feeling sick. Have you taken J to the doctor now that she's been home sick for over a week? Maybe he can give her something to help her get better faster.

38. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I took her the first day she was sick and they said she had an ear infection and put her on antibiotics. They felt the GI stuff was something separate. She's supposed to be on the antibiotic 10 days, but I didn't give it to her yesterday because she was fighting it so hard (I'd had to hold her down the first 6 days) and I wondered if maybe it was making her belly worse? I know it's bad not to finish them though, so not sure what to do. Even with holding her down, she was spitting it out and not getting much of it the last day I tried. I called the doctor on Sat and asked if I could give her Imodium or something like that and they said, no, it just needed to run it's course. I do feel like she is a little better today, but I might call them anyway.

I thought my first baby was a boy and I was wrong! Both DH and I felt like baby #2 was a girl and we were right. So who knows about intuition! I guess it's 50/50.

39. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

Gah! I just told work I'm pregnant. I had a meeting this afternoon with my boss and the one other girl in our lab so I figured it was as good a time as any to tell them (and I've felt kind of bad missing work for appointments without them knowing why). They were both really excited for me so it went well. I was so nervous though!

40. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Yay! I told my work last Wednesday and I was so nervous but everyone was excited and it's so nice to have it out in the open! After I told my news, another coworker shared that his wife is also pregnant and expecting just a few weeks before me. So fun!

@Eko: Such a cute bump! I'm ready for a bump and not just bloat!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee