Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Jess1483: My worry now is I've been on Zofran every day except for two days for the past month. I worry about the long term effects. Also, I hadn't had a single vegetable in 8 weeks until I had some cabbage at Thanksgiving dinner!!! Even though I take my prenatal daily, I worry that the baby isn't getting all the nutrients he/she needs

2. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@dc yoga bee: I totally understand. I would be worried, too. But I truly do think your body knows what it's doing and your baby will be just fine. But I understand and am sorry you have to deal with it.

3. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Jess1483: I just weighed myself, and I've lost 3lbs in a week. I was only up 4lbs at my 12 week appointment. Yikes! Should I email the OB, or is it normal ebb and flow of first trimester?

4. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: I don't know if I'd stress TOO much? I'm only up 1/2 a pound right now. Maybe call if you keep dropping weight?

5. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: I sent a note just to be safe. She said she wasn't concerned yet that I'd only gained 4lbs at my 12 weeks, but she expected to see some weight gain within the next few weeks. Losing 3lbs in one week?! Why couldn't I do that when I was trying to lose weight prior to getting pregnant lol!

6. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: Oh man, tell me about it! I throw all dieting stuff out the window, eat whatever, and only gain 1/2 a pound?! WTF.

Speaking of, I'm hungry at work right now but don't know what I'm hungry for... Debating going to the drugstore across the street but don't know what to get!

7. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@dc yoga bee: I know my friend (who is pretty tiny to begin with) loses 10-12 pounds in her first 20ish weeks with her pregnancies. I usually don't gain much until later on either. If your OB isn't concerned, I wouldn't be either.

8. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: I was just able to eat a handful of green beans with potatoes. How about a cheeseburger!! Man, I could go for a cheeseburger! Okay, realistically- anything with cheese also sounds yummy

9. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Jess1483: @LindsayInNY: Thanks for the advice!

10. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: Cheeseburgers are my #1 cravings......it's bad! LOL

11. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsBrewer: Are you able to eat them? Please, eat a big juicy gourmet one for me! Or a Wendy's classic with cheese! I've been telling my family to go to Wendy's and eat a cheeseburger in my honor. With a Dr. Pepper. They think I'm crazy!

12. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: LOL!! Yes, I have been blessed that my morning sickness only lasted like 2 weeks. I feel horrible for you ladies with the lingering MS Hopefully you will just wake up one morning, and you will feel amazing!!

I think I'm getting a burger for dinner tonight actually, I will definitely think of you when I have this one!

13. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: You're making me want a burger. I might have to get Shake Shack tomorrow night for dinner or something! In your honor of course

14. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: Shake Shack?!?!?!?!?!?! Oh man!!! My groceries just got delivered, and the guy was like, "are you alright!?!" I almost passed out! I'm eating a bowl of oatmeal now womp womp womp. Shake shack. Man.

15. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: There's one in Grand Central that I walk by to/from work every day... I have a meeting tomorrow night so it would work as reheatable dinner for DH and I. Hmm...

I ended up buying the Buffalo Wing flavored pretzel pieces and they seem to satisfy me (for now).

16. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: mmmm pretzels. I could go for one of those. With melted cheese or mustard!

Okay guys, 14 weeks I WILL feel better. I'm claiming it! Shoot, everyone feel better by 14 weeks! Although isn't 78h20 14 weeks? 15 weeks!!!

17. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

How much weight has everyone gained so far? I'm 13+3 today, and I've gained 2-3 lbs. I'm happy with that because I was overweight to begin with, so I hoping to keep my total weight gain somewhere around 20-25.

18. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsBrewer: 13 + 3 and I've gained 1lb overall. I'm hardly eating though.

19. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

10w3d today and up 1/2 a pound as of this morning. When the doctor weighed me at 9w, I weighed more but I blame that on post-lunch and full bladder!

20. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

I have gained more than I hoped. I think I was up 4 lbs 2 weeks ago, then all of a sudden it jumped up to 6 lbs! Ugh! I am always eating though to try to curb the nausea, so I'm not totally surprised. I'm hoping I can start exercising more soon.

I think with Julia I started feeling better around 15 or 16 weeks...hoping for the same.

21. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@extrasprinkles: I'm going to have to go to a specialty bra place most likely. I was an F cup pre-pragnancy so if I've outgrown those I'm definitely getting into hard-to-find bra sizes.

@hocuspocus: I also tend to be a bit more classic / traditional on the name front so I don't know how much help I'll be either. But what about Kylie? I think it is really pretty and feels similar to the names you threw out there. I agree with you that Julia and Amelia are probably too similar.

@Ifyoulikepinacoladas: That name is beautiful!

22. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@LindsayInNY: Thanks for updating the list!

@dc yoga bee: If it makes you feel better, my OB didn't really want me to gain much (if anything) during my first trimester. And I've definitely known people who's sickness makes them lose weight at first. Try not to stress about it (easier said than done - I know!). Oh - and my dinner last night was a Wendy's cheeseburger.

23. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

There has definitely been some activity since I last was able to visit. I have pretty much been in hibernation for the past few days and only woke up to go get my NT scan done and work. I will have to upload my pictures and bump photos later. I ended up finally buying some maternity clothes and found they definitely accentuate the bump more than normal clothes.

@extrasprinkles: Congratulations! I too am in the Boston area!
    @just_ju: Congratulations!! Graduating is really fun and glad you are joining us!
    @ifyoulikepinacoladas: Congrulations on your little girl!
    @78h2o @jess1483 @mrsbrewer @dcyogabee @ifyoulikepinacoladas: Your announcements and pictures are sooo freakin' cute, I can't stand it.

@MrsBrewer: As of this morning I have gained about 4lbs. at 12w2d. Out of that I am pretty sure i gained about 2 lbs just in my boobs, so I am not so concerned about my weight gain.

Glad to see that most people are feeling pretty ok! Sorry @dcyogabee that you are still feeling crummy. Hopefully a burger is in your future soon!

24. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

@MrsBrewer I'm down a pound from my pregnancy confirmation appointment. My midwife said that was totally fine at my 12 week appointment.

25. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsBrewer: Honestly, I'm not even tracking (other than the doctor weighing me at my appointments) because I don't want to stress myself about it. And since I've just had 1 appointment so far, I don't really know where I stand. I guess I'll know more after Wednesday!

26. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: lol, I am pretty sure I gained about 2 lbs in the boobs as well!

27. extrasprinkles

coffee bean / 44 posts

I'm at 12 weeks today and have gained about a pound. Not going to lie, I get a little nervous thinking about how much weight I could eventually gain with this pregnancy ... we'll see, I guess!

@eko: Hello from Dedham!
    @Mrs.KMM: I hope you're able to find a great store with bras that you like!! Fingers crossed!!

28. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@extrasprinkles: I went through all my old bras from before I lost weight and found one that fits pretty well. So I'm planning to try to get as far along as I can with this one before I have to go spend lots of money on new bras.

29. extrasprinkles

coffee bean / 44 posts

@Mrs.KMM I am all about shopping from my own closet - going to try and wear my old pre-pregnancy leggings until the seams start splitting ...

30. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

The midwives just got back to me. Throwing up more than three times a day AND losing weight is concerning, but just keep trying to eat and hold fluids down. Baby didn't like queso dip earlier. Back to applesauce and ritz!

31. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: Haha, silly girl! Not surprised baby didn't like queso dip! What about yogurt, grilled cheese, soup, bagel, pancakes/waffles... Trying to think of some blander options...

32. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@extrasprinkles: hello from over the pond! I'm in Somerville and work in the financial district.

33. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: Cheese seems to be a nasty culprit these days. I've done a lot of bagels, potatoes, ritz, and applesauce for the past 5 weeks

34. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: Find other forms of carbs - grilled cheese would be at the top of my list! But pancakes freeze well, Eggos, oatmeal (my usual but I haven't been feeling it lately), cereal... Anything like that?

35. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@extrasprinkles: @Eko: You guys are making me miss Boston!! DH and I met there and lived there before moving to the NYC area. I grew up in NH so I'm all about my New England sports teams

36. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: Where in NH did you grow up? I am from NH and only have been in Boston for about three years. I have lived in Derry, Strafford, and Portsmouth with DH before moving to Boston.

37. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Eko: I grew up in Nashua (14 years), my parents have been just outside Keene for 10 years now (since I was 21 but out of the house). We have a place on Winnipesaukee too!

38. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: I had a bowl of oatmeal for lunch, and I was able to pretty much keep that down. I got some Eggos, so I'll try those tomorrow.Would I be pushing it to add some syrup?

39. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: Oh nice! I have only really driven through Nashua and Keene, but have friends in that area. Winnipesaukee is soo nice in the summer! Usually though I am only up that way in the winter for skiing. Love coming across other NHites.

40. Ifyoulikepinacoladas

coffee bean / 38 posts

@78h2o: it's great having both days to celebrate. Boxing Day is usually so chilled as well so you can get over the previous day! We have to have something since we don't get Thanksgiving haha. Also I can see where you're coming from with Julia and Amelia but I think they're actually quite nice as sibling names. I suppose some people would assume you were being matchy-matcha with the "ia" sound. I've already had one or two people chime in and say, "Everyone will assume its Amelia, you should just go with that". What evs, people. I'm forever correcting the public on my name (Alexandra) and it's not even that hard. People will always have their two cents!

@dc yoga bee: aww sorry to hear you're still so sick. I had HG during my pregnancy with Charlotte and it lasted to the delivery room but I've seen it go either way. My SIL is 16 weeks pregnant with twins and she had HG that dried up magically at 13 weeks. Also don't get too worried about the Zofran - I was on maximum dose throughout that pregnancy, was not keeping anything down (including the prenatal) and Charlotte is a happy healthy preschooler. They're gifted parasites!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee