Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Yay! Glad it went well!

I'm heading to my first spin class in two months tonight. I haven't gone since our IUI. DH is super nervous and I keep promising that I will tell the instructor and take it down a notch! I'm a little worried though, not sure why? I look fat in my workout clothes and my bra is suffocating my boobs right now, LOL.

2. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@78h2o: We had a few ear infections when P was younger and he hated the antibiotics. The doc said we could mix it into juice as long as he finished it all. Mostly we didn't (he doesn't really like juice), but maybe that's an option? Otherwise, squirt it in and blow in her face--it's kind of an automatic reaction to swallow.

3. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@LindsayInNY: I've got a friend who played tennis until she was 7+ months pregnant (and others who have played well into the second trimester). I would try not to worry about spin class, especially since it sounds like it is something you've been doing pre-pregnancy too.

4. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Mrs.KMM: My RE said to go at about a level 7 intensity instead of 10. My OB didn't really say anything other than it being fine to do. I know I won't do the sprints since that's meant to up the heart rate. But I think bike crunches and everything else will be fine?

5. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@LindsayInNY: I think you'll be fine. It's my understanding the the recommendations have changed from previously being worried about not getting your heart rate up too high to not really caring about heart rate anymore and more being of the mindset that your body is fine to continue pre-pregnancy workout routines but that you shouldn't start doing strenuous exercise if you weren't doing so before. I'm planning to keep playing tennis for as long as my body will let me!

6. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: My RE recommended that I don't do spin when I found out I was k/u until we were in the clear. At my 10w appointment my OB said I was fine as long as I was really hydrated and didn't overheat. I am starting to go back on Friday and can't wait! DH has been worried about my exercising like nuts, but I think that is just his worried nature and I keep reassuring him that it is good for mama and baby to get some exercise.

7. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I'm glad everything went well with telling work! It can be such a reliever having more people know.

8. merriment

cherry / 222 posts

@LindsayInNY: My understanding is the same as Mrs.KMM---excercise is good for you and the baby, but should be consistent with what you did before getting pregnant. So, while not a good idea to start a new rigorous routine, it's great to carry on with what you were doing. I am totally impressed because I will be continuing my non-excercise plan of laying on the couch and asking my husband to bring me chips!

9. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Eko: I think I was 5 or 8 weeks when the RE said it was fine? I'm just so paranoid but I know the exercise is good for me!

@merriment: Don't worry, I just scarfed two waffles 30 minutes before going!

10. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: @Eko: I hope you guys enjoy your class!!

@merriment: That about sums it up. I haven't done yoga in 9 weeks. I got the all clear to do it once I feel better, just no running (even though I ran before). I just ordered some pizza. I will probably not be able to keep it down but oh well.

11. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

The names are all seperate first names. Middle names are a whole other ball game. DH and I can't agree on anything.

Shopping and picking out names makes everything seem so much more real. This is sooo exiting went to the dr today and they changes my sure date again to 5/27/15.

12. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@hocuspocus: Cool! Three different first names? My dating scan would only change my due date by 1 day, so they didn't change it. Remind me again when was yours?

13. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

Oops lots of typos in last post.

@dc yoga bee My due date was 5/21 but I always felt they were way off. According to my 12 week scan the due date is now 5/27. I thought my due date was 6/3 according to opk. We need a baby book or something for names...are there any good websites ?

14. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@hocuspocus: I like nameberry.com and babynanewizard.com. Nameberry has good forums.

15. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

I had my first OB appointment today at 11w1d. It was a bit different than what I was used to at the RE's office. We didn't get to hear the heartbeat - they didn't even measure it - but we did have an ultrasound, so I saw the flicker. They didn't do any measurements of the baby either. I was a little disappointed. They did, however, do a full exam (yay) and take 5 vials of blood, so that was interesting. I go back in 4 weeks, and our next ultrasound is in 8 weeks. I was so spoiled with the RE doing ultrasounds every 2 weeks. I'm going to miss it.

16. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@just_ju: congrats on graduating to the OB! It sounds like they are not doing a NT screening if they didn't take any measurements? I'm kinda surprised...I thought that was pretty standard unless you opted out?

If everything goes normally, I will only have one more ultrasound, in 4-5 weeks, and then that will be it. Would be nice to see baby more often, but I guess they don't feel the need.

17. badwolf

grape / 77 posts

Hello, another longtime lurker/occasional poster here. I don't think I roll-called before but I didn't read through all 37 pages to double check. I'm 14 weeks pregnant with my and my husband's first baby. We don't know the sex but will definitely find out at our anatomy scan around 20 weeks. First trimester was rough due to the fatigue, frequent headaches, insomnia, and nausea, but fortunately very little actual barfing for me! So far I was up 1 lb around 12 weeks but randomly lost my appetite and am now down about 2 lbs. I can't feel anything I can identify as movement yet, but when I lay down or after eating a meal I can see a little pre-bump. I am a bit overweight so my stomach wasn't really flat before baby, guessing it will take a little while to clearly show.

18. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@badwolf: Welcome!! What's your EDD? I'll add you to the list

19. extrasprinkles

coffee bean / 44 posts

@badwolf: welcome!

@LindsayInNY: totally left you hanging! DH is 33 but moved out of Nashua as a baby, before the Pheasant Lane Mall opened

20. extrasprinkles

coffee bean / 44 posts

NT scan went well yesterday - all seems to be progressing just fine and nothing to be alarmed about! It was crazy to see the baby moving so much and shaking his/her arms around. Am I the only one who gets a little freaked out by the 3D ultrasound pics? Totally happy to see the baby, of course, but something about the 3D images is a little jarring.

I always wanted to try a spin class before I got pregnant, I guess I'll hold off on that for now. Whomp. But I did buy a barre dvd over the weekend ... hope this baby doesn't mind some isometric movement!

21. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

@78h2o: nope, definitely not an NT scan. OB offered it within the next 2 weeks, but we declined because we had so many early ultrasounds and insurance is getting annoyed - we have to go through a whole process to prove medical necessity, and they're already fighting some charges from the RE, so we decided it wasn't worth it. It was just a regular abdominal ultrasound to make sure everything was okay, I guess measurements didn't really matter this time. It was weird.

22. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@badwolf: Welcome and congratulations!!
    @extrasprinkles: Glad your NT scan went well! I also get freaked out by the 3D scans and totally don't want them at all. It always weirds me out when you get them and people already try to figure out who the baby looks like! My mom was already trying to do that from my normal u/s.

We got the results back that the baby likely won't have downs! It was greater than 1:10,000. We were fairly low risk anyway, but it sure does feel reassuring getting numbers back.

23. extrasprinkles

coffee bean / 44 posts

@eko: Thanks! I'm glad your scan went well, too!
    Can I ask if your ob office folks gave you results/numbers on the day of or later on? The sonographer said everything looked fine but nothing beyond that. Sigh, I don't know why I'm fussing now - when the genetic test results roll in I'll probably know more than I would ever want to!

Haha, my mom would do the same if she saw our ultrasound photos ...

24. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@extrasprinkles: They came in later. I had my appointment on Monday and they said it can take about a week. During our appointment the Dr. said that everything looked good. The only thing she specifically mentioned was that she was able to see the nasal bone, which is taken into the risk factor account. I guess the presence of the nasal bone lowers the risk.

On our genetic testing they said that they wouldn't even call us unless they had 'bad' news to tell us. I don't think they have anything specific they could tell us anyway. For us, it is just whether I am a carrier or not. I have another appointment in about a week so if I don't hear from them I figured I would just ask at that appointment.

Hopefully you will get results back soon! I think really the chances of having something wrong always seem slim. I am sure everything will work out.

25. badwolf

grape / 77 posts

Thanks for the welcome My EDD is 6/4. I also find 3D ultrasounds creepy!

26. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

I'm just going to whine and complain. I have been fighting this darn cold for almost 2 weeks now, and it just won't budge!!! I've been getting tons of sleep, drinking tons of water, and nothing seems to be helping! boo!!

27. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsBrewer: That stinks. What kind of cold symptoms? Maybe it's just taking it's time to run through you?

Speaking of colds, has everyone gotten a flu shot or not?

28. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: pretty much just a runny/stuff nose, and just a lot of draining like down the back of my throat, which then in turn is giving me a stupid sore throat! I've been sucking on cough drops which seem to help a little bit and BreathRight strips at night. So it's not horrible, it's just definitely taking it's time!

I opted out of the flu shot. There wasn't enough testing (if any) done on how it affects fetuses, especially during the first trimester. I never got the flu shot before anyways. My midwife didn't seem really concerned about it, and said a lot of women opt out for that reason.

29. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsBrewer: BreatheRight definitely helps stuffiness! I resorted to Sudafed when it was bad because the adhesive on the strips gets to me after awhile. If you're not opposed to meds, Benadryl is good for a runny nose - it'll help dry you up, preventing the post-nasal drip which is giving you a sore throat. I'm just getting over a cold and turned to meds when I was at my worst. I needed to sleep!

Interesting... I don't usually get a flu shot. I got them in college on occasion and I think when the swine flu was going around a couple of years ago? My OB mentioned it like it was standard so I figured I would? I've already had two colds and I'm only 11 weeks!

30. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: I didn't get the flu shot. When my OB offered it and I told her I didn't want it she looked at me sideways. I never get sick and the one time I got the flu shot it made me so horribly sick, so I think personally, it is unnecessary for me.

31. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: If it doesn't let up soon, I definitely think I will try the Benedryl! My sleep has definitely been affected! Yes to the BreatheRight strips!! It seriously felt like I pulled off a layer of skin this morning!!!!

I think a lot of people do get the flu shot! Maybe since your immune system is pretty low right now, it would be best!!

32. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MrsBrewer: I feel your pain. I have a horrible cold right now. My head and lungs are full of crap and I've completely lost my voice. It's sucks!

@LindsayInNY: I got a flu shot; I did a lot of research and I felt like the benefits outweighed any risk. I'm also required to have it since I work in healthcare. I got the preservative free one, just to be extra cautious. I was able to get it at work, but I think Walgreens carries the preservative free version.

33. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

I got the flu shot because I work with children. But, I've been reading about how this year's flu has mutated, so the vaccination won't even protect you. Ha. Oh well.

34. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: I have the same cold. My LO does too. I hate the coughing and stuff in my throat. I'm hoping that it lets up soon.

35. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@78h2o: @cascademom: Oh no! Hopefully we all get rid of this stupid cold fast! I can't even blame it on the weather either! It's been pretty mild here (in the 30's)

36. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@cascademom: Yep, every time I have a coughing episode, I end up puking too. So over it!

I hope we all feel better soon!

37. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: @78h2o: Yeah, the weather's almost nice right now. I hate the coughing because I do the same thing, but more gagging. I'm over it.

38. extrasprinkles

coffee bean / 44 posts

@eko: Thanks for all of the info and good thoughts!!

Oof, hoping everyone gets/stays healthy!

39. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: I've never had the flu shot, never had the flu. I've read an equal amount of studies about people dying from the flu, as well as people dying from the flu shot!

40. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@78h2o: What's the preservative free one? Don't think I've heard of it?

@dc yoga bee: Pregnancy doesn't make a difference for you?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee