Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@MamaB: we took a birth preparation class which was eh not worth it for us because my labor ended with an emergency c section. We also took a breastfeeding class newborn care. That helped us a lot because I was so out of it after labor that when it came time for bf my husband was setting my son up and helping me with the latch before the bf nurse could come in and help me. It was funny because she was super impressed with how much dh paid attention and helped. also he did the diaper changes and baths because my carpal tunnel and pain in my wrists I couldnt lift anything for almost a month until it FINALLY went away. Overall the classes helped us because dh was into having never taken care of a newborn. Hope that helped

2. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@BabyMats: I don't even have a bump! Just a bloated whatever still!

3. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@MamaB: The class we took was combined with the hospital tour, so there were parts that were really helpful and others not so much. I didn't use any of the relaxation techniques (I tried Bradley techniques after reading about them obsessively, and they worked, but ultimately, I wasn't making any progress and needed the epidural for my body to relax). I am actually glad we went because they discussed more about epidurals and other things I thought I wouldn't need/want, but turns out, it was good to have some background knowledge on them! I kind of wish we'd taken a newborn care class instead, although my 2 year-old is still alive, so we managed I don't remember the breastfeeding class being helpful, but I may have used stuff I learned without knowing it. Not sure on that one…

I'll try to post a bump photo in the other thread tonight…I haven't really taken one, but it's definitely there. I felt movements super early (10-11 weeks), and then for awhile it was hard to feel them, but now they're pretty regular (I'm 16w3d). My two year-old is keeping me busy, but I'm reading everything you're all posting. Hope everyone is feeling well!

P.S. Sorry to those of you receiving messages that I responded to you, but then it's gone. I'm clearly struggling today

4. merriment

cherry / 222 posts

@MamaB: We took so many classes! I was totally annoyed at the time, but they were all worth it. We had classes on infant CPR, newborn care and breastfeeding. For birth prep, we did Hypnobabies. It was useful for me. I also read a lot and spent a lot of time thinking about how my body was designed to grow and birth a child and how women had been doing this for ages and ages. I tried to spend a little time everyday just thinking about that...it gave me confidence to trust my body to work as designed (cheesy, I know, and it is in no way intended as a dig to those with fertility problems or who had c-sections, it was just my dumb mental prep which helped me to go into labor and delivery without any fear).

5. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@Dc Yoga Bee & @LindsayInNy congrats on your baby girls! More girl power for this month

@Dc Yoga Bee we got that same onesie for Christmas from some friends. Soo cute it's so fun knowing the sex cause now you can go shopping! Yay

Had my 20wk check up today baby girl was moving around so much we could hear it on the Doppler. Heart rate was 140, Every time I hear the heartbeat I cry lol can't wait to meet her already! She moves so much and her kicks are getting stronger. Every time DH and I put our hands on my belly to see if we can feel her she stops, stubborn already... Have our anatomy scan set for next Monday going to be a long week. So excited to see how much she's grown.

6. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

I've literally been building our registry, shopping for bedding, and pinning nursery ideas from hmmm 2:00 this afternoon until now .Yeahhhh, I'm excited LOL!! Thanks for all the well wishes. Time for some shuteye!

7. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

Wow! So many posts to catch up on (and HelloBee isn't working on my computer - I think it might be a work internet thing). I'll try to catch up at home tonight.

I did want to say that I think I felt the baby move for the first time on Sunday night (16w6d)! After I ate dinner, I was lying on the couch watching TV and felt this light thumping or tapping in my lower pelvic area (around my bikini line) off to the left of center. It sort of reminded me of a heartbeat but without the consistent rhythm. I haven't felt it since but I'm hoping its baby and I'll get to feel her more soon!

8. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: That was my weekend. DH and I had all sorts of boy nursery ideas saved - colors, paint swatches, Esty things, Pinterest... Yeah, right back to the drawing board we went, LOL!

9. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs.KMM: so exciting to feel movement!

So I think I have been feeling movement consistently for the past week or so. always when I'm quiet and sitting. But the kicks seem so low!! Like....it feels like the baby is kicking just under my underwear line, pretty much where your pubic hair is. Is it normal to be that low??

10. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Does anyone else have stretch marks already!?

11. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

Whine-y post: I was up atleast 8 times last night. Between having to pee constantly, trying to figure out how to sleep on my side, and viral sinusitis (thanks a lot, DH)... I was miserable. Womp womp.

12. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MamaB: I'm so sorry. I really hope you get some rest soon and feel better. I've had a hard time sleeping lately as well.

@MrsBrewer: I don't think I have any new ones yet... I didn't get them on my belly last time, only on my boobs! However, my boobs are bigger than they were last time (even while nursing), so I wouldn't be surprised if I got more. I am interested to see if I will get them on my belly this time around.

13. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@78h2o: That's awesome that you didn't get any on your stomach last time! I had a feeling I was going to get them pretty bad, my mom got them horribly with her pregnancies.

14. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MrsBrewer: Yeah, I lucked out! Especially because I gained 50 lbs - though a fair amount was fluid that was distributed all over (yuck). I do think it is largely genetic and there's not a lot of control you have over it. My sister did get them on her belly though, but not on her boobs, so who knows!?!

15. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

No stretch marks yet! I use a lot of good lotion for my eczema anyways, so maybe it's helping.

Passed my one hour glucose test! So relived!!!

16. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@MrsBrewer: no stretch marks from my first but very nervous about this one. Putting a ton of lotion all over. Same with@78h2o: I got some on my boobs but not much. I actually get my stretch marks on my hips

@dc yoga bee: congrats on passing ur test! how did u take it so early?

17. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: I do from my previous pregnancy. They're back, but not bad right now.

18. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@BabyMats: Thanks, my only risk factor was race, so she wanted me to take it earlier. I was actually quite annoyed as we have no history of diabetes, and wasn't showing any other risk factors other than my race. Shows her!

19. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@dc yoga bee: yeah that would annoy me too...im so glad u got to shut her up
    I'm really nervous for mine because with twins u just overall have a much higher chance of GD even though I didnt have it with my son.

20. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@dc yoga bee: That's great you passed. I am worried I will fail mine due to the fact that changes in blood sugar always give me migraines. I did pass last time though, so we'll see. Blech.

21. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@dc yoga bee: That's great!
    @MrsBrewer: None yet! My coworker (who doesn't have kids yet...) told me to put, I think, coconut oil on my stomach to prevent them? Haven't tried anything yet.

Had my 16w appt today and was prescribed Zofran. I feel like that's late, but I still haven't gained weight (well, I'm always sick and not eating much. I have a bump but it's just stretching). I hope I get to have this second trimester bounce back that people have.
    Anyone else still crying over silly things? Both happy and sad?

22. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsKMM: I asked my midwife about feeling sad, and that I don't like being pregnant. Yep, I admitted that. I am incredibly greatful, but pregnancy is hard, and I'm not having the most positive experience with the hypermesis. She said it's totally normal at this point, and doesn't think I'm depressed. Hormones are still all over the place, and should taper off at 20 weeks. Hang in there!

23. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@dc yoga bee: lol ok, I confess to the same thing! It hasn't exactly been enjoyable. I'm not crying in a depressed way either, but weird things make me cry. The nausea, fatigue, vomiting, crying, insomnia... I can't wait to start feeling better all around!

24. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

Has anyone started feeling uncomfortable bending over? I don't want to be a wimp about this, but I find it's getting really uncomfortable.

25. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Eko: yes!! I went to paint my toenails last night-no dice! And I don't trust DH either

26. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@dc yoga bee: Gah! I haven't even tried that yet! Tying my shoes as I normally would quickly became a no go.

27. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

It is getting harder to bend! Lol I put on a pair of my favorite boots the other day and they barely fit my feet are swelling. Hopefully they go back to my normal size. It's all totally worth it though

28. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@dc yoga bee: My hormones are so whacked. I cry at dumb things or at stress. We've had a rough couple of days with LO. Yesterday, I looked awful. DH looked at me and said that I needed a hug. It was that bad.

29. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

@Eko: I just was telling DH about how it feels like a work out to get my boots on, or to tie my tennis shoes! I didn't expect that to be a thing until my belly was much bigger.

30. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MamaB: It definitely feels like the baby is getting squished or something, which in turn makes it uncomfortable for me. That is the only way I can describe it.

31. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

I finally told my boss. Well, last year's boss slash this year's temporary boss. She was excited (as excited as someone older without kids can be LOL). I'm going to tell future boss' boss tomorrow so we'll see!!

32. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@LindsayInNY: thats great! How did it go with the other boss?

33. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@Eko: I'm SUPER uncomfortable! I cant sleep even with a snoogle. Bending over sucks

34. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@babymats I've had such a hard time sleeping lately too....I'm usually a belly sleeper but my belly has gotten too big for that now. I have a body pillow but I still can't get comfy. I'm also having a hard time sleeping because I'm just sitting up thinking of baby names and nursery ideas lol.

Here's my 20 wk belly.

35. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@hocuspocus: yup I'm a stomach sleeper as well. And just cant get comfortable. We haven't even begun to think of names . We arent doing a nursery because we have no room and are looking for a house. Thats what im up thinking about moving and when?!?

36. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@hocuspocus: lol! Baby names and having to sleep on my side keep me as well! Why is it so hard to find a good name?! I wonder if it would be permissible to sleep on my stomach if I used a giant foam pad and made a hole for my belly?! Like the massage people have?! I'm not even joking! I would totally buy a cheap patio chair cushion and cut a hole in it, lol! Would my OB laugh in my face if I asked?!

37. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@78h2o I'm not even joking I was thinkig of the same invention haha! It could work... The side sleeping is killing my back. I feel like girl names are so much harder! We had a boy name picked and ready to go, having a girl really threw us off..

38. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

Hi all! I haven't been on this thread for a while (HB is blocked at work and checking on my phone all the time isn't the easiest). I'm finally starting to feel some movement. With my first born I started feeling things at 20-21 weeks. I'm 19.5 weeks right now and definitely feeling some thumps. I'm going to enjoy these feelings because once baby gets huge, I find some of the movements to be less than enjoyable. My anatomy scan is tomorrow (Monday) afternoon. I'm super excited to see the him/her swimming around. I haven't had an ultrasound since 7 weeks! I'm also planning on being team green but am really second guessing myself right now. I'm considering having the tech write it down so I have it if I change my mind later. I'm with you all on the uncomfortable sleep. I'm a belly sleeper to and I have a countdown going for when I can finally sleep on my belly again.

39. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@meltini my anatomy scan is tomorrow afternoon also, I'm beyond excited. feeling baby move makes it so much more real

40. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@hocuspocus: super cute bump!

My anatomy scan is early tomorrow morning and I am starting to get sooo nervous. I have a feeling it is a boy an almost all the old wives gender predictions says the baby is a boy as well. We shall see!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee