Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: this was me walking through then metro stations this morning. I had to sort of lift my belly up, and it took the pressure off.

2. glitterboots

cherry / 103 posts

Scary symptoms! This morning while eating bfast, I suddenly got short of breath, my heart was racing, I couldn't catch my breath, and I felt dizzy and faint. I don't know what to do because the DR is closed today. I was thinkng of calling when they are open to tomorrow or should I take myself to a clinic today?

3. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@glitterboots: Did you stand up or move suddenly? I wonder if it was a blood pressure thing? I don't know how much I would worry yet unless it happens again. Did you end up going to the clinic today?

4. glitterboots

cherry / 103 posts

@LindsayInNY: It didn't happen again but I've been abnormally tired today. I will call tomorrow when the doctor opens. I had shortness of breath my last pregnant, but it was when I was near the end and huge. It was just scary how quickly it came on

5. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@glitterboots: Did you manage to get a hold of your doctor?

I had a check-up today and I've been gaining too much weight I am up about 20lbs. so far. My doctor even made some comments about it. Now I have to really pay attention to what I ea.t

6. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Eko: Seriously? We're beyond the halfway point. I wouldn't think that to be of concern in any way... Were you of normal weight starting out? Did your doctor give you a range that you should gain overall?

7. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: I was a little overweight to start out with, but not by much. I didn't get a range, but I also know that lately my appetite has really increased and I haven't been moving around as much as I normally do. She wasn't concerned, it was more of a I noticed you've gained quite a bit in the last month and anything extra you gain that'll be that much more you have to lose after.

8. glitterboots

cherry / 103 posts

It turns out I have really low blood pressure. I should be really careful changing positions and increase my water intake- so basically the same advice everyone gets!
    @Eko I can't believe she said you have gained too much weight! I've never had my weight mentioned. I gained 40 pounds with my first and 15 so far in my 24th week this time. As long as you and baby are healthy I wouldn't think it would be an issue.

9. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@glitterboots: I think I'm dealing with low blood pressure too. I dealt with it in 1st trimester with this pregnancy and LO1. It really caught up to me this past week.

One day last week I was walking to pick LO up from daycare and every time I stopped walking for a red light I saw stars even though I kept my limbs moving. Then when I got to daycare my vision went black for a second and I had to sit down for a few minutes. I walked back home super slowly and sat down 4 times in a 5 minute walk. It's so frustrating because I feel fine as long as I'm moving and it isn't until I stop that I instantly feel really sick. From what I read that is typical of low blood pressure. I was so busy last week that I didn't talk to my doctor but I will email today.

10. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@glitterboots: Glad you figured out what is going on!

@Eko: Maybe she is concerned with baby's size? I know my OB said that weight gain by mother during pregnancy definitely plays a role in how big of a baby you end up with. Maybe she's just wanting to try to make sure baby doesn't get too big! Plus, having extra weight to lose in the end is no fun.

11. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: I've gained 20 as well. My doctor didn't say anything about it, but when I mentioned it, he said if I was concerned to watch my intake and try to be more active (duh). I've been seriously hungry too... I'm trying really hard to bring healthy snacks to work everyday so I'm not tempted to hit the cafeteria or something.

@glitterboots: I thought that sounded like low BP. I get that sometimes and water really does help.

12. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@Eko: Some doctors seem to comment on weight much more than others. My HMO comments on my weight gain at every visit so in my mind I picture the doctor physically checking a box labeled "discussed weight." I've been told that I gained too much and too little at various appointments for both pregnancies. Last visit I got the "not gaining enough" talk and then the doctor realized she hadn't even received my weight from that day's appointment and she was looking at my weight from the last appointment.

@glitterboots: The advice nurse confirmed that my symptoms were in line with low blood pressure. She said this is an estrogen-heavy portion of pregnancy which tends to thin out the blood leading to lower blood pressure. Like you I was told to drink lots of water and to not change positions quickly.

13. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: The second trimester hunger is insane this time. I'm trying to be good about eating, but sometimes it's hard. I've taken recently to dark chocolate covered almonds. Yeah for protein and chocolate. I still love ranch dressing and crisp peppers too this pregnancy.

14. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: Thanks! I've definitely tried to be good, but my hunger has definitely ramped up and I haven't been able to exercise as much as I usually do, which is likely the most of my problem.

@Corduroy: Thanks! My doctor has definitely commented about my weight at every appointment. It's been a normal weight gain up until now, so she hasn't really said anything other than 'everything looks good'. I guess I have a month to try to impress her. lol.

15. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

24 weeks today! Yay for viability (although I don't want to test it)!

16. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs.KMM: you look great!!! I'll update with a pic too!

25+4 today!

17. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Mrs.KMM: @MrsBrewer: Such cute bumps!!

I am starting to get impatient and excited about seeing all these babies!

18. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

I had my 24 week appointment (a week late due to snow last week) this AM. The lab tech bombarded me and tried to bully me into taking the glucose test today even though the midwives had told me to take it at 28 weeks. When I told her no, she got really sassy about how the doctors like to test at 24 weeks, and just wouldn't listen to me. I finally just told her no, that I'd take it in March. I told the midwife about it when she came in and she just laughed and told me that I did the right thing. Ha!

Baby girl is perfect. HR was 154bpm, and my belly measured right on track. I've been having some itching and swelling on my lady parts. She swabbed me and its a yeast infection. Yippie. This is the first time I've had one and it's SO uncomfortable!!

19. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsBrewer: Cute bump! I love how your dog wanted to be in the picture too!

Just finished at my OB appointment - passed my 2nd gestational diabetes screen! Although I did gain a good bit of weight (6-7 pounds) since my appointment 4 weeks ago. That's pretty much what I'd gained the entire pregnancy before that (I was up 7 pounds at 20 weeks). My BP still looks great though (110/70)!

20. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs.KMM: LOL thanks, she never leaves my side....even in the bathroom! hahahah

21. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsBrewer: our dog likes to follow us to the bathroom too! She definitely loves to be around her people!

22. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MamaB: Yeast infections and other infections are pretty normal in pregnancy. I had quite a few with LO's pregnancy. This time around, I got a yeast infection early on, but have been on probiotics since 8-10 weeks pregnant.

23. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Umm, my baby classes start THIS Sunday. How and when did that happen?! Thank god I got an email reminder or I would've totally forgotten!

24. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@LindsayInNY: What classes did you to with? We just signed up for ours. We're doing a 1-day, 7 hour course in late March with the Confident Childbirth method (a multi-week course didn't work with DH's work travel).

25. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: Gah!! I still haven't signed up for my classes yet!!!! I just got the info at my last appt. I guess I should really get on it, and schedule those things!!

26. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

@LindsayInNY: Our Bradley class started two weeks ago, and it was cancelled last week and tonight due to wintery weather. Super frustrating.

27. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Mrs.KMM: We're taking Bradley Method classes so they're a bit longer than most (I think?). It's 8 classes, 3 hours each. March/April was the Sunday day class otherwise we would be stuck with evening, weeknight or running too far into June. Crazy though!!

@MrsBrewer: Depending on what class you plan on taking, you're probably fine. I think most classes run through the hospital are a weekend or two?

28. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: I decided last night that I would book a slot for the birthing class I want to take. It's nice because it's just a 1 weekend class, but it's for 8 hours. It will be intense I bet, but at least we can go just once to learn all of the info! It's March 7th, so not this weekend but next! I'm really excited!!

29. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsBrewer: Ahh, yours is soon too!!

30. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: That sounds like the hospital introduction and general birth class. It's definitely informative and long. Baby CPR was our favorite class. Are you delivering at St. Joseph's? My SIL had all of her babies there.

31. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: yea, it's a pretty general class with a hospital tour included. I figured since it's our first, I wanted to get all the basics in! I'm delivering at the Women's Pavillion in West Allis actually. But funny that you say St Joseph's because that's where my mom had me actually!!

32. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: Awesome. I'm delivering again at Prentice. It could change if we move before the baby. DH and I talked about driving into the city to deliver as well if that's what it comes down to.

33. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: Oh nice! I didn't know that you were thinking of moving?? Same area?

34. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: We're thinking of moving to the north or western suburbs of the city. It's impossible to find an affordable single family home in the city especially our neighborhood. I would like to be closer to I-94 and getting back to Milwaukee quicker, not super far north, but a little more north.

35. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: Oh cool, well hopefully you can find a house that you love!! I mean granted, I think coming up a little farther North to Milwaukee might be your best bet, but I'm probably biased

36. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: I've been in Chicago for 12 years. I love this city. I moved here to closer to my parents, but not in Milwaukee despite it having a good library/archives program at UWM.

37. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: Oh i can't blame you one bit! I looove going to Chicago, so I can imagine living there is amazing!

38. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: Yeah, there's so many different neighborhoods. My husband and I have lived in a few different ones over the years from downtown to Pilsen to Logan Square to Rogers Park. Each one is unique and interesting. I'm hoping that we move to an area near a park. Chicago's park system is awesome.

39. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@cascademom: @MrsBrewer: DH and I Chicago! And I think I was born at St. Joseph's in Mke??

40. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: No way?! You used to live in WI??

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee