Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@BabyMats: awe, I hope those babies stay snuggled! My friend gave birth to twins at 27 weeks last October, and they are home and doing great. So much personality!

@LindsayInNY: Another breech baby here! They're not concerned until I get to 32 weeks. I just started doing prenatal yoga, so hopefully she flips!

@Mrs.KMM: Another vote for movement!

@rpparker: love the name Hattie!!! Sometimes I feel my bump hasn't grown much from week to week, it it's definitely growing!

I gained 3lbs last week! Yes!! They told me they're concerned about me not gaining enough weight because of the hyperemesis and worried I'm not getting enough nutrients. My hair has started breaking off, and my nails have all broken. That's a sign I'm not getting enough nutrients for mommy, and baby is taking what she needs! I'm trying to eat just all the time. Fruit and what not here and there!

2. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@rpparker: I had a couple weeks where I thought my belly wasn't really growing, but I looked back at pictures and saw that it was just sort of rounding out in different ways. I also have other weeks where I feel like it grows a lot!

@dc yoga bee: That's great that you are gaining some weight! mama definitely needs her nutrients too!

Has anyone been having any insomnia? I can get to sleep without any issues, but I wake up really early (like 4-5am) and usually can't fall back asleep. LO has also decided this is his most active time of the day.

3. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Eko: Yes!!! I was up at 2:30am watching the trucks plow the snow in the middle of the night!

4. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: Yes! that was me last night, I woke up at 4, and just laid there until 5:30, slept for 30 minutes, then alarm went off at 6! boo!!

5. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@dc yoga bee: @MrsBrewer: It is slowly becoming a nightmare. The weekends aren't too bad as I can fit in a nap, but having to work during the week sucks. Have you found anything that helps you fall back asleep? I may end up talking with my dr. about a solution if it is persistent over the next week.

6. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Eko: I get bouts of insomnia with this LO. My husband and I were snoring loudly, so it took some time to go to sleep. This LO sleeps quite a bit or at least did yesterday. He kicked a few times last night in the wakeup to relieve some worry about him.

7. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@dc yoga bee: Thanks! Full name is Hattie Jane. My great-grandmother was Hattie so it's been so fun to hear stories about her.
    @Eko: I took a new picture this morning and compared it to past weeks and realized that it is getting wider instead of growing outward!

I talked to my doctor about difficulty sleeping and she suggested half a Tylenol PM! Obviously not an every night solution but she just said for nights that I know I need some extra sleep. However, I am finding that most of her solutions involve taking something which isn't always the best.

8. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@rpparker: Glad you could tell that the baby is growing! That's a helpful suggestion. I was contemplating about taking some unisom as well if I start getting really desperate. I've been very stressed lately so not having the right sleep has been making me a little crazy, which isn't healthy either.

9. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: I haven't found anything, I normally just stay laying in bed though, because as soon as I get up, I'm awake!

I have my 24 week appt today, I'm pretty excited! When do they do the GD test? is that blood work done at this appt, or at the 28 week one?

10. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: Thanks! My dr. said that my GD testing is getting done at 28w. I think that may be standard, but not sure.

11. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: oh ok, that's what I thought, I wasn't sure though. Yuck....I hate blood tests!

12. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

Just as a side note, the baby has had the hiccups nearly all day and it is the strangest thing I have ever felt.

13. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@dc yoga bee: thank u! Those stories make me feel better..but would just l9 e to have them stay in until my c section date. (May 22 )

@MrsBrewer: they do the gd test from 24 to 28 weeks. I took mine on Saturday and found out today I passed! Im so happy about that.

14. badwolf

grape / 77 posts

My OB said Unisom is safe in pregnancy. I take it usually at least half the days of the week because I've always had insomnia and with pregnancy it's 10x worse.

15. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Eko: I have definitely been having occasional bouts of insomnia. It isn't every night or anything at this point but sometimes when I wake up to pee, I just lay there and can't fall back asleep.

@MrsBrewer: My (2nd) GD test is scheduled for a week from now at my 24 week appointment.

16. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

I took Unisom nightly (and sometimes daily) from about 5-24 weeks for nausea/vomiting. I finally was able to taper off of it successfully last week! Woo hoo! So far I've been fine nausea wise! I am having some issues with sleep too, but mostly my 2 yo has been to blame. She's been waking up and then I have a hard time getting back to sleep.

17. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MrsBrewer: my GD test is scheduled for 28 weeks. I'm not looking forward to it - I got a migraine and felt terrible last time. However, I fasted, and this time I think I will eat protein 1-2 hrs beforehand and eat as soon as I leave.

18. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@BabyMats: @Mrs.KMM: @78h2o: I just had my appt last night, and I was told mine is going to be at my 28 week appt. She said not to fast or anything, but just to avoid foods that are really high in sugar. So no brownies or soda before hand!

I got all of my pre-registration information last night, along with classes to sign -up for. It's really setting in for me now! It was really nice too, because they gave me a birth plan to fill out as well with preferences!

19. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Okay this is embarrassing, but I think I'm having Braxton Hicks contractions, but then again I kind of think it feels like really bad gas bubbles.

It's lasting about 30 seconds, and I've had 2 now, and my belly tightens and everything. It kind of makes me stop what I'm doing, and pretty intense...

20. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: I take my GD test appointment in the morning like last time. I think that the fasting helps me. I don't have to do morning routine with LO, so I can guzzle down the Hi-C tasting drink and then go into the office for the blood test. I'm going to cut back on sweets in the two weeks leading up to it as well.

21. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsBrewer: I had mine at 18 weeks. The first thing the lab asked me was if I fasted, as its a fasting test. I drank a yummy orange drink that tasted like orange Gatorade. Yeah, I'm weird! Then I waited an hour and was not allowed to eat or drink while I waited (I had scheduled my anatomy scan during this time frame). Then I went back to the lab at exactly 1 hr, and had my blood drawn. Results posted next day. I needed less than 135 to pass, and they were sure I'd fail bc I thought the drink tastes so good. No, 107! Good luck! It's not as bad as Google makes it out to be. P.s.- I was told not to eat a bunch of sugary donuts and stuff the night before. Two nights before my test- I had coldstone! But the night before I had grilled chicken and veggies.

I take Diclegis, which is Unisom and B-6, four times a day. Doesn't help me sleep at all!

22. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

I'll have my GD test at 25 weeks this time. I was told not to eat eggs and toast the morning of the test, nothing sugary, no fasting.

I did not like the test last time. I didn't think the drink tasted nearly as bad as people said but I got really jittery and practically ran around the lab for the first half hour, then I ran to the bathroom 3x to throw up in the second half hour (I managed to keep it in, I heard you have to restart if you throw up). I blocked the morning off from work because I felt sick for hours afterwards last time.

I was following paleo fairly strictly last pregnancy so I'm hoping the test is less of a shock to my system this time around.

23. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Corduroy: no eggs and toast? I asked two different docs and they told me to eat eggs or another protein and not to fast. I'm going to try it and see how it goes. I'll probably skip toast though. The taste of the drink didn't bother me... just the migraine afterwards. My body tends to overreact to sugar... I think maybe I get a little hypoglycemic. Fun times! I hope we all pass!

24. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

My OB requires you to fast but they try to schedule the tests first thing in the morning so fasting just means you don't eat breakfast until after your appointment is over. I easily passed my early GD test so hopefully my 24 week repeat goes just as smoothly.

25. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

I took my GD test with my first pregnancy in the middle of the afternoon. They said eat a normal lunch, but nothing too sugary. I'm also eating way worse this time, so I'm a bit nervous, but I'm assuming I'll have mine around my 25 week appointment (I'm off by a week on my schedule.)

Okay, not ready to make a real post, but I really need some name input now that we've narrowed it down a bit. We're not ruling anything out and are still open to other options, but here are our favorites right now (DS1 is Pierce, last name is similar to Carter).
    1. Everett George (We just like Everett, George is a family name)
    2. Holden J (middle name is a family name)
    3. Lachlan (not sure on middle name)

Thoughts? I'm leaning toward Everett, but I love Holden. DH still loves Lachlan, but I've kind of fallen out of love with it.

26. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Jess1483: I love all your names! I am biased towards Lachlan, as that is my nephew's name, but it sounds like you prefer Holden or Everett. Of those two, I am pretty torn, but maybe I'd given Holden the slight edge?

My cousin's nickname is "Lachie" (LOCH-ee) and I just think it is so cutie on a little boy.

Yeah, I'm no help!

27. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@78h2o: So, the problem with Holden is...thoughts on how it goes with our last name? It has a weird sound to it, I think (if you don't throw in a middle name.)
    I have to say the main reason I'm still considering Lachlan is because it's so adorable when P says it, but that's not a particularly good reason to use a name, haha.

28. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Jess1483: Haha, that's funny you mentioned that because I was going to say that I love how Julia says Lachlan. She actually pronounces it totally correctly. It's adorable.

ETA: Ok, yeah, now that you mention it, I don't like Holden as much with your last name. Sadness! I don't mind it with Carter, but it's a bit of a mouthful with your actual last name. Ok, I'm changing my vote to Everett (or Lachlan).

29. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@78h2o: Rats. That's what I thought. I think it's just a bit much, but it's nice to have someone confirm (DH won't let me discuss it with anyone IRL.) DH also threw out Benton last night, which has some personal meaning for us, but I don't like Ben, and I feel like that's inevitable.

30. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Jess1483: love love Everett!

31. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Jess1483: I think I like Holden best!!

32. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Jess1483: I love Everett!

33. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Jess1483: I would also say that I love the name Everett!

34. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Jess1483: I like Everett the best. I know an Emmett born earlier this week. I'm stuck between two names right now. I can't really think of others since the names are family related.

35. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@Jess1483: Everett was on our list too before we knew we were having a girl! I love it!

I had maybe the fastest doctor's appointment ever this morning. Thankful that I have no serious issues to talk about but I felt like the doctor was just waiting for me to say something so we ended up talking about what glider I picked out!

I'm trying out a prenatal yoga class tomorrow morning!

36. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

I've felt so uncomfortable today! My uterus is just feeling heavy, and my pubic bone is achy. I feel slow! Anyone else feeling anything similar to this? I'm assuming that it's just normal?

37. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MamaB: This is me for the past two weeks. My LO #2 is hanging low on my pelvis these days. My sciatica is really bad this pregnancy. It hurts to walk most days.

38. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@MamaB: Yes Yes Yes!! I keep telling DH that my belly is just uncomfortable! I really can't explain it any better than that! I don't feel like mine is low or anything, but yea...it just feels heavy!

39. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MamaB: I felt like that a couple weeks ago. It sounds weird but if I held sorta under my stomach, like as though I were lifting it, it felt better. Almost like it took the pressure off somehow?

40. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@MamaB: I had a friend share this on Facebook and it looks so comfy and like it would take some pressure off!
    http://bwiofcleveland.blogspot.com/2014/07/belly-wrapping-for-pregnancy-support.html?m=1

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee