Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

I'll post a bump pic on the non-gold thread too!

23 weeks today!

2. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@78h2o: Totally jealous of your daughter! I'm still waiting to feel my little girl moving in there!

3. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsBrewer: I've never felt BH contractions so I couldn't say for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what you're feeling!

4. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@78h2o: Oh, J is so sweet! Tonight at bedtime, P kept hugging baby, then saying "Hi Baby" and giving him a kiss. Then he started pretending to rock a baby and said "Rock baby. Sing baby." Mommy's heart=melted. He also was really concerned about crushing baby by hugging me. I'm starting to think it was a mistake to tell him, though, because he is seriously impatient about baby arriving. Every time I leave the house he thinks I'm bringing the baby back.

5. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Jess1483: haha, too funny that he thinks you are always leaving to have the baby! So sweet with the hugs and being gentle too. J is getting impatient as well. Tonight she said, "Baby get OUT mommy tummy! Baby play JuJu...baby play ME. Baby eat milk. Mommy, push baby out now!" She has been saying the push thing for a few days now, and often she pushes on the top of my belly with her hands (she is apparently not concerned about being too rough)! I can't remember ever telling her I was going to be pushing the baby out, but maybe I did? Or maybe she is just thinking that's how you get things out? She often asks for help pushing her shoes off, etc.

6. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

DH and I hit up a big consignment sale today. We don't need any baby clothes because my crazy mother has been buying baby clothes for years, and our LO will have enough clothes for her first two years of life without us ever having to buy anything. BUT, I got a ton of maternity clothes for under $100! I am pretty pumped about it! I got 2 dresses, 6 pairs of shorts, a skirt, 10 tops and a swimsuit. Yay for deals!

7. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

I think the dogs like our new glider!

8. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@dc yoga bee: yay! very nice!!!

9. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@dc yoga bee: love it!

I got a wonderful prenatal massage today! Y'all should all go get one! While at the spa my husband put the second coat of paint on the nursery. Here is a possible bedding fabric sample up against the new paint.

10. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@dc yoga bee: nice!

@rpparker: awesome! I've been thinking about getting one!

You ladies are so much more on top of things than we are! We just went out and made our registry today. We know what we want the nursery to look like but haven't picked out paint or anything yet. I haven't even bought anything for LO yet either Starting to think I'm a little behind!

11. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@rpparker: that's super cute fabric!

@MrsKMM: we just did our registry today as well. We definitely have not started a nursery yet and won't be until next month. We have to rearrange our entire apartment to create space for a nursery and we are holding off doing that for a bit. So you are not behind!

12. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: cute bump!! I am not sure if I've had any BH yet. I have had off and on some cramping of sorts but I really can't tell if it's just general stretching/round ligament pain/BH

13. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@Eko: Ok, that makes me feel better

Eta: I've had discomfort kind of low, ob said ligament pain but I feel like it's often. She wasn't concerned.

14. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@rpparker: Love that bedding!!!!!!

15. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

As promised!!! 23weeks!

16. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@rpparker: Love the fabric and the wall color!
    @dc yoga bee: You look great!!!

17. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

I've been a little MIA lately - out of town for work and now vacation. Today's 20 week shot!

18. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

I love the bump shots. I really thought I was finally showing this week but I went to a party today and nobody noticed the bump. If one more person tells me I look like I ate a burrito after I tell them I'm pregnant I'm going to lose it.

19. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

Kind of dark but 23 weeks! They scheduled my c section for may22 So crazy to have a end date in site! I just hope and pray these babies stay in until then!

20. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

Yesterday, I was an emotional basket case. I spilled my coffee and cried for 10 minutes, and then little stuff kept setting me off all day. Anyone else feeling overly emotional lately?

21. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@dc yoga bee: @LindsayInNY: @BabyMats: Your bumps are soooo cute!

@MamaB: I definitely have over emotional moments. They don't happen everyday, which is nice. Anytime I do get upset, it totally drains me.

22. badwolf

grape / 77 posts

@Mamabee: I had a meltdown on Saturday because I couldn't find parking, and on Sunday because I couldn't find a bra to fit my ever-expanding boobs. I've cried over money, work, my cats, insomnia, sex, commercials....you name it, I've cried over it!

23. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@badwolf: Funny that you say you've cried over sex. Because I just had an episode on Saturday. I'm on Dr. ordered no sex until my 28 week ultrasound, and it sucks I just miss the connection with DH....but he's being a stickler, even though I'm the weak one. So I had a bit of a crying fit this weekend.

24. badwolf

grape / 77 posts

@MrsBrewer: Unfortunately mine is mostly crying over sex being very painful now. Every once in a while it's fine but at least 3-3.5 times out of 5, it hurts a lot. I'm just glad my hubby is very patient and doesn't pressure me about it, even though I still feel bad that I have little interest in it. Hopefully the time til your ultrasound passes quickly.

25. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@badwolf: awww I'm so sorry! That's got to be so tough that it's so painful.....I'm sorry!

26. badwolf

grape / 77 posts

@MrsBrewer: Thanks, it's kind of the story of our sex life but had gotten significantly better the last few years, after PT and some other treatment. It's discouraging to see the pain return now but I guess there's not much to be done at the moment. Hopefully we'll get back to the better sex sooner than later!

27. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

I had a meltdown couple days ago because I officially can't fit into my pre pregnancy jeans (even with belly band) and I have no patients lately so not only and I emotional I'm also a raging biotch and super snappy at times. Chocolate and or ice cream usually makes it all better though

28. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MrsBrewer: That sucks. We haven't had sex in ages, but in our case it's because my husband suffers from depression and the meds and everything are a mood killer for him. I hear you on missing the emotional connection. Could you guys do a lot of cuddling/backrubs... or would that just be frustrating?!

@badwolf: I'm sorry! I hope it's just a temporary issue that resolves sooner rather than later.

@hocuspocus: I can't believe you lasted in your pre-preg jeans as long as you did! I haven't been able to fit in mine for months (even with a band).

29. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@78h2o: I feel like we cuddle a lot on the couch together, but that's the extent of it pretty much. I'm sure anymore than that, and we will both get frustrated!

30. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@78h2o: I may have been squeezing into them, I wasn't ready to let go! Lol but I love my spandex leggings. I think I might budge and get a pair of maternity jeans.

31. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

So I just had a mini freak-out. We're getting close to the third trimester already! Where has time gone?!?!

32. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@hocuspocus: I've been living in yoga pants for months! What are jeans?! (I've refused to buy maternity jeans... but I'll probably give in at some point).

33. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@hocuspocus: I bought a pair of Gap's stretch demi panel jeans and they are AH-MAZING!! Seriously the most comfortable things ever. They were on sale online and I found them to fit true to pre-pregnancy size too. You will not regret it, promise!

34. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsBrewer: are we!?!?! There is still so much to be done, and some/a lot/few of us may even go early

35. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

So it sounds like my mom is planning our shower for the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. I'm a little worried that nobody will come ... Rational or not?

36. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@just_ju: I bet people will come as long as they know far in advance before they commit to other holiday plans!

@dc yoga bee: yeah, I really feel like I will have this baby in May (though just because I think that, I'll probably go past my EDD ). Julia measured a few days ahead and was born a few days early, so I feel like this baby will follow a similar pattern. My sister's kids were both a few days early. I was born 6 weeks early and my sister maybe a week early?

Maybe for fun we should all guess our baby's actual birth dates and see who is closest (we might have to exclude the c-section peeps, though I guess they could always go early). The last two ultrasounds showed LO measuring with a 5/26 due date - my birthday. That would be an awesome present, but I'm kind of hoping for her sake that she has her own birthday. I like 5/15/15 or 5/25/15 for a birthday, so I'm going to go with 5/25 for my guess. However, if I make it past my due date (6/1), I really hope she comes on my grandmother's birthday, 6/5!

ETA: I do have a gut feeling about 5/28 though, so that's my second guess

37. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@78h2o: I wouldn't be surprised if I go late. I was born 12 days late (my mom finally went into labor the day before she was to be induced) and then she was induced at 5 days past due for both my younger siblings. And we were all fertility babies so they knew the due dates were accurate!

38. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

I'm planning on going late. I'm working until I'm 40+2 only because they have to have a start date for my replacement. I'd prefer to work until I deliver, so I can maximize my maternity leave time with the baby. So, I'm hoping I don't go more than 10 days past, so I don't lose an entire week of my leave to sitting around just waiting. My mom was induced every time at 40 weeks just because, so I have no idea when she would have had natural labor.

DH and I start our Bradley Birth Class tonight. I'm excited and nervous! Is anyone else doing Bradley classes?

39. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@78h2o: @Mrs.KMM: @MamaB: At my 6 week apt she calculated a 6/6 due date based on when we conceived. At my 20 week apt she measured a week behind, but they told that it's no longer as accurate and that she can have a growth spurt. That being said, I have a feeling I'm going to go early! My mom thinks June 3, and I think end of May for some reason. But, who knows she might be comfy in there. I plan to work up until my due date as well.

40. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

I am really really hoping that I have the baby on 6/1. DH's grandfather passed away last month, and this would have been his 10th great grandchild. So we would love the special connection if the baby is born on the 1st. Since I'm due on the 5th it isn't too far off!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee