Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: I recently indulged in a bacon cheeseburger. I put some guac in it and said it was healthy

2. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: LOL!!! Totally healthy then!!

3. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

I'm glad everyone is hungry too. Yesterday, I ate a huge lunch, and by 3:00 I felt like I hadn't eaten in 10 days. I haven't really had any cravings... I'm trying really hard to make good food choices. I've only gained 8 lbs so far, but I see myself gaining more now that I'm needing to eat so often.

4. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

I still haven't gained any weight yet. I'm actually still 2.5 pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight My appetite has been better, although I've had morning sickness the past several days. My Dr isn't concerned, but I feel like that's weird. I'm almost halfway through the pregnancy... ?
    My 30 minute anatomy scan lasted 90 minutes! Baby is VERY uncooperative! Measuring right at 19 weeks, but was all scrunched up and hard to measure. We couldn't even really confirm gender (even though we did the blood test) which was annoying. I'm going back in a month just to make sure everything still looks ok, which is a little scary. They didn't have any concerns though.

5. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

No issues with my rings yet, although I am keeping an eye on them because I don't want them to get stuck.

I've definitely been feeling a lot more hungry lately, but so far it doesn't seem to be impacting my weight too much. I am only up 7 pounds as of my 20 week appointment. I don't really feel like I've been having any cravings yet, but sweets have seemed less appetizing than normal.

I really need to take a new bump picture this weekend!

6. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

No ring issues yet, hopefully that continues for a while. They're kind of loose on me to begin with thanks to some weight loss, so maybe I'll be lucky and they'll be okay :).

My anatomy scan is finally coming up this week, and I was just wondering - what should I expect and how should I prepare? I really didn't get much info at my last ob appt or when I scheduled the scan.

7. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@just_ju: It'll be about an hour long. They'll examine everything about the baby from head to foot, focusing a lot on the heart chambers. They're measuring the baby to make sure it's on track size and weight wise. They'll do an internal scan to make sure that your cervix is long and closed. You'll find out gender last. It's not their main priority, so expect that.

8. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

@just_ju: I drank a little (5 oz) of OJ about 30 minutes before to make sure the baby was moving. My scan was 30 minutes, she asked if we wanted to know the gender beforehand, and she told us immediately once the ultrasound started. I didn't have an internal done like @cascademom. It was pretty quick, but really amazing to see the baby moving. Enjoy!!

9. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@just_ju: I didn't have to do any special preparation (i.e., I didn't worry about drinking water beforehand). The tech asked me if I needed to pee beforehand because it could take 30-60 minutes. I did not have an internal exam with mine.

10. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

@cascademom: @MamaB: @78h2o: thank you for the input! I like the trick of drinking a little OJ before to get baby moving - very clever :). And it's good to know that there's a possibility of an internal exam - I'll definitely shave my legs before ;). I'm so excited to see who's in there - it's been 9 weeks since my last ultrasound!

11. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@just_ju: @MamaB: I agree with the OJ!

I guess you can say I've been "nesting" this weekend! Registered (whew ), paint samples on the wall, and fabric swatches ordered for bedding and curtains!

12. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@just_ju: I didn't do any prep or anything and I had both the belly and internal ultrasounds (for checking my cervix). My exam was probably more like 30-45 min but they were hurrying because they had a tech call in sick and were way behind schedule.

13. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

@rpparker: nesting = awesome productivity, I'm jealous! Registering is much more difficult than I had anticipated.

14. badwolf

grape / 77 posts

Can I ask a total TMI question here? Anyone else finding that pregnant sex is just not working? Background - I was diagnosed with pelvic floor dysfunction and vulvar vestibulitis several years ago (translation: overly toned pelvic floor and incredibly painful sex) and did a treatment series for it that included horrible topical cream that burned, as well as internal pelvic floor biofeedback. After many months of these treatments, sex was manageable for the first time ever, and became less and less painful over time.

but now that I'm in the second trimester, I feel like all the extra bloodflow in my pelvic region is causing these old issues to flare up because sex has become terribly painful pretty much every time. Even more frustrating, I will feel interested in sex but when we get going, it's so painful we've had to stop a few times. I feel bad for hubby and frustrated for me. The position doesn't seem to make much difference. Has anyone else had any problems with sex during pregnancy? I'm feeling pretty discouraged about it after tonight's fiasco.

15. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

@badwolf: I'm sorry that you are dealing with this! I've found that penetration has been a little more uncomfortable lately, I think we need to mix up our positions. But, we've really upped the oral sex which has been fantastic. Ha. Maybe that's something you could do as an alternative until you figure out what's going on.

16. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@badwolf: I'm sorry you are having such a rough time with it. The first couple times for me were sort of a disaster. We have to take it slower and I had to switch up positions. Also, I told DH that he wasn't allowed to take his time because then I'll start to get super uncomfortable and it'll just quickly go downhill from there. I think though for me, it was more the baby resting in an awkward spot then anything else. Maybe if you find that different positions aren't working you can talk with your doctor and see if there is something else they can recommend to you.

17. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@badwolf: I'm sorry! I'm really not much of a help though on this topic, we really haven't had sex in a while since I'm on pelvic rest until I know for a fact that my placenta has moved into a better position!

18. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@badwolf: I am so sorry you are uncomfortable/in pain during sex. I went through a long (5 year+) period with vulvar vestibulitis awhile back, and I know how awful it is. I don't really know what to recommend, other than a lot of foreplay, a lot of lube, and different positions. Oral sex might be a good alternative too, as others have suggested. I think you are probably right that the hormones and increased blood flow are causing the problem. When I had VV, it took all kinds of med combinations to finally treat it - but I doubt they are anything you'd want to take pregnant.

I'm really annoyed... I've had a cold for 2+ weeks and now I feel like I am coming down with something else on top of what I had. What the hell?!

In good news though, I am 23 weeks today... so getting close to viability. Actually, I have been measuring a week ahead, so I might be there in terms of size.

19. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@badwolf: I am so sorry you are in pain. We've only had sex one time since ovulation day, and that was at 18 weeks. I had to tell DH to stop so that I could go throw up. Yep, that's enough of that. I would take it easy, and maybe try other areas of fun if the mood strikes that doesn't involve penetration. I hope you feel better soon love.

20. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Has anyone started getting Braxton Hicks yet?

21. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@MrsBrewer: I found out that I was more than likely having Braxton hicks last week. Talked to my Dr. about it yesterday. I was feeling tightening in my lower abdominal area and a pulling feeling. She said more than likely Braxton hicks and not to be too worried, it's pretty common. She told me to call or come in if I get more than 5 and hour, if they don't go away, if they're painful and any excessive discharge. Made me feel soo much better. I'll be at the 24 week mark tomorrow !!! Yay seems like we're getting so close

22. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MrsBrewer: No, I haven't had them yet. I'm not even sure I had them with Julia. I can't menstrual-like cramping for a few night before I went into labor, which might have been BH, but that's it. I'm curious to see whether I get them this time.

Here's my 23w2d photo, since I forgot to take one on Monday.

Baby's kicks are getting noticeably stronger. Love it!

23. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@MrsBrewer: no BH. But never felt with first lo either. Curious if I might with this one.

@78h2o: you look so good!

24. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@BabyMats:

Man, I am so so tired and still super nauseous. I don't get it. I am thinking maybe I need more sleep? I am sleeping 7 hrs or so, which used to be enough, but maybe I need more? When I was first pregnant, I was sleeping like 10 hrs a night, but I no longer feel super drowsy in the evening. Before, I felt like staying awake was not an option; whereas now, I feel like I might have trouble falling asleep if I went to bed earlier... yet I am dragging throughout the day.

How many hours are you all sleeping??

25. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

@78h2o: You look great! I typically get 7.5-8.5 hours of sleep. Of course, last night I was sound asleep on the couch by 8:30. Ha! DH woke me up and told me that I should just go to bed, so I did.

I feel like the baby has had a growth spurt this week because I'm starting to feel larger. I wish my boobs would stop growing! I don't want to buy new bras now and again after my milk comes in! Here's my 22 week picture.

26. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@78h2o: @MamaB: You ladies look amazing!!!

27. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@78h2o: I think I'm sleeping right around 8-9 hours/night and I feel great! I feel very refreshed. I don't think I would be able to function on any less than that though truthfully. Plus I get pretty crappy sleep. My hips have been killing me, and they are so achy that I have to switch sides that I'm sleeping on probably every hour!

28. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@MrsBrewer: I keep tossing and turning due to uncomfortable hips, too! I even have a preg pillow but it's not very helpful. I've only been sleeping about 3 hours a night and it's torture

29. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

20 week bump (yesterday). Finally back up to pre-pregnancy weight!

30. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@78h2o: my sleep has sucked but more because I have to get up and pee every3 to 4 hours. But my back and hips kill me too. When I have a good nights sleep I am still exhausted. With 1st pregnancy I had an insane amount of energy. .oh well

31. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@MamaB: @MrsKMM: got some nice looking bumps ladies

32. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

I've been sleeping 8-9 hours a night but I normally need about that much to function anyway. No BH contractions here yet.

Here's my bump today at 21w3d!

33. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MamaB: I hear you on the boobs! Mine exploded! I'm already on my 3rd bra size of pregnancy and I'm scared of what they'll do when my milk comes in .

34. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

24 wk bump, baby has popped!

I'm not getting much sleep at all either, achey hips and back makes it so uncomfortable. Also I feel like I waddle when I walk now haha

35. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@MrsKMM: Gorgeous Bump!

@Mrs.KMM: You definitely popped!! Nice round belly!!

@hocuspocus: You look amazing!!

36. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

Everyone looks soo cute!

I have definitely been having more aches and pains over the past week, which aren't too much fun. I've still been able to sleep about 8+ hours a night though.

37. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

You guys all look so great! So exciting so see all those baby bellies!!!!

My daughter got to feel the baby kick last night! She kept her hands (and at one point, feet) on my belly while we were laying in bed reading and she totally squealed when baby kicked. I love how excited she is, especially since my husband has never cared about feeling kicks! At least someone besides me is excited!

I have been lucky... I wake up a lot to pee, but my back and hips don't bother me. I'm sorry some of you are having trouble with that! I did get a super painful foot/toe crap last night! That's new...but now I remember I did get them with Julia.

38. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Everyone looks great!! I think we may go on a date tonight. If so, I promise to take a bump pic!

39. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@78h2o: Awwww!!! So cute about your daughter feeling the kicks!! Too funny she had her feet on your belly too, kids are the cutest!

@dc yoga bee: Yes, for sure take a bump pic!!!

40. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Ladies - so I'm 23 weeks now, and this afternoon I've been feeling cramping pains, they aren't lasting a long time, but they are more or less coming in spurts. They really feel like PMS cramps. But every time I feel one, the baby starts moving about and kicking like crazy. It's not too painful, I'm just uncomfortable. Does this sound like a regular pregnancy thing?

Is this Braxton Hicks??

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee