Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@78h2o: It's on my home computer, y'all will judge I'm serious!

Im having a hard time coming up with excuses for apts. I had testing with the RE in September and had to keep going back multiple times a week. Tuesday is my sonogram and I hated telling her I have yet another doctors apt! Plus, I'm super bloated and everyone had been commenting on my weight loss and how I'm withering away. Those pants that were falling off of me are now tight!

2. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@dc yoga bee: That's exciting your u/s is so soon! How far along with you be? This is with the RE, right? I don't know what to tell you about work. Maybe just say, "things are fine, I just need to get some more testing done"?

3. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@78h2o: 6 weeks and 4 days. If it goes well she will release me to my OBGYN. The month we did testing, I got pregnant. I absolutely love it! She never treated me but still did my betas twice and then wants to see me one more time. I hope we can hear a heartbeat.

4. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

I hope you get to hear it or see it too! I think you have a good chance at 6w4d. I think I saw Julia's at 6w5d.

5. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@78h2o: oh wow that is a legit bump! I"m jealous--I actually miss my maternity clothes

No real symptoms here...some days I am starving and some days I have no appetite. No nausea though. I am getting more nervous about our first u/s and I wish I could just fast forward the next 2.5 weeks!

6. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

So the Environmental Health and Safety Office at work was not very helpful. The first lady at the main office couldn't answer anything and passed me off to a representative specifically for my building. But he couldn't speak to any of my concerns either! He said he was going to look into the things I asked about but come on! Isn't knowing about this stuff supposed to be their job?

7. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Mrs.KMM: wow! Especially, when that's what the office specializes in- health and safety at work!

My low back pain is at an all time high right now! And I don't think I can use bengay or icy hot . Also, I could use a nap right about now!

8. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Mrs.KMM: That's really annoying. Out of curiosity, what kind of materials do you work with that you're worried about?

@dc yoga bee: Hope your back is feeling better today.

@hilsy85: yeah, I don't know what is going on with my belly! It's definitely bloat, because it's worse in the evening, but jeez. The office manager told me that last night after I left, a client asked her when I was due! Ahhh!

9. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@78h2o: Does your office manager know that you are pregnant yet??

@Mrs.KMM: Ugh I'm so sorry!!! I really hope you can get this resolved with them sooner rather than later!

Might be TMI but this constipation is no joke....:-( What are everyone's favorite high fiber foods??

10. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@78h2o: I irradiate samples sometimes so I am standing next to a large source of radiation (it is shielded but I want to make sure it is enough for a pregnancy). When I isolate RNA, I use two things (Trizol and Chloroform) that apparently can cross the placenta. I want to know if I am okay to still use them so long as I do so in the fume hood (which is standard anyway). Our lab uses pertussis toxin (I'm up to date on my TDap vaccination) and something called Complete Freund's Adjuvant which can be a health hazard. Those are the things that I at least know to question.

I wish they had some sort of list of common lab materials that should be avoided during pregnancy though. My bigger concern is that there is something I work with that I don't even realize could be a potential problem with pregnancy.

11. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsBrewer: Raspberries and blackberries are decently high in fiber. I really like broccoli too. Apples are one of my favorite snacks!

12. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MrsBrewer: yeah, the office manager/admin assistant is one of the ones I told. She said she was caught totally off guard, so she stammered a bit and eventually told the client I was pregnant, but that it was early and I wasn't telling anyone yet. I guess she said promised not to say anything.

I haven't had those issues yet, fortunately, but maybe drinking more water would help? And prunes?? I like the kind of dried prunes that come in a pouch.

@Mrs.KMM: I can definitely understand your concern. Do you usually have to wear anything to monitor radiation exposure? I've hear of radiology techs needing to wear one all the time and then a special one during pregnancy to make sure the baby never gets too much exposure. I wonder if you could get something like that?? I hope someone can get you the info you need soon!

13. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I have some frozen berries in my freezer, maybe I will make myself a nice big smoothie tonight!

14. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: I'm right there with you on the constipation. I have been drinking some prune juice, but nothing really seems to help me much.

I have been having some really crazy knee pain. I have not had any issues before with knee pain and now all of a sudden it's so intense it sometimes wakes me up in the middle of the night. Not quite sure what this is from, but it blows.

15. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@78h2o: No - I don't have to wear anything. There is a monitor on the outside of the machine that basically monitors the room though. I suspect that it is plenty shielded but I want confirmation and it just seems odd to me that they wouldn't just know that answer and be able to tell me.

16. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@MrsBrewer: make sure you are drinking enough water, that makes the biggest difference for me!

17. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@hilsy85: you know, it's funny that you say that because yesterday I know for a fact I didn't drink nearly enough water. I think that's part of my problem. Today I'm aiming for 100oz!

18. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsBrewer: I love how pregnancy both makes you have to pee more but then makes you need to drink more water to battle constipation so you have to pee that much more frequently.

19. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs.KMM: It's a horribly vicious cycle!!!

20. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Feeling much better today! Not feeling any symptoms other than my boobs are tender. I need to up my water intake up as well!

21. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

So for those of you who already have a LO - when did you have a noticeable bump with your first? Like a bump that looks like you're pregnant vs. bloat that looks like you need to work out more?

I'm going home the weekend after Thanksgiving and my entire family is getting professional family photos done. My parents decided we are in drastic need of an update since our last family photo was from my senior year of high school (aka a decade ago) and there are now 2 son-in-laws in the family too.

I'm going to be 12w4d when we take photos. Any chance I'm going to start looking pregnant at that point? Or am I just going to be trying to make sure I don't look fat in the family photo for the next decade?

22. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I didn't look pregnant a la bump until I was about 20 weeks pregnant. I looked bloated around 12 weeks last time, but possibly pregnant.

Today, I'm wearing a belly band. My pants are tight and uncomfortable already.

23. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Such a great question! I want to know that also!

24. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Good question! My mom was very petite and told me she had a noticeable bump at 12 weeks with her first (my brother)

25. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I took weekly photos last time around. I can try to post some of them when I get home. I would say maybe 14-16 weeks? I know for sure that by 16 weeks I looked full on pregnant...like, people were giving up their seats for me! But I remember when I told my girlfriends at 12 weeks, they already knew because I was starting to show. I think I show early though. If you are planning to tell your family at that time, I would probably wear a maternity shirt and play up the bump, rather than try to hide it and feel frumpy. But if you're not going to tell them, you could probably hide it.

26. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@78h2o: My immediate family (who the photo is with) will already know. And we'll be seeing our extended family the next day and we were going to tell all of them then. I definitely don't want to feel frumpy for the photo.

27. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

So excited that my betas jumped from 73 on Monday to 325 today!! I have another round of betas on Saturday and my first u/s scheduled for next Friday. yipee!

28. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: yay! That's great!

29. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Eko: That's awesome!!! Baby's getting nice and snug!

30. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Eko: That's awesome news!

31. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: Yay!!!!!

32. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

So dumb question, my first appt with the midwife is on Wednesday, and they will be doing an ultrasound. Are early ultrasounds normally done vaginally? I'm just wondering! I will be exactly 7 weeks at the time.

33. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: Yep, vaginally. It's usually a lower tech ultrasound machine. I had that machine used three times: first two vaginal ultrasounds, then one near the end of my pregnancy asking about positioning. My OB did a quick ultrasound to check if LO was head down because I didn't know.

In my office, the bigger ultrasounds (13 week and 20 week dating/growth ones) are done in a different office devoted to ultrasounds.

34. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: Good to know! Thanks! I would assume that they are only uncomfortable....it doesn't hurt or anything does it?

35. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: It really doesn't hurt or anything. The wand looks similar to male anatomy and is given a plastic condom of sort. I forgot what my friend called the vaginal ultrasound. It's not scary at all. It's the easiest way to see early pregnancies.

36. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

Juts popping in to say hi to all the June 2015 mamas! I was a June 2014 Mama (although LO came 2 weeks early at the end of May) and I can hardly believe it's been a year since I started that journey. Take care and CONGRATULATIONS!

37. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

I just logged into facebook for the first time in a while. FOUR pregnancy announcements, including someone having spontaneous triplets!!! It's everyone having babes in April and May. My oh my guys!!!

38. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@dc yoga bee: I have a bunch of FB friends with March/April due dates!

39. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

OMG - pregnancy hormones! I got off the phone from a frustrating conversation with my mom and walk in the door to find a package that I tried to send to Ireland was returned to sender because I didn't spell out that it was coming from USA in my return address. I started crying over the fact that I'm going to have to repay the $10 in shipping to re-mail it (all because of a missing 3 letters in the return address). I'm a mess!

40. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@eko: Congratulations, very exciting!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee