Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: Oh wow!!! Well I have 3 baby showers to go to starting next week (3 weeks in a row!) I have 3 friends that are due in Dec/Jan!!

2. TarHeelBee

pea / 11 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I just caught up on the thread but I also work in a scientific setting and your lab should have a safety manual with the material safety data sheets (MSDS) for every chemical you guys use. Listed in the MSDS is any carcinogenic or teratogenic effects known to that particular chemical. Might be a pain to look through all of them but worth it for the peace of mind.

3. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@TarHeelBee: Yeah - I've looked at the MSDS but they don't really tell me what I'm looking to know. I know some of the things I work with are carcinogenic and/or teratogenic (in lab animals) but the MSDS doesn't tell me if using proper PPE will give me sufficient protection from those risks while pregnant. Many of the risks/hazards involve ingesting the compound or having it in direct contact with your skin (neither of which are going to be happening if I'm wearing proper PPE).

4. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@dc yoga bee: we also have lots of babies being born around us in the next 6 months--3 in Nov, 3 in Dec, 1 in Jan, 1 in Feb, 1 in March, and 1 in May! Craziness!

5. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

I've officially unbuttoned my pants sitting at my desk at work right now.....LOL It's starting to get a little uncomfortable! Probably just straight bloat, but still uncomfortable!

6. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@MrsBrewer: ha ain't no shame in that!! Whatever makes you more comfortable!

I personally am only wearing my super stretch jeans--the thought of anything tight is awful.

7. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@hilsy85: Yea I'm stupid and I have on jeans today that have 0 stretch to them what so ever!

8. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

Has anyone experienced something like growing pains yet? I have been having this weird feeling, I guess sort of like stretching, but it is really hard to describe and maybe as close as I would get is growing pains??

9. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Eko: I have just had some cramping, but maybe it's round ligament pain? Either way, I just think of any funky feelings as the baby snuggling deeper into its spot!

10. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: I've had cramping. More so right when I got my BFP. But I feel like mine are starting again now starting this morning.

11. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsBrewer: I've got a pair of Lee's khakis that have a "comfort waistband" that is kind of stretchy. I've been wearing them all week because the bloat is making my jeans too tight!

12. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: I've been wearing a belly band for two days now. I don't know if it's bloat or fat. I'm eating so many carbs to feel better through the morning sickness.

13. Mommy Finger

pomegranate / 3272 posts

EDD: June 13th

How far along: 4 weeks

First child? 2nd - DS will be 2 next month

First doctor appointment: Already been to the doctor twice to confirm pregnancy and to check my hormone levels. Oct 22nd at 6 weeks will be the first ultrasound appt with another at 8w. I'm 35 so I think there will be a little more to this pregnancy in regards to tests/drs visits

Any symptoms so far? I'm not usually a crier but I've been super emotional later. And my boobs are getting tender.

Who have you told? DH (obviously), 2 close friends, the instructor at my workout class, and coworker who called me out. Dying to tell my parents.

14. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs.KMM: @cascademom: Nice!! I think I need to invest in one of these belly bands! Can you use them for work pants also?

15. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: I'm using them mainly for work pants. With jeans, the hair tie trick works well too.

http://www.babble.com/pregnancy/5-ways-to-expand-your-pre-pregnancy-jeans/

http://diymaternity.com/pants-skirts/the-rubberband-maternity-trick/

16. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

My neighbor just gave me a bottle of wine and a bottle of vodka as I came home from work. I wonder if she figured me out and just wants to torture me.

17. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@dc yoga bee @78h2o @hilsy85 thanks ! This is so exciting

@eko I've been having that feeling a lot. I had pretty bad cramps in the begging before I even knew I was pregnant and I though they were af cramps and lasted for a couple weeks. Still having some cramping but getting a lot better and I have a stretching/pulling feeling sometimes too especially when I get up from laying down or sitting. From what I've heard it's all normal

18. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@MUI831: Welcome!

As a first-time mom without an established relationship with a OB/gyn, I'm struggling to figure out what to do re: prenatal care.

I have a 6wk appointment with the ob/gyn I've seen once. They'll do a blood test and a vaginal ultrasound to determine the viability of the pregnancy. However, she's not available on Wednesdays, which is the best day for me to have appointments, due to work. The front office staff are also really curt and inflexible on the phone, so I get a bad vibe. The ob/gyn is contracted with a decent hospital - bad reviews in the past, but many improvements and awards since then.

I also have 10 wk appointment scheduled with another ob/gyn practice. This ob/gyn practice is bigger, more available for appointments, and closer to home. However, they didn't want to see me until 10 weeks, and well.... I just don't want to wait that long! They also contract with a different hospital, one that has a better word-of-mouth reputation but no awards.

I also will be visiting both hospitals at 6wks and 8wks, and feel ridiculous for doing so this early in the game. But I'm hoping it would help me make an OB/gyn decision. I imagine I might go to my "former" Ob/gyn (who I've only seen once) for the 6 week appointment, then switch over to the new ob/gyn practice after visiting the hospitals and thinking about it. Have any of you done that before, switching ob/gyns during a pregnancy? How did it go?

19. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@DesertDreams88: I have no experience switching OBs but unless you have a hx of early pregnancy loss, or went through fertility treatments, it's REALLY normal for doctors to not see you until 8-10 weeks. I don't know your history so don't know if either of those factors apply? It sounds like the 2nd OB/hospital is better for your situation, so I would probably go with that one!

20. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

How's everyone doing??

I'm just dealing with nausea right now, nothing else really. But I'm getting really excited for Wednesday....I can't believe our first appt is almost here already! I just really hope that we're able to see a heartbeat then.

21. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: I'm dealing mainly with nausea. My stomach is still touch and go. I don't get to see my munchkin until the 27th. The wait is sooooooooooo long.

22. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: aww I'm sorry the wait is long!! The only reason I'm going in is because my OB practice is basing my due date off my LMP, even though I know I O'd on CD 31....so they are putting me at 9 weeks right now.

23. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Annnnnd this must be morning sickness. I'm at the beach with my family, having a great time, surprised them with the news and bam! The smell of donuts made me run to the bathroom dry heaving. Everyone told me at 6 weeks it would hit. Today is 6w3d so I thought, "hey maybe I'll be spared!" I also woke up to my skin breaking out, and I never get breakouts! Also, 4 more people announced on facebook. We now know 10 people having babies next spring!

24. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsBrewer: I'm exactly 5 weeks today. Gas and bloating are still my only symptoms really. I'm totally jealous you get to see your LO soon! I still have 3 weeks until my appointment!

DH and I told our parents and siblings this weekend. I made baby quilts for both of our moms and on the label on the back said "Great Moms Get Promoted to Grandmas - In Celebration of Baby M Due Summer 2015". Both of our moms started crying they were so happy and excited! My mom even went out to BabysRUs and bought a Pack and Play!

25. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

Nausea hit me today too. Some days I wake up feeling great and some I feel so sick. I know I have to eat but I'm totally grossed out with all the food in the house. I feel like if I make my own food, I'm so grossed out and can't eat it.

26. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Well, it was my first day back at work today after a week off! It was also my first day being at work since I found out. I just kept praying that my work stress wouldn't impact the LO. No major symptoms yet, just mainly a little backache and a lot of bloat (I always keep my weight in my tummy area.) I'm 5wks & 3 days now.

I know you're not "supposed to" keep taking HPTs, but they were so cheap and I like seeing the line darken

27. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@DesertDreams88: If I had cheapies, I'd probably be doing the same thing!

28. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

Ok - another question for those who already have a LO. When did you first get to see/hear their heartbeat?

I was always under the impression that this often happened at the first (~8 week) appointment. But DH (being super cute) has already bought and been reading a book about becoming a dad and it was saying that you don't get to see/hear the heartbeat until the 2nd or maybe even the 3rd appointment. Google has turned up conflicting results so I want to know what your experience was with your first LO.

29. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

June 2015 Mommas
    June 1: 78H20, Cascademom
    June 3: Mrs. Brewer, Hocuspocus
    June 5: Babymats
    June 6: DC Yoga Bee
    June 9: Hilsy85
    June 12: Desertdreams88
    June 13: Tarheelbee, MUI831
    June 14: EKO
    June 15: Corduroy
    June 16: KMM
    June 19: Jess1483

30. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Eep! Just got back from the doctor! I'm 6w4d. We saw one little baby, and he/she is measuring 6w3d. I think that's more in line that we conceived on ovulation day! I moved my due date to 6/6/15. All the apps say baby is the size of a sweet pea at 6 weeks, but the RE said baby is the size of a grain of rice, and is right on track for growth. We could see the heart beating so fast, but she was having a hard time hearing it. She told me not to worry, since we could clearly see that thing pumping away! I still can't believe we got pregnant the same month we decided to start testing. God is good! She cleared me for working out since I was doing yoga before, pedicures are fine, occasional deli sandwich and hotdog is okay, chicken salad she asked um why not, and warm baths, and bengay (as long as not on my belly) are perfectly fine! And without further ado...

31. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I just saw it! I'm 6w4d. She had a hard time recording it, but we think we did hear it here and there. But, we could definitely see it pumping!!

32. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@dc yoga bee: That is such awesome news! And I love seeing people's ultrasound photos! I really hope we're able to see our little tater tot's heartbeat in a couple of weeks! I think I'll be really sad if I don't get to do that during my 8 week appointment.

33. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I think at 8 weeks, they will 100% be looking for a heartbeat on the ultrasound. At my doctor's office, you can see it but not hear it. Maybe the discrepancy you are finding via Google has to do with whether or not the doc is doing an ultrasound at the appointment? Most docs won't try to locate a heartbeat that early with doppler, but I've never heard of them not trying to find a heartbeat via vaginal or abdominal ultrasound. I don't think my doc attempts to find a hb via doppler until around 12 weeks.

34. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@dc yoga bee: so glad everything looks great! yay!

35. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: YAY!!!! That's sooo exciting!!! I have my first appointment tomorrow!!!

36. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@78h2o: Yeah - a lot of the stuff on Google was saying that they don't do ultrasounds at the first appointment and that you probably won't get an ultrasound until 20 weeks. And since, as you said, they can't typically find the heartbeat with doppler until at least 12 weeks, that was where the 2nd (or maybe 3rd) appointment stuff was coming from.

Maybe that used to be the norm but more OBs are shifting to doing an ultrasound early?

37. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I think it depends on the doc and the insurance. My insurance only covers the 20 week anatomy scan, but will approve other ultrasounds if there is a need. I think my OB practice does an ultrasound between 8-10 weeks for "dating purposes" as routine practice. My insurance covered it with that as the reasoning. When I got an early ultrasound at 6w5d with J, they covered it to rule out an ectopic, because I was having spotting and strong one-sided cramps. I didn't have any ultrasounds after 20 weeks though because they didn't cover it and my OB didn't feel a need.

38. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Mrs.KMM: We saw the heartbeat at 8w4d with LO1, and I will hopefully see the HB when I go in for my 1st appt with this LO, at 7w6d. My OB also does ultrasounds at every single appt though (not with the high tech machine, just with the one in her office, but it's nice to see the heartbeat and baby every time!)

@dc yoga bee: amazing! congrats mama!

39. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I called my doctor and asked what I should expect at my 1st appointment (6w3d). They told me they always do a vaginal ultrasound at the first appointment to confirm "if" I'm pregnant. I was like, ummm, I AM pregnant. I might not be in the future, but right now, I am! So my OB/gyn does it to confirm "viability of the pregnancy."

@dc yoga bee: looks great ! I've taken a two-week break from yoga but I hope to start back up after we see the heartbeat. My only concern is that I've been told no twisting, which is like, 1/3 of my practice....

40. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Symptom question: I'm at 5w4d, and several times today it has felt like someone was gently poking at my uterus/vagina (it feels VERY low). It's not very painful, it's not widespread like cramps, and it's very centered. It's like someone is pressing a pencil eraser tip in me, honestly. I don't know how else to describe it - anyone experience this?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee