Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Eko: I hit submit too fast. Congrats on a good apt!! It's hard to see the hb so early on.

@hilsy85: thanks! That man ordered the crib last night! At least we will have it before it's discontinued smh!

2. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@dc yoga bee: haha wow! Well having the crib in your house will make it seem real for sure

3. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: Welcome!!! I'm so glad you're here!

4. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: I am measuring at 5w5d so it's early.

5. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@LindsayInNY: Hooray! Welcome.

My second round of betas came back at 4400, so definitely doubling! I'm feeling much better. I've also started to get some faint nausea. My in-laws are in town, and we haven't told them yet. I took them to breakfast this morning and had to fight down 6 bites. They must think I'm so wasteful!! We're going to tell them tomorrow night, partly because my SIL is planning to get married next June and want to turn it into a huge family vacation at the coast we'll obviously miss it. We're fine missing it, but we don't want them to get set on plans with us when it won't work.

6. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: Congratulations! So happy you can join us!!

7. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Jess1483: Wow!! What were for first betas?

8. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@LindsayInNY: The first ones were done at 19dpo, and were 2000-something (she wasn't specific). I had a loss in August, so I'm pretty anxious about this pregnancy, but it just totally feels different. I have m/s just starting (had none with my m/c), I'm starving (my body was rejecting food, but not in a pregnancy way, in a "I don't need sustenance" way), and overall I just feel better about it. Of course, I'm still totally nervous and well aware that something could happen, but I'm also really hopeful.

9. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Jess1483: This is a sticky baby!

10. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@dc yoga bee: awww, love that crib. Your husband sounds so adorable.

@Jess1483: your numbers sound great!

@LindsayInNY: congratulations! I know you have waited a long time for this!

@Eko: so glad you had a great appointment.

I forgot to take a Unisom the other night and boy was that a mistake! I spent the whole next day vomiting (well, not the entire day, but I felt so so sick and probably threw up about 5-6x). Any question I had about whether or not it is necessary was answered. I am going to ask the doctor for a diclegis prescription, as I am finding the Unisom wears off mid-afternoon.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

11. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@78h2o: Sorry to hear you're so sick.

I'm taking 1/4 Unisom again after skipping it for a week or so. I wasn't getting nauseated without it but I had a need to eat non-stop (probably to avoid nausea). I thought I was going to die without snacks on my 45 minute drive home from work on Thursday (after eating before I left work). After scavenging like a wild animal I managed to find a bag of pretzels from a recent flight in my bag halfway home. I think I would have stopped for food without it. Yesterday, back on Unisom I went 4 hours without even thinking about eating. Obviously not the same as nausea but I'm thankful Unisom none the less.

12. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

I'm at the tail end of the June due dates so I get to live vicariously through everyone else for the time being Questions - When did you first notice symptoms and what were they? Are you showing in any way (even bloat counts!)? I'm ready for some big boobs - come on, lol! I haven't had anything but I assume it's just too early. If anything, I've been super hungry in the afternoon before dinner. And more thirsty than usual during the afternoon too. Maybe that's all in my head?

13. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@78h2o: I hope you feel better!

@LindsayInNY: I already told you about my pretty much lack of symptoms, but all the "literature" I read says big boobs come at 7 weeksish. Yesterday was 7 weeks, and no growth yet! I am super bloated. I had lost a bunch of weight the two months before I finally got my bfp. My tummy was getting flat. I'd post a pic but my face is in it and this isn't gold. Let me see if I can black it out on my phone (I'm at the hair salon). If not, I'll upload it later when I get home!

ETA: That was easy enough. 7 weeks of bloat in all its glory! I promise I am not sticking my tummy out.

14. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@LindsayInNY: with my first LO, I think my boobs started growing around 8-10 weeks? I had zero MS with him, and really no other symptoms with him either, and so far this pregnancy is very similar. I am definitely hungrier at times, and way thirstier!

15. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@LindsayInNY: my boobs got bigger around 6-7 weeks this time. I can't remember if it was the same last time.

@Corduroy: glad the Unisom is helping you. Last time I did t take anything except for a day or two of Zofran and was beyond miserable. I am so thankful the Unisom is working!

16. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@dc yoga bee: the bloat is crazy, isn't it? I think mine has gotten a little better this week. I'm still wearing my roomer size-up pants though.

17. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: I am at 6w and my boobs started getting bigger right away. Sore boobs has been my big pregnancy symptom. I also have had on and off backache and gas. Just waiting for the m/s to come in any day now.

18. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@LindsayInNY: 6w1d and very little symptoms other than bloat and some backache! I'm hoping to avoid significant MS because as a teacher, I can't just go to the bathroom whenever I want.

19. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: I'm waiting for the boobs still and I'm 7+1 today! They are sore like no other since getting my BFP though. A ton of bloat also! I also think my morning sickness officially started about halfway through my 6th week. Yuck

20. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

Ugh, I am having red spotting today and some cramps. It's not a lot but it's making me nervous. I don't think I will bother calling my OB though because I already have an ultrasound scheduled for the morning and there's nothing else they can really do. I'm Rh+ so that is not a concern. I'm crossing my fingers it is breakthrough bleeding, as this is probably around the time I would be getting my period (I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow).

21. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@78h2o: I really hope it's nothing! My fingers are crossed that it's just break through bleeding. Is your appointment tomorrow?

22. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@78h2o: I hope that's all it is!! Please let us know

23. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@78h2o: Thinking of you! I hope it's nothing. I know how scary it is, though. I'm glad you have an ultrasound tomorrow.

24. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@78h2o: thinking of you, hopefully it's nothing.

25. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@78h2o: hope everything is ok!! Thinking of you!

I am getting more and more nervous about our first appt next week...I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow and have ZERO symptoms now, no bloating, no sore boobs, not even any breaking out which I had with LO1. I keep telling myself that everything is probably fine, but I really wish I had my appt this week! We are also going away this weekend with two friends and their husbands/kids, and I don't think there's any way I'll be able to keep it a secret, so I'll have to tell them before our first appt, which I didn't want to do...oh well.

Hopefully this week flies by!

26. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@LindsayInNY: I'm at 6w today and have pretty minimal symptoms so far. No morning sickness but I am definitely bloated and have been gassy. I've had a bit of fatigue but it hasn't been consistent. I did have to take a 1.5 hour nap Sunday afternoon despite sleeping 10 hours Saturday night.

@hilsy85: Hopefully your trip this weekend will keep you distracted until your appointment. Why don't you think you can keep it a secret? Too hard to hide that you won't be drinking? I definitely got called out on that this weekend. My tennis club had a fall festival / chili cookoff and I got called out by one of my tennis teammates about why I was drinking a Coke Zero instead of beer. She straight up asked me if I was knocked up. I lied and just said I wasn't in a beer mood but I don't know if she believed me.

27. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@78h2o: I had a little bit of red spotting when I wiped one day last week. I freaked out a little bit but haven't seen any since then. Hopefully yours stops soon or you can at least get reassurance at your appointment that it isn't a concern.

@Eko: and @MrsBrewer: I do not want the bigger boobs symptom to come. I am already an F/G cup (depending on bra brand). If they get much bigger, they'll be frightening! I don't even want to think about what they are going to be like with breastfeeding!

28. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

Baby looked good! Thanks for the good thoughts. Measured 8 weeks with a HB of 182. Thank God! My ultrasound photo is crappy since it was an abdominal ultrasound, but I'll post it when I get to work.

29. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@78h2o: Yay! Glad to hear the appointment went well!

30. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@78h2o: YAY!!!! I'm so happy everything went great!!

31. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@78h2o: Woo!! What great news!

32. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: Awesome!!! Spotting freaks me out so much with pregnancy.

Anybody have lactose intolerance with pregnancy? I tried milk and ice cream last night. It didn't end well. I'm thinking that this munchkin doesn't like milk. I could drink it with LO's pregnancy. This one not so much.

I'm 7 days from my first appointment! This wait is so long.

33. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

Not much of anything to see, but at least it proves there's a baby in there!

34. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: I'm the opposite! I had a dairy intolerance before getting pregnant, and now milk/cheese/etc doesn't bother me at all.

35. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@78h2o: Hooray! Was thinking of you all morning! @cascademom: I was the same as @MrsBrewer:. I used to struggle with dairy, and from my first pregnancy on-ward, I haven't had any trouble.

I woke up at 5 a.m. and was terrified because all my symptoms had stopped. No worries, though, m/s just began this morning It makes me feel so much better, as I had no symptoms at all with my m/c at 8 weeks.

36. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Mrs.KMM: @MrsBrewer: @LindsayInNY: @cascademom: @Jess1483: Thank you ladies!

I was so anxious before my appointment, and then to make matters worse, I got stuck in a major traffic jam and arrived 40 minutes late. They only answer their phones from 9-5, and my appointment was at 8, so I couldn't even talk to anyone. Fortunately, they were still able to see me. My blood pressure was definitely higher than normal, but they didn't say anything!

The doctor I saw was super, super nice and reassuring. She felt the bleeding was probably a SCH, but said that she seems them in about 50% of pregnancies. I didn't have any bleeding after yesterday, so she said she wasn't worried. I'm been guzzling water and the cramping seems better. She did not prescribe me Diclegis, like I wanted though. She said it's too expensive and what I was doing already with the Unisom/B6 she felt was just as good. She was really sweet about the morning sickness...said she knew when she saw me in the waiting room that I wasn't feeling well... "You've got the first trimester look." lol! She told me to eat carbs, carbs, carbs and sour things, which is in line with what I have found works for me. She was like, "you can worry about your diet when you're feeling better." She said the gummy vitamins were totally fine until I was feeling better too.

Because of my age, she is going to send me for the Verifi genetic testing. I am also going to get the NT scan. So I will meet with a genetic counselor next week (required before Verifi) and then I will get the Verifi done at 10 weeks and the NT at 12 weeks.

37. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Well I've officially brought out the belly band.....that thing is AMAZING!!

38. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Mrs.KMM: yup, basically because of the drinking--everyone else drinks and there will be wine at dinner, beer during the kids' naps...I am also going out to dinner with the ladies this Thursday and it will be even harder to hide in a small setting, so I might just come out with it.

@78h2o: so glad the appt went well!

39. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@78h2o: Your appointment recap made me smile. I'm so glad everything went well!

@MrsBrewer: Glad you like it! Just the thought of anything on my belly makes me feel sick!

40. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Got some not so great news via vaginal US at the appt today.

By LMP I should be 6w3d, and by O date I should be 6w0d. O date was confirmed by sustained temp rise, Clearblue monitor, and OPKs. I got two BFPS at 11 DPO, so, again, pretty sure about that O date.

The US put me at 5w0d, so, a whole 7-10 days off where it should be. The ob/gyn seemed totally fine about it, even when I tried to explain to her my testing dates. She didn't really listen. So, by her dates, we conceived around 3 weeks ago, which is not possible because (1) I don't think we had sex around then and (2) how could I get a positive pregnancy test 2 1/2 weeks ago (Oct 4th)?

I got blood drawn today and then I'll go in again on Wednesday for the 2nd blood draw, and I should know on Friday.

Here's to hoping all my knowledge of all my dates is totally wrong.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee