Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

2. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@DesertDreams88: did they see anything in the u/a? Fetal pole or yolk sack or anything? I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

3. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@DesertDreams88: I am so sorry that the dates aren't matching up. I don't blame you for being worried, and I'm annoyed your OB isn't listening to you. I hate how they discount charting and opks, and in this case your positive tests too. That being said, I think it's possible the US measuresments could be a little off, as just a mm means several days. I will cross my fingers and toes for you.

ETA: do you have a link to your chart? Was 11dpo the first day you tested?

4. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@DesertDreams88: Prayers that your date is off. My OB didn't really listen to me when I had a m/c (and I LOVE her). Well, I guess she believed me, but she didn't want me to totally give up hope. I know not everyone has clear ideas of their dates, but I think they need to spend a bit more time listening. Thinking of you.

5. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@Hilsy85: No fetal pole. She mentioned something about a yolk sac, but it didn't look like any yolk sac I've ever seen ... to me they look like a bubble, and on my US, it was just a tiny black spot.

@78H2O: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3edb3c

Thanks for the crossed fingers, ladies.

Also, I know I'm not supposed to trust the digital Clearblue weeks estimators, but... it said 1-2 weeks at 11 DPO, and 2-3 weeks 6 days later, but I've been stuck at 2-3 weeks now for about 10 days. I haven't ever seen a 3+, even though I should be 4 weeks in by now... 3 weeks in, by the Ob/gyn's dates.

6. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@Jess1483: what made you think you had a MC and your OB not think so?

7. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@DesertDreams88: yep, I'd agree you ovulated on the 22nd...maaaybe the 23rd if the slightly higher temp on the 23rd was a fluke.

CBE 3+ is supposed to equate to 5 weeks+ pregnant...so it matches your scan but not your chart. That being said, I think the threshold is about 2200 Hcg in your urine, which I think equates to about 3000 in your blood...which is kind of a high threshold. I would lose the CB tests at this point and wait on your betas. Maybe if you call tomorrow, they will tell you what it was today?

I had a mc at 7.5 weeks. i had an ultrasound early in the day and then miscarried that night. I already suspected something was wrong because I was spotting and while my betas were going up, they were taking too long to double. They didn't show me the ultrasound screen, but mumbled something about being too small for my dates. They basically said it didn't look great, but it was early and I shouldn't give up hope. I hope you have a better outcome.

8. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@DesertDreams88: I don't want to make you unnecessarily anxious, but I went in for my 8-week ultrasound (should have been 7w6d) and was measuring at 6w3d, I think). I was also spotting (brown, but had been for a week). I told my OB I knew when I ovulated based on OPKs, and she said "well, those aren't totally accurate" (which of course, I know), and then I said "and we didn't even have sex then," and it was at that point where she said "well, that's important." If I'd been with it enough, I could have told her when I got the , which totally ruled out that the ultrasound dates were correct (I hadn't ovulated based on those dates before I got a ). The heartbeat also wasn't very strong. I started miscarrying the next day.

But again, I hope that's not even relevant here.

9. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Anyone have lower back pains? Even if I've been sitting for awhile, it's still really sore. I don't know if it's coincidence or what?

10. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@DesertDreams88: Thinking of you and hope you hear good news soon!

@LindsayInNY: I've had lower back pain from almost day one. It's worse if I sit for a while.

11. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@DesertDreams88: So, the ultrasounds have up to a week margin of error. And, just like babies have growth sprouts on the outside, they can have growth sprouts inside where they grow a super lot in one week, or hardly any growth during the week and it evens out if that makes sense. You're still within that margin of error. I totally think you're accurate with your dates too. Babe may just be all snuggled up and hadn't hit that growth spurt yet! Especially if your doctor wasn't concerend (of course they're not always right), but the fact you're still within that margin of error is promising!

12. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: my RE told me since I have an inverted or tilted uterus back pain will be severe for me.
    Yep, low back is on fire daily lol! She told me bengay is fine just don't put it on your belly! But, she did tell me no heating pads!

13. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: Oh man. I might try Bengay then? It seems to start just as the end of the day. It gets achy.

14. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

Has anyone had fluctuations in the intensity of their symptoms? I sort of feel like mine are either really bad one day and then nothing the next.

15. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: YES!! I was just coming here to post this. Today I feel like I have zero morning sickness at all, and I'm kind of panicking!

16. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: Glad I am not alone! I have not had any full blown m/s yet, it's just general off and on queasiness, but my other symptoms seem to come and go. I would like to think that we should not feel miserable 100% of the time.

17. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: I know I'm kind of in the same boat of thinking. I googled (naughty me!!) and it said that it's common in the 1st trimester to have symptoms come and go, and that some days you have good days, and sometimes you have bad days!

18. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@DesertDreams88: I know that the differences in dates sound worrisome but if your OB didn't seem concerned, then I would try not to be as well (I know - easier said than done!).

At this point, our babies are so tiny that a little error in measurement can mean a big difference in the dating. And as dc yoga bee said, babies are all going to grow at different rates and have growth spurts at different times. Thinking of you and fingers crossed that you get some reassuring news soon!

19. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Eko: @MrsBrewer: Mine come and go based on how full my stomach is. I ate a bunch of mashed potatoes last night before bed and drank coconut water. After a night of peeing, I finally felt gross after getting ready in the morning. My morning sickness is bad in the morning and late at night.

20. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@cascademom: The little m/s i have so far has depended on how much I eat. If I don't eat enough or eat too much I really don't feel good. Plus, I have been getting motion sickness. Funny how different everyone feels.

21. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Eko: For me, it's definitely based on stomach for me. I'm avoiding cow's milk right now since I seem to be lactose intolerant this time around.

22. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Just went to the bathroom, and I'm spotting. That along with no morning sickness today is making me really worried. I'm going to call my midwife on lunch.

23. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: That stinks seeing that. I am sure it will be fine! Lots of ladies have had spotting in their pregnancies and have had healthy babies. FX for you!!!

24. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: I know that spotting is super common, and I'm really hoping that this is just a fluke...

25. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: I am sure it is!!!

26. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@MrsBrewer: hope everything is ok!

27. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsBrewer: I had spotting for one afternoon last week but then it went away. Hoping yours is the same and is nothing to stress about!

28. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: Hugs. Call and see what they say about it. Hopefully it's nothing.

29. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MrsBrewer: Spotting is SO stressful. Definitely call your doc and see what she/he says. Maybe they can do an ultrasound or betas to reassure you? Keep us posted. Thinking good thoughts for you.

@Eko: Yeah, I am the same way... too much or too little food and I feel worse. Though today, I feel especially crappy for no reason...I took the unisom/b6 last night, slept well, and still I've thrown up 3x already. Blech. I sort of remember weeks 8-10 really sucking in the m/s department last time, so hopefully it will be short lived and then start to get a little better.

30. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Thank you for the well wishes!! I'm just waiting for a nurse to call me back now.

31. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsBrewer: Please keep us posted! Sending positive thoughts your way and hoping that it's nothing.

32. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: They still haven't called me back yet, I'm seriously going nuts....

33. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsBrewer: What time did you call? I'd call again because I'm a pain. And you're allowed to be too!!

34. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: I called at 12, and its now 2:40PM

35. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: I would call again. I usually do.

36. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Alright I just called back, and they are going to have me come in tomorrow for an ultrasound again, and to talk to the midwife. She said not to be too concerned right now since it isn't bright red blood, and that it might just be irritation from my vaginal ultrasound from last week.

37. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@MrsBrewer: Thinking of you! Spotting is so, so stressful. I'm glad they're taking it seriously.

38. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MrsBrewer: Good for you for calling back. I hate making calls like that, but it's true what they say about the squeaky wheel getting the grease. I'm glad you get to go in tomorrow. I hope the ultrasound gives you some peace of mind. Hugs!

39. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@78h2o: I know! I hate being a pest, but I'm really glad I did call back because the receptionist said that she forgot to hit the "submit" button on the request to the nurses!!! But then I was just transferred to a nurse right away at least during my call back.

I'm just really nervous for the ultrasound now, but I'm really happy that I will be able to see what's going on for sure tomorrow. My appt is at 11:15.

I haven't told my boss yet that I'm pregnant, but I feel bad with all of these Dr appts. I think I might come out and tell her today, and just give her a heads up. We have a really good relationship (in and out of the office, pretty informal because we actually hang out outside of work with our spouses!)

40. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@MrsBrewer: I told my boss/partner about my first pregnancy the day I got a BFP, because there was a potentially dangerous situation I was trying to avoid. And both with my m/c and this pregnancy, I told my boss right away, but my boss is now my Mom, so...

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee