Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Is everyone getting pumps before LO arrives or after? I printed all sorts of info on my options and looked into insurnace coverages agggges ago. And haven't done a thing since. I'm afraid if I wait I won't have the same amount of time to deal with it.

Also, I think my workout days have come to an end Well, aside from the yoga DVDs I just got from a coworker. No more spin or barre.

2. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

I ordered my pump maybe two or three weeks ago and it came last week. My insurance only offers the Ameda. I didn't really like it last time, because I had supply issues, but I'll give it a try again. If I have supply issues again this time, i'm thinking I might rent a pump.

3. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@LindsayInNY: Considering I ordered mine yesterday, I'm getting it ahead of time! I figure there's always a delay with processing and whatnot when you're dealing with insurance, so if I waited until after LO was here, I might not be able to get the pump as quickly as I need it. I didn't want dealing with insurance to be what led to potential supply issues.

4. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: Yep! I've had my pump for a few weeks now actually. My work reimburses me, so I wanted to make sure I got my money back for it before I started my leave.

5. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Corduroy: I hope you feel better and that your cough definitely doesn't last the remainder of your pregnancy!

@LindsayInNY: I got mine ahead of time. I was able just to get one from a medical supply company, but had to get a prescription from my doctor first. Otherwise, I could've just waited until the baby was born and got one during my hospital stay. Mine didn't require ordering or shipping. I ended up with the Medela PIS. There was an upcharge for it as the insurance only covered the basic manual model.

6. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: I stopped going to spin about 2-3 weeks ago. It was about the time that some pregnancy symptoms associated with a large belly cropped up. I can barely walk to work without discomfort. I mostly walk now, but I don't really consider it a workout as opposed to stretching my muscles.

7. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Eko: That's the last time I went too. I had been doing okay. Had trouble keeping up at certain times but otherwise was enjoying it. Then had my first bout of feet swelling followed by worsening carpal tunnel. So that seemed to be my cue to throw in the towel for now.

8. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

Anyone else starting to hate life a bit? Between LO getting up under my ribs and BH, I'm in total misery. It helps a lot to lay on my side, but can't do that for the 8 hours I'm at work. pity party over here.

9. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: I ordered mine in January because I didn't know how long it would take. They only offered the Ameda anyways through my insurance. Also, the hospital said to bring it in case you need to pump, and having my free one will be cheaper than having to rent one from the hospital!

10. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: I think I'm right at the brink! I'm really ready to be done. I'm just getting really big and uncomfortable right now!I can never find a good position doing anything, sitting, laying, standing....

11. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: I am definitely feeling over it. I'm almost 37, and I keep thinking, "I'm too old for this!" I think I could have handled pregnancy a little better in my 20s!

For the most part, I don't feel too bad, but my sleep has become pretty rough lately. I've been having a lot of trouble with heartburn, so that hasn't been helping. Then some nights I wake up at 2 or 3 and have trouble falling back to sleep. I had BH that woke me up several time last night and made me wonder if it was the real deal. I only had that happen with Julia for 2-3 nights preceding her birth, so we'll see if it leads to anything! It's still early though for me, so I'm not expecting anything.

I really wish I wasn't working next week, but I already have clients scheduled, so the only thing getting me out of work would be a baby! Thankfully though, I am only working tomorrow and then M, W, Th next week. I cannot wait to be done!

12. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@LindsayInNY: I have my Medela Pump in Style from my previous pregnancy. It's actually my SIL's, so this will be the 5th kid that will have used it. After this one, I'm sending it to Medela to recycle it.

@Eko: I'm over it. It's my last week of work until the baby arrives. Almost everything is in order. I have BV and some discomfort still. I can't wait to relax even though I'm planning some appointments in the next two weeks. I plan on binge watching tv and icing down my crotch a bit during those days. Last night, baby #2 was head butting my cervix while I slept. So much ow!

13. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@78h2o: Don't feel bad, I'm in my 20s, and this pregnancy has kicked my but!!

@Eko: I am so ready to be done. I'll be 37 weeks Friday, and don't know how I can be pregnant another 3-4 weeks! I want to stop working Memorial Day, but that will cut into my maternity leave!

14. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

Well it is at least comforting that I am in good company!

@78h2o: I think you are doing terrific! I am in my 20s and don't think I am gaining any advantage. I'm whining and I don't even have a LO I am chasing after! Good to hear though you only have a few short working days left!

@dc yoga bee: "don't know how I can be pregnant another 3-4 weeks!" THIS EXACTLY.

15. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@dc yoga bee: @Eko: thanks ladies.

I have been slacking on the belly pics.
    Here's 37w2d:

And a bare one!

16. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@dc yoga bee: @Eko: The last month is always brutal. I don't know how I did it last time working up until he arrived. This time around, I want to relax and sleep. At least my LO likes talking to my belly in the morning as I'm over lugging it around everywhere.

17. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@78h2o: Beautiful bump! I'm so jealous of all the healthy looking skin! My bump is no bueno with eczema and stretch marks that look like welts!

18. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@cascademom: If I get over never getting pregnant again idea, I want to space them a bit more so I have more leave built up, and will totally stop working earlier before due date!

19. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: That's an awesome bump!!! You do have really nice skin! I'll get in on the bare pump pics when I get home later today.

Anyone that works up until their due date are complete saints. I bow down to you all.

20. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@dc yoga bee: We spaced them out to be close to 3 years apart. From 1-2 was tough, so thinking about a pregnancy in there wasn't happening. It's been hard being pregnant with an almost 3 year old. He's so active, but so vocal and engaged.

Having the leave saved up helped too. Since my company just changed policies, it really sweetens the whole timing of this pregnancy.

21. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@LindsayInNY: I had planned on just buying the pump I wanted and not even trying the insurance route but in our birthing class that the hospital offered they announced a new service where you set up an appointment with a L&D nurse and write out your birth plan, meet with a LC, and if you want they will file the pump on your insurance for you and then it will be delivered to your room when you deliver! I have that appointment in 2 weeks so hopefully it will all work out! Maybe there is something similar where you are?

I had great plans to work until my water broke but I am slowing down big time! Just being physically tired coupled with the fact that there has been a lot of drama with my boss regarding my leave it's getting hard to stay motivated to stay or come back at all after my leave...

22. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@LindsayInNY: I ordered mine at 28 weeks because we were about to switch insurance and the one we were leaving had better coverage. I didn't order mine with my first pregnancy until he was born, and it turned into a huge ordeal, and it didn't arrive until he was over 3 months old. No big deal since I was SAH (and he never did take a bottle), but it would have been if I were going back to work. This time of course went super easily and it arrived quickly. I actually only ever used a manual pump with baby #1, and probably will do the same with Baby #2 (I had a serious oversupply, and could pump 6-8 ounces in about 10 minutes with a single manual pump), but I wanted to have it just in case. So I actually have both the Ameda and the Medela. I'll give them away if I don't use them (or even if I do I suppose) once I'm done with kids.

23. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

I am starting to feel more uncomfortable, but I'm not really giving myself the option to let it slow me down too much. My job is physically demanding, chasing a 4 and 2 year old, so I can't let it get in my head too much. Since all my leave is unpaid, I don't have an option to stop working before LO's arrival.

24. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@78h2o you look great! Such a cute belly

I'm so exhausted. 38 weeks today and I'm so ready to meet this baby girl but now I'm beginning to get soo nervous about actual labor. Also a little stressed that we haven't picked out a name yet! Hopefully we have that moment where we see her and we just "know" what her name should be.

25. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: @dc yoga bee: @hocuspocus: Thanks, ladies! I am fortunate to have avoided stretch marks on my belly so far. I do have a few light ones on my boobs, but oh well!

@hocus-pocus: We don't have a name either and it is really bugging me. Our first baby didn't have a name for two days and it was so stressful! I reallllly want to try to figure it out before this little one is born, but nothing is clicking! Do you have it narrowed down?

26. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

I was trying to remember everyone's due dates... is this our most up-to-date list?

JUNE MAMAS

(edited)
    May 26 (maybe): @78h2o (#2)
    May 27: @hocuspocus (#1)
    June 1: @78h2o (#2 ), @cascademom (#2 )
    June 2: @meltini (#2 )
    June 4: @badwolf (#1 )
    June 5: @dc yoga bee (#1 ), @BabyMats (#2/3 ), @MrsBrewer (#1 )
    June 7: @mamatoboth: (#2)
    June 10: @MamaB (#1 )
    June 11: @merriment (#2 ), @Ifyoulikepinacoladas (#2 )
    June 13: @TarHeelBee: (#1), @MUI831: (#2)
    June 14: @Eko (#1 ), @Ash (#2 )
    June 15: @Corduroy (#2 ), @extrasprinkles (#1 ), @Mrs.KMM (#1 )
    June 16: @glitterboots (#2 )
    June 19: @Jess1483 (#2 )
    June 23: @rpparker (#1 ), @just_ju: (#1)
    June 24: @MrsKMM (#1 )
    June 26: @LindsayInNY (#1 )

@hocuspocus - they changed your due date, correct? What is your new due date?

They changed mine in my chart to 5/26/15 based on my two ultrasounds, but I think in reality it is closer to 6/1/15. Julia was born pretty much on the date predicted by ultrasound though.

27. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@78h2o we have a list of names....both DH and I are so indecisive. We have an idea but not 100% sure. My dude date was changed from 6/3 to 5/27.

28. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

Baby girl got the hiccups for the first time today (35w2d)! Such a strange sensation! It was making me giggle!

29. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

This is my 35w3d bump covered and bare.

30. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@78h2o: I have been silently following along when I have the chance to sit down. Babies are days away from going home and my little boy is already 6lbs! And little girl is 5oz away from 6lbs! Both are doing fantastic. Just working on feeding. Got to tandom breastfeed on mother's day which was awesome!! Just wanted to wish everyone luck on their deliveries. I hope all of ur deliveries are short, painless and result in healthy baby and healthy mamas! I will include some pics of babies. My daughter is Lilliana "lilly" and my son is Lucas.

31. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@BabyMats: So cute! Glad to hear they're doing well and I love their names!

32. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@Mrs.KMM: thank you. I got busy before i could finish uploading.
    first picture is Lilly. The next one is Lucas

33. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@BabyMats: oh my gosh, they are so precious! What adorable babies! I love their names too! That's wonderdul that they should be able to go home soon!!!

@Eko: you look great!ove the bare belly shot!

34. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

@BabyMats: I'm so glad you were able to update us. The babies are adorable!! I hope they get to go home soon!

35. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@BabyMats: Beautiful babies!!!! I love their names. I can't wait for them to go home!

@Eko: Looking good!!

Just got my GBS test results- negative!

36. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@BabyMats: super adorable! I'm really happy to hear that both babies are healthy and get to go home soon. I love your names! I loved Lilliana but we already have a lily in the family.

@dc yoga bee: glad your results came back negative!

37. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@BabyMats: Yay!!! I'm so excited you the babies get to go home soon! Such beautiful babies!!

@Eko: You look amazing!!!!!

38. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

So I need some input. I am trying to pick up some last minute items and was planning on picking up some sleep sacks. BUT, the baby for the first few weeks is going to sleep in a rock 'n play, which has straps to secure the baby. How on earth am I suppose to swaddle/use a sleep sack and secure the baby in a rock 'n play? Am I missing something?

39. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: I don't know much about Rock-n-plays... we didn't use one for DD#1. I did get one for this baby, so we'll see how it goes. Are they even supposed to sleep in it overnight, or is that just something people do? I am paranoid about SIDS, so I am not planning on using the RNP overnight. I will swaddle baby and have her in an Arms Reach Cosleeper next to the bed (with DD#1, we used a PNP next to the bed but I always wished we had a cosleeper). Anyway, my guess is that you wouldn't need the straps if baby is swaddled, since they really can't move much. I don't know about a sleep sack though... we didn't use them until after 6m or so, when we could no longer swaddle because she was starting to roll over.

40. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: My understanding is that the rock 'n play sleeper is meant for overnight sleeping. I do intend on swaddling, but figured a couple sleep sacks couldn't hurt in case the baby hates the swaddle. I thought about just not buckling him in if he's swaddled, but that kind of doesn't sound safe?? I don't know, could be fine. I know a lot of moms use them.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee