Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Eko: I never secured LO into the straps when he was swaddled or slept in it overnight. Here's a pic of my LO in 2012 soon after he was born swaddled up in his old RNP. My mom bought us a new one since our neighbors destroyed our other one by flooding LO's closet.

2. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@cascademom: Thank you!!!! For some reason this was causing me some anxiety today. haha. Also, did you find a good solution for the crotch lightning? mine seems to have gotten worse over the past few days.

3. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@cascademom: also cute freaking baby!!

4. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Eko: Crotch lightening continues. I still have BV, but we're not treating it until after Monday. The maternity belt helps a bit. I'm also on a topical gel that helps a bit. Yesterday was really tough for some reason with it.

Thanks. Mr. E's almost 3 years old and going on a field trip today. I get weepy looking at him as a baby. Right now, he "tickles" the baby in the morning getting ready.

5. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@cascademom: Yeah the maternity belt helped for a couple days, but now walking can sometimes be a nightmare. Oh well, I may just need to tough it out until the baby arrives. Mr. E sounds sooo cute! Soon you will get the best of both worlds when the new LO arrives!

6. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Eko: Yeah, there are some days where walking just sucks. I have an eyebrow wax scheduled today. I'm dreading walking to Macy's, but hoping that I'll survive it.

7. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

I just have to say that I am so thankful for my mom and mother in law. They both called and texted me yesterday out of the blue and asked what they can help with around the house or anything in these few weeks before the baby. My mom came over last night and help me re-organize our hall closet that I have been neglecting to do for months! and my MIL is coming over tonight to cook us dinner! I just have no steam at the end of the day to cook, we have been so horrible lately with going out!

8. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: that's really awesome your parents did that for you! Definitely sounds like it was a huge help!

I noticed that I lost some of my mucus plug this morning! While it doesn't mean too much it's still progress.

9. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsBrewer: That is sweet!!

Well, I'm 37 weeks today, and my practice still consider that full term!! I'm very happy to have made it this far!

10. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

Today is my last day of work before leave. I'm really excited to be done. I'm still incredibly sick with a nasty cold. I worked from home yesterday and coughed so hard I puked in my hands right over my laptop. DH was home (sick and working as well) so I stomped on the ground for a minute or so until he same to see what was going on. I couldn't imagine returning a vomit soaked laptop today. Plus I couldn't get up from my position on the couch without free hands. So gross. I'm hoping to not have a repeat of that in the office today. I think nosebleeds and a hacking cough are enough to get my coworkers to happily say goodbye.

Monday I have to actually start preparing for DS. We have a glider, a disassembled crib, a few onesies, a couple rattles, and a guest room to clear out. Poor 2nd baby.

11. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Corduroy: Oh my goodness you poor thing. I hope you feel better. Is there anything you can take?!?

12. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@dc yoga bee: The OB I had a phone consult with said regular Robitussin at night, Mucinex expectorant during the day, and Tylenol as needed (for ear and sinus pain). I don't really understand why I'm switching night and day though. The Robitssin the pharmacist said is 'the regular one' is non-drowsy anyway.

DH has the same thing and is just as sick. I'm vicariously drugging him. "Here, have some Dayquil/Nyquil."

13. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Corduroy: Hugs. I had a few colds like that during this pregnancy. Mucinex and Robitussin did wonders. Today's my last day too. I just need to move my rolling cart by our other locked cabinet, set my away message, and pack up stuff. I'm thinking of taking a cab home. I came in super late too because LO had a runny nose and cough. I knew that my boss wouldn't be here, so I took plenty of time getting in today.

14. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

I'm so jealous of you ladies that are done working now till the baby comes!!!!

Add me to the list of lightning crotch! I had no idea what you guys were talking about until first thing this morning when I got out of bed! it seriously felt as though the baby's head was stabbing daggers in my crotch! horrible!!

15. glitterboots

cherry / 103 posts

I can't walk anymore without extreme pressure! There's incredible pressure both front and back. My hips and lower back are achy too. I felt great the whole 9 months my first pregnancy so this is all new

16. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

so just got back from my 38 wk 2 d appointment today, baby girl doing well. On exam the Dr. said I'm 75% thinned out and 1.5 cm dilated. She said it could mean nothing or could mean she's on her way. I noticed right after the exam that I lost a little of my mucus plug... I think it may be the EPO I've been taking since last week? I caved, I wasn't going to do it but decided eh what the heck it can't hurt went from not dilated to 75% effaced and 1.5 cm in a week soo maybe it is working? I know this all could mean nothing but its still so exciting! Come on baby

17. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@glitterboots: A maternity belt really helps. I've been wearing mine for a week plus. Baby boy is so low that it gives some lift to walk like a normal person in short spurts.

18. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@hocuspocus: That's excited!! They told me to start taking that and red raspberry leaf tea last week at 36, but I decided to wait until this week to get to 37! My tea was just delivered. That is really exciting to see some progress! My buddy just had her first baby at 38+5!

19. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@dc yoga bee: yeah I've been doing the dates, the tea and epo. I've only been taking the EPO orally I read that you can do it topically but I'm too scared lol. I feel like I still have so much to do before the baby gets here...

20. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@hocuspocus: where did you buy the EPO?

I really need another day or two at work to wrap things up, but by the end of next week, I'm going to be trying all the self-induction strategies, lol!

21. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@78h2o I got mine at a local health food store but I think you can get it just about anywhere it'll probaby be in the supplements/vitamins section. Or you can order online.

22. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@hocuspocus: That's so exciting! We're all getting so close!

23. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

Ok, so I need some opinions. I have been having some really strong BH today. I've had them for a while, but today they are definitely stronger and more frequent, but not enough for me to think that I'm really in labor or anything. They definitely take my breath away and I can't walk while I'm having one. But, what is sort of weirding me out is the timing that I happened to lose part of my mucus plug this morning and things feel generally more intense today. My dr. office is closed and I don't really want to page a random doctor for them to make me go to the hospital for nothing. Thoughts?

24. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Eko: You mention "not enough for me to think that I'm really in labor or anything." Given that, I wouldn't do much... Drink some water, relax, lay on your left side - see if they ease up. From what I hear, you'll know when you're in labor And, personally, I'm not a doctor caller so I usually wait things out if I can. But if you would feel more comfortable calling then by all means do so!

25. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Eko: this exact thing just happened to my friend. She's 38+5, and was having strong Bh. She's a bridal consultant, so on her feet alllll day. She said it took the wind out of her, but she didn't think they were true contractions. She drinks some water, and they're still there. She finished her shift, went home, showered, and laid down. Still intense cramping. She started timing them, and they were 3-5min apart. She goes to the hospital, and sure enough she was a 7! They said she had been in labor the whole time in work, just in denial! She did not know they were true contractions in her case! Start timing them if they really feel intense, and have your hospital bag ready just in case! Oh, and baby was born 3 hours from time she got to hospital!

26. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: @dc yoga bee: Thanks!!! I definitely think that maybe seeing how I feel after I make it home and lay down is the way to go. If they're still really intense then calling the doctor.

27. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

We might need to make a June 2015 Mamas Labor and Announcements thread soon! Sounds like we may be getting close to some June mamas having their LOs!

28. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: Any updates?!

Anyone else get more BH laying down? Or I guess at night? I remember I had contractions of some sort (BH? prodromal labor) for several nights before I really went into labor with Julia. Its really annoying me, as it has kept me from sleeping well the last few nights.

29. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: after laying down for a couple hours my BH slowed way down. I think I'm now noticing a trend that my BH get more intense the more active I am. the complete opposite of you! Funny how each woman's pregnancy can be so different.

30. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: I was doing some Googling last night while I was unable to sleep due to contractions and read that hormone levels spike at night. However, I don't really know if that's true. I think I have been drinking enough water, but I'm going to really try to hydrate today and see if that helps.

31. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@78h2o: I believe it. I always feel worse at night.

I'm sitting at the midwives waiting on my apt, and the ambulance just came and took a woman out. She looks about 38-40 weeks, and is super delirious. I hope she and baby are okay!

32. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: that's interesting and definitely sounds possible! I haven't been having anything at night disrupt my sleep except needing to go to the bathroom, but that doesn't seem normal. Like you said maybe it's an early sign of labor like what you had with Julia? The extra hydration sounds like a good plan though.

@dc yoga bee: Yikes! What a crazy thing to see waiting for your appointment. Hope they are ok!

33. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@dc yoga bee: That's scary! Said a quick prayer for that mama and baby! Maybe pre-e?

34. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@78h2o: I don't know about pregnancy hormones spiking at night but I know it's true for some hormones. A family member has cortisol issues and has to go to a special lab to get her levels monitored at midnight. Sounds like it could apply to pregnancy hormones too.

35. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

The lady had fainted, and they were taking her for observation. So, get this- I have a hernia in my abdomen! They're not concerned, but it will have to be surgically repaired post baby within 6 months. No squats, lifting over 20lbs, be careful sneezing, coughing, etc... It's from the muscles stretching. I wonder if it's because I have a small frame? It's one thing after another. She is so naughty she gave me a hernia lol! I will never live this down . Also, her heart rate was 180!! They wouldn't let me leave until it came down. They said she was sprinting, and will be quite the athlete lol.

36. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

DH and I went to a birthday party last night. Drunk people are so crazy around a pregnant person. This one lady kept coming up as rubbing my belly and telling me that they told me wrong, it was going to be a boy. Ha! I just kept laughing at how ridiculous people are.

37. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

Baby keeps pinching a nerve in my pelvis hard enough that my weight on that side totally gives out and it's so, so painful. Last night I think my husband was ready to call an ambulance. Luckily, it's only happened at home so far. This kid...

38. glitterboots

cherry / 103 posts

I've started to have a little bit of tooth pain and I'm not sure if I should try and get in to see a dentist now, or wait until after baby gets here? I don't know that I like the idea of getting an x-Ray or doing dental work right now. I'm 36 weeks tomorrow

39. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@glitterboots: it could just be sensitivity from the pregnancy. I would personally wait, but that's also because I haven't established a dentist yet and wouldn't want to get x-rays. On the flip side, having a newborn and trying to see if a dentist, if you needed to, doesn't sound pleasant either.

40. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@glitterboots: They won't do x-rays now anyways. I just went in for a cleaning and found a cavity. My last x-rays were fall of 2013 and I was due for them this past fall but couldn't get them because I was pregnant. Same with the cleaning I just had. I have an appointment for the filling post-baby. I did have a crown replaced while pregnant though.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee