Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Is anyone else just extremely uncomfortable. I'm 37+3 now today, and I just have constant pressure in my crotch. I think the baby has definitely moved down now. It hurts pretty much every time I need to have BM like, sharp shooting pains. Or when I get up from sitting down, I walk like i'm 80 years old! I feel bad saying this, but I really hope I don't make it to 40 weeks!

2. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: Umm yes and yes. These last few weeks are sucking and I'm hoping I don't make it to 40 either. I think though still working is not helping.

3. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: Are you on your feet a lot for work? I luckily have a desk job in an office, so being at work isn't too terrible for me. But it's so hard to concentrate because I just keep thinking of everything that still needs to get done at home, but then once I'm home I just want to lay down and not do anything! LOL

4. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: No, I have a desk job. But I think not moving around sometimes makes it worse because I get so stiff. I am 100% the same as you. A lot of my work has been transitioned since next week is my last week so I'm not doing much and just think about all I need to do at home, which results in me getting annoyed as I am spending 8 hours of my day at work doing nothing. haha. Then I go home and order DH around so I can sleep, lol.

5. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: Yes!!! I feel so bad for DH, because he's so stressed at work lately, and I feel bad making him do so much at home then after work. But ugh nothing I can do about it I guess. We have been very fortunate that my mom and my MIL have been coming over often and helping us out around the house too (cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc) so I really can't complain at all!

6. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: dido. That is really nice your mom and MIL help out quite a bit. I'm pretty thankful I have a small apartment. So much less to clean! We are planning on finishing the baby's room over the long weekend and hopefully I can get some cleaning done when I stop working. The crockpot has been saving my life these days.

7. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: So funny that you say that, I'm going to go home on lunch today and put a roast quick in the crockpot for dinner!!!!

8. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

38w (or 39 based on ultrasound)! Last week in the office!

^^ p.s. I highly recommend the pjs I'm wearing in that pick! I bought them for myself as a little "pick me up". They are super comfy and should be great for nursing. http://www.target.com/p/women-s-fluid-knit-top-and-short-pajama-set-gilligan-o-malley/-/A-15026135?lnk=Rec|pdp|15026135|viewed_bought|pdph1|1

p.s.s. I think maybe I was having a BH in that pic!

9. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: That's too funny! At some point I am planning on doing some crockpot freezer meals for when the baby gets here. Nothing too crazy, but enough for about 3 weeks.

@78h2o: Sooo cute! Julia looks really excited.

10. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: Mind me asking what size you ordered? Those do look super comfy and I am trying to find something for wearing in the hospital/on the way home. I doubt I'll want to wear a hospital gown the entire time.

11. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: I actually got them in the store, but I didn't try them on. I got a large, which might be big post-pregnancy, but I wanted to wear them now and in the hospital/early days. Pre-2nd pregnancy I wore a sz 10, sometimes a 12, and I'm about 5'8.5 :).

12. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

I'm on my first day of my staycation. I just ate leftover chocolate cake for breakfast because my sick toddler reduced me to tears this morning during morning routine.

13. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: That's really helpful. Thanks!!!

14. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@cascademom: My toddler was so challenging this morning too! I finally had to bribe her with painting her nails for her to get out of bed and allow me to dress her! As soon as I mentioned her nails though, she was a peach! I hope you get in a lot of good rest today!!!! I only have to work today, Wednesday, and Thursday, but I'm even debating cancelling out of Wed. Today is a long day, since I'm working 9am - 7pm and Wed is going to kill me... 9am-8pm, with back-to-back therapy clients all day... and a 30-60 min commute each way. I'll see how my doctor's appointment goes tomorrow...

I've continued to have contractions at night. I had one last night that woke me out of a dead, Unisom-induced sleep! After a couple more, I even downloaded a contraction timing app, but ended up falling back to sleep. Nothing was going on this morning when I woke up.

15. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: Glad to know that it's something about toddlers this morning. My husband came in, got me off the floor, and got him ready. LO insisted on wearing grey shorts with a grey Elmo shirt today. He reminded me that we've had a really good streak with him lately, so it was a minor setback. He acknowledged my pregnancy, etc. on top of it. Hard morning, but have groceries being delivered and an appointment late in the day. Hoping for BV meds to quell this discomfort.

16. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@78h2o: You look amazing!!!!

17. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@Eko: On the pajama front, I have two pairs of these I bought after LO1 that I'm so excited to wear at the hospital/post-partum. I mean, I kind of lived in them for two months after the last baby. They were even ok for (close) visitors. They're expensive, but totally worth it.
    http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=978740152&MasterCategory_Id=MC16

18. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Jess1483: I have been eyeing those! I'm a little indecisive about spending the money and am hoping maybe they'll do some memorial sales this weekend.

19. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

Ok, baby seriously feels like she's tap dancing on my bladder right now. I thought she was head down? I guess she's punching it?! Ouch! About 10 min ago she had huge hiccups!

20. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@78h2o: So cute!!

21. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@Jess1483: @Eko: So funny! I literally just bought those! I've been eyeing them for a while and was trying to hold out for a Memorial Day sale but got impatient. They do have free shipping right now on orders over $75.

I just had a meeting with my boss regarding my maternity leave and felt really berated about WHEN my leave was going to start. I just keep telling her that I plan to work up until my due date as long as it's possible and if I knew an exact date I would tell her but that it's somewhat out of my control (i.e. the baby could come today, 5 days late, next week?). I have a growth ultrasound next Tuesday and told her that I would update her after that but until then I didn't have any new information.

22. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: My lil' guy is way more active with his punches than his kicking. He's been head down for a while so usually all movement he makes involves tearing apart my bladder. lol.

@rpparker: That's really funny! I may have to buy these now. Sorry to hear about the pestering from your boss. Doesn't she know the baby operates on its own schedule?

23. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@Eko: She's a mom too so she should know this! Her daughter in law had a scheduled c-section and I guess they scheduled it way in advance because she acts like it's just crazy that I don't know anymore than I do! I might just have to set a date on the calendar near my current due date and just say that it is my last day so she will stop with the questions. I will have to burn some vacation days that I was saving for after the baby but oh well!

24. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@mrsbrewer: yes! Every time I walk I feel like the baby is going to fall out! I feel like she's super low. Getting up and even moving and switching sides in bed is so painful.

@78h2o: I had some pretty intense contractions last night too. Woke me up out of my sleep. My belly was rock hard and major cramping in my back and menstrual type cramps. I finally was able to relax and this morning they're definitely better. Ps I totally have those pjs

25. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@78h2o: your daughter looks so cute in that photo!

26. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

Update: sick toddler is home napping. He gets to be home tomorrow too hopefully fever free. He spiked a big one at preschool and got called home. DH is coming home in an hour, so I can go to my appointment. I finally ate something and feel less weepy, still unshowered and in pain down there.

27. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Ugh I've been off the grid today. One of my yorkies has been reguritating blood all over the white furniture. Took her to the vet at lunch, and it's an ulcer in her esophagus. Poor thing, but glad to get her started on some meds.

@78h2o: Too cute!!!

@MrsBrewer: I'm feeling the same. And now that I have a hernia I'm even more over being pregnant to be honest. It's one thing after another. I'm so uncomfortable, aches and pains abound. If I make it to this Thursday she will be a Gemini like mommy at least lol. It's the small things at this point.

28. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

I spent a good portion of the night in triage for high blood pressure and protein in urine. After two hours of boredom and watching tv, labs checked out okay. I have to go back on Friday for a recheck. Prior to that, I was all tears at the doctor's office about the whole thing with a sick kid at home.

I'm getting pill flagyl for the bv. For the irritation, I'm using hydrocortisone and diaper rash cream. Once I used the hydrocortisone, I felt a million times better. It may be what works to walk like a human again.

DH took care of LO while I was in triage watching Frozen and eating chips. LO had a long nap, no coughing episodes last night, and is still asleep right now.

29. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@cascademom: I'm glad everything is ok!

I'm on my way to the hospital now for high blood pressure following my routine 36w appointment. Hopefully the labs turn out good!

30. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

Hi ladies! Sounds like a lot of you guys are feeling the same way I am. Thankfully this is baby #2 for me so I know what labor feels like but I have had some crazy strong contractions on and off for weeks. At 37 weeks I was already 2 cm and I'm going in to be checked again today (38 weeks today). I'm hoping I've had more progress.

I think I am going to start working from home everyday since my office is an hour away from my hospital (there are great hospitals close to my office but I want to deliver close to home where I delivered my first). I'm definitely at the point where I just want to sit on the couch in my sweatpants. Saturday I took my toddler for a walk and managed to hurt my foot. My hip has been bothering me and I think I was walking funny because of that.

My doctor also wants me to consider inducing at 39 weeks (next week, OMG) due to the issues we had getting DS out last time (pushed for 4 hours and ended up with a 3rd degree tear). Not sure what we are going to do yet. It's such a tough decision. I do know he isn't going to let me go past my due date for that same reason so I will be a mom of 2 under 2 on or before 6/2.

31. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: Keep us updated!!!! Thinking of you!

@cascademom: Hopefully everything looks good at your appt on Friday now!

Looks like we might have some June babies soon!!

32. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: oh wow, hope everything is okay!
    @cascademom: sounds like a rough night! I'm glad your labwork came back ok. I hope you can get some sleep today.

33. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Meltini: I have my 38w appt today also and I'm debating a 39w induction as well. My first was big and I had a loooong labor. LO was born with a low apgar (4) and I had a lot of tearing. Now I have at least one, maybe two pelvic organ prolapses (bowel and I think now also bladder). I'm in the waiting room at my OB practice now...I'm going to see what they say.

34. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: I'll be sleeping when LO is down for a nap. I passed out quick after Taco Bell with DH last night. I have a day with my dude.

35. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

@78h2o: Please update after your appt! I am very curious to find out what they have to say

36. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@78h2o: Wow. Good luck at your apt!!!

@Eko: Thinking of you!

37. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@cascademom: Glad everything ultimately checked out okay!

@Eko: Hope everything is alright. Keep us posted!

@Meltini: and @78h2o: Hope your appointments go well!

38. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Should we start a June labor and delivery board!?! We are 2 weeks from June

39. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: I was just thinking that!!!!!

40. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsBrewer: I'm so curious to see whether you or I will go first since we are due date twins!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee