Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: GBS is no big deal. It means that you're hooked up to an IV during labor for the antibiotics. I guess the only downside is that you can't walk around during labor. It really didn't bother me at all.

2. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: That's my main concern I guess, I really wanted to be able to be mobile during labor because I would love to do it without an epidural. My midwife made it seem though that the 1st dose takes an hour to administer, but then they can cap it off. I know that every 4 hours they have to give you another dose, but at least in between I should be able to walk around then!

3. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: Yes!! I was kind of freaking out when she said she could feel the head!!! LOL I was thinking to myself, uhhhh okay time to get out of there!! LOL I told DH that, and he's like no way in hell are we having sex anymore for the rest of the pregnancy hahahah

4. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsBrewer: LOL. Do you feel like the baby is going to fall out? That's how I was feeling a few weeks ago from all the pressure.

5. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: Yes! everytime I get up from sitting or laying down, i need to like grab the bottom of my belly and lift it for a little bit. I feel like a huge fat person! LOL

6. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsBrewer: Yep, I walk and have to hold my belly up!! I'm so excited for you!!

7. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Isn't there some catchy phrase about April Flowers Bring May Flowers, and May Flowers Bring ???? No? Am I making it up lol?

8. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

9. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@LindsayInNY: with J, I knew what it was, but it wasn't super obvious... More like blood tinged or streaked mucous. If I wasn't checking everytime I wiped, I might not have noticed. I'd liken it to what I experienced around implantation. Of course it's differenr for everyone though.

10. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

@MrsBrewer: I was positive too. My midwife said that each dose is 20 minutes and you don't have to stay in the bed. You can walk with the pole, or sit on the birth ball next to the bed. She said they cap it off in between and you can get in the tub or shower.

11. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: Aha! Okay, any catchy June Bug labor bread title ideas!?! I have a 10:00 meeting womp womp womp, but can make a thread after that!

12. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@dc yoga bee:

[:heart:] JUNE MAMAS [:heart:]

June 1: @78h2o (#2 [:girl:] ), @cascademom (#2 [:boy:] )
    June 2: @meltini (#2 [:teamgreen:] )
    June 3 (maybe): @hocuspocus (#1 [:girl:] )
    June 4: @badwolf (#1 [:girl:] )
    June 5: @dc yoga bee (#1 [:girl:] ), @BabyMats (#2/3 [:boy:] [:girl:] ), @MrsBrewer (#1 [:teamgreen:] )
    June 7: @mamatoboth: (#2)
    June 10: @MamaB (#1 [:girl:] )
    June 11: @merriment (#2 [:boy:] ), @Ifyoulikepinacoladas (#2 [:girl:] )
    June 13: @TarHeelBee: (#1), @MUI831: (#2)
    June 14: @Eko (#1 [:boy:] ), @Ash (#2 [:teamgreen:] )
    June 15: @Corduroy (#2 [:boy:] ), @extrasprinkles (#1 [:boy:] ), @Mrs.KMM (#1 [:girl:] )
    June 16: @glitterboots (#2 [:girl:] )
    June 19: @Jess1483 (#2 [:boy:] )
    June 23: @rpparker (#1 [:girl:] ), @just_ju: (#1)
    June 24: @MrsKMM (#1 [:girl:] )
    June 26: @LindsayInNY (#1 [:girl:] )

13. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

@78h2o: I'm due June 2! Although with my doctor being out of state this weekend I have a feeling this baby is going to be difficult and come then. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong!

14. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@78h2o: Thank you!

Labor and Delivery Thread created!!

15. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Meltini: I actually hope my baby will wait awhile now too... my husband has had a fever yesterday and today... I don't even know if they'd let him into L&D sick like that?! That would be my luck! It really sucks because he has zero sick leave and only 5 vacation days due to having used them all during a health crisis last year... so this means he only has 3 vacation days to take off for the baby's birth... and that's if he goes back tomorrow. Crossing my fingers he makes a quick recovery. (Because also, dealing with a man cold and a toddler while hormonal/huge is testing the limits of my sanity!)

16. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

Aww, my coworkers surprised me with a fruit/chocolate tray and a card/small gift card. Sweet gesture for a second baby.

17. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@78h2o: that is nice!!

18. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@dc yoga bee: Totally awkward though. They all gathered in my office and made awkward small talk about labor/delivery! LOL! Still nice though and the Amazon gift card is prefect because I was just about to place a registry completion order.

My 6:30 appointment cancelled... I am so excited. That means I can leave at 6:30 and be home around 7:30 instead of 8:30!

19. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

@78h2o: Bahahahaha! The dreaded man-cold!!!!

20. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: that's really nice! I also saw your comment about the discount. Apparently I didn't look far enough lol

21. glitterboots

cherry / 103 posts

I just got back from my 36 week appointment. Baby girl is measuring 7lbs 6oz already! My first was 8lbs 7oz, so she will be even bigger! I'm 1 cm dilated, so she's staying for awhile longer

22. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

Well, I'm on my way to the midwife. I've been up since 11:30pm with AWFUL pain on my left side/back. I'm afraid it's a kidney stone!

23. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@MamaB: Oh no!! Keep us posted!! Maybe those are labor pains??

24. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@glitterboots: Definitely sounds like maybe she'll be at least as big as her sibling!

@MamaB: Hopefully it's not kidney stones and maybe baby just wants to come?!!

25. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

So random symptom. Right before bed last night, I noticed that my left armpit was really sore and tender. It feels like it's deep underneath the skin. Still the same way this morning. Could this be related to milk ducts? I know they said in breast-feeding class that women can have ducts all the way up in their armpits.

26. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MamaB: Ugh! No fun! I really hope it isn't kidney stones!

27. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Yes! I've had a milk cyst underneath my armpit for the past 4-5 months. My midwife said I am really producing milk already (and having let downs.) Mine hasn't been painful.

28. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

I am so done being pregnant! I had a full on melt down last night. My due date is 6 days away and it still seems so far....and just the thought that she may be late since this is my first pregnancy makes me so sad. I have gained around 40 pounds and feel huge, sleeping is impossible and walking hurts. Okay okay rant over. Come on baby girl lets do this!

29. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@hocuspocus: Aww, I feel your pain! I got into a huge fight with DH last night, slept crappy because of it, and woke up with his cold today. Blech. I hope your baby girl comes early... mine did last time, even though it was my first pregnancy, so you never know! I wasn't dilated at all at my exam the day before I went into labor last time either. Since I'm sick, I'm now hoping this baby stays put until I feel better!

30. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@78h2o you poor thing I couldn't even image getting sick right now. I woke up with a headache and I'm struggling lol. I have an appointment tomorrow I'm hoping I've at least made some progress since last week. My DH is driving me nuts....I think I'm just done and being overly dramatic about everything. I hope you feel better soon!

31. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@hocuspocus: Sorry you aren't feeling well. You are almost there though! And it'll be over before you know it!

@78h2o: Sorry you aren't feeling good! You were trying so hard not to catch it! Maybe you'll get some good sleep tonight and feel better in the morning.

Does anyone know how you are supposed to tell if your water breaks but is a slow leak?

32. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Eko: I was told that if it is discharge or bladder leakage, you would be able to change your underwear and be fine for a while. But if your water was slowly leaking, you would change your underwear and almost immediately need to change them again.

33. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: I asked about that the other day and was told the same thing as @Mrs.KMM... basically, that a urine leakage happens when you cough, sneeze, change position, etc. and is usually not steady. I was told an amniotic lead would be a more steady drip.

34. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Mrs.KMM: @78h2o: Thanks! Ugh this is so confusing. I've overall had overall discharge through the whole pregnancy, but only went through like a pad a day sort of thing. Over the past couple days or so it does consistently leak and I is to the point where I can off and on feel the leaking even while I am sitting down. During the day I just sit at a desk and I am now changing my pads every few hours. I don't want to get overworked about this, but I have no idea what's normal.

35. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@hocuspocus: ((hugs)).

36. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

For everyone due soon, just think of me at the end of June, lol! I still feel so far off from the home stretch!

37. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@MamaB: Let us know what they say!

@hocuspocus: @78h2o: Hope ya'll both start to feel better!

@dc yoga bee: Thanks for making the labor and delivery board!

I am so over work and looking forward to the long weekend!

38. andthewildones

cherry / 180 posts

have been lurking for a bit and sending good vibes to those feeling especially prego lately my due date is the 28th of May but just in case bub isn't ready until June, hello!!

39. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: You know we got you, and who knows you may go early!!

@rpparker: No problem!

40. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@andthewildones: Hello, and welcome!! Do you know what you're having?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee