Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: I know me too!!!! I have an appt tonight at 6:15, so I'm curious to see what the midwife has to say! So I was checked at my 36 week appt, they they do cervical checks every week now?

2. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

Thanks everyone! My bp came back down and all my labs looked good. I think my bp can just spike really easily. So for now just lots of resting.

3. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsBrewer: My office doesn't do them, and if they did I already told them to keep their fingers to themselves :angry face: lol. I had a cervical check at 30 weeks, when they thought I was having contractions. I wanted to scream bloody murder!!

@Eko: Whew. Get some rest!

4. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: Oh no!! I'm sorry it was a bad experience!! when they did my cervical check last week, it wasn't painful at all! it just felt like a normal exam basically.

5. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsBrewer: Were you dialated at all? Maybe because I was only 30 weeks, and my cervix was high and closed?

6. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: Yep, last week I was dilated to 1 cm (so really not much at all) and my cervix was anterior? I think that's the right one, it was basically facing forward which means it's ready for the baby!!

7. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsBrewer: Sounds like your body is getting ready!

8. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

Well, I'll join the drama for today. Woke up at 4am having contractions, went on a walk once the sun came up, they got really close and painful. We called the midwife and she said to take a bath and 3 Tylenol and see what happened. So, they slowed and eventually stopped, got out and had breakfast. I laid down for a nap and they came back. For an hour they were coming 3 minutes apart and lasting for 1.5 minutes. We called the office, they had us come in. The contractions stopped again while we were there, I was having some pain on my left side. Midwife said I was probably dehydrated, and to chug 2 liters of water immediately, go home, and try to nap. So, I've been drinking a TON of water, I haven't had anymore contractions, but I can't sleep because I have to pee every 5 minutes. Ha!

I sent DH to work after the appointment, and I'm trying to just lay down and take it easy. I was 2-3 cm and 70% effaced.

9. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@dc yoga bee: I definitely think we should start a labor and delivery board! I have a feeling that some of the June mamas are going to be needing it soon!

10. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsBrewer: My OB doesn't even do cervical checks until you are at your due date! So I won't know what's going on internally.

@Eko: Glad to hear it came back down.

11. glitterboots

cherry / 103 posts

Since we are all getting so close, has everyone thought about going home outfits? I'm having a hard time deciding. I know babies should be bundled up more, but it's 92 here today with a heat index of 97. I can't see using a long sleeve full length sleeper, socks, and a hat!

12. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

I had my 36 week OB appointment this morning. BP still looks good, my iron levels were good, and baby girl still looks good on ultrasound! They took the swabs for the group B strep test so I guess I'll hear about that next week.

The only thing I was bummed about was that I have apparently gained 5 pounds in the last two weeks! The nurse said a lot of it is probably water weight since my swelling has been a lot worse since my last appointment. But still! I guess I won't be staying under my 30 pound weight gain goal (I'm at 28 as of today).

13. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@glitterboots: I definitely will not be bundling LO up that much! June in Atlanta is super hot and humid! I haven't decided what I want to do for an outfit yet though. A part of me wants her to be a little dressier but not anything super fancy either.

14. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@glitterboots: DH and I are team green, but j think it's a boy, and DH thinks it's a girl, so I bought a little boy outfit, and he picked a girl one. We are bringing both to the hospital with us

15. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MamaB: I hope you get some relief soon!

@glitterboots: Ditto to what @Mrs.KMM: said. I'm from Atlanta, but live in DC now with pretty much the same miserable humid summers! We live 3 miles from the hospital, so I'm not sure I will do a fancy outfit like I imagined. My mom is insisting on a sleeper, and I was born June 10 in hot and humid KY. So, we will see.

ETA: We haven't had a roll call in a while. I'm on page 65, and still don't see it. Anyone have a gander what page that was on lol?

16. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@dc yoga bee: I feel like I want something less fancy than a frilly dress, but nicer than just a basic onesie or sleeper like she'll be in any old day. Only problem is I don't really know what clothing would fit that description!

17. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

So much going on with everyone! I had my 36 week appt today. Spoiler alert: all is well. I checked in early and went to the bathroom for urine collection and strep B swab. I was only in there about three maybe four minutes but three people knocked or tried to get in during that time. As I was washing my hands the nurse started banging on the door shouting "Are you in any distress honey?" How fast do the expect me to pee in a cup, probe my vagiba and probe my butt? Forgive me for taking the time to read instructions and wash my hands. I'm starting to recall the dignity of childbirth/pp.

Apparently I've only gained a few ounces in the last month. Makes sense because I gained almost nothing in 3rd trimester with LO1 and I've been sick. Speaking of sick my OB actually seemed concerned that I've been coughing up phlegm since April 6th and annoyed that the HMO advice nurse told me to have her listen to my lungs. She tried poor thing but she looked as practiced as I would be listening to lungs. She even had to borrow a stethescope from another doctor. She called around adult medicine but even she couldn't get anyone to see me. If I still have a productive cough two weeks from now I'll get antibiotics for pneumonia.

I had a little scare with the ultrasound since the OB could not find enough fluid. I really can't lie on my back very long without getting very dizzy so I wasn't giving her much chance to find it. On our third and final attempt before being sent to L&D she found enough fluid to say I was fine.

Here's hoping LO stays put for a while. I think we picked a name last night but we still have so much to prep.

18. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@glitterboots: I'm going to use a thin, long-sleeve bodysuit with a matching hat. I figured that even with the heat the baby is still mostly going to be in the hospital and car, which will be crazy air conditioned. If need to, I'll change him when I get home.

@Mrs.KMM: glad you had a good appointment! your weight gain seems good! You may not gain too much in the next month.

@Corduroy: glad to hear that everything is alright. Funny they thought you were taking your time.

I'm packing my hospital bag now. Sort of scary that if things went south we could've been having a baby today. I need to be a little more prepared lol. I'm sure if my bp goes back up next week they'll probably just induce me at that point.

19. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Corduroy: yay for finalizing a name! I think we are almost there as well. Glad you had enough fluid and didn't have to go to L&D!

@Mrs.KMM: @dc yoga bee: @MrsBrewer: I have a pile of outfits set aside to take to the hospital I need to narrow it down. I do think it's a good idea to take stuff in a variety of sizes... it's hard to predict what is going to fit baby best. I'll probably put her in a little Janie and Jack or Ralph Lauren short-sleeve romper... I have a few that I bought at consignment that I think have shrunk enough to fit. I have the outfit DD#1 wore home (which fit her well), so I have been using that as a basis for guessing what size I'll need... then I'm going to bring something smaller and bigger, just in case. The hospital allows an outside photo service to come in and take photos if you want... you aren't obligated to purchase (and we didn't last time), but I am planning to take some bows, a pretty swaddle, and an outfit for that mini photo shoot.

@Mrs.KMM: If it makes you feel any better, I'm officially up 44 lbs! I'm not thrilled about it, but not too worried about it either. I gained more with Julia and most of it came off quickly. I know some of it is fluid. I just won't be looking like Kate Middleton the day I deliver (or ever)!

@MamaB: 2-3cm sounds like you are making some progress! I hope that you get some rest and if the contractions come back they stick around. I wonder if you'll be the next to deliver??

@dc yoga bee: I'm surprised that your cervical check was so painful. I find them uncomfortable, but not that much worse than an exam at any other time.

When I went to my appointment today, they said they don't do internal exams at 38w unless you've been having contractions. I was having them when they did the hb check, so they went ahead and did an exam. Womp, womp... no change. In fact, the midwife who did the exam this time thought things looked slightly less favorable than the OB had thought at 35 weeks. She said she was on the fence about whether or not she'd recommend an induction at 39w if things remained unchanged. She felt like there were pros and cons given my experience last time, the prolapse issue, etc... she said she would have been more for it if baby's head was lower or I was more dilated (still only a fingertip). She said that I could talk to the OB about it though next week. Otherwise, everything was good. I'm a little bummed that the contractions that have been keeping me up at night don't seem to be doing anything, but on the other hand, my husband has a super bad cold right now, so it's not a good time to have a baby! I'm glad it looks like she might stay put for a little while at least. My parents fly in on Sat, and if she could wait until then, that would be ideal!

20. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

So much excitement happening! With a late June due date I'm jealous of everyone making progress but I also know that can change any day now!

I got a sweet onesie monogrammed for her coming home outfit since it will be warm here too!

21. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

I had my appt today as well. 2 cm dilated and my doctor said things look favorable for induction if we choose. He is going out of state this weekend so we are going to see another doctor next Tuesday before mine is back in town and then we will make our final decision on when this baby will be born. I'm really hoping to go naturally but am afraid to wait too long after last time. Also, my doctor asked if I had been experiencing any pain, pressure, or cramping which I have been. Apparently baby is pushing pretty hard on my cervix. My doctor who has been delivering for 20+ years actually said "Wow! Baby is pushing down HARD." lol

22. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Meltini: I think fact that baby is pushing down is a really good sign! My little one is still pretty high up, which was why the midwife thought that it might not be good to induce. When are you due again?

23. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@rpparker: We're at the tail end!! So even if everyone disappears from the thread, I'll be here!

24. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

Well, I've had 140ish oz of water since noon which made napping impossible. On top of having to pee every 5-10 minutes, baby kept playing with my bladder. I think I only got 3, 15 minute stretches of sleep. I'm going to slow the water consumption now in hopes that I'll be able to sleep tonight. I'm planning on going to work in the AM, so some rest would be nice.

25. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Corduroy: They let you do the swabing? I had to get half naked in the exam room so they could swab me for the strep test.

And I'm surprised they didn't give you an antibiotic already. I'd only had my productive cough for a week and a half at the point they wanted to start me on meds. You've got to be feeling miserable for as long as you've had it!

26. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

I just had a pin drop of blood when I went to the restroom. I read online that the cervix is sensitive so hopefully nothing wrong! I think a "bloody show" would be more than a pin drop lol.

27. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@dc yoga bee: I wouldn't be too concerned! They told me at my appointment today that at this point they don't care about any bleeding unless it is heavy, period-like flow. They didn't even want to hear about any potential spotting, mucous plug, etc.

As a fun potential source, you could have hemorrhoids! I've been getting pin drop bleeding from what I suspect are internal hemorrhoids for a while now.

28. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@dc yoga bee: The bloody show is pretty gory. I get trace blood from my friable cervix. I'm less worried this time around since I went through it before. I had my bloody show with LO on the triage table and traumatized DH.

29. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Mrs.KMM: During my cervical check with LO at 39 weeks, I had to use a pad it was so bad. I was warned about it too. I went into labor a few days after that.

30. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Mrs.KMM: oh man! First a hernia, then hemorrhoids!?! I hope not, as I'm not sure how much more I can take lol!

31. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Yes, I got to do my own swabbing. Last pregnancy (same HMO, different office) they highly encouraged patients to do it themselves in the bathroom but said the OB would do it if necessary. At this office they have the swabs stocked in the bathroom right next to the urine collection cups. Directions are posted on the wall. They didn't even mention that an OB would/could do it.

32. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

I slept great last night! I only had to get up twice to pee. Praise the Lord!

33. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MamaB: that's great! I slept pretty well too, thanks to Unisom.

Off to a super long day at work! Going to try to be productive so that after tomorrow I can really be done and feel like things are wrapped up (except for a few things I'll do from home next week if I haven't had the baby.

34. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Went to my 37 week appt yesterday (technically 37+4) and I'm dilated at 3cm!! I was only 1 at 36 weeks! Baby is very low, and the midwife said she could feel the babies head! I also tested positive for GBS at least that's an easy fix with antibiotics. Other than that all is well. I personally think this baby will come before Memorial Day!

35. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

OH! I forgot one thing though! I gained 5 lbs in one week! Midwife said not to worry though and that it's from swelling, my blood pressure was still great and there weren't any proteins in my urine. I was just shocked at the 5 lb jump I am now officially up 30 lbs

36. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MamaB: I was laying in bed last night thinking how I can't wait to be able to sleep again. Sure, she will be up, but she won't be up in my ribs, and causing heartburn on the inside!!

@MrsBrewer: Eep! She could feel the head!?! I will try to make a labor board today. I was just looking for the boy girl team green list to plug in.

37. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@dc yoga bee: the last update is on page 56. My phone won't copy and paste it.

38. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: I was told bloody show is like a period. There's no mistakening it. Again, from what I was told.

39. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Eko: Thanks!!

40. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MamaB: lol. That was not the case for me last night. glad someone slept though!

@78h2o: that's awesome! I'm trying to finish up work this week in the event I can't work next week. The doctor at triage yesterday said "I think it's fine for you to go back to work unless you want me to tell you you can't." lol. I didn't take up his offer and hope I don't regret it.

@MrsBrewer: oh wow!! That would be something if you still made it to June. can't wait to start seeing some babies!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee