Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@Mrs.KMM: my lo's heart rate was high and I wasn't progressing because he was OP and LGA... so we didn't have time to wait to get him out. I'd think being you were induced so early, that was the reason you didn't progress and that you could attempt to vbac next time around.

2. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Ash: Without talking to my OB about it yet, that's what I was thinking too. I'd guess that if I was able to go into labor naturally, I would be a good candidate for a VBAC, But if I had to be induced again (especially early) that we would probably go straight to C-section.

3. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@Mrs.KMM: my dr is inducing me at 40 weeks if I don't go before then so it won't always lead to a cs if you don't go naturally.

4. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

I had my 38 week appointment today! Still no progress. I complained to her about decreased movement I've been having so she went ahead and hooked the baby up to the monitor for a minute and checked my fluid. Everything checked out fine and of course the baby has been dancing like crazy since then! But I'm glad that while I was there I went ahead and got checked out. It wasn't so much that I had fewer movements but they were just so much less obvious and just felt different. Glad it's just lack of space and nothing else! Oh and she picked up on a few contractions while I was hooked up so maybe something is happening down there!

5. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Cause I haven't posted one in awhile... From this past weekend at 37 weeks!

6. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@rpparker: I think it's always better to be safe than sorry! Glad your LO checked out okay! I remember my first baby moved around a lot less in the days before she was born. I didn't notice that with baby #2, but maybe that's because I was induced a little early.

@LindsayInNY: Great pic! I love how your pup is in it too! You look wonderful!

7. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: The night before J was born, He had a period of lots of movement while I read to E for bedtime. I thought it was really weird, but we slept well so didn't think anything of it. Then, in the morning, I had contractions and had him at 6pm that day.

8. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

@rpparker: I'm glad everything checked out! It's always nice to be reassured that everything is fine. I haven't noticed a major slow down in movement. Last night she was moving like crazy and DH said, "It's like she can't get comfortable..." I said, "because there's no room and she needs to come OUT!" Maybe it's a sign like with @CascadeMom. Hopefully!

@LindsayInNY: You look great!

9. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@78h2o: Thanks!! I think he thought the blocks were something edible. Or he was just wondering where the big ol' belly came from?!

10. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

How I everyone else doing at night? I'm so tired of Braxton Hicks every night from 6-11pm. Why does it have to be at toddler bedtime?

I feel guilty because LO is at daycare all day while I'm just resting (& nesting) but I get so exhausted and grumpy when the contractions start.

I called my parents twice in the last 24 hours moving up the date I want them to come. Initially we planned for them to do the 8 hour drive to come watch LO while I was in labor. Then I said they should come on my due date the 15th, regardless. Now I changed it to tomorrow night. I've probably just cursed myself with being two weeks over due.

11. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@78h2o: @MamaB: Yep! I figured while I was there I might as well get it checked instead of stressing the rest of the day (or probably week!).

@LindsayInNY: You look great! I think my dog just noticed my belly. She already knows where "sister's room" is though!

@Corduroy: My mom is coming next week (39 weeks for me) just for the day unless something happens between now and then. I have a feeling she is going to want to wait around though or maybe start moving stuff in

12. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

Well, today I'm 40 weeks. I'm working until tomorrow, and I hope she doesn't make me wait much longer. I have an appointment with the midwife tomorrow. She'll check my cervix and I haven't decided about the membrane sweep yet. Any recommendations?

Here's my picture. Come out, baby!

13. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@rpparker: glad to hear that everything is fine! I definitely had fewer obvious movements towards the end, but glad that you got it checked out!

@LindsayInNY: you look really great! I was so blown up looking at that time. I stopped taking weekly photos, haha.

@Corduroy: did you go over on your first one? FX that the timing works out!

@MamaB: cute bump mama!!! Maybe get the membrane sweep of you really want to get things moving. The only one I got was fairly uncomfortable though but also could've been because I was pretty closed up at the time.

14. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

38 week appointment went well! Baby is head down, guessed to be 6 lb. 12 oz. and in 36% for size. I'm 1 cm. And positive for group B strep so praying my water doesn't ever break now!!
    Don't mess up my natural birth plan lol!

15. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@Eko: With LO1 I went into labor at 40w2d and delivered at 40w5d. I'm in no hurry to start labor this time just to end it. This time I was given two due dates: the 10th (radiology based on growth scan) and the 15th (OB based on LMP). So technically I'm past one of them.

@LindsayInNY: I had a pain-med free birth with IV and constant monitoring that kept me in bed for a good portion of it. That wasn't part of my plan but it didn't derail anything.

16. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Corduroy: That's helpful to hear! I think I just like to be over-prepared for any scenario

17. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

I had my 40 week appointment today. All is well! Baby is comfortable in there- ha! I'm 3 cm, 80% effaced and she's at -2 station. I'll have the membrane sweep next week, along with an ultrasound to check on fluid levels and her development. Today is my last day of work, so I'll probably do a lot of walking, siting on the birth ball, napping and staying hydrated over the next week. Come out baby! I'm ready to meet you!

18. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@MamaB: Sounds like a good appointment! I know you are glad to be off work! I should make my last day soon - I am not productive anymore!

19. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

I feel like I will jinx myself if I post in the labor board but I think baby boy is on his way. I've been pretty sure since I woke up but I finally have timeable contractions and I lost some of my mucus plug. I think tomorrow will be my day. My parents get here in an hour to watch LO. Everything's working out.

20. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Corduroy: yay! Good luck, mama!

21. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@LindsayInNY: I labored for a number of hours without an epidural while hooked up to a pitocin IV and HR monitor for baby. I spent a lot of time standing next to the bed. During contractions, I put my arms around my husband and we did the whole sway thing! I also spent some time kneeling and resting my upper body on a chair. I did some squatting and could have used a birth ball if I had one. I eventually cave and got an (ineffective) epidural, but being able to get out of bed definitely helped me last as long as I did. There is zero chance I could have lasted that long laying flat on my back (at least with pitocin - maybe you would have a different experience without it).

22. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MamaB: you like great! Hope baby comes soon!

23. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Corduroy: fingers crossed for you!

24. TiredmommaMD

cherry / 118 posts

Anybody else feeling over it? I am sick of being pregnant, and just want her to come right now! I'm hot, huge, and tired. I also have no patience for my poor LO#1.

25. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: just have to say you look amazing!!!

26. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: I agree with others. As long as you can get out of bed it helps! I was GBS positive, so I had the IV going, but they are able to cap it in between doses at least!

27. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

I'm starting to feel a bit nervous about decreased fetal movement. He is still moving, just nothing like he usually does. I think I'll call, but I'm nervous they'll send me to labor and delivery since both my doc and the other practitioner I see (not sure her title) are out. I can't call for a couple of hours anyway. Thoughts? Anyone else have markedly decreased fetal movement at 39 weeks?

28. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Jess1483: I did with Julia. I called and they had me do the whole lay on your left side Drinkwater thing. They didn't end up having me come in. I think you should call. I think with fetal movement it's definitely better to be safe than sorry. If they have you go in, they might just do an ultrasound and send you home if all checks out okay. If it doesn't, then I think that's where you want to be, regardless of whether or not your doctor is there.

29. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@78h2o: thanks. They are having me come in to do a NST, so I will report back.

30. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Jess1483: good luck, better safe than sorry this late in pregnancy.

31. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Jess1483: I hope that you get good results and it gives you some peace of mind. I'll be thinking about you! Keep us posted!

32. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

Ugh, I have mastitis. Womp, womp. I really do not want to expose baby to antibiotics so young, but I think I'n going to have to. I was under 3 comforters last night and my teeth were still chattering. Holly didn't want to sleep, and it was pretty miserable trying to take care of her while feeling so crappy. I saw my OB yesterday to follow up on the hematoma and she also prescribed me a cream for my nipples (since they were cracked and painful). I called back today about the fever and she called in an antibiotic. My husband is picking it up now...I hope it makes a difference soon!

33. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: hugs, that's no fun. How's Julia adjusting to being a big sister? Ethan says goodbye to us in the morning before daycare. He's doing well with it minus the parental preference since DH does a lot of his care, since I'm boobs for the baby.

34. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@TiredmommaMD: Yes... I don't know if it's just because the end is sorta in sight now or what!

@MrsBrewer: Thanks! If only you could see my Fred Flintstone feet and overly swollen hands

35. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@Jess1483: I was really concerned on Tuesday with decreased movement so at my appointment they hooked her up to the monitor and checked my fluids. Everything was fine and it was nice to have the peace of mind!

36. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: oh I was there! And my swelling in my feet finally just went down now 1 week PP

37. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

The appointment took a long time. They hooked me up for 20 minutes, decided they'd lost baby's heart rate (instead getting mine) too many times, started over, didn't like his movement, and then had to "buzz" him awake. After that, they were ok with his movements, but it made me feel like I wasn't crazy. So I'm very glad I went in, but all is well! Maybe he's just resting up for his debut!

38. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@78h2o: ugh, poor you! This recovery has been rough on you! Hopefully the antibiotics help asap!

39. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsBrewer: I'll take 1 week PP over longer! As long as it goes away. I can't wait to be able to feel my hands again. And I pray my shoes all still fit!

40. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: aww for sure!! You are in the home stretch and you will be done soon!! Hang in there! I can tell you it's so worth it, I promise!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee