Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 moms!

1. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@MrsKRB: mine is the 30th too- I declined with my daughter because the results don't matter to me- and I got ultrasounds practically every week anyway- but since things have gotten better they haven't ordered any more U/S and I miss seeing my bean!

I can't wait to get to the 2nd trimester and past the tiredness and constant worrying!

2. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Mrs. Pink: yea, I'm mostly just doing the scan to see my baby look like an actual baby, haha.

3. Dr. Pepper

apricot / 461 posts

Ultrasound today went great! Heartrate was 146 bpm. Baby was measuring from 7w5d to 8w0d- which is a little ahead! I'm so freaking excited.

-7w1d

4. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Mrs. Pink: @MrsKRB: I wanna see my baby look like an actual baby too! Or even a gummy bear! So far it's looked like a bean.

@Dr. Pepper: yay for a good scan!! Baby's looking great!

5. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@dr. Pepper- yay for a great scan! Mine is tomorrow. I'm nervous!

6. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Dr. Pepper: woohoo!

7. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

Runnerd: Today's the day. I hope your scan goes great!

Pastemoo: Look at that little baby! Congratulations! Makes me excited for my next scan & seeing a baby rather than a tiny peanut.

Madeyetbeautiful: Good luck tomorrow. The 1st trimester is the worse.

Mcd919: I'm just getting the NT Scan. I'm only 25 so they said everything else wasn't necessary, even though I kind of wanted to just so I would have peace of mind & the bonus of knowing the gender sooner.

MrsKrb & Mrs.Pink: I go the 30th for my NT Scan too. I mainly did it just to have another ultrasound. I am sure I will be a bundle of nerves until I hear the results though. I read in a few forums that people found out the gender at their NT Scan. Or the tech would guess. We will see.

Starlitsky: I bought a bella band. Its amazing. I can only imagine maternity pants.

Dr.Pepper: Yay for a great scan!

Nothing new with me. Just random sick days & an occasional "normal" day. I think I am officially a pro at throwing up now. I am just so ready for the second trimester & ready for the weekend.
    Kudos to you ladies who are dealing with the 1st trimester fun & also raising a toddler. I don't know how you do it. I don't want to work. I don't want to clean house. Laundry. Dishes. Etc. I just want to lay on the couch in my pity party.
    Did I say how ready I was for the 2nd trimester?

Have a good day ladies, can't wait to hear about the ultrasounds today!

-8w4d

8. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

I am so so happy to report a good appt! Baby had a perfect heartbeat and measured 7w4d. My doctor felt very positive that this looks like a healthy pregnancy, but she graciously allowed me to schedule a follow up ultrasound for about 1.5 weeks from now for peace of mind. Both of my losses were at 8 weeks, so I'm really happy to get a follow up look after that point. I'm going between happy and continuing to fight the first tri worries even after that, but feeling better!!

9. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@runnerd: aww yay!!!!

I think I have my first pregnancy craving: orange juice! I just cannot get enough!! Trying to make it a little healthier by eating the whole orange, but I could probably chug a whole container!

10. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@Mrs. Pink: Ugh me, too. I sleep so much and still so tired. @Dr. Pepper: YAY! That is very exciting.
    @MMcAlli: For what it's worth, mine is a preschooler and 1000x better than he was as a newborn. Though he constantly asks why are you throwing up? why does the baby make you throw up? If only I knew!

I don't remember 2nd tri being any better (sorry). Everyday is a new day. Being pregnant sucks but I know it is worth it. @runnerd: Hug! That is pretty wonderful. My miscarriage was around then, too, and it is very relieving to pass that point.
    @MrsKRB: Cool!
    -11w1d

11. Mrs. Peanut

apricot / 347 posts

@MrsKRB: Oh my gosh! I cannot believe you said that! I am also craving orange juice! I also want spinach dip really badly, but not as much as orange juice.

@runnerd: That's great news! Yay!

@Dr. Pepper: So exciting!

Aaaahhh 8 more days until my appointment!

-7w6d

12. MCD919

kiwi / 659 posts

@Dr. Pepper: @runnerd: Yay for good appointments & ultrasounds!!!

13. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@MrsKRB: @Mrs. Peanut: I craved OJ with DS, and am again this time. It's really the only craving I had last pregnancy.

14. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

Sort of off topic but I'm hating the extra hormonal boost right now, Caroline turns 2 tomorrow and I'm a mess 😭

I couldn't get mine to guess gender at 14 weeks (I'd have to check back but I believe that was my last US before the gender scan last time)

15. Madyetbeautiful

coffee bean / 30 posts

After a scary bleed yesterday I was dreading my appointment today. However, bean has a healthy heartbeat and had grown a lot since last time!! Shocked doesn't begin to cover it. They measured it at 7.52mm and 6+4 which I think may technically put me into July, but I'd rather hang out here. Fairly blurry pic, but thought I'd share. Have another appointment in 2 weeks.

@Runnerd: So glad your apointment went well!

16. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Madyetbeautiful: yay for a good scan!

So happy everyone has been receiving good news!

17. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MMcAlli: you're a youngun!
    @runnerd: @Madyetbeautiful: yay so glad you both had good scans!!
    @Alba4: good luck with your scan today! Let us know how it goes!
    @MrsKRB: @Mrs. Peanut: @runnerd: I've been craving OJ too! And also pineapple (both juice and fresh).

Happy Friday!!

9w5d

18. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@MMcAlli: haha, my poor toddler, I am not doing any of the things you mentioned around the house, plus then I just lay on the floor and let him climb all over me as "playtime" since I don't have the energy to be more fun! Work actually feels like my downtime though since he is at daycare, and I work from home.

19. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

Had my appointment and baby measured right on track with a strong heartbeat! I'm so happy! Due date is the same, June 28.

20. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

EDD: June 24

How far along: 8w0d

First child? Yes!

First doctor appointment: IVF pregnancy - so I've had a few followups with my RE. First OB appointment on 11/24 at 9w4d.

Any symptoms so far? Stretching and occasional really painful moments in my hip area. Feel like my stomach holds less food per sitting. Sometimes I am hungry but feel uninterested in eating.

Who have you told? DH, 2-coworkers, my parents

I am new to HB - have read blog posts sporadically over the past year but was more active on WeddingBee...unfortunately not feeling at home as much there lately. Since we got our BFP I started reading the boards over here and really feel more at home. I know I'm late to the party, but wanted to join in now that I hit 8 weeks.

We are having identical twins following a single embryo transfer! I was discharged from my RE this week with strong heartbeats and my little ones measuring right on schedule.

21. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Alba4: yay! Very happy to hear all is looking good!

22. Mrs. Peanut

apricot / 347 posts

@Alba4: @Madyetbeautiful: Yay! That's great news!

I had no idea that craving orange juice was common! I've never heard of that before. At least it's not really unhealthy.

-8w0d

23. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Alba4: yay!

@meadow: welcome! I conceived with IVF as well! That's crazy that your embryo split! how are you feeling about twins? I don't know what I would have done!!

24. Mrs. Peanut

apricot / 347 posts

@meadow: Whoops I missed you earlier! Welcome! We're due date twins! Congrats on your actual twins! That's so exciting!!

25. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@meadow: I didn't see your post earlier either! Welcome and congrats on twins! How exciting!!

26. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@meadow. Welcome!

27. MCD919

kiwi / 659 posts

@meadow: Welcome and congrats! Identical twins, how exciting!!

28. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

So glad to hear everyone is having great ultrasounds!!! Love hearing all the good reports!

Am I the only one left who has still not had a scan?! I finally have my booking in appt with the midwives on Monday but I think I'm still a few weeks away from having a scan....sigh.

@meadow: Welcome and congratulations!!! How very exciting that you're having identical twins!!! I can't wait to follow along on your journey!

Does everyone know where they're going to have their baby? We only have a community hospital in our town (no maternity services) but have four major hospitals 30-40 minutes in each direction from us, so I'm trying to decide which one would be best. The one I'm leaning towards is the furthest from us, but it's the opposite direction from London (we're less than an hour outside of central London) so I'm thinking we'd be less likely to get caught up in potential traffic snarls.... But being 35 miles away from the hospital scares me just a bit, especially being my third baby and having had a pretty quick second labour (6 hours exactly from first contraction to baby in arms). Anyway, plenty of time to think on it....

~ 8w 0d (I think)

29. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: Thanks!! It is nice to have a fellow IVFer We are so excited about the twins - never in a million years did I think that would happen with a SET! At our first ultrasound the doctor was scanning around and I thought at first we were seeing different angles, then he looked at me and said "you were a single egg transfer right?" and I said yes, then he pulled up both yolk sacs on the same screen and my eyes went HUGE! MY IVF nurse explained that it is a 1-2% chance - so we are feeling very special at the moment I know we are in for a huge adventure but I have been reading a lot about twins the past couple weeks and I'm really excited

@Mrs. Peanut YAY for due date twins

@Starlightsky @Alba4 @MCD919 Thank you all for the warm welcome

30. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Ree723: Thanks for the welcome. I picked out my hospital first then sought out an OB (my previous GYN was not an OB so when we started trying to have a baby I began researching OBs and based on where they deliver.)

I think that your logic about headed away from London makes sense but can appreciate being nervous about the distance.

31. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

June 2016 Mamas

June 1: pastemoo, Anne825, Contemplating, catomd00
    June 2: Maddux41506
    June 4: Mrs. Pink, BLA
    June 6: brownepiano
    June 8: MrsKRB, MCD919, Lately
    June 11: Purpledaisy
    June 12: starlitsky
    June 16: LittleGBee
    June 20: MMcAlli
    June 24: Mrs. Peanut ( ), meadow
    June 26: Ree723 ( ) Hazel27
    June 27: Madyetbeautiful
    June 28: runnerd, Alba4, Dr. Pepper

32. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Ree723: I had to switch ob's because mine wasn't accepting new ob patients during my due date. My new ob is at a smaller hospital which I'm not thrilled with, but it is closer to my house.

-10w3d

33. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: For your next update.....we're team green too!

34. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@Ree723: last pregnancy I was seeing a doctor out of town and had to drive over hour every time. I was pretty nervous about the labor logistics, but ended up having a scheduled induction.

This time, I'm seeing a doctor that only have one hospital option covered for delivery that she uses, it's about 25min away, straight shot down the highway from our house.

- 7w6d

35. Contemplating

coffee bean / 33 posts

Time to catch up again! So much happening!

@starlitsky - Thanks, yes he is a musician. He wrote the song, music, played all the instruments and recorded it himself Our 10 week scan was so special, it looks like a baby and you could see it jumping and wiggling around, get emotional just thinking about it.
    @mrs. peanut - Thanks I have taken Tylenol, like the others said it is safe in pregnancy just be careful not to exceed the recommended dose in 24 hours. I feel way ahead of the pack now! But great to have a space to share these experiances
    @Mmcalli - Thanks Good idea about the signatures! I'm also having a bit of a on the couch pity party... DH is doing all the house work, I feel bad but don't have much to give after work. I had a 4 hour "nap" on Wednesday.
    @Runnerd - So glad to hear the appointment went well, fingers crossed everything keeps going well.
    @Mrskrb - Thanks, looking forward to hearing about other announcements. Yes! For me it is oranges, I have a whole bag of them. It's interesting to hear of others having the same craving! I am also craving Avocado with vinager and salt
    @pastemoo - Beautiful scan! love the heart shape
    @Mcd919 - Hope the nausea gets better. I think I am going to need to go shopping for Mat clothes this weekend, it's getting tough to zip up my coat!
    @Ree723 - Hope all goes well for your appointment on Monday. Hope you don't have to wait too much longer, although the longer you wait the more you can see on the scan. I'm 60% sure I will deliver at the hospital that is 10 min walk from our house. It is where I work. I am still playing with the idea of a home birth.
    @Madyetbeautiful - Sorry to hear things have been so stressful glad to hear everything went well with the scan.
    @Drpepper - So glad to hear your scan went well!
    @Mrs.pink - feeling emotinonal too, I'm also having very vivid dreams. Last night I dreamed the lead singer of Simple Plan was trying to hit on me and I was trying to figure out how to break it to him that I am happily married and pregnant! lol
    @Alba4 - Yay for a good scan!
    @Meadow - Welcome! Congrats on your twins!

I'm doing much better with the Diclectin, still having some nausea but have only vomited once this week so a big improvement. I'm starting to realize it's time to get some more Mat clothes, I have some stretchy pants already but I think I need some mat jeans and a coat with a little more room. My next appointment is the 30th Nov. I have a big week ahead, I'm going for an interview for a promotion but the position is at another hospital, although I don't really want the job I am using it as practice for when the same position becomes available at my hospital, so still want to do well and get some feedback. I know that it will come up in the next few months as my manager has announced her retirement.

I was chatting with a friend last night and she was warning me that I need to be on the wait list for the day care at the hospital already! She's worried we have waited too long! Eek seems crazy to be thinking about day care already!

Hope everyone has a restful weekend

-11w6d

36. Mrs. Peanut

apricot / 347 posts

@Ree723: That's how I feel! I haven't had one yet either. My first appointment isn't until Friday but I don't think I'll have an ultrasound for a long while still. I just want to see my little peanut and make sure he's okay! I'm having mine at the hospital 10 minutes from our house. It's the biggest one around here anyway, so why not?

@Contemplating: I'm not ready for maternity clothes yet, but honestly, I can't wait. I'm a few weeks behind so maybe by that time I will need them.

We just ordered our Christmas cards this year. We decided to announce to non-immediate family and friends we don't see often through our Christmas card. We are going to tell our parents and close friends on Christmas, but we'll send the cards out right before we tell the family so they won't find out that way. I hope we didn't jinx ourselves because we haven't had our first appointment yet, but the cards were only $30 on sale. Buuut, if we end up with twins, we may have to do some scrambling. We signed the card DH, my name, plus one. We also made it rhyme with the saying on the card. Worst case scenario, I just won't send them. Hopefully there is only one little peanut in there who is safe and healthy!

-8w2d

37. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Mrs. Peanut: Aww - Christmas cards will be a cute way to announce to the world!

38. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@meadow welcome! My husband is kinda hoping we'll have twins but at this point I highly doubt it.

@mrs. Peanut I'm thinking of doing a stockings Christmas announcement picture. I just need to get/make another one. All our immediate circles will know by then.

39. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Mrs. Peanut: that's adorable! Share the cards with us if you want!

We bought shirts to wear on thanksgiving, dh's will say drinking for 3, and mine will say eating for 2. I'm excited but nervous to be announcing in front of 20+ of his family!

40. Mrs. Peanut

apricot / 347 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee