Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 moms!

1. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@catomd00: Wow - what a chin! So amazing how this early they look like real babies!!

@Maddux41506: So cute that baby wiggled its foot for you!!! Must have been so exciting to see!!

2. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@Ree723: Add me to the bored list, or the just over it list. Keeping fingers crossed our second trimester is just as fabulous as you read about.

@Mrs.Pink: Yay for surprise U/S. I have the same problem of being sick if I don't eat or getting sick because I'm too full. Pregnancy is just a fun crazy ride.

@Brownepiano: You're almost out of the first trimester. Jealous!

@Meadow: My appetite has been gearing up too however choosing what to eat has seem to become a problem. I can never decide quickly.

@Catomdoo: Look at that baby! Makes me excited for my next U/S. Hope your sickness goes away soon!

@Massux41506: I am glad your U/S ended up ok. My heart sank when I started reading your post.

Do any of you ladies HATE to get out of bed? My bed is so comfy in the mornings & I seriously wait till the last second to get up. Resulting in me coming to work rocking the "I just rolled out of bed" look. I'm not sure I can solely blame this on pregnancy. I've always hated getting up, it's just worse now. It's Wednesday though. Two more work days until I can stay in bed all day if I choose to!

-9w3d <<I am also excited to hit 10 weeks this weekend! Double Digits.

3. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@mmcali: I hate getting out of bed. Mornings are the worst, not just because of morning sickness, but because I am still so tired!

Good ultrasound today, except for the part where I had to wait for half an hour to be seen, with a full bladder. I think I actually hate the first ultrasound for that reason. Note to others yet to go, you probably don't have to drink as much water as they told you to!

4. Mrs. Peanut

apricot / 347 posts

@brownepiano: Yay! That's good to know!

So I wear an underwire bra and it's starting to KILL! It really digs in now right in the middle section where the wires come together with fabric. It feels like I have a bruise, but I don't. I'm thinking about getting a new bra, but I figured I may as well get a good nursing or maternity bra. The thing is though, my breasts really haven't increased in size and I'm not sure how much they will. Do you think I should buy a cup size up and just hope for the best? Buy my current size and risk it being too small later? Anyone have any really good maternity bra suggestions?

8w5d

5. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@doodlepoodle: welcome!! yay for having another june baby! how do you plan to announce to family on Thanksgiving?
    @MMcAlli: I'm not sure how we'll be announcing on thanksgiving yet but I think your idea of a shirt is cute! We might try to incorporate our announcement into the dish we're bringing somehow, since it's a potluck... oh and I totally do not want to get out of bed in the mornings either! I wake up early and then just lounge around for a couple of hours before forcing myself to get ready for work.
    @Mrs. Pink: @Maddux41506: I love that you both got to see your baby move!! I can't wait until our next US to see the baby look more like a baby and hopefully move!
    @catomd00: yay that your NT scan went well!
    @brownepiano: so far I haven't had to drink water before any of my ultrasounds but I did hear that for abdominal ones, it's better to have a full bladder. Yay for a good US today!
    @Mrs. Peanut: my underwire bra started to dig a couple of weeks ago so I ordered the same bra in a cup size up but haven't started wearing it yet. For night I bought a wireless sleep bra because it's uncomfortable to go braless.

10w3d

6. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Mrs. Peanut: Can you go with an inexpensive no-wire bra for the time being in your current size, then buy the more expensive nursing bra when you see how your cup size changes...I hear they go up during pregnancy and again after when your milk comes in - so even that can be hard to plan - I can't imagine trying to plan off my size this early on.......

@MMcAlli: This morning I had a particularly hard time waking up (which is weird because I'd generally say I'm a morning person). I got to work and immediately wished it was "nap time" in my life! Haha. Surprisingly, what got me out of my funk was having a snack (mind you, I ate my full bowl of cereal with fruit not even an hour earlier!). After I had a snack I was my usual level of awakeness!

So does anyone bring "snacks" to work - aside from what you pack specifically for lunch? I'm trying to get some ideas for more interesting/nutritional snacks. Currently I pack my lunch (sandwich + apple), then bring some almonds, peanut butter crackers, and carrots or cherry tomatoes as my snacks. I probably should bring cheese but I'm too lazy to use the refrigerator at work so I need to work on that. Anyone have other yummy snack ideas?

-8w5d

7. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@meadow: Mine only got bigger for a week. I had my 8 months pregnant bra converted to a nursing bra.

8. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@meadow: I bring yogurt, fruit (currently apples and oranges), and crackers. not very interesting hehe. I have an insulated lunch bag with a cold pack to keep things cool so I don't have to run to the fridge.

9. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@MMcAlli: I'm not sure if I'll be able to hold out for Team Green but I'm going to try!

@doodlepoodle: Welcome!

In regards to bed in the morning... I am so not a morning person so nothing has changed in that aspect. I never want to get up in the morning. I think it might actually be a little easier because I have to pee so bad first thing.

I also have a similar snack list. I find that I can't always stomach what ever I bring for lunch by the time lunch rolls around. I do though buy yogurt in the tubes (like go-gurt but I buy greek yorgurt) and freeze them that way they stay cold all day.

10. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

ugh you ladies are so right, i am usually a morning person but pregnancy has made me so tired.... i hate getting up. not to mention if i get up too fast i puke. gross.

today was my first day in maternity pants because yesterday was so uncomfortable (and no buttons for the rubber band trick).

also, hello appetite. i heard a few of you say it, and i'm happy to have that.

i should bring snacks but what makes me puke is so varying that it is so risky to bring anything perishable. my eating habits are so horrible now. and i buy too much out at lunch/snack because of it
    -12 weeks (!!!!)

11. Contemplating

coffee bean / 33 posts

I'm happy to see the beautiful scans! and excited about all the Thanksgiving announcements

At my last scan the tech could see how full my bladder was and he said if you usually drink a lot if water you only need to drink half what they reccomend.

Today was really rough for me... lost breakfast this morning despite being on the meds. Had a super busy day at work, didn't even have time for lunch, I gave a training session and ate in a meeting. DH and I went grocery shopping after work and I totally crashed, kept having to lean over the cart. Almost vomited in the car on the way home. Arived home and I'm in bed by 7:30! Sorry my moan is over... I'm just so tired! I'm also hoping second trimester brings more energy! I have had to start on a thyriod med so hoping that will help with energy levels.

Our next midwife appointment is on the 30th Nov and the next US is the 20 week one which is the 12th Jan.

- 12w3d

12. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

Are some of you having good days and some bad days re: morning sickness? I felt awful and so nauseous for 2 days straight, but now I'm having a decent day today. Of course that makes me nervous. I also can't remember if this was normal during the pregnancy with my son!

13. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@Alba4: I felt awful for a week straight, then pretty normal except the yuck feeling was replaced with a headache, now the nausea is back the past few days. I never feel like I'm going to throw up, just gross and like I'm sick from not eating, sick from eating too much, etc

14. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

Ok thanks. Yea, I never actually vomited with my son, and I haven't yet this pregnancy either. Mostly nausea, tiredness, headaches, and sore boobs.

15. MCD919

kiwi / 659 posts

Love seeing all of the scans and little gummy bear babes! I had my bloodwork for the visibiliT test yesterday. I'm a little nervous to get the results back I said we don't want to know the sex, so hopefully we can officially be TG (once DH gets on board)! I'm feeling less nauseous and exhausted this week, so of course I'm a little nervous about that, too. Any mamas starting to feel better? I dug out my Doppler and have been listening to baby's heartbeat, which warms my Can't wait to hear how all of the thanksgiving announcements go!

ETA: 11w1day

16. Mrs. Peanut

apricot / 347 posts

I had some MS, but it's really tapered off. Which of course makes me pleased but really nervous. I have my first appointment tomorrow and I'm really hoping to get an ultrasound. I'm becoming a little bit worried about an ectopic. I haven't had any bleeding, but I have been having a lot of discomfort on my left side. It's been like that almost the whole time, but it's gotten worse lately. It was really bothering me driving home the last few days. I'm going to bring that up to my doctor and see what they say. If they're not concerned, then I'm not. Maybe it's normal. It's my first LO, after all. But if there is a possibility that I have an ectopic pregnancy, I want it diagnosed ASAP so my tube doesn't rupture. I'll keep you ladies posted!

-8w6d

17. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

I think I'm the opposite than most! I've been feeling pretty good this whole pregnancy, however once I stopped taking my estrogen and progesterone supplements last week, I've been feeling like poop! Super tired, nauseous if I don't eat, nauseous if I do eat. Haha, I thought I was in the clear!

-11w1d

18. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Mrs. Peanut: Good luck at your appointment! Will be thinking of you!

@MrsKRB: Uh oh.....I have been feeling okay too (knock on all of the wooden things in my life!!) in comparison to others, but you make me worried....I have been doing all sorts of cheers as I get closer and closer to next Wednesday (my last day of progesterone suppositories!) - now I'm worried it will make me feel like poop! I have been wondering if the suppositories were helping to keep things in check.

-8w6d

19. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@MrsKRB: when I have cramps etc, it is always on the left side. Turns out my uterus is retroverted and for some reason the baby hangs out on the left side. It was that way with my last pregnancy, and when I went for the ultrasound this time I noticed the baby was on that side again, even now! So I hope it is just normal for you too!

-11 weeks, 2 days?

20. doodlepoodle

grapefruit / 4136 posts

@MMcAlli: I have more trouble in the evening after work than I do in the morning! I'm just so tired when I get home, poor J watches more TV now than EVER in his whole life!

@brownepiano: Ha! I had the same issue with my first pregnancy! My OB nicknamed my bladder the "lima bean" because I had to empty my bladder TWICE before they could even do the ultrasound!

@starlitsky: I haven't quite figured it out yet! I was hoping to just put J in a "big bro" shirt and let people notice as they got to our house...buuuut I never ordered a shirt and it's too late haha! Our U/S is Monday so I might just do a toast before dinner and say we're thankful for this: and show the u/s??

@meadow: I usually have some Belvita breakfast crackers, boxes of raisins, cheezits or something like that in my desk drawer.

@Alba4: Yes! Some days I feel just fine (and hungry!) other days I'm super nauseated. I never actually get sick, but I have to eat crackers or suck on a jolly rancher until it passes. Ugh.

@Mrs. Peanut: Oh goodness! I truly hope you aren't going to have to deal with an ectopic pregnancy! Keeping you in my thoughts!

J and I are staying home tomorrow, he has a cough and honestly? I could use a day at home catching up on housework and...sleep!

-8w6d

21. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: I dont know! It could just be my body adjusting without the meds? Hopefully you continue to feel good, that's amazing being pregnant with twins and all!

22. Contemplating

coffee bean / 33 posts

@Mrs. Peanut: really hoping your appointment tomortow goes well, will be thinking of you. I know how scarey the frist scan is when you have that concern in your heart

23. Mrs. Peanut

apricot / 347 posts

@meadow: @brownepiano: @doodlepoodle: @Contemplating: Thank you ladies for your kind words! At my appointment, my midwife was concerned about the pressure I was feeling. She went to measure my uterus and pressed down really hard right where I could feel all the pressure. Naturally I tensed up and couldn't help but say ow. She seemed surprised but she pressed REALLY HARD! I feel like that would have hurt anyway. Either way, she said I needed an ultrasound. Today. I was really nervous waiting for it but hoping that everything was fine.

Luckily, my little peanut looked perfect! Measured exactly 9w0d as he or she should be. The ultrasound tech spent some time looking at my ovaries (ended up doing an internal and external ultrasound) but didn't say much about them. She just said that the baby looks great and we got to hear the heartbeat. She said it was 180 and a good rate for the age. We could also see the flicker on the screen and saw him/her dancing like crazy. Apparently they only usually do one ultrasound during the entire pregnancy and that's at 20 weeks! So no answers about the pressure except it must be normal and me just growing for my new peanut. Also only one LO! No need to change our Christmas cards.

ETA: Thanks for the suggestions about the bras by the way! I totally forgot to respond about those. I switched to a different bra that I already owned where the underwire doesn't bother me as much. That's been helping, but I probably will get another bra without a wire soon too. Hopefully I can hold out until my breasts grow a bit more.

-9w0d

24. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@Mrs. Peanut: yay! I'm glad everything is OK and you got an ultrasound.

25. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

Another 'pregnancy bodies are so weird' comment, last night I broke out in hives for no reason! Thankfully they went away by morning. I really hope that doesn't turn into a regular thing.

26. MCD919

kiwi / 659 posts

@Mrs. Peanut: congrats on a good ultrasound!

27. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Mrs. Peanut: glad you had a good ultrasound! It's nice to breathe easy

@brownepiano: that's no fun!!

28. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@pastemoo: yay for maternity pants! Arent they comfy? I'm still wearing non maternity pants too but only ones with an elastic waist.
    @Contemplating: sorry to hear you've been feeling ill! Hope 2nd trimester brings you some relief.
    @Alba4: @runnerd: I haven't vomited either but go through bouts of feeling queasy. But mostly I feel fine which of course makes me worry! Lol
    @MCD919: hoping for good results on your VisibiliT test! I just took my Verifi test today and should get results back in a week!!
    @doodlepoodle: oh yes, I think including the announcement in what you're thankful for this year is a good idea! We might do something like that too.
    @Mrs. Peanut: yay glad you were able to get an ultrasound and that everything with your peanut looked good! Did it look like a baby?! That's so cool you saw it move around!
    @MrsKRB: I hope your body adjusts so you can start feeling better soon!!

So I had my Verifi test today and I should be getting the results in a week! Although since Thanksgiving is next week I'm thinking I might get the results the week after Thanksgiving. It's kind of scary and exciting, especially since we will be finding out the sex. Does anyone have a feeling about whether you're having a boy or girl?

I also was able to schedule another ultrasound for next Wednesday, which will make me feel a lot better about announcing to extended family on Thanksgiving since my last ultrasound was at 8w! I'm hoping everything is okay and baby is growing on track!

10w5d

29. Mrs. Peanut

apricot / 347 posts

@starlitsky: It sort of looked baby like. We could see a head, torso, small arms and legs. He was moving his arms and legs like he was dancing. DH swears he saw the head sway back and forth too. It was amazing. I would post a pic, but for privacy I don't think I will. The pictures weren't nearly as clear as the actual image on the screen. Still amazing though!

I feel like my LO is a boy, but that's just a gut feeling. It'll probably be a girl because of that.

-9w0d

30. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@starlitsky: that's so exciting! Are you hoping for one over the other? I'm having super strong feelings that I'm having a boy, but I still have a few more months to wait and see!

31. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Mrs. Peanut: yay for such a good ultrasound!!! I'm so glad that nothing is wrong and you got to see the little one dancing!!! My Ovia app keeps saying the babies are dancing and I imagine them floating around like astronauts in space

@brownepiano: I hope those hives were a one time deal!!! No fun!

@starlitsky: I have a feeling for girls ...... but it's all just gut feeling.... we'll see in june!!! My husband naturally thinks we're having boys.

AFM, I've noticed my LOWER ab area like by my panty line is really firm and I don't remember having muscles there so I think it's my uterus or other organs which is exciting to feel a change on my body I'm not ready for maternity clothes yet but I have a friend who has offered to let me borrow her wardrobe which is so awesome. I'm thinking I might ask her to borrow one pair of pants next week just to see how they fit as far as length (she's a little taller but almost exclusively wears flats). This way if they don't fit maybe I do some online shopping next Friday to hit sales.

I keep having moments in life or work where I realize no one around me knows and it's like a fun little secret..haha. Don't get me wrong....it will be so awesome to be out in the open in 3 weeks...but for now, I'm relishing in having a fun secret.

-9w1d

32. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@starlitsky: I think I'm going to have a boy, but want a girl... So I can't be team green because I want to know in advance.

Hives night two. Thankfully they go away with benedryl by the middle of the night but it makes sleeping so rough!

-11 w 4d

33. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Mrs. Peanut: aww that sounds so amazing!! I can't wait to see my baby move. I haven't seen its arms or legs yet in an ultrasound! What makes you think it's a boy, and do you have a preference?

@MrsKRB: I have a slight preference for a girl but my husband really wants a boy, so either way we will be happy!! Do you have a preference?

@meadow: it is kinda fun to have a little secret huh? How are you planning to announce at work? I haven't told anyone at my job yet but I think I'm going to let my boss know once I'm in the 2nd trimester.

@brownepiano: When will you find out whether it's a boy or girl? Hope your hives go away soon!!

I don't have a strong feeling either way whether I'm having a boy or girl. A few weeks ago I had a dream that I was having a girl but just this week my friend told me she dreamed I was having a boy, and she didn't even know I was pregnant yet! I haven't really felt too sick other than mild nausea and fatigue, and I haven't had any acne issues, which supposedly point to having a boy. But I've heard of a lot of exceptions to these old wives' tales so I guess you just don't know!!

10w6d

34. Mrs. Peanut

apricot / 347 posts

@meadow: Secrets are fun! I have been enjoying this one too, although it's so hard not to spill the beans!!

@brownepiano: I'm sorry about your hives. That totally sucks. Pregnancy is weird, isn't it?

@starlitsky: I just have a gut feeling. I want a boy because my friend is having her boy next week and it'll be so fun for both of them to be in the same grade. I have had a dream that it's a girl though, so who knows! A girl would also be really fun.

Didn't someone mention a few weeks ago something about the chin test? I think they heard it from their dentist. You squeeze the chin and if it indents, it's a girl. If it stays out, it's a boy. I think this person said that their dentist hasn't been wrong yet. I forget who said it though! We should all put that to the test! Mine stays out like a boy.

9w1d

35. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@starlitsky: I grew up with all sisters, so I'm hoping for a boy

@Mrs. Peanut: that was me! It'll be fun to see if it's right. Mine says boy.

36. Contemplating

coffee bean / 33 posts

@mrs. peanut: Yay for a good US! it is amazing to see them being so active when you can't feel anything yet!

@Starlitsky: We would be happy with either. My brother and SIL have so much fun with thier little girl, so makes me excited for a girl. Both sides of the family only has girl granchildren, 1 on my side and 3 on my DH's side, plus a great granddaughter! He is one of 3 boys and his brothers are finished having kids, so for the sake of the family name they're all hopeing for a boy, but would equally love a little girl. I like the idea of a boy first and then a girl. Jan 12th will be when we find out!!

Wednesday was the worst, my week got better and today so far I'm doing well! maybe the second trimester is starting to kick in

i'm going to a baby shower this afternoon so hopefully I can do some recon. I have no idea what stuff we need, need to start thinking about it!

Have a good weekend!

-12w6d

37. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@starlitsky: I work with a bunch of ladies and we all appreciate food - especially snacks. Easily once every two weeks someone will bring in cookies, brownies, banana bread, or the like to share at lunch. I have always been one to bring in cookies and try out new recipes with my friends. SO, I am going to bake a batch of cupcakes and ice them (half blue half pink) and put them in a tray with tinfoil on top so you can't see them. Then wait for the first person to dig in and see what happens when they see the pink and blue cupcakes I came up with this plan when I got my positive beta. Now that they're twins one of my friends (who was privy to all our IF struggles) thinks its going to confuse everyone - but I think they're smart enough to get it. Hehe. I turn 12 weeks on a Friday and will announce the following Monday at work (this way I can bake casually on Sunday!) Right about the same time I'm getting a new boss - so that will be fun. Introduce myself - "Hi, I"m pregnant and leaving in a few months!" haha. My old boss will still be around, so I plan to actually tell him before the new boss.

@Mrs. Peanut: I wonder if the chin test works at any point in the pregnancy. I don't think my chin has changed since I became pregnant.

@starlitsky: I was thinking some more about gender and that I had a few dreams this past summer about having boys (all singletons of course) and one dream where a great uncle of mine (who has passed) came and told me I was going to have a boy just prior to when we began our IVF cycle. After a summer where I saw multiple "twin" flower blooms and cracked multiple double yolk eggs, I am wondering if the dreams of having a son are premonitions also that we are going to have twin boys! Haha. Funny how my gut has one feeling, but the "signs" point the other way.

I was just thinking the other day how I haven't been very emotional the past 3 weeks or so (shortly after I found out I was preggers I was tearing up all the time!). Go figure - today I have cried 3 times already!! HAHA. I am anxious to see what changes I experience this week when I stop my progesterone. I wonder if I'll be more sick, more moody, the same, etc. Google doesn't seem to show any patterns.

38. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

@Mrs. Peanut: Glad to hear you had a great ultrasound! Whilst it must have been a bit scary being sent for an unplanned scan, it also must have been nice to get to see your little one baking merrily away in there!

@brownepiano: Ugh, two nights of hives?! I'm sorry Hope it's a short lived symptom - maybe your body just adjusting whilst your placenta takes over?

@starlitsky: Exciting that you're going to find out the sex next week or early the week after! The old wives tales haven't held true for me yet, so I don't put much stock into them, although I do enjoy analysing every little thing to see if I can guess the sex!

@meadow: Aww, the cupcakes will be cute at work! I bet people will get it! And wow, your story about seeing lots of double yolk eggs and twin flower blooms this summer, ahead of your rare single embryo transfer splitting into identical twins is all a bit crazy (in a good way!) Will be interesting to see if your dreams about boys are correct!

AFM, no real feeling one way or the other on sex yet. With my first, I was sure all the way up until about 37 weeks that it was going to be a boy, then overnight I just became convinced it was a girl, and she was! With my second, I knew she was a girl from pretty much the day I got my BFP. All through pregnancy, absolutely everything was exactly the same as with DD1 - baby's measurements, heartbeat, profile, my symptoms, the way I carried her etc. I was 100% convinced she was a girl and she was! This time, I am in two minds and sometimes feel like it's a boy, then flip to girl, but really, I just have no idea! Part of me would like a little boy, but I'd also love to have three girls. I'm 51% in favour of a boy, DH is 51% in favour of a girl - I think I'll have more of a feeling after my first scan. We'll see!

~ 9w 0d (I think)

39. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

June 2016 Mamas

June 1: pastemoo, Anne825, Contemplating, catomd00
    June 2: Maddux41506
    June 4: Mrs. Pink, BLA
    June 6: brownepiano
    June 8: MrsKRB, MCD919, Lately
    June 11: Purpledaisy
    June 12: starlitsky
    June 16: LittleGBee
    June 20: MMcAlli
    June 24: Mrs. Peanut ( ), meadow( )
    June 25: doodlepoodle
    June 26: Ree723 ( ) Hazel27
    June 27: Madyetbeautiful
    June 28: runnerd, Alba4, Dr. Pepper, RKitty

40. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

How was everyone's weekend? Mine, uneventful! I called into work Friday. I just needed the day off.. Cleaned house Saturday & went grocery shopping Sunday to fill our fridge for all our visitors coming in this week. Besides that my booty was on the couch watching football & movies. I have learned to do stuff when I'm feeling "ok" and to not put it off because I never know how long the "ok" will last.
    We have our first Thanksgiving dinner tonight, it's the FIL & his family, who we are not really close to. Tried to talk the husband into waiting to announce to them till Christmas because I hate them knowing before the people we are close to knows. Not sure what he will decide to do. As for announcing to everyone else, I was planning on doing a cute shirt, you know, BUT I've been so sick I haven't got the shirt to do it with. So we will probably just announce it when everyone is going around saying what they're thankful for.
    Any one having any new/odd pregnancy symptoms? A super fun one that I am experiencing is my lips are RAW I think it's from throwing up all the time. They bleed & are so sore. Its lovely.
    Well I hope everyone has a great Monday! It's a short week ladies. Just a few days of work & then family time & good food. I am so excited!

-10w1d

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee