Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 moms!

1. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@runnerd: oh man I am glad you are ok!

2. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@brownepiano: hehe moms are good at guessing! Mine was completely surprised but my MIL somehow knew the day after we got a ! I think she could tell my husband was keeping something from her (like I said, he's bad at secrets! )

@meadow: ooh you're right, it does look like a cloud! Good luck with dodging suspicions today!

@pastemoo: I will take your fried chicken! And yes I think you're in the 2nd trimester now, congrats!!

@runnerd: definitely take it easy! Hope things go okay with no more scares!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 🦃🍗 Enjoy your days and report back afterwards on how your announcements (or hiding your pregnancy) went!

3. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving for those in the US! We announced to family with shorts that said eating for two/drinking for three, it was great! Everyone was kind of confused at first, but super excited once everyone realized, haha.

-12w2d

4. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MrsKRB: yay!

5. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Mrs. Peanut: I wouldn't try the antibiotics line with friends -but thought it would be safe on my grandma! Haha. Oh well - I think ultimately she accepted it! We ultimately made it through with accidentally spilling the beans either which felt like quite an accomplishment (my mom has a real hard time with secrets!!)

@MrsKRB: That sounds so great and happy!!

We told my brother and his fiance after the rest of my family left Thanksgiving last night....they were so excited for us and it was happy. We blew their minds with the twins fact! My brother keeps texting me now with "matching" ridiculous name pairs.

I booked my NT scan with a high risk OB for 12/10 so this will be the next chance to see our little ones. (I'll be 11w6d) so that will be really reassuring before I announce at work. Also I'm apparently going to be going to the high risk OB every 4 to 6 weeks (apparently a thing with twins) - so it will be good to meet them.

Anyone doing any shopping today? Black Friday is SO not my scene - but I'll be poking around online the next few days for sure!

-10w0d

6. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: definitely not going out to shop, but I might check around online.

If anyone is interested late spade is having a good sale on bags/diaper bags http://m.surprise.katespade.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-KateSale-Site/en_US/Search-Show?cgid=ks-view-all

7. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

Anyone hiding a bump yet? Might have creeped on the May moms bump thread... Still dressing to lie about it but got a dress for a wedding next weekend that shows it.

Scuse the 10x normal size preggo boobs.

-13w2

8. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@pastemoo: I am! It's on the line between looking just like I ate too much or pregnant, but I'm super thin usually so it is pretty obvious. I just got a maternity dress that is tight everywhere (and stretchy) and there's no missing the bump!

9. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@pastemoo: I feel like my belly looks bigger, but when I asked DH he said I look the same - which I interpreted as wow I look fat everyday then. whomp whomp.

10. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@brownepiano: pic! 😀

11. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@runnerd: lol I said pretty much the same to my husband!

12. Mrs. Peanut

apricot / 347 posts

@meadow: @MrsKRB: I have been poking around online too. I actually bought my first pair of maternity jeans at Target today because they were 40% off. Why not? I don't quite need them yet, but I figured it's not far off! I got an under the belly panel. I'm new to all of this though. Is that the same as a demi panel? I avoided the full panel from what you guys were saying about it being itchy or needed to be folded.

@pastemoo: Your bump looks great! It definitely looks baby and not fat! I am excited to have a bump soon. I mostly just feel thicker around the midsection (tummy and hips), but it's not notable to anyone else. DH doesn't see anything either.

10w0d

13. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@pastemoo: mine just looks like I ate a big sandwich, I tried to wear a tight fitting shirt today, but I'm definitely not ready for that yet! You look adorable!

14. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MrsKRB: sometimes it looks like sandwich, lol. Thank you both! (Mrs peanut, Mrs KRB)

15. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@pastemoo: I'm hiding my bump, since I'm only 9 1/2 weeks. I only have a few more weeks till I'm "out" at my job. I imagine I'll start to tell them after the new year since we have 2 weeks off for the holidays. I can't believe how much faster I'm showing this time. I didn't have a noticeable bump until well after 20 weeks with LO#1.

16. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@Alba4: impressive! I was in maternity pants at nine weeks with 1 and 12 weeks this time

17. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

Stuffing or baby? Haha.

-12w3d

18. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@pastemoo: @MrsKRB: Yay bumps!!!!

I found a couple maternity tanks and 2 pairs of pants with panels that I ordered off of Kohls this morning. I've always noticed that a lot of pregnancy tops are low cut, and that isn't something I am into at work....so I'm thinking the tanks will come in handy for layering! I am so excited to be able to not hide my pooch in the near future! On Wednesday evening my stomach looked huge, but it seems to have gone back down. It was either the fact that I ate two lunches (one at 10:30 and one around 1pm) then snacked while baking and making stuffing all afternoon. Or perhaps I was extra bloated? Not sure! Two more weeks!!!!

19. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MrsKRB: baby!@meadow: can you link the tops? Having the same issue with low cut stuff

20. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@pastemoo: These were the tanks I picked from. I ordered online so I can't speak for exactly where the neckline is...

The racerback tanks is probably too low cut. But it matches the non-maternity tank I started taking "bump" progression pics in. Also I think it will be comfy for sleeping.

(Pics are click-able, but I couldn't figure out how to shrink them after I uploaded....)

21. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@meadow: The ruched seamless tank is awesome for covering but unless they've changed fabric it was itchy in the end. But I was horribly itchy in general!

22. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@brownepiano: That's funny....it was the one style from those 3 I didn't buy because the material "looked funny" to me!! Haha. Win!

23. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@meadow: nice! Ruched tanks are great for later in pregnancy because they cover well, just not that one.

24. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

Good Monday Morning Ladies,

It seems everyone had a good thanksgiving. A scare for @Runnerd, but glad everything is OK!
    Announcing the pregnancy was so exciting & I am glad the family knows now. How did everyone else's announcement go? I hope good.
    I did do a little online Black Friday shopping. H&M had their maternity jeans 50% off so I got two pairs of them & several maternity leggings. I don't think I'll need the full paneled jeans anytime soon but I couldn't beat the deal so I went ahead & got them. I'll let you know how they are once I get them in.
    I have my NT U/S today. I am pretty nervous considering my last ultrasound was at 6w. So I hope everything is ok.
    Hope everyone has a good Monday!
    11w1d

25. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

It's a real baby!! I definitely teared up a little, it feels way more real now!

26. Mrs. Peanut

apricot / 347 posts

@MMcAlli: Good luck!

@MrsKRB: Yay! Your LO looks awesome!!

So my parents just told me that my grandmother will be visiting for Christmas this year and my sister won't be there (my only sibling). I'm pretty annoyed because my sister skipped out on Thanksgiving too to spend time with her friends (she's 25 and lives about 5 hours away). Also, my grandmother is very old (88 years old in fact). She is very frail and complains 99% of the time. That is not an exaggeration. I'm surprised she can make the trip to my parents house that's 4 hours away from her. She can't drive and expects to be entertained the entire time she visits. DH and I were hoping to announce my pregnancy at Christmas by opening a present from the baby. It's my parents first grandchild too. While I'm sure it will be exciting for my grandmother, I know my parents would enjoy the moment much more if my grandmother wasn't there when we told them. Quite frankly, I would too. She will probably say congratulations then start talking about herself again like she usually does. I feel like a child because I'm really annoyed by this, but I honestly don't want her to take away from our moment. I'm so frustrated. I don't know if we'll tell them earlier and just call my sister or bite the bullet and tell them in front of my grandmother and hopefully she won't take away from it too much. I don't know. Sorry, I guess I just needed to vent. Either was, it's not going to play out how I envisioned! Ugh.

27. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Mrs. Peanut: that really stinks! Will your grandma be up on Christmas Eve? Maybe you can do an earlier Christmas when she's not there?

28. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@Mrs. Peanut: Could you tell them a couple days earlier before your grandmother comes in to town? Maybe a early Christmas present? Play it off somehow.

@MrsKRB: Yay for great ultrasound!

Mine went great. My uterus is tilted so they couldn't get the measurements for the NT Scan. They said I will just have to do bloodwork around 16 weeks. It was crazy seeing the baby wiggle on screen. Baby was measuring at 12w3d but they didn't change my due date. So I'm going to stick to 11w1d. I agree with MrsKRB, it feels real now.

29. Mrs. Peanut

apricot / 347 posts

@MrsKRB: I'm not sure. My parents want to open presents with her because they don't know. Of course. This also affects my in-laws because we want to tell both sets of parents within a day or so of each other for fairness. My grandmother is planning on coming the week before Christmas and staying until New Years. Ugh.

@MMcAlli: We thought about giving them their gifts early (which was how we planned to announce), but then what will they open in front of my grandmother? Maybe I can get them a second generic gift. Still, it just doesn't seem as special. I'm glad your ultrasound went well though!

10w3d

30. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MMcAlli: congrats on announcing!
    @MrsKRB: Yay! Hi baby!
    @Mrs. Peanut: What are her sleeping hours? Can you do that gift either early or late, so you can do it with your parents but not grandma. And maybe you can skype your in laws at the same time?? Just do that present all by itself... I'm sorry, that's hard!

31. MCD919

kiwi / 659 posts

Hope everyone had a great holiday! Love seeing all of the 12 wk ultrasound pics! We did the genetic testing this time instead of 12 wk scan/ NT test, so I'm jealous of your ultrasounds! Everything came back ok with the testing, and we decided not to find out the sex, so we're officially team green! I definitely can't hide my bump/ bloat anymore

12w5d

32. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: Oh wow....what a cutiepie! Selfishly - seeing this ultrasound makes me super excited for my 11w6d ultrasound (NT scan) in a couple weeks!!!!!!

@Mrs. Peanut: What a wrench to add into your plans!!! UGH. I agree with pastemoo to attempt to sneak some alone time with your parents. Perhaps after Christmas Day (that evening/the following morning depending if you are staying over). Say something like - oh this was in the bottom of our pile and we forgot to give it to you! If this is the one and only gift for them I'd play it off during regular gift opening like you can't for the life of you figure out where it went - you're *sure* you packed it in the car -- you'll have to go scour the trunk later..........

@MMcAlli: I hope your scan went well!!

@MCD919: Yay team green!!!! What a wonderful surprise it will be!!

33. Purpledaisy

nectarine / 2973 posts

Finally had my first ultrasound today and everything is looking good. I'm so relieved and it feels so "real" now. Also my due date is adjusted to June 13 and we are team green!(hopefully I can stay strong😁)

I've been keeping up on here but keeping quiet until I felt that everything was "ok". Even though this pregnancy was planned it just happened so fast that I've had trouble wrapping my head around it and adjusting. (I know that is a great problem to have and I fully appreciate how quickly I got pregnant. But I still can't help what I feel.) I have to say that I am finally truly excited and can't wait for June!

And I'm so happy for everyone on here. It looks like everyone has been getting good news at their appointments and getting fun ultrasounds!

34. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Purpledaisy: aww!!! So happy for a good scan for you!! Congrats

35. doodlepoodle

grapefruit / 4136 posts

@meadow: Oh no! I'm sorry about your chicken aversion I had that with my first pregnancy, but nothing so far this time, fingers crossed because I eat chicken all the time!!

@runnerd: Thank goodness you were okay and your scan looked good. I hope things continue to go smoother and that you don't have any more blood clots. xoxo!!

@Mrs. Peanut: I'm sorry about the grandma situation I had a wrench in my plans to announce too...I know it's disappointing, just try to focus on the positive part and how you can make it special for you & for your parents (and IL's!) and hopefully your excitement can drown out the crabby grandma situation.

I had my u/s last Monday before thanksgiving and all looks good, they think I might be measuring a day or two ahead but my dr is keeping my due date the same. I told my mom that night (she was bringing J back from an overnight) and she seemed happy for us. We aren't close and she changed the subject back to herself pretty quickly, so I tried not to focus on that. She didn't come to our house for thanksgiving so I had to tell her before everyone else. Thanksgiving day was awesome though, my Dad, step-mom, Grandma and brother were all SO happy and excited. I had J wear a "big bro" shirt and my Dad didn't catch on very fast, I am SO GLAD I thought to video his reaction because it took me explicitly saying "Big Bro...big brother...J is going to be a big brother...." and my Dad got this HUGE smile on his face. Totally made my day. My Grandma is so thrilled too. My Grandma, Dad and I (I have half & step siblings, but I'm my Dad's only biological child) are all only-children so I think they're excited that we're having more than one My Dad said "Well I'm sure glad you're getting J a baby brother or sister, I know he'll enjoy that"

I'm still feeling kind of meh. I had a really bad migraine last week and my pregnancy caused a new symptom - transient aphasia. Basically once my migraine set in I couldn't speak clearly or read. I could see just fine, the letters of everything were just jumbled up. It was pretty scary but went away and my Dr said since I've suffered from migraines in the past that it's not uncommon that pregnancy would cause new symptoms. SO I'm going to be extra careful about staying on top of my triggers and not letting myself get to the point of a migraine again.

Other than that nothing new to report. Just looking...chubby. Haha! My stomach just looks like I stopped running and started eating what I wanted (which is somewhat true) so I'm sure everyone at my office just thinks I'm getting chubby again It's tough for me to stay caught up so I'll do my best! Working full time (no access to HB at work) then having J on my own on weeknights is pretty exhausting.

36. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@runnerd: I'm glad everything is okay, and hopefully you can return to running soon.

I didn't really pick up anything for Black Friday, I just have no idea what my body is going to do, so I'll take it day by day. It's hard for me to find clothes anyways as I need plus and tall so when I find clothes they're usually spendy... and I don't want to spend money on something I might not need. So hopefully they won't be to over priced when I finally need some clothes!

I did ask my mom, and she said her boobs never went 'boom' until her last month or two of pregnancy. So I'm assuming I'll be the same way since they haven't grown yet.

37. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@MrsKRB: @Purpledaisy: @MMcAlli: glad everyone had great scans!!

And thanks to everyone sending well wishes my way. No more spotting since a couple of days after that incident. I have my next ultrasound a week from today at 11w2d and I am so anxious to reconfirmed it's still all good in there.

I got my maternity jeans in the mail yesterday, and so am wearing them today - ah so nice!

-10w2d

38. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Purpledaisy: It's hard to really feel like it's real, but seeing that baby moving around on the screen definitely hits you!@doodlepoodle: I'm sorry about your migranes, that sounds awful

39. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

June 2016 Mamas

June 1: pastemoo, Anne825, Contemplating, catomd00
    June 2: Maddux41506
    June 4: Mrs. Pink, BLA
    June 6: brownepiano
    June 8: MrsKRB, MCD919 ( ), Lately
    June 13: Purpledaisy ( )
    June 14: starlitsky
    June 16: LittleGBee
    June 20: MMcAlli
    June 24: Mrs. Peanut( )
    meadow ( )
    June 25: doodlepoodle
    June 26: Ree723 ( ) Hazel27, runnerd
    June 27: Madyetbeautiful
    June 28: Alba4, Dr. Pepper, RKitty

40. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@doodlepoodle: That migraine sounds really scary - yikes!! Glad your announcement went well with your Dad's side of the family! Such a happy story

I am loving how many team greens I am seeing on the list! YAY We are going to have so many surprises next June

AFM, I got a call from the OB's office today with my lab results from last Tuesday. Looks like I have a UTI. I think it's karma laughing in my face because that is exactly what I told my grandma last week! SO I guess technically I wasn't lying. HAH. I am asymptomatic which makes me skeptical, but apparently is really common in pregnant ladies. Have any of you taken antibiotics during your first trimester? I am a little nervous about that. When I asked the nurse on the phone she said not to worry because I was in my 2nd trimester, but apparently my records have a typo. So I'm a bit nervous that my doctor prescribed it looking at my records thinking I was in my 2nd trimester not first. I do plan to call tomorrow to speak with a different nurse before I start taking the meds. BUT I figured in the meantime, I could pester you ladies

-10w4d

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee