Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 moms!

1. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MMcAlli: BEAUTIFUL baby! Wow!

@runnerd: What good news

@MrsKRB: Glad most of your results were good. :HUG: and fingers crossed for Papp-a to be all good. I agree with Mrs. Peanut that closer monitoring will hopefully catch anything early.

2. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

Those of you who had your NT scan --- it was an abdominal ultrasound right?

3. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@meadow: yes mine was abdominal! Although I have read that if they can't get good images they may switch to transvaginal.

Excited about your scan tomorrow!!

4. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@Mrs. Peanut: I know, I will report back Friday!

5. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MMcAlli: I'm sorry you had such a tough weekend! I hope you're feeling better! And yay for a great pic of your sweet LO!!

@brownepiano: @runnerd: @MMcAlli: @Ree723: I feel tired already thinking about how rambunctious boys can be!! lol but excited and getting used to the idea!

@catomd00: when do you find out whether you're having another girl or a boy??

@rkitty: @meadow: @Mrs. Peanut: my app said I might be peeing less around 12w but it was the opposite for me! Haha. we'll see if things change though!

@MrsKRB: I hope the increased risk turns out to be nothing!! Try not to worry although I know it's hard not to!

So I don't think I'm showing yet but my waist is definitely expanding. Yesterday I wore a pair of pants to work that are definitely too tight now. I was uncomfortable all day! I'm still looking for a good pair if maternity leggings and jeans. I think I just need to hit up a few stores and try them on in person (so far I've been ordering online).

13w1d

6. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@MRSKRB: I have never heard of the Papp-A test before? Is it routine? Like others have said, hopefully with your results they'll keep a eye on you. Try not to let it worry you.

@meadow: Yes, my NT Scan was abdominal. Can't wait to hear how your scan goes tomorrow.

Thanks Ladies for the kind words! I am feeling pretty good today. I love these brief moments of feeling good.
    I cannot believe we are approaching or are already in the 2nd trimester. Seems like yesterday I was joining this forum & meeting you ladies. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

-12w3d

7. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: it was abdominal for me

8. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@MMcAlli: it was included in all the labs to test for downs and trisomy 21. A decreased level can mean an increased risk for chromosomal deficiency or a placenta problem. Since I'm at low risk for a chromosomal deficiency, it might be a placenta problem.

I haven't even spoken to my doctor yet, I'm probably getting way ahead of myself

9. Dr. Pepper

apricot / 461 posts

Hey everyone! I've been gone from posting for a while, but I've been following along with everyone's posts. I was feeling so terrible, nauseous, and tired for a while, but most of that is gone now!

I got the results of the VisibiliT test today. The risk of chromosomal problems was low and is showed a MALE gender. Ah! I was so hoping for a girl. I have a 2.5 year old little boy who I adore but I so so so wanted a little girl. Yes, I'm that person, and I'm not afraid to admit it. Give me a few weeks and I'll be thrilled. Its so fitting. My brother has 3 little girls and we have always joked that I will end up with all boys. Our family joke is coming true.

My plans for telling my family have been ruined. I planned to tell them at our Christmas gathering on the 20th. It was going to be my mom's present. But my dad called to see if I was going on our annual beach trip (June 18-25) and I made up and excuse why I couldn't. He read through the lines and asked, "is there any reason why mom and I might not want to go?" So I had to tell him that there was a reason mom might not want to go. They have to book the beach house by the 14th or they lose their claim on it for the year. So I have to tell my mom tonight! At least I can still save the gender as her Christmas present. Now instead of an ultrasound picture, she'll get a BIG box of blue balloons!

10. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Dr. Pepper: I think 2 boys sound wonderful! Congratulations!!

11. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

June 2016 mamas

June 1: pastemoo, Anne825, Contemplating, catomd00
    June 2: Maddux41506
    June 4: Mrs. Pink, BLA
    June 6: brownepiano
    June 8: MrsKRB, MCD919 Lately
    June 13: Purpledaisy
    June 14: starlitsky
    June 16: LittleGBee
    June 20: MMcAlli
    June 24: Mrs. Peanut meadow
    June 25: doodlepoodle
    June 26: Ree723 Hazel27, runnerd
    June 27: Madyetbeautiful
    June 28: Alba4, Dr. Pepper RKitty

12. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@Dr. Pepper: so fun to know gender!! I kinda want a girl this time too, but am ok with a boy bc there are so many great things about having 2 brothers too

Too funny about your announcement for parents but I think it's fun that you still have the gender reveal for Christmas!

13. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

I'm jealous of those of you that know 😂

My midwife didn't know about a blood test that could do it-- I can't figure out if they just don't do it locally or if she just didn't want to order it?

I've been really gassy, but definitely haven't been needing to pee quite as much which is nice- getting up at 2am to pee while trying not to wake a cosleeping toddler is tough!

I'll catch up on everyone else!

14. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@starlitsky: 3 weeks minimum. My next appt is Monday and I'll book my anatomy scan then!

15. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@Dr. Pepper: congrats on baby boy! It will be fun watching brothers grow up together. I totally get being disappointed though. be kind to yourself, you know You'll love that sweet baby no matter what!

16. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@Mrs. Pink: I'm opting out of NT and bloodwork screening but the pamphlets my doctor provided me weren't the test names that people mention when they find out gender anyways.

17. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Dr. Pepper: I'm glad you got good chromosomal results on the test! I understand feeling disappointed about the gender since I would also want a girl for my next. But that's the good thing about finding out early, it gives us time to get used to it and excited! How did telling your mom yesterday go?

@Mrs. Pink: The tests are newer, within the past few years, and usually offered/covered by insurance if you're 35+ or have other higher risk factors. Ask your midwife about NIPT (non invasive prenatal test) or they are also called cell-free DNA tests and go by names like MaterniT21, Verifi, Harmony, Panorama, etc.

18. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: I had my NT scan / 1st trimester screening today and I too have a low PAPP-A. I was doing some reading when I got home and it seems like IVF pregnancies are a higher risk for lower levels. Interesting!

My LOs were so cute today - it was amazing to see how much they've grown in the past month since my last u/s. They were bouncing around in there - then one calmed down and took a nap and the tech couldn't get some of the measurements she needed so she was trying to get me to startle the baby. So I coughed and that baby sat still - but the other one flew around in his little sac. It was so funny!

In general our appointment went really well and our risk factors are low. I will be seeing the high risk OB monthly after the anatomy scan in February. The doctor did mention that they won't let me go past 38 weeks. So I wonder if I can use that as my "due date" for my employer to figure out maternity leave (I have a designated amount of time I can go out paid with sick time prior to birth).

Good luck to those of you getting scans soon! I think there are at least two people coming up! Watch out for the belly jelly! I had blobs on my pants and the tops of my panties when I left. Lovely!

19. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: interesting! I wonder if it's any more/less concerning with ivf, or if it's standard? How cool to see 2 baby's in there!!

20. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

I should have asked! my next appt is when we do the gender scan- my insurance is BS so they probably wouldn't cover since I'm not over 35... the suspense is killing me!

has anyone else felt movement yet? I can't find LO's baby book so I don't remember when I felt her exactly... but I'm going mad not being able to feel the baby already-- I'm a reassurance kinda gal!

The "not being able to sleep on my tummy" stage is hitting right on schedule though-- I hate sleeping on my side! my arms always fall asleep!

14w +2 today

21. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@Mrs. Pink: I'm not looking forward to side sleeping. I'm holding out for as long as possible since I love sleeping on my tummy. I thought we were ok until 20 weeks?! I need to clarify next appointment.

22. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

Mamas I am so behind on your news! Time to catch up.
    15w1d

23. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@Alba4: I slept on my stomach for at least part of the night till my son was born... With lots of pillows.

24. Dr. Pepper

apricot / 461 posts

Thanks y'all! I knew I would be disappointed if I had another boy so I really wanted to find out early to give myself time to adjust. I have such a great relationship with my mom that I really wanted to be able to do that with my own daughter someday. I know I will be crazy in love with a second little boy. I have always known I would end up with all boys, which I why I wanted a girl so badly.

My biggest problem with another boy is that boy names are SO HARD. I have 4 great girls names I want to use and no more boy names. Reed. That was my one boy name I loved. I already used it now. Luke- love that too but my husband refuses because he has a cousin who has a son named Lucas so it's "already taken". Such a stupid reason. Our Reed is the 4th Reed in my family.

Telling my mom went great. I had a box wrapped inside a box wrapped inside a box wrapped inside a box wrapped inside a box! By the time she got to the ultrasound photo in a frame she was so distracted that she wasn't expecting it and was so excited. She's already said she's not going on the annual beach trip either. She's not missing this.

She asked me "when will you find out the gender?" To which I was like, "well this baby is due a month after Reed was due and we found out at the beginning of January with him, so probably the beginning of February." She'll never expect a Christmas reveal.

I go in on Monday for my first official OB appointment (my 12 week appt). I'm still nervous. We saw a heartbeat at 7 weeks, so I hope its still there. I'm scared that since I'm on the progesterone supps that if something happened my body wouldn't know. I'll find out soon. Hopefully after I hear the heartbeat again I can stop worrying for a while.

-11w2s

25. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@Dr. Pepper: this is exactly why I want to be team green. Disappointment about the sex of the baby is real and it sucks. Still working on dh to not find out...

26. Dr. Pepper

apricot / 461 posts

@Mrs. Pink: I remember feeling movement with my first around 16-17 weeks. I can't wait for this one! I can't sleep on my stomach either. Last pregnancy I would try to fall asleep on my side each night only to give up and sleep in a recliner every single night. It was the only way for me to get any sleep. My hubby was kind enough to bring one up into the bedroom for me.

27. Dr. Pepper

apricot / 461 posts

@pastemoo: No way. There is absolutely no way I could every wait to find out. I HATE surprises and I'm super impatient. I'm glad I found out.

28. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@Alba4: @Mrs. Pink: Do you have a snoogle? I used to make a nest out of it and some other pillows for my belly so I could still tummy sleep!

29. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Alba4: I didn't know there was a rule on tummy sleeping (just back sleeping). I just thought people didn't because it was not comfortable with the bump!

@Dr. Pepper: That is so fun about the nested boxes She will be so surprised with your Christmas reveal!!!

-11w6d (just realized I forgot to tag my post from earlier)

30. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

Mr dr said stomach sleeping is ok until it's uncomfortable. It's definitely starting to get uncomfortable for me, and actually I've been wanting to sleep on my back, so sleep hasn't been working for me so well! (Hence the post at 4am )

31. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: That's no fun

32. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

@Dr. Pepper: I'm glad telling your mom went so well! It's going to be so exciting, and such a surprise, to see them find out the gender on Christmas Day! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

@meadow: So glad you had a great scan and the babes were looking good! Also reassuring to hear the low Papp-a isn't a big concern in IVF pregnancies. Was it just amazing to see two little ones on the screen?!

@Mrs. Pink: I haven't felt any movement yet but I think I'm just really bad about telling what's movement and what's not. With DD1, I had an anterior placenta so it was about 23 weeks before I felt her; with DD2, it was sooner, but I can't remember how much sooner. DD1 was jumping on my belly this morning and all I could think of was 'poor baby, being beaten up by its big sisters already!'

@MrsKRB: Ugh, hope you got back to sleep soon! 4 am is the worst! I slept on my back and tummy throughout pregnancy. My midwives weren't terribly concerned and said your body will let you know if your sleeping position is not working for you or your baby. The only caveat to that was if one was taking any kind of medications that would make one sleep heavier than normal. Actually, now that I think about it, for about the last six weeks of pregnancy, I slept pretty much sitting up due to my terrible reflux. Nothing like laying down to sleep and feeling all the food you ate start creeping its way back up your esophagus....

Only three more days until my first scan - I can't wait!!! First of all, I just want to make sure there is a baby in there; secondly, I want to make sure there is only ONE baby in there (I have this recurring dream now that it is twins, which would not be good as I'm already freaking out about managing three kids, four would be well beyond me!!!). And finally, I can't wait to get a due date - I hate just guessing!

I have a Christmas party to attend tomorrow night and am feeling so incredibly fat and unexcited about everything in my wardrobe right now. I'm showing far earlier than I did with either of my girls, and right now I'm in the 'thick' phase. I don't really have a bump but I have just thickened up through the middle and I look awful. I'm naturally pretty thin and whilst the dresses I have still fit, they just aren't super flattering right now as my style tends to be figure accentuating dresses (not tight, just showing off a waist and trim figure - think Kate Middleton-esque). I don't really want to buy anything new as this is definitely our last baby, so I'm just trying to suck it up and accept that I'll look awful, but so be it. It's for my DD's preschool - I'm the chairperson of the committee (it's a committee run preschool) so it will just be me and the staff of the school at a nice dinner out, followed by drinks and dancing - so it's not like a fancy party with DH's work colleagues or anything where I feel a massive need to impress, but still....

Alright, enough whinging! Hope everyone is doing well!

~11w 6d

33. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@MrsKRB: I think the Trisomy21 is what I'm having at my next appointment since my NT Scan was unsuccessful. I will definitely keep my ears open for the Papp-A part & ask about it. I get the getting ahead of ourselves part. Its just way too easy to worry.

@Dr.Pepper: Congratulations on finding out it's a boy! I get the gender disappointment. I am so convinced I'm having a boy, I am sure I will experience a little disappointment if I'm told it's a girl. Yay for telling your mom. Funny, we are telling our family the same lie about not being able to find out the gender until January. It's just too fun to surprise everyone at Christmas.

@Meadow: Yay for a good ultrasound. How exciting to see two little babies. I would definitely go off the 38 week mark with your work.

@Mrs.Pink: I don't have the not being able to sleep on tummy problem, but I do have the not being able to sleep on my back problem. I toss & turn all night. I usually just wedge a pillow under my back so I'm not fully on my back.

@Ree723: How exciting your first scan is just 3 days away! I hope everything goes great. Can't wait to hear about it!

Some of you ask & talk about feeling movements. I'm only 12w5d but measuring at 14weeks so I haven't felt any solid 100% certain movement. I have experience a weird feeling a few times though. Not certain if it's the baby or just my body. It feels like a the inside of my stomach is twitching, Its exactly where they find the baby at anytime I've had an ultrasound.. It almost tickles. Whatever it is I enjoy feeling it. Looking forward to more.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
    Countdown to finding out gender: 12 more days just 12 more days!
    -12w5d

34. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Ree723: good to know! Maybe there's a reason I'm more comfortable on my back.

@MMcAlli: I've had those muscle twitches too! Haven't thought too much about it. So close to finding out the gender! I still have 4 weeks

I feel like I look huge right now, way further along than 14 weeks, lol. Either I popped early, or I'm going to be enormous come May/June!

-14w2d

35. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

Congrats to everyone who's found out the gender had good test/US results.

And thanks for the input about the teeth grinding/clenching... Since my dentist appointment is soon I'll make sure to talk to him about it.

As for all the sleepers.... I'm a back sleeper... and I've been trying to sleep on my sides so I get used to it but I wake up most mornings on my back anyways... with cats interspersed between limbs... (which is part of the reason I sleep on back more space for kitty snuggles!)

I bought some extra pillows last night and tried to nest myself to a comfortable side sleeping position. But I've also got enough now that I can sleep like I'm in a recliner on the bed... hopefully that's good enough!

36. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@RKitty: I got a tiny wedge pillow that works for keeping you off your inferior vena cava (only reason to not be on your back). I use it for back or stomach sleeping. I think it's from boppy. It is really small and only $16. So far I love it.

37. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Ree723: It was absolutely amazing. I was in awe! (And pretty much couldn't take my eyes away from the screen!) Hope your party goes well and you pick out an outfit that you feel comfortable in

@MMcAlli: Sometimes I get a "twinge" feeling - I've attributed it to ligaments near my uterus stretching as it grows. No idea if that's real since it's my first - shrug!

@MrsKRB: Did you ever get info from your doctor about the analysis on your PAPP-A results? I have a paragraph from my doctor that I found in paperwork this morning that I can share if you want. Does HB has private messages? I can't find it if they exist

Starting to tell my friends (2 last night, 1 today, 2 tomorrow) then the rest of my work friends on Monday. Announcing is so so much fun! The joy is unreal. It is so wonderful to widen the circle of people IRL I can talk to in addition to you ladies.

Also I'm getting a haircut (so overdue!) tomorrow! I am pumped...right around Thanksgiving I was having some really good hair days that I attributed to the hormones & babies - but now it is getting a little wild - haha!!!!

12w0d

38. Mrs. Peanut

apricot / 347 posts

@Dr. Pepper: I worry that the opposite will happen to me! I really want a boy ( this is our first) but I can see my LO ending up being a girl. Either way I'm sure you'll love them just the same even if that takes some getting used to. We decided to be team green though, so I'll let you know what the sex is in June! I'm glad your announcement went well even though it was ruined a bit. I still am worried about my Christmas announcement being ruined.

@Ree723: I feel thick around the middle too! No bump, just chunky. This stage kind of stinks, but at least we can sort of hide it if we aren't ready to tell everyone. I hope your Christmas party goes well!

@meadow: Thats awesome you could see them! I didn't know that you could make them move at this stage! Now I feel bad for my LO. I've been coughing up a storm. I picked up a cold from my shopping trip last weekend and I can't seem to shake it. Poor little guy or girl is getting disturbed a lot if coughing or sneezing does it!

I am a side sleeper 95% of the time. I didn't know you weren't supposed to sleep on your back though. In the other 5% of the time, I am on my back.

Also, I just got a bill from the OB for $7.75 for my urine test. Insurance covered $4.25 of the $12 charge. It seems odd they didn't cover the whole thing. I mean, it's only $7.75...but still. Is this normal? Help, bees! I've never gone through this and really don't know if I should be asking questions or if this is fairly standard. The urine test was the only thing that showed up on the paperwork, no blood test, and no ultrasound (both of which I also had done). Thoughts?

12w0d

39. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: my appointment is not for another 2 weeks, if you could send me what your doctor said that would be great! You can send me a message by clicking on my user name and then going to wall post.

@Mrs. Peanut: can you log in to your insurance website to see a breakdown of what they cover? That seems strange to me because usually urine and blood tests are covered.

40. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@Mrs. Peanut: do you have a deductible? Is the $12 the actual charge and the $7.75 the negotiated rate?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee